Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sextro posted:

Can use the sealing (if rocking with a chamber sealer) to do a sort of quick pickling. Many dishes can use sous vide's precise temp control in combination with the quick pickling to do some neat things even within a 2 hour window. Poultry, fish and pork can all be done in less than 2 hours and don't necessarily benefit from the ultra-long cooks that you usually see associated with sous vide.

I really doubt we'll see one used within the current competitions we're watching, but there's plenty of valid reasons one could have been used. Moreso if our cast weren't all Anime-Perfection-Chef's that can absolutely perfectly cook everything with every heating method as if they were human PID controllers.

I could see Souma using it if Alice taught him to (or Alice using it if she wasn't already out of the competition)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
By the way, I mentioned sous vide since I was watching this video after I read the recent chapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJQQPKLMwAg

No need for fancy equipment at least for this recipe!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Update.

Basically another chapter which needs

*This is a cooking manga

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fabricated posted:

Update.

Basically another chapter which needs

*This is a cooking manga

TRAPU CAAAARDO

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Okay so Hayama is basically Lelouch now?

Anyways 0/10 chapter, Doujima didn't cosplay.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

BlitzBlast posted:

Okay so Hayama is basically Lelouch now?

Missed opportunity to put Doujima in a skimpy duck costume, I'm also disappointed.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

BlitzBlast posted:

Counterargument: duckbutt

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So do you think Hayama will still confess his love for his teacher after losing to Kurokiba?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hah, they're "Shokugeki no Card" cards. :v:

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Are you loving kidding me?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Kurokiba is literally going to kill someone.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Dang, Kurokiba really is

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Nahxela posted:

Dang, Kurokiba really is

If he doesn't give himself an aneurysm first.

Also: "Plums? Do you mean Japanese plums!?!?!"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Holy poo poo, Kurokiba, calm down.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We had Japanese exchange students constantly in my high school since my city had a sister city in Japan; someone's mother made bunch of Japanese pickled plums and brought them in one day and it was the grossest thing I had ever eaten in my life.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
drat, this is the one thing I didn't think of. Crazy.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Damnit, I was expecting "YOU HAVE SPRUNG MY TRAP CARD!" moment, and instead they give us this three-way battle royale. Also, no mass reaction cosplay makes this chapter even more lackluster. Still good fun though.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kurokiba's rage faces are pretty great though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
This series is getting picked up in the US imprint of Weekly Shonen Jump, by the way. Yes, it is still called "Food Wars" for some loving reason.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

This series is getting picked up in the US imprint of Weekly Shonen Jump, by the way. Yes, it is still called "Food Wars" for some loving reason.

To be fair, however dumb it may be "Food Wars" still tells us a lot more about the series than "Shokugeki no Souma".

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Don't tell me somebody dramatically declaring "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FOOD WAR" wouldn't be perfect for this manga.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I find it a bit odd that they'd delay Souma getting to face off with Hayama further, but a three-way sounds rad regardless so whatever let's roll with it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

A lot of the time, the English name is dictated by the Japanese creator or publisher. This is how we got Rumbling Hearts, for example.

Plus, I have zero problems with the name Food Wars because it actually describes what is going on.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vibratingsheep posted:

A lot of the time, the English name is dictated by the Japanese creator or publisher. This is how we got Rumbling Hearts, for example.

Plus, I have zero problems with the name Food Wars because it actually describes what is going on.

Food Wars sounds like what Toriko is.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I agree. They should translate the title as Showcase Showdown.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Just call it "Anime Top Chef" (not endorsed by the Food Network)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

The Evil Thing posted:

To be fair, however dumb it may be "Food Wars" still tells us a lot more about the series than "Shokugeki no Souma".

Shokugeki no Soma translates loosely to something like "The Spirit of Cooking" though.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I think we all know that the appropriate English title is "Culinary Climax Clash" :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

I think we all know that the appropriate English title is "Culinary Climax Clash" :colbert:

Titles catchier than "Food Wars"
"Kitchen Combat"
"Culinary Clash"
"Chef's Challenge"

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Kitchen Challenges

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fighting Foodons

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
"Food Wars" seems like they wanted to call it "Food Fight" but wussed out.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
To be fair, Food Fight is also the name of the awful CGI movie with Charlie Sheen as dog!Indiana Jones.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The Half-Naked Chefs

KoB
May 1, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Food Wars sounds like what Toriko is.

Toriko is Muscle Harem, thank you very much.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The big rumor is that Soma is getting an anime announced in the next issue, as well. The scanner had said they thought one was coming it because there's a big center color and cover in next issue and ANN reported it because some distributors marked an anime for pre-order or something before taking it down.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

The big rumor is that Soma is getting an anime announced in the next issue, as well. The scanner had said they thought one was coming it because there's a big center color and cover in next issue and ANN reported it because some distributors marked an anime for pre-order or something before taking it down.

There was a tweet from a bookstore that has since been deleted, as well.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

My interest is going to be tempered until I figure out what studio is handling the project. If its like Toei or DEEN or Pierrot, its going to be awful.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm kind of worried about that. Too many anime get started too early in a manga's lifecycle and then end and never get another one.

On the other hand, this seems like it'd be a funny anime to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kind of worried about that. Too many anime get started too early in a manga's lifecycle and then end and never get another one.

On the other hand, this seems like it'd be a funny anime to watch.

I don't think its a problem since there's about 90 chapters out. Assuming its a two-cour, it would probably be ~12 episodes covering the intro through the Resort and Summer Vacation arcs, and then 12 episodes covering the election. They could do less to justify more seasons, but I don't think they'd cut off the Election tournament right in the middle.