Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Finally have something to post about here. Every year my family goes on a big family vacation. Found out today that next year we're going to Turks and Caicos and staying here:

(taken from the site, can post more if there's interest)

It's a 6 bedroom house right on the water with an infinity pool and private beach. I'm so friggin excited.

I've always wanted to SCUBA dive and I'm going to get certified so I can go while I'm there. I wanted to try spear fishing too but apparently it's illegal there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Earlier today, I managed to gently caress up the boot sector of my work computer.

I spent several hours running around like a headless chicken and trying various things, until I finally managed to unfuck it.

So today my day was awesome because: I won't have to tell my boss "I kinda hosed up my work computer and we're going to have to get it fixed."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Made a giant pot of jambalaya for dinner and now I have five extra meals for this week :toot:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Last Monday, my wife and I decided to go on a cruise next year in September, to New Caledonia and Vanuatu. That was a pretty awesome day.

But then, today, my wife couldn't wait to give me my Christmas present, so I got it early for lunch. We're going to Las Vegas and Hawaii in May! I was extremely surprised, and she got video of me staring at the bookings in shock, trying to parse what was happening. "Wha... but these are flights... we're going on a cruise though? I already know... In May? But Septem.... Vegas?! We're going to Vegas?? And Hawaii?! WHAT! OH HOLY poo poo!"

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Back when I was 13-16 years old, I would hang out with my best friend at his house once or twice a week. He had an older sister - 3 years older - who was so hot; she was my first crush.

I met up with them today in our hometown, and got to talking to her, and she told me she has had a crush on me since then (like 17 years). We really kind of hit it off, and so now, I don't know what. But it was pretty cool.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I got to go visit the Vancouver Aquarium for the first time in 7 years.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 08:59 on Dec 22, 2014

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Ohh, ohh, I have one.

My new nephew was just born :3:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
One of our divisions sent me a Kiva gift card, so now I get to make a micro loan and hopefully help someone out. :) I've never done this before, so it's pretty cool!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My work had a taco bar catered from a local Mexican restaurant for breakfast today. I don't understand what a taco bar has to do with breakfast, let alone Christmas breakfast, but gently caress it man, free tacos!

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Claude Giroux signed my McFarlane variant to my niece :)

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
My boss gave me 3 beers, for a belated Christmas present. As in, it WAS a 4 pack. The fact that one is missing makes it better.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Not necessarily just today, but the past couple days have been awesome for a number of reasons:

- Finding out the growth on my stepdad's kidney and the small spots in his lungs are non-cancerous, benign growths. My family has been really stressing out over the holidays after hearing news that he could potentially have cancer, and there was the chance that the spots in his lungs and on his kidney were 2 different types that would need different treatments. Biopsy results on both the kidney growth and lung spots came back negative for cancer! :woop: :slick:

- In the PYF little things in games thread, I found out that GOG.com has a TON of old games that I used to play back in the 90s that all had been updated to work with newer versions of Windows. Playing Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, and Theme Park for literally the first time in over 15 years has been a blast, and I picked up all 3 games for $15 :D

My birthday was on Thursday the 8th, so these 2 things were the absolute BEST things in my mind. Stepdad still has to have surgery to remove his kidney with the growth on it, but in the meantime I'm helping both my folks with anything they need. I'm even setting up a spare laptop that I don't use much with Windows 7 so that I can get all these same games (and maybe more) loaded on it for when my stepdad's recovering. I know he'll be laid up several weeks healing and I even pointed him to GOG.com so he could check out the game catalog and see what's there, this way I can secretly purchase and download a few things for him so he doesn't get too bored. Already got him a 3 month Netflix subscription for Christmas along with a Chromecast and he loves the poo poo out of it all :)

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Met an adorable little girl at work today. She's wheelchair bound and has this amazing service dog. She's a huuuge Husky and her tail was dyed pink. :3:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got a significant raise for the second year in a row without asking, just by doing a good job. This is what it must have felt like to be a white male before the mid 1960s.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Did my yearly performance review about a month ago, today my boss tells me I have the highest score in our department and one of the highest in the entire company :buddy:

(I will probably not get a raise because my department does not directly generate revenue or profits. But when I walk this spring/summer when I live closer to more potential employers, I can at least give them a useful reason)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I got an interview for Monday, and I just found out that for a very reasonable price I can have loaded cheese fries delivered to my door.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Got to hang out with some friends at a bar today. That's always nice.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
I got the invitation letter and work permit for my Chinese visa application, everything's on track for me to be there some time next month.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
My day is awesome today because it's Friday here in Australia. It's a long weekend because of Australia Day, and next week I'm only at work for 2 days before I'm on holiday for 3 1/2 weeks while my parents visit from Canada and get to meet their first grandchild (our 3 month old daughter).

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

PotatoManJack posted:

My day is awesome today because it's Friday here in Australia. It's a long weekend because of Australia Day

Sup fellow Aussie goon! My day is awesome because I tore a tendon in my foot a couple of days ago, and so I have today off. Foot doesn't really hurt unless I bump it or walk, so I've got a 4 day weekend of just sitting on the couch dicking about on the internet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Jumping on the motherfuckin' RAISE TRAIN! :sotw:

Edit: Also, just scored third row center tickets to the "Welcome to Night Vale" live show!

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Jan 23, 2015

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

:siren: MY DAD FARTED TODAY :slick:

Backstory: Dad had to go in for kidney surgery this past Tuesday, doctors found a 7cm tumor on it that was causing him to urinate blood. He went in to get checked up again, and found small growths in his lungs, with the news of "possible cancer" for both those and the kidney. A biopsy on his lungs came back benign, they think the growths are collapsed air sacs and scar tissue from being a former smoker. His surgery was the 20th and ended up lasting about an hour and a half longer than usual, because of a lot of fatty tissue around the kidney itself. Total size of kidney, tumor, and fatty tissue? Over 6 pounds.

Over the last week, the doctors and nurses have been waiting for him post-surgery to have some kind of gastric activity, usually passing gas or going #2. He hadn't had gas since before surgery, so we were getting concerned - doctors want to make sure everything is working and was put back properly post-op. Well, overnight last night, he had a couple good, long toots come out, so the doctors moved him up to eating some liquids today :woop: with luck, tomorrow he'll get some semi-solid food like pudding or applesauce, and early next week we'll have him home :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I wish people celebrated when I farted.

Had a great workout this morning, then sat on my rear end and watched movies/Game of Thrones and played video games, then cooked delicious Thai food with my fiancee and our roommate. Pretty good Saturday in my book.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Dad gets released to go home today! He was already up to solid food yesterday & today, got his release papers all ready to go :) Now for the recovery & news on the kidney biopsy, been praying like crazy lately hoping its benign. It'll be good to have the old man back home where he belongs :)

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Got a giant bug list from one of our testers at work today. I thought it was going to take me two or three days to finish minimum, but I slammed through it in one afternoon.

I also got approved for my first real credit card. I've had a couple store cards before, but nothing major. It wasn't even something I was really worrying about, because my credit is actually pretty good. It's a silly thing to be excited about, but it seems cool to me.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Found out I am getting a financial aid refund, and finally got my W-2. I was really stressing out because they hadn't sent it yet and I was afraid I'd have to go online and get it (I bungled the set up of the account quite badly.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

An item I ordered was missing from the Amazon package I picked up from the post office yesterday.

One five-minutes phone call with customer service later, I got a full refund on that item (they couldn't replace it since it was a marketplace item), and I just ordered a new one at the same price.

Amazon customer service :iia:

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I had a 2nd interview on a nice job today, got told they had another guy in for the same position and I'd be informed about the decision on who they'd go for on monday/thuesday. Just got a call from my new boss already today and they wanted me. Nice to be the clearly superior choice, and a good raise compared to my old job.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
Went to an insane show last night, which had the most awesome crowd. Friendliest mosh pit ever. Everyone was smiling and when someone went down, there were always at least 5 people trying to protect them and help them back up.

Usually there's at least one person who gets pissed and tries to fight, instead of just getting off to the side. Guess he didn't show up.

5/5 would rage again.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I deleted my Facebook page. It was old, and all my old friends moved on, it was time to let go.

Now I no longer have to worry about companies and potential e-stalkers.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just got a $1,000 cheque (check for Americans) in the mail that I did not expect at all. Apparently strata management overcharged us for pipe replacement last March, but do they say anything? Nope, they just send a cheque with "Special levy refund" in the comment area.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
It's my birthday, and my chronic pain is low enough I got to go out to eat :toot:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Today is a drink beer and Dark Souls kinda day. Tomorrow is discount chocolate day! :boom:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I got called in to work after not having any hours for the past two weeks, and came home to delicious food.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
After three months of unemployment I just got a job I've been chasing for almost a month.

And someone bestowed this lovely new avatar upon me!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I just realized that I'm a responsible adult who is respected. And there is even someone who looks up to me as an example.

It's an awesome feeling.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I tried on a $1600 coat, a $10k watch, and sat in a Tesla. Awesome car, by the way.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
The car problem I thought I had was easily fixed and--fingers crossed--it won't give me too much trouble when I head out for my meeting soon.

I received a job offer that's $30k over my current position and full-time, whereas right now I'm a contractor. I may actually be able to start paying on my student loans soon!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It was my birthday a few days ago. I had key lime pie with the family. Now all I have to do is survive the rest of the semester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
12% Raise 9.5% Bonus (which factors in the raise!) and I get to babysit my neighbor's German Shepard puppy for a few days. It's going to be a great weekend.