Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Evil Fluffy posted:

How hard are T10 and T11 compared to T9?

Yeah how shameful should we feel if we don't clear 10 today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Thumpity thump thump...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kuai posted:

Well worth the 2 pure white dyes.
So. I got me my suit.

And a fancy monocle to go with it. I look great in it.

And then my very first quick venture in ages gets me two pots of metallic silver dye

oh my god I am fabulous now

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Turn 10 is very easy and should only take a couple of lockouts, especially considering a video is out.

Turn 11 isn't much harder but, it does introduce some pretty unique mechanics that will take some getting used to. Also has square and egg shaped ADS

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Ok so our drunken/stoned team should be able to get a clear of at least T10. Good to know.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ok so our drunken/stoned team should be able to get a clear of at least T10. Good to know.
fyi I'm not drunk or stoned, I'm just bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Algid posted:

fyi I'm not drunk or stoned, I'm just bad.

You have a pretty baller spear, though.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Started a character and went Gladiator and got to level 15 and jesus christ Gladiator is the most boring class to level ever. I want to make a Lancer but the server is always locked for char creation. Can I take my gladiator to the starting area for Lancers and start leveling there or am I stuck with the gladiator chain of main quests? Is that even how it works, like each Class has its own story missions or are the story missions divided by city?

I know switching to Lancer is as easy as switching the weapon but I dont want to mess up any quest chains or be under leveled for where I currently am. Sorry if these are dumb questions, just dont have any experience in the FF MMOs.

You can do the story quests on whatever job you want. If you're already level 15, just do story quests until you can use the airship, then go to gridania and start on lancer. Class quests are seperate per-class, and you can pick the story quests back up when your lancer catches up to your gladiator.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Klades posted:

You can do the story quests on whatever job you want. If you're already level 15, just do story quests until you can use the airship, then go to gridania and start on lancer. Class quests are seperate per-class, and you can pick the story quests back up when your lancer catches up to your gladiator.

To elaborate a little bit on this to answer another of your questions: there's only one main storyline, which is slightly different to begin with depending on what city you start it. At a certain point the stories all converge and everyone gets the same stuff. Changing to Lancer in Gridania won't reset or restart your progress through the story in Ul'Dah.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:aaaaa:

nem-x
Dec 11, 2004

A deaf-mute

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Minfilia is smarter than Alphinaud because this is the second time he's been up there and already commented that should have gotten more clothing.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Snowcloak was fun. I'm almost positive we did not do the final boss properly since I was able to brutal force through it with Lustrate, but we were down a dps for half the run so I could be wrong.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Dapper as gently caress.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Not only are people poo poo at explaining the mechanics for the Ultros fight, they are giant assholes about people not understanding their explanations.

Plus, Typhon is too big to quickly target with a controller. Really, really hate that things bigger than your camera view are so hard to select.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Not only are people poo poo at explaining the mechanics for the Ultros fight, they are giant assholes about people not understanding their explanations.

Plus, Typhon is too big to quickly target with a controller. Really, really hate that things bigger than your camera view are so hard to select.

To be fair, the mechanics are easy once you get to know them.

Yes. I was the bad that wiped the first (mostly goon) group I ran with.

Worth it in the end though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Every PCB member needs a dyed suit set now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zereth posted:

So. I got me my suit.

And a fancy monocle to go with it. I look great in it.

And then my very first quick venture in ages gets me two pots of metallic silver dye

oh my god I am fabulous now

Which monocle is all class? I need to know, for reasons.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Electrum, IIRC. It's some level40ish crafting one, at any rate.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Anyone noticing that the client has been crashing to desktop a lot? I've never gotten a single crash before, but I've gotten 3 just in the short time I've been playing today.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

The bunny.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kitfox88 posted:

Electrum, IIRC. It's some level40ish crafting one, at any rate.

Correct, the Electrum Monocle is all-class.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Oh my god, it looks exactly freaking like the mugu-mugu bunny.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

Correct, the Electrum Monocle is all-class.
I just wish it was on the other eye.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I remember reading in the patch notes that they were re-working the stats on PVP armor and morale. Anyone know if it's actually worth wearing now?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
new hildebrand owns owns owns

the ending cutscene with greg had a very ganbare goemon feel to it

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I remember reading in the patch notes that they were re-working the stats on PVP armor and morale. Anyone know if it's actually worth wearing now?

Yeah, it has two secondaries now, and some of it is really well statted (the Scholar gear is crazy good, nearly all Crit/Det).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nuru posted:

Snowcloak was fun. I'm almost positive we did not do the final boss properly since I was able to brutal force through it with Lustrate, but we were down a dps for half the run so I could be wrong.

I'm guessing you didn't hide behind the ice pillar during lunar cry because the damage seems really trivial if you do.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?

Is this in anticipation of Dumb and Dumber To coming out?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I won't be starting this game til' next year due to Reasons, but my sister is loving it. She recently got her first job (Bard) to 50, but hasn't finished the main storyline yet, and has a bit of a problem. She REALLY wants to get her gear to i70 before Halloween so she can run ST with her friends, but apparently the best way to get i70 gear changed this patch?

Everyone else in her FC is busy with new content, so what's the best route for her to take?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm guessing you didn't hide behind the ice pillar during lunar cry because the damage seems really trivial if you do.

Correct. We didn't so the tank and I were both knocked to about 10% each time. Still got it the first try with 3 people so I didn't have much of a chance to try to figure it out. Figuring out the second boss was more fun anyway.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

DrakePegasus posted:

I won't be starting this game til' next year due to Reasons, but my sister is loving it. She recently got her first job (Bard) to 50, but hasn't finished the main storyline yet, and has a bit of a problem. She REALLY wants to get her gear to i70 before Halloween so she can run ST with her friends, but apparently the best way to get i70 gear changed this patch?

Everyone else in her FC is busy with new content, so what's the best route for her to take?

ed: disregard, refer to lower post.

nuru fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 29, 2014

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I had a full set of i90 gear waiting for me when I dinged 50 with my Paladin just from Hunts, things are stupid cheap with Allied Seals. Not sure exactly how Hunts have fared through the patch, I've heard "not well".

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Klungar posted:

I had a full set of i90 gear waiting for me when I dinged 50 with my Paladin just from Hunts, things are stupid cheap with Allied Seals. Not sure exactly how Hunts have fared through the patch, I've heard "not well".

As I understand it they still give the same number of soldiery and seals as before. No poetic added.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Can't get 90 gear for allied seals any more. Only 100 gear (at much higher prices). Hunts aren't really a very good option for gearing any more.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they hit hunts hard with the nerf bat. You're better off burning through your low level roulette everyday to build up soldiery stock and work on quests in the meantime.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Klades posted:

CodfishCartographer posted:

To elaborate a little bit on this to answer another of your questions: there's only one main storyline, which is slightly different to begin with depending on what city you start it. At a certain point the stories all converge and everyone gets the same stuff. Changing to Lancer in Gridania won't reset or restart your progress through the story in Ul'Dah.

Thanks for the info guys, got the airship part done tonight and am gonna get into the other classes tomorrow.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Vil posted:

Can't get 90 gear for allied seals any more. Only 100 gear (at much higher prices). Hunts aren't really a very good option for gearing any more.

Oh man, really? How does one get that i90 gear now? I was hoping to pick up some more VIT right side gear once I shored up my ACC in other slots :(

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Klungar posted:

Oh man, really? How does one get that i90 gear now? I was hoping to pick up some more VIT right side gear once I shored up my ACC in other slots :(

New dungeons drop tokens for i90 gear apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thancred is the best.

• Locked thread