Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
they are puppet masters with a puppet and a fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr-62R0epH0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

no wait have this

it is 45 minutes and full of kpop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoqVo5Z2WX4

that may be cpop

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Third World Reggin posted:

no wait have this

it is 45 minutes and full of kpop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoqVo5Z2WX4

that may be cpop

yeah it's cpop

playing another Chinagame with you guys may be hampered by the fact that I am actually in China for the next year or so

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Good news. It is only out in china right now.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

they are puppet masters with a puppet and a fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr-62R0epH0

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun. And here I thought I wasn't going to get sucked into yet another chinagame. On the bright(?) side, I might be unemployed again soon, so hooray for more time for games, right?

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
I am a huge sucker for the sphere grid meridian system.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
When is this supposed to come to not-china?

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

meridians

tldr you can slot stats and what not into meridians, and you get skill books you slot into them to get new skills, and you can change some skills based on what you unlock

Classes
TianXiang 天香
GaiBang 丐帮
ZhenWu 真武
ShenWei 神威
TaiBai 太白
TengMang 唐门

Neat.

Can't wait to see how they gently caress it up.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kylra posted:

When is this supposed to come to not-china?

It's not even out of beta in China as far as I know, so probably in a couple years at best?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

quote:

Killing mobs in the dungeon or world map does not grant you any experience at all.

Grithok it looks like you must have made a typo because you seem to be implying that Chinagame 3.0 doesn't require grinding 2^700 mobs to reach level cap.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This will probably require grinding of dailys but most of the exp / level system seems to be meridians.

Those require unique quests, hidden quests, 1v1 fights with specific or random npcs, and a few other things. Plus meditation.

There will be plenty to grind since most of the meridians you unlock require you to buy a gem and slot said gem.

Still no info on pvp or jail but luthience found a page where the creators of the game describe it as wushu 2.0

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Ok good for a moment I was afraid I'd be able to play the game casually.

Is the silly umbrella class gender-locked?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Not sure but it looks that way

女 in the bottom right means female while the tang have male and female

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

drat it china why can't you let my characters dress how they feel in the inside. :ladyeast:

Guess I'll have to not play the manliest umbrella maiden.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

女 in the bottom right means female while the tang have male and female
So what's the male exclusive class this time?

Also what's with chinagames and having gender locked classes? We're 3/3 at this point.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Yeah gently caress historicality give me my Fem-Shaolin. Bald is beautiful.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pavlov posted:

Yeah gently caress historicality give me my Fem-Shaolin. Bald is beautiful.

Except historically there WERE Fem-Shaolin.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

By the time this gets here we'll all be playing black desert, ffxiv 5.0 and WoW Return of the Litch King.

-e Also the entire combat system is being reworked and the closed beta is going to delayed for up to 10 months. Dont get hyped guys, you'll be waiting for a long time.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 29, 2014

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Tarezax posted:

yeah it's cpop

playing another Chinagame with you guys may be hampered by the fact that I am actually in China for the next year or so

O RLY where

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Mile'ionaha posted:

Except historically there WERE Fem-Shaolin.

Ok let me rephrase:

drat it china don't you care at all about historicality? Gimme Fem-Shaolin.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I will refer you to my previous post which quotes the late, great, Ryan Davis.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
That's probably the most hilarious thing about female beggar characters in Wushu, you couldn't go to the Latest And Greatest Op As poo poo School when 5th inners came out.

At least beggar 5th looked decent

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Anyone got BaconLi's greatest hits saved up? I don't have archives.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Yeah I'm probably gonna play Moonlight Blade as a disgusting drunk. I want to see how they make it a horrible p2w Shitfest first though.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
maybe by then you will be married :sparkles:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh you want more information? Haha oh boy! Oh boy!

So I kept looking for pvp information and there are duels sure, but uhhhhhhhhh

quote:

Q: The main development agenda now is area conquest and resource war? Is there any other new contents, such as nation war?
These 2 aspects are the upcoming large scale contents which we will be releasing soon. The first would be the Resource War, which involves 128 players vs 128 players. We will auction the head quarters of various areas to guilds/factions initially. After that, the guilds without any headquarter can challenge these guilds/factions to conquer the head quarter.

quote:

Q: When will Area Conquest be released?
A: It is expected to be released at the end of August. We will also consider the connetion between this content with the upcoming Sailing content. Sailing basically involves a group of 32 players in a ship. We will make it look appealing to all players, with the standard similar to Assassin’s Creed.

quote:

We focus on the optimization of role playing content before the faction war content because we want every player to have a good impression of the game first.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Oh man I can't wait for all those lag-free 128 vs 128 fights we'll definitely have enough people for.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Role-playing content prioritized in a game that has 128 v 128 guild wars. This can only end hilariously.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Oh man sailing too? It's like archage but I want to play it!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Y'know if that's not google translate on Grithok's part the Chinese devs have a better grasp of English than the US Snail people already.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ok, the Mulan song might function as a goon theme in this game, but what about our other great theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8FXC9fODQs

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Oh man sailing too? It's like archage but I want to play it!

Except archage is more about farms from what I hear

actually, that's all I hear about it

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Haquer posted:

Fishing is also a popular alternative to farming

You should absolutely go into that thread and ask for the best Fishing tips :can:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

But in this you could theoretically sneak up on somebody and then water run across the ocean to punch them in the face!

That's pretty loving cool.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Man, this was depressing. I checked out the OP, downloaded the game, got really excited at the combat system and psyched for a decent new MMO, and then came back to read the rest of the thread. I wish I'd tried this out a year ago.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

angerbot posted:

Y'know if that's not google translate on Grithok's part the Chinese devs have a better grasp of English than the US Snail people already.

I'd wager any two fingers that there is no way google translated that.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Tolth posted:

Man, this was depressing. I checked out the OP, downloaded the game, got really excited at the combat system and psyched for a decent new MMO, and then came back to read the rest of the thread. I wish I'd tried this out a year ago.

I guess I should put a warning in the OP :shobon:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

I guess I should put a warning in the OP :shobon:

Warning: We don't play this anymore and this OP should be renamed "lovely Chinagame General"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

Warning: We don't play this anymore and this OP should be renamed "lovely Chinagame General"

I like this idea.

But more "nobody but viets play this anymore"