Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Jimlad posted:

These are great but there's something about them that's making me feel uneasy. Are they straight?

I'm unsure about this one I took over the weekend. I'm undecided whether it's more "pretty colours" or "someone puked over the camera". I haven't tried to do faux-HDR, honest, it's just how it came out when I brightened it.

This green/red contrast is my favorite thing about fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Making chairs look sexy

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Yea, he makes it seem so laid-back

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Without ever coming across as conseated

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

just doing my part, i like the composition in this one ^^^^

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

U.S. Bancorp Tower by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

Muelle en Villarrica by Mijaeus, on Flickr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

I'm enjoying the 6x6

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I'm enjoying this

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

deaders posted:

I'm enjoying the 6x6

Excellent.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
IMG_0837.jpg by jarredsutherland, on Flickr

Canada eh

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 28, 2014

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Club 21 by TomOlson, on Flickr

On Break by TomOlson, on Flickr

Pile by TomOlson, on Flickr

Overpasses by TomOlson, on Flickr

Dog Park by TomOlson, on Flickr

Under Construction by TomOlson, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Forest by TomOlson, on Flickr

Other Falls by TomOlson, on Flickr

Multnomah Close by TomOlson, on Flickr

Forest Pt. 2 by TomOlson, on Flickr

That 70s Shirt
Dec 6, 2006

What do you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna save the fuckin' day!

Jimlad posted:

I'm unsure about this one I took over the weekend. I'm undecided whether it's more "pretty colours" or "someone puked over the camera". I haven't tried to do faux-HDR, honest, it's just how it came out when I brightened it. That's not to say I can't tone it down though, but it feels like it would be a waste somehow.

I don't know, I like it. There may be some muddying of colors where the leaves blend together (like in the lower left), but it hardly looks like puke.

deaders posted:

I'm enjoying the 6x6

Other people have already said it, but this kicks rear end. People who claim that landscape photos can't be composed for a square frame take note.

This also is quite good. I wish my part of California got real weather like this occasionally.

One from yesterday:

That 70s Shirt fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 30, 2015

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Are they like upmarket donghas?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Sludge Tank posted:

Are they like upmarket donghas?

It looks like the start of an estate at the very north of Perth that's built completely on sand dunes. Lots of small expensive houses on small expensive blocks of land, miles from anywhere.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
That was all very new to me a few years ago I was driving from Melbourne to Adelaide and went out through Bacchus Marsh and all that poo poo-holey area. It's like nothing I'd imagined, lego land housing estates as far as the eye could see, surrounded by whole new estates being built by the dozen, and then all of a sudden just nothing. Strangest landcape.

What's even stranger is those "display villages"

poo poo gives me the creeps.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Loving this one.

Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005

I like it but it feels like the composition could have benefited from a shorter focal length or maybe a few steps back; I find my eye's drawn to the edges and the detail there seems a bit constrained.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Thanks everyone. Spedman is correct except it is at the very southern edge of Perth. 12 months ago this area was covered by market gardens, now there are 1000s of lovely little houses that all look like this.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Sludge Tank posted:

That was all very new to me a few years ago I was driving from Melbourne to Adelaide and went out through Bacchus Marsh and all that poo poo-holey area. It's like nothing I'd imagined, lego land housing estates as far as the eye could see, surrounded by whole new estates being built by the dozen, and then all of a sudden just nothing. Strangest landcape.

What's even stranger is those "display villages"

poo poo gives me the creeps.

Totally creepy.

The first few years of my life were spent in one of those brand new areas in the early/mid 80's, now that same place that used to be at the northern edges of Perth is now almost a halfway point between the new edge and the city.

To give people an idea of the urban sprawl of Perth, it's roughly half the area of LA county, with a fifth of the population.

A huge majority of Perth live in places that look, or used to look like that photo.

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
finance by PC-P, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Spedman posted:

Totally creepy.

The first few years of my life were spent in one of those brand new areas in the early/mid 80's, now that same place that used to be at the northern edges of Perth is now almost a halfway point between the new edge and the city.

To give people an idea of the urban sprawl of Perth, it's roughly half the area of LA county, with a fifth of the population.

A huge majority of Perth live in places that look, or used to look like that photo.

Narre-Warren was a country town in the 80's (90's?)

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Spedman posted:

Totally creepy.

It's cool that you get that from the photo, it is exactly what I had in mind when I took it.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Butano by wallofinsanity, on Flickr

Butano by wallofinsanity, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bukit Merah by alkanphel, on Flickr

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hector Lake by Geographic Ecotourist, on Flickr

Icefields Parkway by Geographic Ecotourist, on Flickr

Flying by Geographic Ecotourist, on Flickr

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Jimlad posted:

I like it but it feels like the composition could have benefited from a shorter focal length or maybe a few steps back; I find my eye's drawn to the edges and the detail there seems a bit constrained.

Sadly with this shot I was at the the maximum of both of these suggestions. The lens was at the widest and in the cave I was backed up against the wall. I do see what you mean though, I wish I would have had some more room.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Too many expositions, I can't care about making the sky blend well anymore...

Treck to Los Cuernos by Hernando Rosa, on Flickr

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .
street corner by ian.mrozewski

pool by ian.mrozewski

double orange by ian.mrozewski

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Fog exists tonight

DSC_4274.jpg by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

DSC_4284.jpg by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

DSC_4286.jpg by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

That 70s Shirt
Dec 6, 2006

What do you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna save the fuckin' day!

Fart Amplifier posted:

Fog exists tonight

Fog is awesome and I'm counting on it being there when I go to Point Reyes this weekend.

That 70s Shirt fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 30, 2015

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I love these two. I'm a sucker for 50/50 compositions.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I love landscape photos, and I love taking landscape photos, so I don't know why I've never posted here before other than because I hoard all my photos to myself and never share them with anyone. You guys have taken some absolutely lovely ones.

I took these couple on a trip to Point Pelee recently, and other than some iffy framing, liked how they turned out. I played around with cropping to get the framing right, I'm pretty happy with how the lily pads came out, but I'm not sure what works best for the boardwalk.

original, I like how this one leads the eye, but unfortunately I cut off the righthand edge of the boardwalk trying to get the bugs to catch the sunlight just so.

This one centers the path start, but I feel it weights the image all wrong.

This one sort of splits the difference, locking the left corner of the path, but it still cuts off the right side a bit.
I'm still leaning towards the original

Hjalti
Feb 23, 2006
I went to look at this plane.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Untitled by mr_student, on Flickr

Untitled by mr_student, on Flickr