Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Thoren posted:

I'm really curious to see how they'll stop Ywach when he uses the most powerful Bankai in the Bleachverse.

Plot device, perhaps?

Wonderweiss comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Alright, I'm convinced Kubo is just asking 10 year olds to pretend to be magic fighters and using the powers they come up with.

"okay i have the power to make ur blood kill u, it's toxic, ur dead"

"no i cut myself to lose the toxic blood, also this magic water refreshes my blood"

Akumos fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 25, 2014

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

LD50 for caffeine is actually 10g kubo, not 200mg. That's generally the amount in one strong cup of coffee.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Akumos posted:

Alright, I'm convinced Kubo is just asking 10 year olds to pretend to be magic fighters and using the powers they come up with.

"okay i have the power to make ur blood kill u, it's toxic, ur dead"

"no i cut myself to lose the toxic blood, also this magic water refreshes my blood"

Nah, Axe Cop generally has better fights.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

LD50 for caffeine is actually 10g kubo, not 200mg. That's generally the amount in one strong cup of coffee.

He's talking about the dosage per kilo. The average ghost in bleach weights 50 spiri-kilos so it fits.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

trucutru posted:

The average ghost in bleach weights 50 spiri-kilos so it fits.

:psyduck:

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and marvel at the things this series makes people write

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
No, you see, there's the real world, where Ichigo is from.

Then there's Ghost World, where Rukia is from.

People from normal world can't even see people from Ghost World, but people from Ghost World can see and interact (?) with people from real world. They can like, push or cut them without the people from real world knowing why.

Oh, except for Ichigo. He can see and interact (?) with people from Ghost World.

And I guess some special people from real world can too but maybe only because they know Ichigo.

Actually I guess it's a lot of people. Basically every named character.

So if hollows appear and nobody can even see them but they're enough of a threat to the real world population that Ghost World has to deploy soldiers to watch over certain areas, does this mean the news in real world is littered with reports of "Another grisly murder scene, ten dead in monstrous bloodbath with no clues or suspects yet made available. This adds to the death toll of five thousand this year in similar possibly related extremely suspicious murders."?

So the people in Ghost World bleed and get sick and they're basically exactly the same as real world people in every way that matters.

Also some hollows are very humanlike and they're basically the same as everyone else.

So we have three factions (I'm being lenient and counting Quincy as real world people since they've been stated to be that, except now the Sternritter are also ghosts? Or have some reason to have been alive for a thousand years. Or is it just Ywach that's been alive this long, and this is just the current generation of Quincy alive during his assault? Probably the former since Ishida thought the Quincy were extinct) who are for all intents and purposes exactly the same. All the same rules apply and as far as we know all three react exactly the same to getting cut, losing blood, drowning, etc.

Oh, also Ichigo's school friends could see and interact with Aizen when he was in Karakura. But maybe you can choose to reveal your presence to real world people if you're a Ghost. Except you can't because Ichigo couldn't see or hear his Ghost pals when he lost his powers. Even though Mizuki apparently had enough spirit presence to be able to see them. Ichigo lost so much "Ghost power" that he couldn't sense things Mizuki could sense. Okay.

Bleach is a loving mess.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In Bleach, if someone dies within a couple of years of their spouse? That's because their spouse turned into a hollow and killed them.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Thoren posted:

I'm really curious to see how they'll stop Ywach when he uses the most powerful Bankai in the Bleachverse.

Plot device, perhaps?
Presumably the way Juha Bach (I will never submit to the Yhwach lie) killed the previous owner of the most powerful Bankai in the Bleachverse: by attacking him with his sword.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Bisse posted:

Presumably the way Juha Bach (I will never submit to the Yhwach lie) killed the previous owner of the most powerful Bankai in the Bleachverse: by attacking him with his sword.

Oh god.

It's hilarious because its true.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Advice posted:

No, you see, there's the real world, where Ichigo is from.

Then there's Ghost World, where Rukia is from.

People from normal world can't even see people from Ghost World, but people from Ghost World can see and interact (?) with people from real world. They can like, push or cut them without the people from real world knowing why.

Oh, except for Ichigo. He can see and interact (?) with people from Ghost World.

And I guess some special people from real world can too but maybe only because they know Ichigo.

Actually I guess it's a lot of people. Basically every named character.

So if hollows appear and nobody can even see them but they're enough of a threat to the real world population that Ghost World has to deploy soldiers to watch over certain areas, does this mean the news in real world is littered with reports of "Another grisly murder scene, ten dead in monstrous bloodbath with no clues or suspects yet made available. This adds to the death toll of five thousand this year in similar possibly related extremely suspicious murders."?

So the people in Ghost World bleed and get sick and they're basically exactly the same as real world people in every way that matters.

Also some hollows are very humanlike and they're basically the same as everyone else.

So we have three factions (I'm being lenient and counting Quincy as real world people since they've been stated to be that, except now the Sternritter are also ghosts? Or have some reason to have been alive for a thousand years. Or is it just Ywach that's been alive this long, and this is just the current generation of Quincy alive during his assault? Probably the former since Ishida thought the Quincy were extinct) who are for all intents and purposes exactly the same. All the same rules apply and as far as we know all three react exactly the same to getting cut, losing blood, drowning, etc.

Oh, also Ichigo's school friends could see and interact with Aizen when he was in Karakura. But maybe you can choose to reveal your presence to real world people if you're a Ghost. Except you can't because Ichigo couldn't see or hear his Ghost pals when he lost his powers. Even though Mizuki apparently had enough spirit presence to be able to see them. Ichigo lost so much "Ghost power" that he couldn't sense things Mizuki could sense. Okay.

Bleach is a loving mess.

What is important is that the Shinigami, who have spiritual bodies, also have a spiritual version of caffeine which indicates that spirit coffee plants (or maybe spirit Guarana) exist. Where do these plants come from? Apparently, the shinigamis, hollows, and other spiritual beings cannot reproduce normally and instead depend on regular people doing so and then dying. This can only mean two things. First, that the spirit coffee plants produce infertile spirit coffee beans for some mysterious reason and, more importantly, that regular coffee plants have a soul and go to soul society after death (Unless the have some regrets, then they go to Hueco mundo).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 26, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How do they decide which world is the real world...

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

trucutru posted:

What is important is that the Shinigami, who have spiritual bodies, also have a spiritual version of caffeine which indicates that spirit coffee plants (or maybe spirit Guarana) exist. Where do these plants come from? Apparently, the shinigamis, hollows, and other spiritual beings cannot reproduce normally and instead depend on regular people doing so and then dying. This can only mean two things. First, that the spirit coffee plants produce infertile spirit coffee beans for some mysterious reason and, more importantly, that regular coffee plants have a soul and go to soul society after death (Unless the have some regrets, then they go to Hueco mundo).

Nah, there's actually ghost babies. Byakuya is from a ghost family, his dad was a ghost and he was born a ghost. Seireitei is full of ghost people who were always ghosts as well as normal ghosts and the Rukongai is just all normal ghosts. Ghosty ghosts.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Being alive or being dead has no meaning in Bleach, since you can even be a ghost and have a family with non-ghosts. It's being double dead like Yamamoto that you have to look out for.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Doesn't urahara have a normal<->ghost converter in his basement?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
But you can also really die if a Quincy kills you. Then you never become a ghost!

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tonfa posted:

:psyduck:

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and marvel at the things this series makes people write

Do samurai ghosts even drink coffee?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
They drink alcohol for sure. I'd be surprised if they didn't also drink coffee.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Wittgen posted:

They drink alcohol for sure. I'd be surprised if they didn't also drink coffee.

I don't think feudal japan had coffee.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
The guy using caffeine as an example while explaining his power already said he was alive on regular not-dead-people Earth.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Thoren posted:

I don't think feudal japan had coffee.

No, but it didn't have mascot character branded goods either. Ghost world is weird.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
wow the bleach anime is back already looks like they skipped right into this arc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPA9bKz2meI

Akumos fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 26, 2014

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Tunicate posted:

Nah, Axe Cop generally has better fights.
I would literally not be surprised in the least if someone in bleach had a sword that put you to sleep and made you wake up with a bomb in your mouth.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fabricated posted:

I would literally not be surprised in the least if someone in bleach had a sword that put you to sleep and made you wake up with a bomb in your mouth.

Wa-bomb-suke

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The mangareader/panda translation is out.

Nice to see the zero division thinking about their strategy. Good to see Ywach was indeed just using the sternritter and his own zero division is standing right back up.

I hope for some great fights in the upcoming chapters.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

What the hell

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Woo. The useless mooks are dead. Less great, more useless mooks have arrived.

One step forward, and one step back I suppose.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Guy who took Shunsui's eye gets chumped AGAIN without showing his powers. :rip:

Also why couldn't you just keep the YWACH attack team dead, they went down in the best possible way. Killing off the other guys for this seems like a downgrade.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tonfa posted:

Guy who took Shunsui's eye gets chumped AGAIN without showing his powers. :rip:

Also why couldn't you just keep the YWACH attack team dead, they went down in the best possible way. Killing off the other guys for this seems like a downgrade.

The way that Kubo keeps this bit-character merry-go-round going just makes it seem like he can't make up his mind on when he wants to move events forward for a change.

Man, it'll be great when this thing and Naruto are over.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

slev posted:

What the hell

The most fitting chapter title in a while.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, what's keeping the Squad 0 guy from once again applying the novel technique of actually cutting things with a sword again? Is Bach going to just keep this up until the sword smith is exhausted from killing these guys over and over?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well now they know his sword can cut them, you see.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Bleach Final Thread:What the hell

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
How did Bach's backstory go again? I can't remember where it was explained. He was born completely helpless, unable to see, speak, or feel or whatever, but as people touched him, they gained powers while also making him stronger or something like that? Does that mean that as the Sternritter get killed off, he gets weaker? I'm so confused about what's going on with him.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

It's more like Bach loans his powers to them. As the Sternritter die, the power Bach gave comes back to him.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes. He was unconsciously giving powers to the people that touched him when he was a helpless, blind baby. When those people died, Bach became stronger, gaining the ability to see, for example. He learned how to control this, and 'created' the Quincies. He can take the power back by force, and the last time he did it Ishida's mother was one of the Quincies that was killed.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm sure it was also implied that he could absorb the powers of shinigami through the battles his quincy/sternritter fought.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
That was actually really badass I think.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Schubalts posted:

Yes. He was unconsciously giving powers to the people that touched him when he was a helpless, blind baby. When those people died, Bach became stronger, gaining the ability to see, for example. He learned how to control this, and 'created' the Quincies. He can take the power back by force, and the last time he did it Ishida's mother was one of the Quincies that was killed.

And Ichigo's mom was hurt because her powers were sapped while fighting Grand Fisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gyges posted:

So, what's keeping the Squad 0 guy from once again applying the novel technique of actually cutting things with a sword again? Is Bach going to just keep this up until the sword smith is exhausted from killing these guys over and over?

what if.... Bach cuts him?

• Locked thread