Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ignimbrite posted:

Everyone who desperately needed UATs got them when they became a guaranteed drop last patch.

But did they get them for their five alt jobs now that soldiery rains from the sky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Zereth posted:

Those look fantastic, what are they?
Looks like the Bohemian's Gloves (the XIII event male gloves).

Another option would be to go "gloveless" and glamour on some generic wristguards since they basically disappear under the jacket's cuffs.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I don't think I've ever seen an MMO where people get upset at fight mechanics being explained until today

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

nuru posted:

You only need CE for one platform because having CE is just a flag on your account as a whole. All systems use the same account.

Speaking of licenses in multiple platforms, I'm really curious as to how they're going to handle the expansion. Because it doesn't really seem feasible to require it per platform for one service account since they'd then have to juggle a lot of edge cases on what content your character could have access to.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I ran around in some magitek armor today!

and this is what i wear to storm fortresses!

baram. fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 28, 2014

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How is it that not even one person has posted what the bridal outfits look like?

Suits are cool but I want my anime catgirl to be a pretty princess.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

How is it that not even one person has posted what the bridal outfits look like?

The actual bridal outfit isn't in yet. All you can buy are either a unisex "Best Man" suit or a fairly meh bridesmaid dress (appropriate when you think about it).

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nill posted:

Looks like the Bohemian's Gloves (the XIII event male gloves).
poo poo.

Guess I'll look up prices on Coronal Wristbands on my server.

cheetah7071 posted:

Because the Best Man suit is way better than the Bridesmaid's dress. Maybe the actual wedding dress will look better, who knows.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Zereth posted:

I suspect ranged DPS have shorter queues, and tanks like MRD (and healers) would have instant queues.

Looks like I picked the right time to start levelling a Gladiator.

Also I got four atma so far today, but I don't know if that's cos of the boost to the drop rate being really significant or if I just got lucky. Felt good though.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Had a tank in Sastasha HM that was silent for almost the entire dungeon. Then he loses threat a couple of times during one of the brine room pulls, and says this:

Hey guy, maybe you shouldn't multitask in that situation.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Maybe I'll resub and start on Rogue tonight anyway, despite the queues. Only other combat class I have left is 38 PLD, and that is boring :v:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

If you're cross-classing abilities onto your Rogue, can someone try out Raging Strikes and Straight Shot to see if it's an overall better damage increase over say B4B and IR? I was wondering if the Archer abilities might have more benefits alongside Rogue at the low level until you get the job crystal.

Also might make Frontlines kinda funny if you can sort of do what Warriors do and just take off the job crystal and cross class a buncha wacky poo poo

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 28, 2014

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I don't think I've ever seen an MMO where people get upset at fight mechanics being explained until today

i just did snowcloak for the first time, everyone went in blind, and i had more fun than i've had in a whiiile. people aren't jaded, they're excited to be doing something new, and there isn't a comprehensive suite of youtube videos so that you don't have to think or even talk to anyone

i can sympathize with a collective desire to not waste other people's time. if you don't know the mechanics and you're wiping the encounter because you want to go in FRESH then that's lovely of you

but there's something really cool about coming together with your pals or strangers, figuring out a fight through observation and experimentation, and then beating it together. and it's moments like that that lets square keep my sub, not the endless through the motions grinding

i mean that's the worst thing about end games, imo. so why hurry after it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was among the first wave in snowcloak at way-too-late-o'clock and I just had a huge grin on my face the entire time seeing the mechanics without spoilers. The party was pretty chatty too, and I could tell they were all having a ball.

We never really did figure out how to not get destroyed by the final boss (silence it maybe?) but we all had enough hp to just brute force it so whatever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Klades posted:

Had a tank in Sastasha HM that was silent for almost the entire dungeon. Then he loses threat a couple of times during one of the brine room pulls, and says this:

Hey guy, maybe you shouldn't multitask in that situation.

FF14 Presents: Jerk City

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Sounds more like he had to go afk and someone got ahold of his/her keyboard.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

cheetah7071 posted:

I was among the first wave in snowcloak at way-too-late-o'clock and I just had a huge grin on my face the entire time seeing the mechanics without spoilers. The party was pretty chatty too, and I could tell they were all having a ball.

We never really did figure out how to not get destroyed by the final boss (silence it maybe?) but we all had enough hp to just brute force it so whatever.

i died to it right out the gate so i had the pleasure of watching a few more minutes of the fight while i waited for the rest of the party to wipe. it becomes clear once you take a second and look at what's going on, but that's hard to do in the middle of a new fight, especially if you have a tough job

what was surprising to me is how much work it was convincing the rest of the party

dps just gets no respect

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rei_ posted:

Also might make Frontlines kinda funny if you can sort of do what Warriors do and just take off the job crystal and cross class a buncha wacky poo poo

That's definitely going to be the case with rogue.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

bonzibuddy64 posted:

The factor here that makes me not want mechanics explained is that it's patch day. In Sastasha Hard, I told everyone I'd leave as the tank if anything was explained. Qarn Hard I got grouped with 3 fresh people and we had a grand ol' time wiping and learning. Best dungeon of the patch for me: love the boss mechanics as well as the regular monsters throwing some curveballs. Snowcloak was fun as well - made a Party Finder for that one stating "new only".

I think it's only because it's patch day that some of us don't want any of it explained. A week from now I'd research myself or gladly hear explanations.

Demonicpoodle fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 28, 2014

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

That's definitely going to be the case with rogue.

Especially with Hawk's Eye being a thing, I'd imagine.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Well worth the 2 pure white dyes.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So as a ROG what is the recommended cross-class stuff?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

cheetah7071 posted:

Two of the ice shards attack you and disappear, but the third stays. Hide behind it in the style of King Behemoth / Amon.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Demonicpoodle posted:

In Sastasha Hard, I told everyone I'd leave as the tank if anything was explained.

Jesus Christ.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kuai posted:

I an eagerly looking forward to all the Pitbull glamours.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Jesus Christ.

Yep! They were all cool with it since they were all new though. Everything worked out smoothly. :shobon:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kuai posted:

That looks great. Glad I have like 12 pure white so I can impulse dye it.

Add a white forager hat and some silver gloves and I'll be ready to moonwalk over some chumps.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ohgod, patching. 20 minutes to power-leveling my tank.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Get poo poo on, T11 down by Lucrezia.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

My Monk is 48. I really hope I can get it to 50 tonight and just be done with it before the higher level queues get really bad.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So in Japan the Final Coil gearset is "Bahamut" instead of "Dreadwyrm"?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Sweet jesus, the rogue fate train I just saw near Costa Del Sol was like a pack of stabby locusts. Nothing survived.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

Turn 11 down, another UAD. Time to save poetics for three weeks. Had it at sub 5% multiple times hours before the kill but, playing with the third world internet is a struggle.

Turn 12 boss is loving baller, yo.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Also voice-acted cutscenes!!!!!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Atmas are poppin like crazy now

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

This new tux looks so good!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Chyea posted:

Turn 11 down, another UAD. Time to save poetics for three weeks. Had it at sub 5% multiple times hours before the kill but, playing with the third world internet is a struggle.

is final coil a lot easier then second coil or have you guys been doing this nonstop since the servers went up?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kuvo posted:

is final coil a lot easier then second coil or have you guys been doing this nonstop since the servers went up?

A friendly reminder for world-first spectator people: any content designed to be cleared by normal raiders on a tight schedule will be absolutely demolished by the best raid teams in the world. I'm interested to see how long the final two turns last, but it's a good sign for the average player that Final Coil is tuned with reasonable expectations of players, rather than the near-perfect play of top guilds.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chyea posted:

How hard are T10 and T11 compared to T9?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Started a character and went Gladiator and got to level 15 and jesus christ Gladiator is the most boring class to level ever. I want to make a Lancer but the server is always locked for char creation. Can I take my gladiator to the starting area for Lancers and start leveling there or am I stuck with the gladiator chain of main quests? Is that even how it works, like each Class has its own story missions or are the story missions divided by city?

I know switching to Lancer is as easy as switching the weapon but I dont want to mess up any quest chains or be under leveled for where I currently am. Sorry if these are dumb questions, just dont have any experience in the FF MMOs.

FlyingCowOfDoom fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 28, 2014

• Locked thread