Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

As good as the mouse destruction was, Liam opening a door and running away with his back to it was my highlight.

"It's how I open my front door!"

"YOU OPEN YOUR FRONT DOOR AND SPRINT BACK TO THE STREET?!"

That was some golden shitstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
In 30 mins...

THINGS ARE GONNA GET CREEPY

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
:choco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU2AIxkxiwg

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

TheRealestMatt posted:

In 30 mins...

THINGS ARE GONNA GET CREEPY

You weren't kidding. That's one hell of a thumbnail.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Whoa, man, we're just trying to have fun and laugh at some dumb anime games, not invoke the ire of Angra Mainyu

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Michigan Report From Hell owns. I laughed way too hard at Matt's reaction to Pamela the reporter talking about how much of a scoop it would be if she tripped over a random board laying around in a parking lot. "Why would that be a scoop?! Oh, this just in: Reporter Eats poo poo Super Hard!"

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Charles Martel posted:

Michigan Report From Hell owns. I laughed way too hard at Matt's reaction to Pamela the reporter talking about how much of a scoop it would be if she tripped over a random board laying around in a parking lot. "Why would that be a scoop?! Oh, this just in: Reporter Eats poo poo Super Hard!"

Glad you enjoyed it! The game is a little dry though, you spend so much time waiting for dialog to happen or events to trigger.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So like, do they just give you a new reporter every time you get one killed, or is there a point where you run out of women to get eaten?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rhonne posted:

So like, do they just give you a new reporter every time you get one killed, or is there a point where you run out of women to get eaten?

Yup. Outside of tutorial reporter who always gets killed, you got 6 more to burn through. We saw 3 in the video(the lady on the pool table is also one), there's one who has her own unique level, and the last one is actually a dude that you only get for the last level if you got everyone else killed.

A reporter dying actually makes you skip a bunch of levels though, so you don't "run out" or game over from them dying. It's weird and obtuse and annoying, compounded by the fact that the game only allows you 1 save slot, which makes seeing different combinations of people/levels hard to do. On the plus side, this(massive spoilers in the second half):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOX5BXMvDYo

Also apparently the game was localized by the Italian mob and Suda51 never even knew it got brought over till 4 years later in 2008?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So Pat's just loving dead by the end of one-shot week, right? Like the last podcast was just a soundalike hired by Matt to cover after Pat's loving myocardial infarction.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

Also apparently the game was localized by the Italian mob and Suda51 never even knew it got brought over till 4 years later in 2008?

Yea sounds right.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
It's a shame Michigan's voice acting is so terrible; I don't think I've seen a game do a POV camera perspective so well, and that's including Fatal Frame and Outlast.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPJLoxQR41s

Remember kids, it's not canon that Liam is scared of big giant booties.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
WHAT THE gently caress IS NIGHT SLASHERS X THIS IS AWESOME HOLY poo poo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Blockhouse posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS NIGHT SLASHERS X THIS IS AWESOME HOLY poo poo

Night slashes X is one of those games that are in the tier of Ninja Baseball Batmans of videogames, whoever failed to promote and publish those games is a goddamned criminal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No like I mean I know Night Slashers. I love Night Slashers. I play that poo poo every October, but I've never heard of this (fangame? hack? WHAT IS THIS?)

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

We say in the video exactly what it is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

We say in the video exactly what it is.

Oh, okay. I had no idea what Beats of Rage is so I was confused!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I will give one piece of criticism about the one offs in shitstorm 3, Even though they've been fantastic so far, I feel like the one-offs should've been edited from at least a couple hours of gameplay, because the fact that you guys record the first 30-40 minutes of the game means we only get the build-up to the game rather than the scares themselves.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Al-Saqr posted:

I will give one piece of criticism about the one offs in shitstorm 3, Even though they've been fantastic so far, I feel like the one-offs should've been edited from at least a couple hours of gameplay, because the fact that you guys record the first 30-40 minutes of the game means we only get the build-up to the game rather than the scares themselves.

I kind of like it. Horror games are usually super hit-and-miss and seeing the LP by guys who are into the same horror I'm into helps me decide if I want it for myself or not. I've already downloaded Phobia because I want to see what happens next and my girlfriend wants to get Among the Sleep for the same reasons.

Same with Guacamelee - I abandoned watching the LP (sorry Liam and Woolie) because it seemed like something that is much better played for yourself than watched.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey Matt, when are you guys gonna play Lifeline? :v:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Who here is hyped for tomorrow's Super Best Bayocast?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

Sorry, too busy actually playing Bayonetta 2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Solaris Knight posted:

I'm playing Bayonetta 2 too much to actually hear them talk about it.

Dexie posted:

Hey Matt, when are you guys gonna play Lifeline? :v:

No for real though, when are you gonna play lifeline?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

Since Pat had to go to Japan, we had way less time than usual to record everything.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Put pat in house arrest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pat's daily life is house arrest.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Is it really an arrest if it's self imposed?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Put pat in house arrest.

How would he know?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm just so happy Matt finally found a game that lets him say 'give me back my son' without it being random.

Also glad they seem to dig The Forest, I got it on sale the other day and I haven't played it yet but I've heard good things.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 28, 2014

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Solaris Knight posted:

Not me, cause i'm in the Pat boat (it's a very small boat) in that I have to wait till next week to pick it up. It's almost as if they'll specifically be like "KEN! THIS THING YOU WANT IS SOOOO GOOD AND YOU CANT PLAY IT YET! HAW HAW!" Little SOBs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm not really a fan of Bayonetta so I'm not necessarily looking forward to it but it is fun to hear the guys nerd out about it regardless.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

CJacobs posted:

I'm not really a fan of Bayonetta so I'm not necessarily looking forward to it but it is fun to hear the guys nerd out about it regardless.

Why don't you like good games?~ :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo can we not give someone the third degree because they don't like a game you do and instead talk about all of the cool things Pat is probably seeing in Japan and not touching because he can't figure out the train systems?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Instead of talking about how we should be talking about it, we could have just talked about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pat is never going to play Gunslinger Stratos and will forever be stuck in Odaiba.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wonder if he'll be able to drop his "shield" of insecurity and truly appreciate the sights of Japan. You know what I mean?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I wonder if he'll be able to drop his "shield" of insecurity and truly appreciate the sights of Japan. You know what I mean?

I hope he grabs this opportunity with both fists and has a perfect time there, even if he might crack under the pressure of being in a foreign country.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A new cast has been podded, with Pat calling in: Ep. 64: The Big Booty Swat Kat Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W53ma8hHIdw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The audio quality (aside from Pat) is really bad in this episode.