Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sobriquet
Jan 15, 2003

we're on an ice cream safari!
Dear Jah, can I write off my Halloween candy expenses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Sobriquet posted:

Dear Jah, can I write off my Halloween candy expenses?

quote:

Your whine makes me kind of wish that people from the actual poor side of town come this year not with scary costumes but with real pitchforks. Stop being callous and miserly and go to Costco, you cheapskate, and get enough candy to fill the bags of the kids who come one day a year to marvel at how the 1 percent live.

Wow. Prudence could teach Amy a thing or two.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
:drat:

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
drat, just started listening to the podcast (only #435) and I'm just about to only listen to it. Hilarious poo poo. Got the archives loaded up, and I've just got a long commute. I'm ready.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Welcome to the fold, brother.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

bollig posted:

drat, just started listening to the podcast (only #435) and I'm just about to only listen to it. Hilarious poo poo. Got the archives loaded up, and I've just got a long commute. I'm ready.

What beauty contestant is this a quote from

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Hey RustyTrombone I just noticed that the link to my Seth's Clips Google doc in the OP doesn't work. Make sure you copy the whole URL and not the automatically shortened one made by the forums:

code:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GTtqKXaDNEfYI3vtbZqRhv6O_bMXAXaM8_ekXaZJKAE/edit

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I've got a six day load that needs a home

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

mcvey posted:

I've got a six day load that needs a home

This never stops making me laugh. Especially because I can't help but hear it in Seth's voice.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Binowru posted:

Hey RustyTrombone I just noticed that the link to my Seth's Clips Google doc in the OP doesn't work. Make sure you copy the whole URL and not the automatically shortened one made by the forums:

code:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GTtqKXaDNEfYI3vtbZqRhv6O_bMXAXaM8_ekXaZJKAE/edit

Fixed, sorry friend.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Update on the UYD Facebook group:

The guy who created the group wanted to make it less lovely. New posts would now have to be moderator approved. People started screaming CENSORSHIP and now the guy has left his own group.

No games. No drama.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
No community is safe from shitlords.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Update on the UYD Facebook group:

The guy who created the group wanted to make it less lovely. New posts would now have to be moderator approved. People started screaming CENSORSHIP and now the guy has left his own group.

No games. No drama.

Haha cool.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Which episodes are they that they discuss a) chicken forks and b) boogey mama?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Austin live ep is out and proud

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Is the austin ep missing the first few minutes

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

a starwar betamax posted:

Is the austin ep missing the first few minutes

Yes

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Oh good it's not just me

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Looks like it has been uploaded again with the full Austin episode now, 1h 22m.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

Looks like it has been uploaded again with the full Austin episode now, 1h 22m.

It's all about Austin.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
As mentioned in the most recent episode, here is Seth in the final shot of the last full commercial shown on CNN in a pre-9/11 world.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Dr. Giant Pinto

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

This is such an amazing find

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

CortezFantastic posted:

This is such an amazing find

Agreed, I nearly drove off the road I was so dumbfounded, too bad it's kind of tough to tell it's Seth.

Also, I never knew I wanted a Bad Santa re-make with Daniel Day-Lewis but now I do.

E: Any they talk about The Conjuring and I saw that for the first time last weekend :tinfoil:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 29, 2014

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
So we can agree Al-Qaeda killed Seth's acting career?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Al_Qaeda inadvertently started Uhh yeah dude

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Thanks a lot Osama

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This changes everything. 9/11 sucked!

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
UYD sistercast, Uhh Ya Zalame. The caliphate through the eyes of two Muslim Muslims.

Segments including:
Camel, Hashish, Mind's Eye
Ask Ahmed
This week in Egypt
Mohammed's House
This week in Christianity
To catch an apostate
Who's prayin' harder?

Bolek
May 1, 2003

SeaborneClink posted:

UYD sistercast, Uhh Ya Zalame. The caliphate through the eyes of two Muslim Muslims.

Segments including:
Ask Ahmed
This week in Egypt
Mohammed's House
To catch an apostate
Who's prayin' harder?

Nope

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

SeaborneClink posted:

Segments including:
Ask Ahmed
This week in Egypt
Mohammed's House
To catch an apostate
Who's prayin' harder?
Little dicey there pal.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Lowe's now has robot assistants - prime UYD material. Way inferior to Boo-B-Trap though.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

I can't get over how amazing this is.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Yeah, I just checked it out (listened to the ep @ work) and it is fully amazing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ooops wrong thread!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

GraPar posted:

Lowe's now has robot assistants - prime UYD material. Way inferior to Boo-B-Trap though.

I'm hitting a paywall. Someone have a free link or wanna copy/paste into this thread? :shobon:

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Binowru posted:

I'm hitting a paywall. Someone have a free link or wanna copy/paste into this thread? :shobon:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102128143#.

"'People can come in with a random screw and say Mr. Robot, I need more of these, and if we do have it in the store, they can find it,' Nel said. The robots can speak in English and Spanish."

I just liked it because it reminded me of Seth's brilliant robot voice: "Take two and call me in the morning"

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

GraPar posted:

Wow, I didn't know companies still bothered making robots without punching mechanisms these days

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
I'm catching up on the last few eps. 434 had me laughing hard when Seth described the rear end in a top hat dads in their lovely rig-outs at the Eagles concert. It reminded me of Toronto's Beer Fest. Then I'm laughing even harder as Jonathan calls Seth an idiot for even going in the first place.

A hallmark of UYD is their willingness to point out their own dumb actions. Heroic in a world where most others are constantly cloaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.vice.com/read/the-terrors-in-las-existential-haunted-house-are-inside-your-own-head-126

UYD merch sighting in a Vice article.