Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of unlocks, is there a list of them anywhere yet? There are still a bunch of accessories and a category of costumes that are marked as coming soon for me. Though I've only done a normal mode play through so far and am working on hard, so I'm guessing they're tied to finishing the game on higher difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Peewi posted:

Instead of restarting the chapter, you can quit to title screen and continue.

I've tried that. The trouble is it restarts me from after the bridge and the bird is already gone. I keep getting knocked down and having to climb up the rocks on the left but that gets me to close to the bird and it flies off.

Edit: well I finally got it, had to jump off a wall, turn into a bird fly around in a U shape and was able to get it in mid air.

Sonel fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 29, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Wow yeah, I am way more at ease playing Bayo 2. Even on hard mode--although I am disappointed, they don't seem to have changed the enemy layouts this time around. Most Platinum games throw late-game enemies at you earlier as part of hard mode. I was expecting Grace and Glories ambushing me in the first Chapter again...I'm relieved, but also a little disappointed. Although the regular mook enemies are plenty challenging--I find the centaurs a lot harder to dodge consistently than the bird angels.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Wow yeah, I am way more at ease playing Bayo 2. Even on hard mode--although I am disappointed, they don't seem to have changed the enemy layouts this time around. Most Platinum games throw late-game enemies at you earlier as part of hard mode. I was expecting Grace and Glories ambushing me in the first Chapter again...I'm relieved, but also a little disappointed. Although the regular mook enemies are plenty challenging--I find the centaurs a lot harder to dodge consistently than the bird angels.

There is a difficulty that remixes enemy layouts, don't you worry. I hope you're prepared to fight Urbane on a plane.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SurrealityCheck posted:

I really think you should give it a go! There is a huge satisfaction to doing it - plus if you look up tech online you can add some really cool elements to your play.

He has "american voice actor trying to do cockney" : (

If there's anything these threads have taught me it's two things. That for whatever reason everyone is exceptionally bad at these games except for like five people and that everyone are huge babies about bad accents.

The latter is more inexcusable than the former, imo.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What do people think about the scythe? I can't decide if it's meant as more of a straight dps type weapon or more of a crowd control one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The scythe is good for both crowd control and damage. Especially if you use its shotgun blades then it just fucks anything in front of you hard. For DPS though you'd be better off using swords as they're just faster and flow into combat better, I feel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

The scythe is good for both crowd control and damage. Especially if you use its shotgun blades then it just fucks anything in front of you hard. For DPS though you'd be better off using swords as they're just faster and flow into combat better, I feel.

The scythe feels like it's meant to be a midpoint between the whips and the chainsaws to me, but not quite as good as either.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I wouldn't put it there with the whip, that thing is great for a multitude of reasons. I can't speak for chainsaws though as I haven't really used them much.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

chumbler posted:

I think Bayonetta's interactions with Cereza were more fun

I don't know what this means but it feels kinda spoilery so I'm outta here until I finish the game!

Does this game even really have anything to spoil? I checked out from Bayonetta 1's story pretty early on, and the only things that could've been spoiled were things like "oh no Luka didn't die getting thrown out of that skyscraper window. You see, a rocket's fin caught him in midair" or the same deal with Jeanne and her magical flying motorcycle.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 29, 2014

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

When you learn the charge modifier release mechanic for Salamandra, it is the DPS weapon imo. Chainsaws do a lot of damage man.

Also Loki is hilarious. He goes from telling you to hurry up to pleading for you to slow down in the span of 2 seconds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

When you learn the charge modifier release mechanic for Salamandra, it is the DPS weapon imo. Chsinsaws do a lot of damage man.

Also Loki is hilarious. He goes from telling you to hurry up to pleading for you to slow down in the span of 2 seconds.

Yeah, the chainsaws are almost too good. They wreck my combo score because I kill things too fast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

enojy posted:

I don't know what this means but it feels kinda spoilery so I'm outta here until I finish the game!

Does this game even really have anything to spoil? I checked out from Bayonetta 1's story pretty early on, and the only things that could've been spoiled were things like "oh no Luka didn't die getting thrown out of that skyscraper window. You see, a rocket's fin caught him in midair" or the same deal with Jeanne and her magical flying motorcycle.

Bayonetta's spoilers consist of the identity of Cereza, Balder's relation to Bayo and Luka, and that Jeanne is actually not a villain.

None of these really matter in the grand scheme of things because Bayo 1's story is bad and ignorable.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Right now I'm in love with the hammer. Do a full charge, wreck face and still get decent scores.

The downside is that it's difficult to use against the human sized bosses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, the chainsaws are almost too good. They wreck my combo score because I kill things too fast.

I don't use quad-chainsaws for this reason. I like Undine on the hands with Salamandra on the feet, or Salamandra on the hands with Love is Blue on the feet.

Salamandra + Chain Chomp is amazing for damage though.

Peewi posted:

Right now I'm in love with the hammer. Do a full charge, wreck face and still get decent scores.

The downside is that it's difficult to use against the human sized bosses.

If you're not already doing this, you can charge up the hammer, turn into a panther and keep the charge when you change back. It's pretty satisfying to unleash a full charge like that.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Holy poo poo the whips are absolutely hilarious with the manual witch time accessory. You can stun-lock anything the whips can grab, so like everything but the huge setpiece bosses.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Bayonetta's spoilers consist of the identity of Cereza, Balder's relation to Bayo and Luka, and that Jeanne is actually not a villain.

None of these really matter in the grand scheme of things because Bayo 1's story is bad and ignorable.

Bayonetta takes a jab at that horrible 20+ min reveal lecture Balder does in the first game at the start of Bayonetta 2 in fact. I think they know it was awful.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I have a hard time reliably meeting the platinum requirements for combo score in most verses with any weapon except the guns (both Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair), and I really want to use other weapons, but they always seem to kill too fast

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sharrrk posted:

I have a hard time reliably meeting the platinum requirements for combo score in most verses with any weapon except the guns (both Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair), and I really want to use other weapons, but they always seem to kill too fast

I feel like taunting is an absolute requirement now.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like taunting is an absolute requirement now.

Yeah, if you're not using the guns, I'd taunt any enemy in a verse you want a good score in. Otherwise, things die too quickly with too few hits to get a decent score above gold.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
IF you aren't comfortable taunting you can keep your score in place during verses with multiple phases by using a weapon with charge properties such as Shuraba, Takemikazuchi, the twin swords, and possibly also Kafka by maintaining a charge.

I haven't had to taunt to get platinums at all honestly regardless of weapon but maybe that's just me. Everything feels really well balanced score wise in single player, at least up till 3rd climax. Taunted enemies are way more dangerous now so I tend to be wary of the mechanic. Should make for interesting playthroughs later though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I haven't had to taunt once for all of the Platinums I got on 3rd Climax, the game feels pretty balance to me score wise. Like I don't know what I'm doing different that's not like, just continuing my combo and doing different moves to vary it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, I haven't had to taunt once for all of the Platinums I got on 3rd Climax, the game feels pretty balance to me score wise. Like I don't know what I'm doing different that's not like, just continuing my combo and doing different moves to vary it.

You're probably dodge offsetting every single combo like a pro. I didn't taunt for any of my 3rd Climax Platinums either. Gaze of Despair might not have as much of a use in this game as it did in the first. Still, a Gaze of Despair run would be fun as hell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've been wearing the Gaze nonstop so maybe I'm overestimating it but I just noticed that combo was the only thing stopping me from getting mostly platinums on my first run.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Am I right thinking that Selene's Light would be good for Jeanne? I don't have any trouble activating it with Bayonetta, but seeing as how you have to use moth within for Jeanne, having another way to activate witch time can't be bad, can it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

Am I right thinking that Selene's Light would be good for Jeanne? I don't have any trouble activating it with Bayonetta, but seeing as how you have to use moth within for Jeanne, having another way to activate witch time can't be bad, can it?

It's okay but it runs into the same problem as it does for Bayonetta in that it's really just kind of a crutch item and if you're doing well with it you shouldn't need it at all.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It's okay but it runs into the same problem as it does for Bayonetta in that it's really just kind of a crutch item and if you're doing well with it you shouldn't need it at all.

Maybe I'll just give her a try without it then. I get Witch time from bat within half the time anyway.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Just beat Rodin, Rosa is probably the best character to do it with and the strategy that worked best for me was equip the Bracelet of Time when he does into his second form, abuse manual witch time and he won't be able to touch you while you whittle down his health.

For those struggling to get Platinum medals just equip the chainsaws and don't get hit and you're pretty much guaranteed to get a plat at least.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So I just found out that you can combo Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair. I think I like this better than double of either.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Aw man...I beat Valor and didn't take a single hit and I only got Gold! Guess you have to beat him in less than 3 minutes...drat.

The bosses in this game are a fair bit easier than Bayo 1--the Sage and Jeanne are on par, but the Sage at least you can activate Witch Time on him and he doesn't sucker-punch you with Wicked Weaves out of the goddamn floor.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Holy poo poo Tag Climax rules. It's basically Bloody Palace on steroids with co-op, it's so much fun.

How does it work, exactly? You need to get through six verses to claim your reward, yes? Does dying in any single verse mean you have to start all over, or can you continue from there and just lose what you bet for that particular verse? Because having The Lumen Sage just randomly pop up in some of them (on Star Three) has completely wrecked a few of my runs, here.

e: Also what's with that infinity meter? I've had it fill up all the way but I have no idea what it does.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BlackFrost posted:

Holy poo poo Tag Climax rules. It's basically Bloody Palace on steroids with co-op, it's so much fun.

How does it work, exactly? You need to get through six verses to claim your reward, yes? Does dying in any single verse mean you have to start all over, or can you continue from there and just lose what you bet for that particular verse? Because having The Lumen Sage just randomly pop up in some of them (on Star Three) has completely wrecked a few of my runs, here.

e: Also what's with that infinity meter? I've had it fill up all the way but I have no idea what it does.

You need to get through all six verses to get verse points, but I think you keep halo winnings regardless. If you die, you do have to start over from verse 1 though.

Getting combos fills up the right part of the infinity meter. When that fills up, it fills up part of the main meter. And when that fills up, you both get a free Umbran Climax.

Also yes, three star difficulty is ridiculous. That's my endgame goal for this game, to get good enough to beat three star tag climax consistently.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
I don't think you keep winnings--failing on Verse 3 or 4 a few times has set me right back to where I started, despite earning around 120,000 halos in bets up to that point.

I could be wrong though.

BlackFrost fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 30, 2014

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Speaking as a brit myself, I never would have imagined Loki's accent was intended to be anything english. He sounds like that guyanese kid from Revengeance but without the dialect.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I usually just hold down the attack I'm doing every time for Dodge Offsetting, but one weapon I have trouble with is the swords, since they charge up. Should I just guess when I'm about to dodge or what when I'm using them?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Using the Daisy outfit has me so conflicted. The thing is loving hideous and somehow more shameful then her usual stuff, yet hearing bowser scream "YEAH!!!" whenever he hits things is so goddamn funny I can't stop.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I think you might get to keep combo point halos but not the winnings it gives you for winning the rounds.

Also, I just got a pure platinum on a Grace and Glory fight. I realize they're probably easier than in Bayonetta 1 but it was still very cathartic.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Using the Daisy outfit has me so conflicted. The thing is loving hideous and somehow more shameful then her usual stuff, yet hearing bowser scream "YEAH!!!" whenever he hits things is so goddamn funny I can't stop.

Does Bowser not do that in the Peach costume?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can the unlockable characters wear the costumes you unlock or buy? Can you have Rodin running around in Peach's dress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ChaosArgate posted:

Does Bowser not do that in the Peach costume?

For some reason I'm thinking turning the outfit pink won't get rid of ThisIsACoolGuy's objections to it.

• Locked thread