Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scapegoat posted:

Hydra was in place from the start of AoS simply under a pseudonym before the Winter Solider reveal. Why can't Skye and dad be aliens who's real origins aren't explored until the Inhuman movie?

The team will think Skyedad is Asguardian (maybe Kree), and he won't tell them they're wrong. They might think Skye is half-Asguardian (-Kree). They'll discover later that they're Inhumans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Scapegoat posted:

Hydra was in place from the start of AoS simply under a pseudonym before the Winter Solider reveal. Why can't Skye and dad be aliens who's real origins aren't explored until the Inhuman movie?

Actually, that's exactly why Centipede and the Clairvoyant didn't work as antagonists for most of S1 - there was so little revealed about them, largely in an effort to protect the sanctity of the HYDRA reveal, that it was all but impossible to give a gently caress.

What you suggest sounds like a great idea if your favorite part of the show is Raina cryptically hinting at things. If you value narrative momentum, not so much.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

Believe what you want, Inhumans on this show are not happening until/unless they're introduced in the films (which Feige did hint could happen earlier than 2018, to be fair). You will probably start to see some TV->film integration, as opposed to just the reverse, beginning with AOU, but that's unlikely to ever be anything more than relatively small cameos or Easter eggs.

SHIELD is a companion series to the film canon, not an integral storytelling engine for it, and it's best to accept that.

Barry Convex posted:

Actually, that's exactly why Centipede and the Clairvoyant didn't work as antagonists for most of S1 - there was so little revealed about them, largely in an effort to protect the sanctity of the HYDRA reveal, that it was all but impossible to give a gently caress.

What you suggest sounds like a great idea if your favorite part of the show is Raina cryptically hinting at things. If you value narrative momentum, not so much.

Your going to have to decide what you're saying. First post you say inhumans aren't going to be introduced until the movie, next you agree they could be in the series but would be bad for the plot. Which is it?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Scapegoat posted:

Your going to have to decide what you're saying. First post you say inhumans aren't going to be introduced until the movie, next you agree they could be in the series but would be bad for the plot. Which is it?

There isn't any contradiction between thinking something is a bad idea and being all but certain it won't happen.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Looks like Avengers took place in real time compared to this season.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Whup, that guy's about as dead as you can get.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jeeeeeesus.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Whoa, that was messed up.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I don't think that's really SHIELD

:v:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cool transition effect, god drat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Not loving around.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Crazy workout Ward is the best Ward.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah, Bobbi is wearing a Star Wars T.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lance and Bobbi are my new favorite part of this show.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Brother Ward.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh poo poo, Christian Ward!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its Evil(er) Ward!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ward's Brother :aaa:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Okay I did not expect Peter to be Ward's brother. :stare:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Ward's brother :vince:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I liked the suspenseful music that blared when it showed "CHRISTIAN WARD"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Talbot realizes that SHIELD didn't do the attack, but he can't/won't bother to sell it to anybody. Interesting.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Peter ran for senate after running White Collar crimes?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Meme coffee mugs, could this be the beginning of the end for Marvel's Agents of Shield? :aaa:

Oh and Ward's evil Brother could be trouble too I guess...

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
SENATOR WARD :vince:

Put me down for thinking that Ward the Younger is out of his cell before the mid-season break, as an "Agent" for Shield if not as an escapee.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Who the hell is the actor playing Ward's brother, he looks familiar, but I can't quite place him

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Overlord K posted:

Okay I did not expect Peter to be Ward's brother. :stare:

He's going to bring in Neal and they're going to solve the "SHIELD" problem through a complicated con.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I like that Talbot is smart enough to realize it totally wasn't shield

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
How is there already a detailed Wiki entry up for Ward's brother?

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Christian_Ward

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Who the hell is the actor playing Ward's brother, he looks familiar, but I can't quite place him

Jonesy from Carnivale; FBI guy from Crime Show With Matt Bomer

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Talbot realizes that SHIELD didn't do the attack, but he can't/won't bother to sell it to anybody. Interesting.

Well, he suspects it but he isn't 100% sure, and he's gotten crazy funding on the assumption that Shield is evil as hell.

Also, pretty hard to stand up to a Senator, they get away with ridiculous use of power in real life, much less the show.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Soothing Vapors posted:

How is there already a detailed Wiki entry up for Ward's brother?

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Christian_Ward

Nerds.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tim DeKay

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlueBayou posted:

I like that Talbot is smart enough to realize it totally wasn't shield

He knows that Coulson's team is smart enough not to go around yelling "SHIELD IS HERE TO DO TERRORIST STUFF"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes Agent Carter

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Agent Carter teaser.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skye with a new haircut.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That Agent Carter promo looked great by the way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I want a Bobbi and Lance spinoff please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Aw, Fitzsimmons lost their connection.

• Locked thread