Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Please be nice, this is nothing compared to me spending half an hour in google spreadsheets doing math to helpfully inform everyone why a slightly slower ADS time on sniper rifles is a bigger nerf than it appears. :eng101:

Javes posted:

I have both consoles and I'm getting the game on the Xbone, please tell me how dumb I am.

You're dumb!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Knifegrab posted:

And even in spite of his insufferable posting he's still a better poster than you.

Some have even called me a garbage poster, and they were right.

e: in case you missed the joke, I don't even own a console because I'm not a moran :smugdog:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

versus posted:

Please be nice, this is nothing compared to me spending half an hour in google spreadsheets doing math to helpfully inform everyone why a slightly slower ADS time on sniper rifles is a bigger nerf than it appears. :eng101:

You're dumb!!!!

Hey spread sheets are my jam. I'm worried I legit have the tism. I love finding out optimum builds, I am a slave to it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
what kind of a twisted fucker works natively in google sheets instead of doing everything in excel and then converting

i mean we already know you're a masochist for playing cod but this is extreme

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

versus posted:

Man, I remember how Promoted Pawn used to do that in MW1 & 2... :corsair:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

I have both consoles and I'm getting the game on the Xbone, please tell me how dumb I am.

Look at this idiot. Look at him buying this game on a garbage system. Do you know how many p's you're missing out on?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

C'mon guys, save it until you can shout "1v1 me bro" over ragemics.

In other news, the dewritos site is broken so I can't redeem my diabetes codes.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I couldn't find the sheet I was talking about, but I did find this:

I tried updating it but I don't know how to add separate y-axis numbers for each line. Well whatever.

:v:

versus fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 28, 2014

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I can confirm half of that chart through self studies.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
After watching optic play for 2 hours on AW looks like SN6 or MP11 is going to be the pro gun.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Javes posted:

son u dumb

Get it on disc, if the game isn't rear end and nobody is playing on Bone you can trade it towards a PS4 copy.

Wazzit posted:

This graph is bullshit because Ghosts' fun plot point isn't crashing into the post below it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Sorry you sucked at BLOPS so much Wazz. Shouldn't go hating the best game in the franchise (or yourself) because of it. :ohdear:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'm really looking forward to whatever gun is still going to be hilariously OP even after the thousands of hours of play testing that must be going on. MSBSv2.0 here I come.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

It's actually my second highest KD cod. It was just really boring.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I'm really looking forward to whatever gun is still going to be hilariously OP even after the thousands of hours of play testing that must be going on. MSBSv2.0 here I come.

Rumour mill already has the Mk. 14 pegged for that role, and the game isn't even out yet.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Ugh. That was one of my favorites in Ghosts and knowing that a marksman style rifle is going to be immediately nerfed sucks :/

versus
Sep 11, 2001

They never nerfed the MW3 MK14 :ssh: (I think)

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Black Ops was just boring compared to MW2. It felt like a step back. I'd probably like it more if it came first.

That said I really liked theater mode in BO1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfo2CF_BBIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u92qganuRU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Javes posted:

Xbox Live actually works, so I'm with you.

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:
They've got a stream going on right now to show off the broadcasting stuff: http://charlieintel.com/2014/10/28/advanced-warfare-live-stream-watch-optic-gaming-play-multiplayer/

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Knifegrab posted:

Hey spread sheets are my jam.

Same!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzWvI3Vlrq2Ratq2KmNA5HI4EfhKRWiMs3p6FXxMzGs/edit?usp=sharing

This year featuring a form so you can submit your own!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EFXnaSaLDfq-6v4Wnfe3lGTF0KNAFNOqSyEgs0HaLks/viewform

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
^^^ Awww yisssss

Can confirm, is COD.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Apparently Wal Mart is selling it Sunday night at 10. Gonna walk right in to buy the only PC version they have.

Please don't be a poo poo port it's been years since MW2 I miss it.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Uplink and momentum look cool, maybe we can branch out from just strictly playing domination. Also, not sure why goons didn't like hardpoint.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Javes posted:

Uplink and momentum look cool, maybe we can branch out from just strictly playing domination. Also, not sure why goons didn't like hardpoint.

Good players played it, required learning something new.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Hardpoint was great. Cheesing the hill was a great way to get scorestreaks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

RBX posted:

Apparently Wal Mart is selling it Sunday night at 10. Gonna walk right in to buy the only PC version they have.

Please don't be a poo poo port it's been years since MW2 I miss it.

Why the gently caress would you buy a physical copy of the PC version? You're just gonna have to download most of the files from steam anyway and the game is gonna unlock automatically at 9PM pacific either way.

Zaius
May 14, 2007

No, that would be your mother.
I'd be down for some hardpoint, it looked really fun in the stream.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

I enjoyed it but was really upset the areas to capture weren't randomized.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

CheeseFactory posted:

Source: https://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=xbone+900p+advanced+warfare

You wouldn't mind if i poured out 25% of your beer would you?

The difference between 900p and 1080p is 500,000 pixels. 1080p has roughly 30% more pixels. I can tell the difference on a 12' laptop screen.

You're right, let's riot.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Uplink looks like it could be fun to run a train on bad players, but it'd end up a lot like CTF where everyone just camps their bases and it's impossible to do anything.

Why the gently caress do Optic kids get to do all this poo poo though, they're so bad.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

Uplink looks like it could be fun to run a train on bad players, but it'd end up a lot like CTF where everyone just camps their bases and it's impossible to do anything.

Why the gently caress do Optic kids get to do all this poo poo though, they're so bad.

They are popular cod players.

That's it.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Javes posted:

Maybe the best feature of NODES

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Javes posted:

We played everything all the time in bo2, ghosts on top of being a lovely game just had lovely modes which really ruined it for me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Welp I preorder this on steam. May god have mercy on my soul. I realize I cannot get into heaven now.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Who else is playing Day one on PS4 ? I want to hate myself as soon as possible.

Also I just realized Binding of Issac rebirth and this come out same week.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Welp I preorder this on steam. May god have mercy on my soul. I realize I cannot get into heaven now.

You'll make it.

Robert Browning, "Pippa Passes" posted:

"CoD's in his Heaven; all's right with the world"

:unsmith:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Welcome to my world. Preordered both, plus my job of writing roughly 3,000-4,000 words a day in articles + whatever I end up doing for NaNoWriMo, I'm basically going to have to stock up on Mountain Dew Game Fuel because I don't have time for sleep.

Zaius
May 14, 2007

No, that would be your mother.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I'll be playing as soon as its delivered (knowing fedex it will most likely be afternoon/evening though)

PSN: MWCZaius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I'm actually relieved that AW comes out Monday so that I can poopsock free of having to feel bad ignoring it for Isaac.

But Isaac's become my single favorite all-time game this year, so I'ma be all up in Rebirth.

• Locked thread