Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cernunnos posted:

When did we get deck names?

Seriously I am out of it on this one. :smith:

The leak of the Black deck had the names of the other 4 decks with their associated Mana Symbol next to them.

Red is called Built From Scratch, White is Forged in Stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

darkwolf220 posted:

^^ Tell me another walker you 'know, but not by name'?

I think the white deck's name "Forged in Stone" is a nod to its general, the rock wizard, Nahiri the Lithmancer. Makes too much sense, I wanted Serra too :smith:

I wanted Jaya Ballard the planeswalker, but I'll totally settle right now if the red unknown is a goblin.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God
Watch the red one be loving Sandruu from Homelands.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Chorocojo posted:

Watch the red one be loving Sandruu from Homelands.

The flamekin is a reasonable theory, I was thinking they'll probably introduce some character from Shandalar, they seem to like going to that old well as of late.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Bob From Accounting

His +2 will be to summon an Orgg.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Neat.

And then you stifle it when they try and they get sad.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Oh cool. Artifact Hot Potato. :v:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

This is adorable :allears:

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Clearly the white planeswalker is Elesh Norn who has manufactured a spark.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Perfect for Zedruu?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
The white planeswalker will be Lin Sivvi, because her time in standard was a good and vibrant time and everyone should be reminded of that with a tribal rebels edh deck.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Deofuta posted:

The white planeswalker will be Lin Sivvi, because her time in standard was a good and vibrant time and everyone should be reminded of that with a tribal rebels edh deck.

I agree, Lin Sivvi was great and also relatively simple to shut down in standard and block constructed with Rising Waters. That's pretty much my only memory of Lin Sivvi. I was the Rising Waters player. :geno:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
New, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

New, right?

This seems much, much worse than Balefire Dragon

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
If it isn't Serra, Planeswalker I'm going to be Mad as Heck.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The March Hare posted:

If it isn't Serra, Planeswalker I'm going to be Mad as Heck.

You may as well get your mad out of the way then, because it's gonna be Nahiri.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

TheKingofSprings posted:

This seems much, much worse than Balefire Dragon

It has Haste, is bigger than Balefire if your commander's out, and does the damage with the attack trigger so you can blow up a blocker if you need to.

Usually worse, but sometimes better.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Courtesy of CFB,

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Elyv posted:

Courtesy of CFB,

Man, that card is totally powerful enough for the formats where it's not legal because it's in a Commander product.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010
EDH rules committee's card:

Is this not very good? It seems not very good. On the plus side, he's from that plane in Conspiracy, which is neat. And it doesn't say "do damage" anywhere on it, the first red planeswalker to do that.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

If you think he's super cool, you should probably just be playing Sharuum.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I feel like all these walker-commanders that don't protect themselves are just awful. After all they're trivially easy to kill. At least regular creatures require a removal spell.

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
OK someone needs to do Imperial Painter in commander, because all of the spoiled cards enable the poo poo out of it, but aren't good enough for legacy painter.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Minority Deport posted:

Is this not very good? It seems not very good. On the plus side, he's from that plane in Conspiracy, which is neat. And it doesn't say "do damage" anywhere on it, the first red planeswalker to do that.

He has some mad synergy with Feldon so I really don't see why he is an alternative to him and not just a card in the deck (or vice versa)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Minority Deport posted:

gently caress reverse looting.

gently caress it.

The -2 could be really cool if it searched for something from your deck, but from the graveyard seems pretty weak.

E: I'm being a little harsh, the two abilities do work pretty well together. Does it really need reverse looting though?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 29, 2014

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

TheKingofSprings posted:

The -2 could be really cool if it searched for something from your deck, but from the graveyard seems pretty weak.

Are you really surprised that they didn't just print a Tinker that lives in your command zone?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Are you really surprised that they didn't just print a Tinker that lives in your command zone?

No, just disappointed

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Yeah, none of these Planeswalkers seem that amazing on paper but they synergize wonderfully with the cards we've seen spoiled for their individual decks so I am not complaining.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

TheKingofSprings posted:

No, just disappointed

I, too, am disappointed that Wizards didn't print a card that would be literally instantly banned in Legacy and restricted in Vintage.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jabor posted:

I, too, am disappointed that Wizards didn't print a card that would be literally instantly banned in Legacy and restricted in Vintage.

Well, either way it won't see play in Legacy.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I'm angry that this rear end in a top hat isn't Slobad. Seriously, all the abilities fit him, and I bet he was Slobad until late in development.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zemyla posted:

I'm angry that this rear end in a top hat isn't Slobad. Seriously, all the abilities fit him, and I bet he was Slobad until late in development.

Alter it to have some goggles on his head and a hammer in his hand.

Bam, it's Slobad.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, either way it won't see play in Legacy.

Good thing it was designed for Commander then, and not Legacy. If the -2 was Tinker, it wouldn't see play either, because it'd get banned immediately.

Zemyla posted:

I thought design and creative had the most say in characters and names. It could be creative saving Slobad for something, but I'm 99% sure that development doesn't really care about who a character is.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Minority Deport posted:

4 mana for a horribad faithless looting and worse goblin welder. :toot:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

He's an extra 3 mana for a Goblin Welder with haste. I don't see him replacing Welder in anything, but maybe Imperial Painter wants a Daretti as an extra copy?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chamale posted:

He's an extra 3 mana for a Goblin Welder with haste. I don't see him replacing Welder in anything, but maybe Imperial Painter wants a Daretti as an extra copy?

When they already effectively have 8 copies in their deck?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chamale posted:

The thing with Painter is that it uses Recruiter to look for creatures (Painter's Servant and Welder mostly), and Daretti is a 'walker.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

superstepa posted:

He has some mad synergy with Feldon so I really don't see why he is an alternative to him and not just a card in the deck (or vice versa)

I hope I'm reading this right, apologies if I'm not. The Commander 13 decks also had 3 could-be generals and the two you didn't pick were also part of the 100-card deck that you used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Goods point. The most I can say for Daretti is that he's more like to see play in Legacy than the other new planewalkers they've spoiled.

• Locked thread