Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Due to our recent acquisition of Ghostbear, Green Eggs & Hamhuis of the LSL shall henceforth be known as the Kermode Bears. Kermode bears, also known as spirit bears or ghost bears, are black bears with white fur, native to the west coast of British Columbia.

The name will be revised when Ghostbear is inevitably and inexplicably returned to the AHL in two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

mentholmoose posted:

Holy poo poo I'm losing face-offs 76 to 5 in HHL.

e: And I've got more goals than hits this week.

Faceoffs for the faceoffs god. :unsmigghh:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Had a really good week in LSL and yanked myself all the way up to 10th. Pretty good considering I'm not going to win a single goalie category this year

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm doing solid in every league but the BMC, where I'm already cycling like a bitch

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I am getting beset with injuries in my work league :sigh:

I did pick up Kuemper before the season started so that's been good. Debating trying to do a "sell high" trade with him although the Wild do seem pretty solid. But it's early.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

I'm doing solid in every league but the BMC, where I'm already cycling like a bitch

You also suck in our money league.

Season is young though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jordan7hm posted:

You also suck in our money league.

Season is young though.

we've already agreed that this is due to dog diarrhea and not wanting to make goons feel bad two years in a row

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

You're up against me in LOLHL this week, bub.

so prepare to win probably

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Tell you what, 3 dudes on IR ain't doing me any favors.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
3rd in HHL, 8th in LSL.

My HHL team might get even better once E Kane, Dan Boyle and Vinny Lecavalier get healthy. Then again, I'd be relying on Dan Boyle and Vinny Lecavalier, so...

In the LSL, I'm not sure why I thought the Maple Leafs goaltending and Eddie Lack would be a good idea. Nothing I can really do about it since there are a total of 4 goalies who've seen the ice this season that aren't owned.

fancy stats posted:

Faceoffs for the faceoffs god. :unsmigghh:

Final count, me: 41, you: 213.

I won the matchup, though, 7 to 5, on the backs of Rask and Lehtonen.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

mentholmoose posted:

3rd in HHL, 8th in LSL.

My HHL team might get even better once E Kane, Dan Boyle and Vinny Lecavalier get healthy. Then again, I'd be relying on Dan Boyle and Vinny Lecavalier, so...

In the LSL, I'm not sure why I thought the Maple Leafs goaltending and Eddie Lack would be a good idea. Nothing I can really do about it since there are a total of 4 goalies who've seen the ice this season that aren't owned.

If it makes you feel any better I'm currently holding Cam Ward, Anton Khudobin, and Carter Hutton

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
My LSL goaltending is a trainwreck too.

Had a good week in HHL (and pulled off a win in faceoffs despite deciding to abandon that category entirely when I dropped Brassard), but I've realised another downside of how my draft went: because I had tons of money in the middle rounds and finished drafting early, I don't really have any borderline guys who I can drop for the new hot thing. Though that may actually be a good thing...

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

T-Bone posted:

Yeah that 3-3 tie we wound up with was pretty stupid. I would have come out better if I'd known Schneider was going to start back-to-back.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

cenotaph posted:

Yeah that 3-3 tie we wound up with was pretty stupid. I would have come out better if I'd known Schneider was going to start back-to-back.

imagine if this were playoffs (lol im not making the playoffs with that lovely team)

the sv % tie is the best part I think

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Having a couple of players miss because of the postponed game, me thinking Stalock could beat Buffalo and Schneider wouldn't start and you tying me on PIMs off the Vatanen "embellishment" penalty is just kind of surreal.

This is my first year so what would happen in the playoffs?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

If it helps, Bernier and Reimer will probably rebound a bit as the season wears on. I'm beginning to doubt either will sniff .920 this year though.

But hey, I have Lindback and he has a GAA of like 4.5 so far. If Scrivens hadn't had an amazing week I'd be dead last in LSL by now.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Hmm Minnesota are playing the Rangers... I'll play both goalies for the guaranteed w

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

A Ben Scrivens shutout is the likeliest of shutouts :whatup:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kuemper no :negative:

5 goals on 20 shots :smithicide:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
When does Yahoo update its injured reserve list? I need to pick someone up to replace Bobrovsky right the hell now

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Paramemetic posted:

Tell you what, 3 dudes on IR ain't doing me any favors.

LOL gently caress my rear end, 4 on IR now, with Pavelec as my only goalie. It's gonna be a long season for me in HHL, can we just do a lockout or something?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Paramemetic posted:

LOL gently caress my rear end, 4 on IR now, with Pavelec as my only goalie. It's gonna be a long season for me in HHL, can we just do a lockout or something?

I have one alex stalock on my team and solid goaltending outside of him. JUST SAYIN.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Guignol posted:

When does Yahoo update its injured reserve list? I need to pick someone up to replace Bobrovsky right the hell now

If this is in LSL then hahahahah I'm so sorry

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

Vicas posted:

If this is in LSL then hahahahah I'm so sorry

gently caress no, you sharks would tear me apart in that league
i'm in a different wee baby league in which i am being torn apart

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
If it's any consolation I'm in LSL and this is the first time I've ever done fantasy hockey, so I pretty much offered to jump in with the wolves to begin with

e: as secondary consolation:

Vicas posted:

If it makes you feel any better I'm currently holding Cam Ward, Anton Khudobin, and Carter Hutton

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
that does make me feel a little better about my Schneider-Bobrovsky-Nobody lineup, thank you!
I picked up Toffoli instead of another goaltender when Gibson was sent to the AHL. what could possibly go wrong???????

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Welp, Kuemper and Schneider sure aren't getting me anything this week.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Cam Ward bringing me the GAA title with a solid 3.00

I'm not gonna get a single goalie win this year, lmao

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm running Howard-Varlamov-McElhinney-Peters right now as a four-headed goaltender unit.

I picked up Peters because all three of my goalies decided to break at the same time last week.

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Here's a general Yahoo fantasy question. In our league add/drops take place immediately, so you can pick someone up and play them that day. I have someone playing at 7:30 today, can I drop them at 7:35, pick someone up, and put them in for a 8:00 game?

genki
Nov 12, 2003
It should prevent you from dropping someone who's already played that day. Once the player has started a game, he's ineligible for dropping (whether he's benched or playing). At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
An injured Ryan McDonagh hit the waiver wire in my keeper league today. Think it's worth picking him up, even with Bobrovsky taking up my IR spot right now? He won't be back for another month, but since I'm already hosed in my league and I'd almost certainly keep him (and all my D-men are waiver burners right now), I think it's worth it. What do you guys think?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mentholmoose posted:

Right after I said that, of course, this happened:

I picked up one of those four - Hutchison - and he got one of those two shutouts.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
So is it too early to bail on Jeff Skinner? He was ranked 32 by my league's scoring system, but he has absolutely no help in Carolina.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Koth posted:

So is it too early to bail on Jeff Skinner? He was ranked 32 by my league's scoring system, but he has absolutely no help in Carolina.

Sounds like he is coming off a concussion so perhaps he'll ramp up slowish. I did notice him getting panic dropped in my league and I was thinking about picking him up.

Unrelated: so glad I got Filip Forsberg, he's really on fire lately.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My strategy of picking a bunch of promising young players is paying off Big Time in LSL, didn't expect to still be in first after three weeks. Hiller is a good amount of that success though and I dunno how stable Calgary is gonna be. Getting guys like Forsberg and Burakvosky late (257th and 344th) helps.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

priznat posted:

Sounds like he is coming off a concussion so perhaps he'll ramp up slowish. I did notice him getting panic dropped in my league and I was thinking about picking him up.

Unrelated: so glad I got Filip Forsberg, he's really on fire lately.

After my draft, I noticed Forsberg wasn't drafted. I thought about it, but I kept Cody Eakin over him.

Cody loving Eakin.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I picked him up after Statsny went down, what a steal!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I lost both stastny and Backes the same week in LSL and got edged out on so many categories it hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I find myself irrationally hoping for some sudden season-ending injury to Ales Hemsky so that I can justify my strong desire to drop his sorry rear end. Nearly a PPG with Spezza in Ottawa to end last season, both go to Dallas and he has one assist.

I blame Lindy Ruff.

• Locked thread