Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

C-Euro posted:

I think so, with one reprint legend to round out each deck's eligible commanders, if I remember the black deck correctly.
Yeah. New Planeswalker, new Legend, reprtint Legend. Black gets Drana, Red gets Tuktuk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Dear Wizards: Reprint Mind Bomb in a Standard legal product so I can run them out in Modern for laughs.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cernunnos posted:

Dear Wizards: Reprint Mind Bomb in a Standard legal product so I can run them out in Modern for laughs.

You know fully well that Wizard's would not reprint something so outside those established color pies such as probably some of the best art on a card I didn't know about until just now.

No seriously I would run Mind Bomb because it looks sick.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 28, 2014

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Streaming some more Mardu Midrange at https://www.twitch.tv/tedsternator

Come blow off work while I interrupt Ascendancy Combo with Crackling Doom!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I Love You! posted:

Streaming some more Mardu Midrange at https://www.twitch.tv/tedsternator

Come blow off work while I interrupt Ascendancy Combo with Crackling Doom!

I already did all my work for the day! I'm into some bachelor squalor, lets see you smash this abzan deck.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

JerryLee posted:

What was the context, was he dead on board?

Because if so, then obviously you go all-in.

This is a few days old but I felt compelled to respond. It was turn 2, opponent with one land in play, storm player had just seen his opponent's hand with no Force of Will but 2 Dazes, figured it was never going to get any easier to go off once he had both Dazes active, so he goes ahead and drops 3 LEDs, fires off a Brainstorm completely in the dark and cracks his 3 LED's in response, looking for any of Burning Wish/Infernal Tutor/more cantrips to have a shot. Hits like a Ponder I believe, eventually gets a Gitaxian Probe, another Brainstorm, finds Burning Wish, grabs Tendrils, game over (with exactly 1 mana to spare for the Daze his opponent could have cast).

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Friendly reminder that Mindslaver is the best worst way to die.

Opponent 1 card in hand, scooze, Courser, and 2 Goyfs on board. I've got two Wurmcoils.

Draw into Treasure Mage, finding Mindslaver, play and sacrifice it.

Last card is Lightning Bolt, kills Treasure Mage with it.

During his turn he draws another Bolt, kill his scooze with it, force him to swing out, block both Goyfs, which are 5/6s, with Wurmcoils. Opponent concedes, sends lovely message I should've saved. Mostly involving me using a bullshit wincon and I should be ashamed for playing Blue Tron.

:smuggo:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

This is a few days old but I felt compelled to respond. It was turn 2, opponent with one land in play, storm player had just seen his opponent's hand with no Force of Will but 2 Dazes, figured it was never going to get any easier to go off once he had both Dazes active, so he goes ahead and drops 3 LEDs, fires off a Brainstorm completely in the dark and cracks his 3 LED's in response, looking for any of Burning Wish/Infernal Tutor/more cantrips to have a shot. Hits like a Ponder I believe, eventually gets a Gitaxian Probe, another Brainstorm, finds Burning Wish, grabs Tendrils, game over (with exactly 1 mana to spare for the Daze his opponent could have cast).

Okay, that's pretty stone-cold brass balls/ovaries there, then. I tip my hat to that guy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Count Bleck posted:

Friendly reminder that Mindslaver is the best worst way to die.

Opponent 1 card in hand, scooze, Courser, and 2 Goyfs on board. I've got two Wurmcoils.

Draw into Treasure Mage, finding Mindslaver, play and sacrifice it.

Last card is Lightning Bolt, kills Treasure Mage with it.

During his turn he draws another Bolt, kill his scooze with it, force him to swing out, block both Goyfs, which are 5/6s, with Wurmcoils. Opponent concedes, sends lovely message I should've saved. Mostly involving me using a bullshit wincon and I should be ashamed for playing Blue Tron.

:smuggo:

Blue Tron owns but last time I got the lock on board my opponent conceded (he was a turn away from me killing him with Wurmcoil anyway) :(
I also won my most recent EDH game with a Mindslaver lock, it ruled.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

PleasantDirge posted:

I already did all my work for the day! I'm into some bachelor squalor, lets see you smash this abzan deck.

Oh my god this is a horrible run of variance i hope you are seeing this

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I Love You! posted:

Oh my god this is a horrible run of variance i hope you are seeing this

I had to sell some poo poo so I missed it. As long as I drop my goonery when the shop is busy my boss doesn't care what I do but I had to handle some stuff :(

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

PleasantDirge posted:

I had to sell some poo poo so I missed it. As long as I drop my goonery when the shop is busy my boss doesn't care what I do but I had to handle some stuff :(

Fair enough. Had to take a break myself but im live again.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Blue Tron owns but last time I got the lock on board my opponent conceded (he was a turn away from me killing him with Wurmcoil anyway) :(
I also won my most recent EDH game with a Mindslaver lock, it ruled.

I don't have any Mindslaver, so instead of going for taking my opponents turns, I just take all the turns I like instead. I routinely win with my Marchesa deck by going off with Time Sieve and Modular guys.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

They're here!!!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Pfft, call me when I can order 5x5 binders.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Snacksmaniac posted:

They're here!!!

Ugh, I just couldn't pull the trigger on 50$$ per. Europe gets the cool deck boxes and binders that make sense. :911:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

On the massdrop they were ~25 each. Worth it but I wish they were a hair thicker. The pockets are a bit short too. Correction : 30 shipped.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 28, 2014

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Pretty good gently caress-you card.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>

Minority Deport posted:

Pretty good gently caress-you card.

Well, this just confirms my theory that Wizards wants people to go all Lord of the Flies on each other with this latest release.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Well this is an even better gently caress-everyone card.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

sarmhan posted:

Hey, they named a card after MTG Salvations content!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

sarmhan posted:

Blows up artifacts, enchantments, and nonbasics, and only replaces nonbasics. I don't see it being better than Serenity or Purify, except the ability to get indestructible permanents, since most decks are going to have basics to replace their nonbasics.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mardu Midrange sucks on the online meta. It's fine vs aggro and abzan but rolls over like a champ to constellation and is not good vs. Jeskai, and it doesn't get to prey on Ascendancy since no one runs that online.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

sarmhan posted:

This is basically black-bordered rare-b-gone right?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Chamale posted:

Blows up artifacts, enchantments, and nonbasics, and only replaces nonbasics. I don't see it being better than Serenity or Purify, except the ability to get indestructible permanents, since most decks are going to have basics to replace their nonbasics.

A+ removal against those ridiculously expensive five color decks with next to no basics.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Zoness posted:

This is basically black-bordered rare-b-gone right?

Kinda. There are plenty of Common and Uncommon non-basic Lands though. Also it doesn't make players reveal hands and discard stuff.

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League
There's a massdrop on dragon shields going on https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dragonsleeves?mode=guest_open

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Ramos posted:

A+ removal against those ridiculously expensive five color decks with next to no basics.

As someone that runs a five color deck with 39 lands in it, four of which are basics, I find this card offensive (not really). I'm considering just replacing the basics with fetches at this point because ghost quarter is already wasteland against me most of the time.

However I will enjoy getting to call all the group hug nonsense players on their bullshit when they cast this.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 28, 2014

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Olothreutes posted:

As someone that runs a five color deck with 39 lands in it, four of which are basics, I find this card offensive (not really). I'm considering just replacing the basics with fetches at this point because ghost quarter is already wasteland against me most of the time.

However I will enjoy getting to call all the group hug nonsense players on their bullshit when they cast this.

Just win the game by turn 3, I don't see what the problem is.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh chill, it's just one card. If your deck has that severe of a weakness, you should work around it as opposed to just whine about it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Not whining about your opponents cards defeats the purpose of commander.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lol yeah that 7 CMC sorcery is real backbreaking

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
It's a card that doesn't die to doom blade, and thus a serious contender. Rip multi colored decks, we will hardly miss ye.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Not whining about your opponents cards defeats the purpose of commander.

May I recommend a non-goon oriented strategy when approaching deck building and playing in Commander?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Commander spoiler season is the worst because we have to talk about Commander.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Angry Grimace posted:

Commander spoiler season is the worst because we have to talk about Commander.

Exactly. I see cool cards like Feldon and get all excited before remembering that it's only playable in legacy or commander and realize I will never get to use said cool cards.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Ramos posted:

Oh chill, it's just one card. If your deck has that severe of a weakness, you should work around it as opposed to just whine about it.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I think this card is fine (internet sarcasm is hard). I was making a jab at the people (a few of whom I have the misfortune to play with) who will find it unfair. I'm fully aware that my deck has this weakness and I'm totally ok with it. As to the bullshit part, I'm absolutely convinced that one of the offending players will cast this and maintain it is totally fair but armageddon is literally Hitler :godwin:

Also yeah, it's a 7 cmc sorcery. I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine.

Ultima66 posted:

Just win the game by turn 3, I don't see what the problem is.

Some of the people I play with are already upset at things like Uril voltron, turning my Scion deck into hermit druid/worldgorger combo would probably make them explode. I've been considering it for a while now.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 29, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Huh. Don't know if Wizards saw that article about Lee Shi Tian and the Umbrella Revolution or not, but today's Walking the Planes mentions it and explains the reference.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

People getting pissed off about Commander product is like going to the Grocery Store for a gallon of Milk and getting angry that they also sell Ice Cream. I eat dairy one way and it's the only way it's meant to be consumed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Fish Of Doom posted:

People getting pissed off about Commander product is like going to the Grocery Store for a gallon of Milk and getting angry that they also sell Ice Cream. I eat dairy one way and it's the only way it's meant to be consumed!

I think the better analogy is going in the ice cream aisle to look for milk, at least, if you're looking for hidden legacy playables.

I just want to see the pushed card and see if they've pushed it as hard as TNN this time :argh:

• Locked thread