Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The PPVs between KoTR '96 and Wrestlemania XIV were so much better than the crop of post XIV PPVs I've seen so far. Summerslam 98 begins with a 15 minute match between Val Venis and D'Lo Brown that ends in a DQ when Val pushes the ref. What an opener!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Seams posted:

The PPVs between KoTR '96 and Wrestlemania XIV were so much better than the crop of post XIV PPVs I've seen so far. Summerslam 98 begins with a 15 minute match between Val Venis and D'Lo Brown that ends in a DQ when Val pushes the ref. What an opener!

The fact that they could do that poo poo and still have a hot product is a testament to how over their stars were.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Let's not pretend that Val and D'Lo weren't great wrestlers who could easily put on a very good 15 minute match.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Let's not pretend that Val and D'Lo weren't great wrestlers who could easily put on a very good 15 minute match.

Yes, I think we better recognize.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

height of the attitude era was pretty garbage most of the time outside of the main event. 2000 was a great year for PPVs though.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Summerslam '98 was a pretty great show all around, definitely one of the better AE PPVs.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

height of the attitude era was pretty garbage most of the time outside of the main event. 2000 was a great year for PPVs though.

It was, but D' Lo had gotten really good by the time the accident with Droz happened. And dumb politics IRL and stupid gimmick aside, Venis could go.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 26, 2014

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Seams posted:

I watched SummerSlam 98 on the Network not long ago, and thought that was actually a really good opener, stupid ending aside.

Funny enough, I think Val's downtown as a worked probably began around the time his "serious wrestler" phase began.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It was, but D' Lo had gotten really good by the time the accident with Droz happened. And dumb politics IRL and stupid gimmick aside, Vneis could go.

Val's gimmick worked with the live crowd though. Women would go nuts when he came out and took his towel off. The only time I ever got tired of him was when I went to a live Raw show (back when they recorded heat and I think superstars or something before it) and I had to see him wrestle three times in one night.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Akileese posted:

Val's nuts when he came three times in one night.

WOW

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
The HHH vs Cactus Hell in a Cell match was pretty cool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was gonna check out a month of WWE Network and it declined my debit card (which has thousands of dollars in the account) and now I get this message telling me I've recently ordered a product and to wait for my confirmation when I try to resub. Any one had a similar issue or does any one know if the service won't allow debit cards?

e: ok well I downloaded Firefox and was able to fix it. :shrug:

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 26, 2014

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Akileese posted:

Val's gimmick worked with the live crowd though. Women would go nuts when he came...

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My standard match to put on when nothing specific comes to mind is now any match between The RnR Express and The Midnight Express.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Network buffering, skipping, and warping right now. Thanks !

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I worked through the first half of Hell in a Cell, and the "watch from beginning" button isn't working. What the gently caress?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My Sony blu-ray player was doing the same thing. Any time I clicked on Play from the Beginning, it went to the Sheamus match. When I went and used my Roku, it worked just fine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

My Sony blu-ray player was doing the same thing. Any time I clicked on Play from the Beginning, it went to the Sheamus match. When I went and used my Roku, it worked just fine.

I'll try it on a different device. Although at this point I might as well just wait for the replay.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm about 25 minutes behind, zero lag or buffering.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

edit: gently caress

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 27, 2014

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
i had buffering a couple times, but nothing longer than a few seconds.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just got a 30 second ad before the Hell in a Cell recorded show would start playing. I have never gotten an ad on the WWE network before and I thought there weren't supposed to be any?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jerusalem posted:

I just got a 30 second ad before the Hell in a Cell recorded show would start playing. I have never gotten an ad on the WWE network before and I thought there weren't supposed to be any?

It's a recent change to supplement lower than expected subscriber numbers. That's the worst you'll get for PPVs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well boo :mad:

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

I would take a commercial every 30 minutes if I could avoid all the buffering and stream issues during a PPV.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I watched the Goldberg episode of MNW finally. It wasn't terrible. At least they didn't spend a few minutes explaining how the NWO revolutionized wrestling while Vince was insulting audience's intelligence with cartoon characters.

I enjoy how Goldberg really doesn't give a poo poo about wrestling and it just bugs everyone so much.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

TheJoker138 posted:

I worked through the first half of Hell in a Cell, and the "watch from beginning" button isn't working. What the gently caress?

Ghost in the machine

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Probably a bad time to bring this up but Amazon announced the Fire TV Stick today. It will work with the Network. Its normal price is $39, but if you're a Prime member you can get one for $19 for the next few days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GDQ0RMG/ref=sv_aftv_0

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 27, 2014

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

oldpainless posted:

My standard match to put on when nothing specific comes to mind is now any match between The RnR Express and The Midnight Express.

Holy poo poo! I was just thinking about how I basically just subscribe to the network for on demand Flair vs Steamboat and Rock 'n' Roll Express vs Midnight Express.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Probably a bad time to bring this up but Amazon announced the Fire TV Stick today. It will work with the Network. Its normal price is $39, but if you're a Prime member you can get one for $19 for the next few days.

Amazon posted:

This item will be released on November 19th. Due to popular demand, orders placed today are expected to ship after the release date. See delivery date at checkout. Limit one per customer.

Ha, my delivery estimate is December 23, 2014.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 28, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Daniel Bryan posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GDQ0RMG/ref=sv_aftv_0

I have a Chromecast, but $20 is a fair price for a replacement.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jericho episode of MNW was kinda meh. It was basically just the middle bit of his most recent documentary.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Seams posted:

Jericho episode of MNW was kinda meh. It was basically just the middle bit of his most recent documentary.

I have a feeling that is what Rivalries is going to be like.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just so long as they do a Rivalries episode featuring Orton vs. Tables.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Saw this was out in Australia and signed up. Unfortunately it's less "WWE Network" for me and more "WWE Ne[BUFFERING]twork". Seems like it would be good without that problem, but as it is it's seriously annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Open certain ports or something?

It's definitely not my connection since I can stream HD Netflix just fine over a VPN, you'd think WWE Network would be fine, but no.

Edit: missed a word.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 29, 2014

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Astro7x posted:

I have a feeling that is what Rivalries is going to be like.

Huh? Wasnt that Austin/Mcmahon thing after Raw last night the first Rivalries? If so it was pretty good and more in depth than I expected. So in depth it ended on a to be continued and next week they pick up from Austin Phase 2. (Post fused neck)

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Mr Scumbag posted:

Saw this was out in Australia and signed up. Unfortunately it's less "WWE Network" for me and more "WWE Ne[BUFFERING]twork". Seems like it would be good without that problem, but as it is it's seriously annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Open certain ports or something?

It's definitely not my connection since I can stream HD Netflix just fine over a VPN, you'd think WWE Network would be fine, but no.

Edit: missed a word.

I had the same problem with Comcast even though I was getting 15mpbs down. I switched to AT&T with the same speed, and it works perfectly. No idea why that is though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sleepingbuddha posted:

I had the same problem with Comcast even though I was getting 15mpbs down. I switched to AT&T with the same speed, and it works perfectly. No idea why that is though.

all US ISPs are tied to major content providers. They give priority to traffic to their content providers.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

coconono posted:

all US ISPs are tied to major content providers. They give priority to traffic to their content providers.

Elaborating, US ISPs have "peering agreements" which lets data flow faster for certain companies. It's pretty much that "internet fast lane" stuff that they keep spouting, except it's been happening for a while with backbone providers, they just want to make it happen with individual businesses.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The way they keep calling the 80% of Canadians that can't get the WWE Network idiots on PPV is really going over well up here. It's bad enough that they completely botched making it available here without VPN fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Xenoletum posted:

Elaborating, US ISPs have "peering agreements" which lets data flow faster for certain companies. It's pretty much that "internet fast lane" stuff that they keep spouting, except it's been happening for a while with backbone providers, they just want to make it happen with individual businesses.

Oh yeah, I remember Netflix being crappy too until they gave Comcast millions of dollars. Isn't that poo poo supposed to be illegal?