Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CJacobs posted:

Finally I'll have a reason to go back to it
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's okay, he won't stay long.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Azran posted:

Wasn't there also Enemy Front, the one by the studio that made Alien Rage?
Oh hey, I forgot about that one and apparently it's pretty decent. I'll have to grab it as soon as it hits a sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtFDxrGUKk

Also I guess we did get a new Wolfenstein.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There was also Sniper Elite 3 a couple of months ago.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
I'm not sure if this has been posted here but GungHo (Grasshopper Manufacture, Game Arts, Acquire) are planning to release their stuff on PC. They're testing the waters with Dokuro on greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323668796
Be sure to vote on it, it's a really fun game and maybe we'll get Black Knight Sword or No More Heroes next if Dokuro gets through. Kinda weird that they are starting with their least known game but maybe it was the cheapest to port?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Terminally Bored posted:

Kinda weird that they are starting with their least known game but maybe it was the cheapest to port?

Eh, to be honest, they already had this one ported to Android and, from there, it isn't too hard to bring to PC. It's even possible it's just running on an Android emulator like the Final Fantasy 3 and 4 ports. Still voted for it.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Terminally Bored posted:

I'm not sure if this has been posted here but GungHo (Grasshopper Manufacture, Game Arts, Acquire) are planning to release their stuff on PC. They're testing the waters with Dokuro on greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323668796
Be sure to vote on it, it's a really fun game and maybe we'll get Black Knight Sword or No More Heroes next if Dokuro gets through. Kinda weird that they are starting with their least known game but maybe it was the cheapest to port?

I'm really stoked that Japanese pubs are starting to see the PC as a viable platform.

Palpek posted:

Also I guess we did get a new Wolfenstein.

Wolf without occult stuff is like a game without inverted mouselook :colbert:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
Just finished the first AssCreed, which was okay-ish and also quite tedious at times.

Just wondered, before I put it in the "completed" category: is there any point at all to go back and mop up a bit? Not thinking OCD flag hunting, but the ending (Desmond finding out he can use eagle view and sees markings on the floor, then there is nothing else to do but go to your room and there he sees more markings and a large symbol over his bed and then the credits roll) gave me the impression that I should maybe go back and do more stuff to get a better ending, maybe more missions and/or interrogations and whatnot?

vGotcha.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 28, 2014

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Nope that's it. Just go on to the far superior sequel.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Please do not get my hopes up for a PC port of No More Heroes.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Wolf without occult stuff is like a game without inverted mouselook :colbert:

You're an inhuman freak.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Please do not get my hopes up for a PC port of No More Heroes.

Me too. :( :hf: :(

Heres hoping that Killer is Dead sells enough to convince Sudo 51 to port over a bunch of their titles.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Valkyria Chronicles is fantastic and I'm glad it's coming to Steam. The gameplay actually seems like something that would be more popular with PC gamers than console gamers.

The story not so much though. Literally Anime WW2 where nuclear bombs are replaced by magical girls

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Who even owns No More Heroes 1 & 2? According to wiki, there were a lot of different publishers for every region.

Lollipop Chainsaw is WB Games and Shadows of the Damned is EA, so it is not up for Suda do decide what games to port.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
drat, youre so right. Thats a messy situation right there.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Downs Duck posted:

Just finished the first AssCreed, which was okay-ish and also quite tedious at times.

Just wondered, before I put it in the "completed" category: is there any point at all to go back and mop up a bit? Not thinking OCD flag hunting, but the ending (Desmond finding out he can use eagle view and sees markings on the floor, then there is nothing else to do but go to your room and there he sees more markings and a large symbol over his bed and then the credits roll) gave me the impression that I should maybe go back and do more stuff to get a better ending, maybe more missions and/or interrogations and whatnot?

vGotcha.

Yeah thats it, personally I would play 2 and then Brotherhood, skip Revelations and 3 and then move on Black Flag if you're not entire of the AC style of doing things yet (I was to be honest by the end of Brotherhood).

Also, I guess watch the end of 3 on youtube if you want to see the Desmond story wrapped up.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No joke, I wonder if you could map all the most relevant commands on a Dualshock 4 using the shoulder buttons as modifiers. That seems like it might be feasible.

I tried that for a while when I did for my replay. Granted, what you can do will depend on what kind of drivers you're using, but it worked surprisingly well: setting various macros such as L2+DPad to send the “cycle lasers/shields/whatever” key strokes. I ended up using joystick+kb, though, because the analogue sticks on my DS3 were a bit too fidgety to allow the precision needed for some weapons (lock-on missiles most notably) and because I had a hard time giving distinct axis input (rolling when I wanted adjust throttle and vice versa). The latter is perhaps more on me and my meat hands, though.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Totally disagree, there is no more trodden ground than WWII and I would be happy to never see another game set in between 1930 and 1950
A '50-'70s cold-war, slow and methodical stale-beer type spy game would own. So there. :colbert:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 28, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Ardennes posted:

Yeah thats it, personally I would play 2 and then Brotherhood, skip Revelations and 3 and then move on Black Flag if you're not entire of the AC style of doing things yet (I was to be honest by the end of Brotherhood).

Also, I guess watch the end of 3 on youtube if you want to see the Desmond story wrapped up.

Yeah, I'll check out 2 at least and see where I go from there. Also, Enhanced Steam is telling me that AssCreed 2 has contracted the Uplague now? I thought both 1 and 2 were exempt from that, did they add it recently for AssCreed 2?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Downs Duck posted:

Yeah, I'll check out 2 at least and see where I go from there. Also, Enhanced Steam is telling me that AssCreed 2 has contracted the Uplague now? I thought both 1 and 2 were exempt from that, did they add it recently for AssCreed 2?

2 has had that for years, not sure if it was there from the beginning.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

2 has had that for years, not sure if it was there from the beginning.

2 started with the horrible online only version of uplay that would close your game and not save if your connection dropped.

It's now got the mostly benign but somewhat buggy modern implementation.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:woop: :woop: I'm excited for a game that was released in 1994 :woop: :woop:

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Has anyone played Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect? And how is it?

I played martian memorandum back in the day, and picked up the new one on a whim. I've got to say that moving from 2d to 3d did not improve the gameplay or ambience at all. I'm on day 3 and I'm wondering if the story picks up, because I'm getting tired of wandering around in poorly rendered ghost towns.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

HardDisk posted:

:woop: :woop: I'm excited for a game that was released in 1994 :woop: :woop:

Alpha One, mission critical, craft under attack!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I recommend playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations if only because Ezio Auditore is dreamy. :allears:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
FYI: GOG just flipped the switch. Here is Sam & Max: Hit the Road. Tie Fighter is this way, X-Wing is that way and Secret of Monkey Island is the Special Edition.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

The Grimace posted:

I recommend playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations if only because Ezio Auditore is dreamy. :allears:
Best AssCreed protagonist. They should have scrapped the whole metaplot and made the whole series about just him.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Street Horrrsing posted:

I played martian memorandum back in the day, and picked up the new one on a whim. I've got to say that moving from 2d to 3d did not improve the gameplay or ambience at all. I'm on day 3 and I'm wondering if the story picks up, because I'm getting tired of wandering around in poorly rendered ghost towns.

It's an FMV puzzle game with decade-old graphics and BS stealth sections. The story is what it is and if it hasn't grabbed you within, say, half an hour, it probably won't for the rest of the game. It's a fun nostalgia throwback in service of the long-term fans of the series, nothing more.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Thanks to whoever gifted me Hack n Slash. Steam just popped up with a blank window so I don't know who it was, but I do appreciate it :)

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Danith posted:

Thanks to whoever gifted me Hack n Slash. Steam just popped up with a blank window so I don't know who it was, but I do appreciate it :)

You want to thank Double Fine. Its for owning spacebase. http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/spacebase_df9_1.0_released/

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Danith posted:

Do you own that spacebase game of theirs? Seems anyone who owns either gets the other for free. Hack n Slash is a neat game, but very rough around the edges.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

The Grimace posted:

Seriously. I can't imagine skipping Revelations, it adds the least in terms of Gameplay but it wraps up the story of the only AC protagonist that ever mattered.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

People hate Revelations because they paid $60 each for AC 2, AC: B, and AC: R in the span of a year and a half. You just can't play that much assassin's creed in that amount of time.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Seems anyone who owns either gets the other for free.

It's like saying 'sorry' with flung poo poo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Street Horrrsing posted:

People hate Revelations because they paid $60 each for AC 2, AC: B, and AC: R in the span of a year and a half. You just can't play that much assassin's creed in that amount of time.

I played all through 2 and Bro, watched the cutscenes for Rev, and read the Wikipedia page for 3 before playing 4, and I feel like that was a satisfactory progression.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Broken Cog posted:

Do you own that spacebase game of theirs? Seems anyone who owns either gets the other for free. Hack n Slash is a neat game, but very rough around the edges.

I really want to try that one, but want to wait until it gets polished/finished, which means I'll probably wait forever.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Yeah they went a bit overboard that year. I played all the major AssCreeds (ie. not Liberation etc.) and I had to take a break before I finished Revelations only month or so ago.

Fun fact: ACIV's Edward is playing the role of Constantine in the new series that started airing recently.

fake edit: I swear he looks like Jim Carrey's long lost brother in the photo here :psyduck:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

lordfrikk posted:

fake edit: I swear he looks like Jim Carrey's long lost brother in the photo here :psyduck:
I'm not seeing the resemblance. Hot, though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Alpha One, mission critical, craft under attack!

dat those soundbyte :allears:

Seriously, how lovely is the state of the industry when a rerelease of 20-year old game is what got me actually excited for a long time. Sure, there's a lot of nostalgia in the mix there, but still.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Street Horrrsing posted:

You kind of skipped over the 3 games Tesla Effect is actually following, those being Under a Killing Moon, Pandora Directive, and Overseer, which are all done in that style. Martian Memorandum is kind of a mostly forgotten relic at this point.

In any case, you basically play a Tex Murphy game these days for enjoyable dumb quips, dialogue, and live-action cutscenes because it is, for better or worse, exactly like an FMV adventure game from the 1990's. If the puzzles grab you at all that's a bonus. I do like having to look behind bookshelves and stuff instead of all the important things just hanging out in the open and sparkling but in your case you might just want to find a strategy guide and breeze through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Crusader: No Remorse free on Origin.

• Locked thread