Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
For those who feel like getting some classic horror adventures of mixed quality, Bundle Stars has the complete Dracula series on the cheap included with a bunch of other random horror-themed stuff, ranging from tolerably decent to total crap. Could get a worse deal for 5$, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I forget, how's the response to Anna: Extended Edition? I remember hearing the original was a pile of crap, but that the new one isn't that bad. I saw it for $2 somewhere, figured I might pick it up.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Morpheus posted:

I forget, how's the response to Anna: Extended Edition? I remember hearing the original was a pile of crap, but that the new one isn't that bad. I saw it for $2 somewhere, figured I might pick it up.

It is certainly better than the original. Ending is still kinda weak in my opinion, but it does a good job in scaring you. (It has one of the best scares I've seen in a game.)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Would anyone be up for playing the Ghostbuster game online this week? Be cool to get a small resurgence for it, least for a day anyway.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Terrible pixel hunting gameplay surrounded by genuinely creepy atmosphere and actual good scares. The developers tapped into that fear of feeling like you're being watched and changing details about a room to keep you on edge.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Would anyone be up for playing the Ghostbuster game online this week? Be cool to get a small resurgence for it, least for a day anyway.

If I can get it cheap id be down, hit me up
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sountrustable or shoot me a pm

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Ghostbusters (the good one) is $3 until next Monday.

Some other Halloweeny games like Blood and The Cat Lady showed up in Steam's weeklong deals already, ahead of the big Halloween sale that'll start Thursday morning.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Zombie Samurai posted:

Some other Halloweeny games like Blood and The Cat Lady showed up in Steam's weeklong deals already, ahead of the big Halloween sale that'll start Thursday morning.
You can get The Cat Lady cheaper than directly on steam in this bundle, in addition to a bunch of lovely shooters you probably don't want. But hey, still cheap!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

You can get The Cat Lady cheaper than directly on steam in this bundle, in addition to a bunch of lovely shooters you probably don't want. But hey, still cheap!

Good call. Ooh, and you get KGB Unleashed, too! Share in the terrifying tedium of being a Soviet maintenance man trapped in a bunker!

I am 99% sure I will never give that game another chance.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Cardiovorax posted:

For those who feel like getting some classic horror adventures of mixed quality, Bundle Stars has the complete Dracula series on the cheap included with a bunch of other random horror-themed stuff, ranging from tolerably decent to total crap. Could get a worse deal for 5$, though.

Aren't the Steam vrsions of the Dracula trilogy like, bad ports of the cut-down iPhone ports? I keep hearing that.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Untrustable posted:

If I can get it cheap id be down, hit me up
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sountrustable or shoot me a pm

PC version doesn't have online sadly, just the console ones. :smith:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Alteisen posted:

PC version doesn't have online sadly, just the console ones. :smith:

Who was the loving genius that decided THAT would be a good idea?! :argh:

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Theresia was a couple of horror survival exploration games subtitled Dear Martel and Dear Emile for certain phones as well as a DS port. You negotiated static scenes full of traps and puzzles while you re-examined your memories of the strange and consuming disease that shattered your life and surroundings. Grim, violent and miserable, Theresia's addictive throatcutter of a story and anxiously sympathetic characters went largely overlooked by pretty much everyone and so developer WorkJam died a quiet death before they could finish Theresia II: Dear Lizst.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

There were two games I was waiting to see if al-azad was going to mention in his weird games rundown, and Theresia was one of them. I read an excellent Let's Play of it years ago but it looks like it wasn't archived. Honestly, the game seemed too effective... It looked absolutely miserable to play, but the atmosphere was top-notch. Cheers for mentioning it.

:spooky: The 31 Days Many Games of October :spooky:

Challenge Games
1. Alien: Isolation
2. Year Walk
3. Deadlight
4. Adventures of Shuggy
5. Atom Zombie Smasher
6. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
7. Infected: The Twin Vaccine - Collector's Edition
8. How to Survive
9. 1953 - KGB Unleashed
10. Burn Zombie Burn!
11. Home
12. Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition)
13. Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
14. Scarygirl
15. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
16. Closure
17. Alien Breed 2: Assault
18. F.E.A.R. Online
19. Ghostship Aftermath
20. Hell Yeah!
21. Eldritch
22. The Path
23. Shadowgrounds: Survivor
24. Ghost Master
25. Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
26. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
27. Paranormal State: Poison Spring
28. Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween

Bonus Games
A. Painkiller: Black Edition
B. The Void
C. Shadowgrounds
D. Haunted Memories
E. Serena
F. The Forgotten Ones
G. Blood
H. Shadows: Price For Our Sins
I. Anodyne
J. Vlad the Impaler
K. Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2
L. The House
M. Depths of Fear :: Knossos
N. White Noise Online
O. Eleusis

-----------------

29. Betrayer

Some games click with you immediately. Others you have to warm up to. Honestly, Betrayer was a cold fish the first time I played it. It was slow, it was repetitive, and it just wasn't something I felt like spending time on. But I put in the time, and it didn't take long before I started seeing the brilliance beneath the tough exterior.

You awaken on a beach near a fort in the New World to find the place deserted and bestial conquistadors roaming the countryside. Your only friends are a mysterious lady in red, an equally mysterious merchant, and the sundry spirits haunting the fort and the wilderness. The game is assembled as an open-world mystery, where you are free to explore the VERY expansive map in search of answers, clues, trinkets, and gear scattered about. There's a great deal of walking to be done across the gorgeous environments, but there's a very handy and well-implemented fast travel system that cuts out any possible tedium.

There are a few kinds of foes to face as you explore, and care must be taken in handling them. It's an FPS with a major, MAJOR emphasis on stealth and intelligent approaches to fights. Enemies have basically the same field of vision as you do and will spot you from across fields and valleys. They're just as fast and just as wily about getting hit, and your weapons are limited in their utility. However, shadows and underbrush can hide your approach, gusts of wind can muffle your footsteps, and headshots kill far more effectively. Your bow will be your best friend for much of the game, but the flintlock pistols and muskets have their uses in dispatching single enemies efficiently. You also get a one-hit kill tomahawk with limited range and explosives for when you're feeling overwhelmed. Combat is an involved experience and can get a little repetitive when you really want to get somewhere, but mastering it is a rewarding experience.

The story is intriguing and should keep you moving forward to uncover more and more secrets about the mysterious world you find yourself in. Characters are well-written and there's a very useful journal which holds all your clues and profiles and investigations. There are plenty of items to find, including plot items, interesting trinkets, and equippable gear that improves your abilities. You'll also be helped along by some clever systems like listening for ghostly echoes to point you to places of interest. The sound design is excellent and important, so make sure you have good directional speakers or headphones for this one.

Above all, the atmosphere is top-notch. It's desolate and confounding despite the simple setting, and the graphics push it even further (and can be completely reconfigured, including playing in color, if you don't like them). Betrayer is not a hard game to play but it can be hard to get into, the way it marries open-world exploration and low-tech combat. What I can promise you is that if you give it time and make the effort, you'll be rewarded with an impressive, enthralling experience.

30. Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition

It might sound crazy, but I love this game. I love the whole action-horror movement that Resident Evil 4 spawned, and I love games that don't hold back with their stories. I will tell you right now that Afterfall's plot makes no drat sense. You will not make sense of it, the characters can't make sense of it, and it will twist and barrel through so many turns that by the end you will wonder if it's really the same game. And if you just let go and tag along for the ride, you might just love it too.

Afterfall is the story of Albert Tokaj, the psychologist for the underground Polish vault community known as Glory. World War Whatever destroyed the surface of the Earth and plucky little Poland was prepared, preserving the last of humanity Fallout-style. But something is happening to the people in the lower levels, and our man Albert gets dragged into it. I'm not going to spoil what happens, but I can assure you that it more than lives up to its name. The writing is really rather good in a charming, imperfect way. Additionally the voice actors seem to have quite a bit of fun with it, and while some of them are rather weak, Albert steals the show with his deadpan delivery and weird sense of humor.

In terms of gameplay, you're looking at Dead Space with a few layers less polish. It's third-person with an emphasis on melee combat. You find a number of firearms over the course of your journey, but there are dozens of melee weapons scattered around you can pick up and use temporarily that prove extremely effective. Melee works on a stamina system, linked to your dodging and running, so you can't just swing wildly and expect to win. It takes a little bit of thought and the hit detection and animations are a bit janky, but once you get the hang of it combat is pretty gratifying.

The graphics are surprisingly good for an indie Eastern European title, and there's a TON of content in this game. Possibly too much... some areas can feel terribly stretched out and fighting the same enemies for so long can get tedious. One section in the middle is particularly difficult and lasts a surprisingly long time, as well. But if you can stick with it, Afterfall really is a gem of a game. The mechanics are solid, the characters are interesting, and the story is audacious in its scope. Everyone should give this a chance at least once.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

There were two games I was waiting to see if al-azad was going to mention in his weird games rundown, and Theresia was one of them. I read an excellent Let's Play of it years ago but it looks like it wasn't archived. Honestly, the game seemed too effective... It looked absolutely miserable to play, but the atmosphere was top-notch. Cheers for mentioning it.

The LP is here, if you have SA archives access, but it looks like the death of Waffleimages took the images out of the first four updates. The rest seem to be fine, though.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Time for one last :spooky: BONUS ROUND :spooky: before I wrap things up tonight. Honestly I had forgotten how many walking sims Captain Swing has streamed, and some of them started to blend together in my mind. I went back and edited my review of Doorways because I got its ending confused with that of Coma:Mortuary (Doorways is still conditionally good).

P. Master Reboot

Apparently someone out there thought TRON would make a good horror setting, and they were half right. Master Reboot has you wandering around the Soul Cloud, a digital storage system for dead people. Something has gotten in there and is wreaking havoc, and you must pursue it through the memories of your dead friend. The digital aesthetic lends itself to clean, otherworldly graphics and a unique atmosphere. However, the puzzles don't follow much logic, there are some infuriating jumping puzzles, and the scares are all spooky little girl jumpscares. If you can stomach amateur hour game design it's a unique experience in terms of look and feel, but you're probably better off just watching a Let's Play.

Q. Coma:Mortuary

Man, just look at those screenshots. Dark, moody, detailed. Doesn't that look like a game you want to play? Well, you've already seen just about everything there is to see in this one. Coma casts you as a dead guy roaming the afterlife, narrating his travels in the most matter-of-fact way imaginable. You'll traipse through catacombs and dungeons and workshops and other horror standbys, always by yourself. That's right, there is NO payoff to the atmosphere. No enemies hunt you, no monsters disturb your peaceful walk. God, I can barely remember this game. There ARE enemies, a wall of darkness and some creepy lady that chase you through specific sequences. Outside of those moments it's full atmosphere with some rare switch-pulling puzzles that are hardly puzzles at all. It does have a weird, WEIRD ending that takes the story into crazypants land and promises more in the sequel, but why pay money for a boring preview where nothing not much happens?

R. Montague's Mount

For anyone curious, it turns out Dear Esther is NOT improved by adding vague puzzles and a spooky Poser model child. This one has you explore a dreary Irish island where something horrible killed everyone, but other than a teleporting tot there are no scares to be had here. Just empty shacks and awkward puzzles and lots of backtracking and a terrible, terrible tutorial bit and the beginning. Absolutely not worth your time.

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 29, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Theresia was a couple of horror survival exploration games subtitled Dear Martel and Dear Emile for certain phones as well as a DS port. You negotiated static scenes full of traps and puzzles while you re-examined your memories of the strange and consuming disease that shattered your life and surroundings. Grim, violent and miserable, Theresia's addictive throatcutter of a story and anxiously sympathetic characters went largely overlooked by pretty much everyone and so developer WorkJam died a quiet death before they could finish Theresia II: Dear Lizst.

I actually bought Theresia at the time because it looked and sounded really cool, but for some reason I never actually played it. Is it good?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Sanitarium just showed up on Steam at the discounted price of $6. I actually have the CDs for this one from a bargain bin ages ago, but for some reason I could never get it to run on any of my systems. It's supposed to be a classic horror adventure game, so if this turns out to be a solid port of it I'll probably get it and (hopefully) be able to play it at last.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zombie Samurai posted:

30. Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition
[/b]

It might sound crazy, but I love this game. I love the whole action-horror movement that Resident Evil 4 spawned, and I love games that don't hold back with their stories. I will tell you right now that Afterfall's plot makes no drat sense. You will not make sense of it, the characters can't make sense of it, and it will twist and barrel through so many turns that by the end you will wonder if it's really the same game. And if you just let go and tag along for the ride, you might just love it too.

Afterfall is the story of Albert Tokaj, the psychologist for the underground Polish vault community known as Glory. World War Whatever destroyed the surface of the Earth and plucky little Poland was prepared, preserving the last of humanity Fallout-style. But something is happening to the people in the lower levels, and our man Albert gets dragged into it. I'm not going to spoil what happens, but I can assure you that it more than lives up to its name. The writing is really rather good in a charming, imperfect way. Additionally the voice actors seem to have quite a bit of fun with it, and while some of them are rather weak, Albert steals the show with his deadpan delivery and weird sense of humor.

In terms of gameplay, you're looking at Dead Space with a few layers less polish. It's third-person with an emphasis on melee combat. You find a number of firearms over the course of your journey, but there are dozens of melee weapons scattered around you can pick up and use temporarily that prove extremely effective. Melee works on a stamina system, linked to your dodging and running, so you can't just swing wildly and expect to win. It takes a little bit of thought and the hit detection and animations are a bit janky, but once you get the hang of it combat is pretty gratifying.

The graphics are surprisingly good for an indie Eastern European title, and there's a TON of content in this game. Possibly too much... some areas can feel terribly stretched out and fighting the same enemies for so long can get tedious. One section in the middle is particularly difficult and lasts a surprisingly long time, as well. But if you can stick with it, Afterfall really is a gem of a game. The mechanics are solid, the characters are interesting, and the story is audacious in its scope. Everyone should give this a chance at least once.

So is this game actually any good? The posters in the Steam thread seemed to universally think it was poo poo but I happen to have it from a bundle (probably?) so I'm wondering if I should give it a try now.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

So is this game actually any good? The posters in the Steam thread seemed to universally think it was poo poo but I happen to have it from a bundle (probably?) so I'm wondering if I should give it a try now.

...Yyyyyyyes? My entire review is a big slobbery wordy version of "Everyone should give this a chance at least once." It's low-rent Dead Space to a T, and if that sounds appealing to you in the slightest and you already have it, there's literally no reason not to try it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Hakkesshu posted:

I actually bought Theresia at the time because it looked and sounded really cool, but for some reason I never actually played it. Is it good?
For me it was a very mixed bag that couldn't hold my attention; the story was creepy enough but when there wasn't story it was walking around bland, empty corridors trying not to be killed by invisible traps that you have to trigger with wood. It feels like a VN where they clumsily shoved in game mechanics.

King Vidiot posted:

It's definitely playable and the combat is easy enough to pick up and master (though there's not much depth to it or the initial enemy variety, which makes it drag in the combat section after a while). In regards to the story...it's ummm a clusterfuck that takes a while to get going and once it does it still makes very little sense. It's worth a quick try though, but don't expect anything too amazing.

Also for anyone interested I'm pretty sure it's still being given away free from somewhere like bundlestars, and it's got steam cards so there's free money to be made off it at least.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

...Yyyyyyyes? My entire review is a big slobbery wordy version of "Everyone should give this a chance at least once." It's low-rent Dead Space to a T, and if that sounds appealing to you in the slightest and you already have it, there's literally no reason not to try it.

I wasn't that crazy about Dead Space, but my main issue with the game happened to be that I felt it had too much polish, if that makes sense, like it didn't quite run with the B-movie premise and was too bland and mainstream. Maybe instead of polish what it needed was more Polish :v:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

GamersGate has started its Halloween Sale. If you ever wanted to pick up How To Survive or The Walking Dead: Season 2 on the cheap, now's your chance.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

I wasn't that crazy about Dead Space, but my main issue with the game happened to be that I felt it had too much polish, if that makes sense, like it didn't quite run with the B-movie premise and was too bland and mainstream. Maybe instead of polish what it needed was more Polish :v:

Ahahahahahaha

If that's the case then someone in Poland made this game specifically for you, and we will all be super sad if you don't like it.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Zombie Samurai posted:

P. Master Reboot

Apparently someone out there thought TRON would make a good horror setting, and they were half right. Master Reboot has you wandering around the Soul Cloud, a digital storage system for dead people. Something has gotten in there and is wreaking havoc, and you must pursue it through the memories of your dead friend. The digital aesthetic lends itself to clean, otherworldly graphics and a unique atmosphere. However, the puzzles don't follow much logic, there are some infuriating jumping puzzles, and the scares are all spooky little girl jumpscares. If you can stomach amateur hour game design it's a unique experience in terms of look and feel, but you're probably better off just watching a Let's Play.

The lighting in this really reminds me of Tangiers, an indie stealth game currently in development, which, while it isn't explicitly meant to be a horror game, has a highly surreal, disturbed setting, so it certainly has a distinct horror look and feel to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8le4yWmJyg

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
With Halloween coming around I have been thinking of playing some horror games. I remember I tried out RE4 on the wii a few years back but never finished, partly because I dislike console gaming. It is 20 bucks on Steam, which is a pretty hefty price tag. Is it worth it?

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 29, 2014

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

The Dregs posted:

With Halloween coming around I have been thinking of playing some horror games. I remember I tried out RE4 on the wii a few years back but never finished, partly because I dislike console gaming. It is 20 bucks on Steam, which is a pretty heft price tag. Is it worth it?

It's hard to really say without knowing what kinds of games you like in general, but it was so well received by everyone that it basically kicked off the third person action horror genre. It's equal parts creepy and cheesy, the combat is fun, there's lots to explore, and tons of content to play. I would say either it or Dead Space would be safe bets for more action-oriented horror.

But if you ARE going to get it, be aware that Steam is starting a Halloween sale at 10am tomorrow so you should at least hold off until then.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

The Dregs posted:

With Halloween coming around I have been thinking of playing some horror games. I remember I tried out RE4 on the wii a few years back but never finished, partly because I dislike console gaming. It is 20 bucks on Steam, which is a pretty heft price tag. Is it worth it?
It's 10 bucks here: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/resident-evil-4/ or you can wait till the weekend since there's supposed to be a Steam halloween sale. But from what I've heard it's a very good port, and HD upgrade that's basically using PC mods from years ago.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Oh cool! thanks!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The Dregs posted:

As a game it's certainly worth that much. You can probably get it for cheaper in the discount bin of your local Gamestop, though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cardiovorax posted:

As a game it's certainly worth that much. You can probably get it for cheaper in the discount bin of your local Gamestop, though.

Yeah but dude gave up on it because it's a console game. Clearly he doesn't want it from the discount bin at Gamestop because consoles.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

The Dregs posted:

With Halloween coming around I have been thinking of playing some horror games. I remember I tried out RE4 on the wii a few years back but never finished, partly because I dislike console gaming. It is 20 bucks on Steam, which is a pretty hefty price tag. Is it worth it?

One very big thing to note: I dunno how the Wii version controls at all, but if you're expecting a game with smooth third-person-shooter-type controls, avoid the PC version of RE4 at all costs. The controls are clunkier and more annoying than a thousand steel dog turds.

But if you don't mind your horror games having clunky-rear end controls, then by all means, ignore me and go for it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Doctor Bishop posted:

One very big thing to note: I dunno how the Wii version controls at all, but if you're expecting a game with smooth third-person-shooter-type controls, avoid the PC version of RE4 at all costs. The controls are clunkier and more annoying than a thousand steel dog turds.

New HD version fixes this. Controls are fine now.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Yeah, I hated using the wiimote to point at the screen. I am so used to kb&m thesedays that it has caused me to suck with controllers and I didn't feel like relearning them for one game. I was on the fence for 20 bucks, but I am all over that 10 dollar deal. I won't even be butthurt of it goes on sale for 5.00 tomorrow. I am gonna go kick some Spanish zombies' heads off now. thanks for the tenbux guys.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Doctor Bishop posted:

But if you don't mind your horror games having clunky-rear end controls, then by all means, ignore me and go for it.
Yeah, don't confuse the 2005 PC release of Resident Evil 4 with the recent HD release of the game. They basically did a massive overhaul and it plays a billion times better (on a controller anyway, I've heard some complaints about mouse dead zones).

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I found RE4 HD on the pc worth it. It's still the best of its genre I feel, maybe tied with Dead Space 2. It's going to feel really weird at first. It does show it's age. Q for quickturn, the mouse look fighting with the WASD look. But in an hour I was completely used to it and it was second nature. You'll be suplexing parasite zombies in no time. Resident Evil 4 is still a great game. Especially in light of all the mistakes Evil Within made.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 29, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Resident Evil 4 also features tank controls that are so good, people don't even realize that they are tank controls.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

The Dregs posted:

Yeah, I hated using the wiimote to point at the screen. I am so used to kb&m thesedays that it has caused me to suck with controllers and I didn't feel like relearning them for one game. I was on the fence for 20 bucks, but I am all over that 10 dollar deal. I won't even be butthurt of it goes on sale for 5.00 tomorrow. I am gonna go kick some Spanish zombies' heads off now. thanks for the tenbux guys.

Good on ya. :cheers:

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

Funny that when I say the PC version of Resident Evil 4 controls like rear end, everyone assumes that I played the original version. Nope, it was the HD version, and honestly, I tried playing it with both keyboard+mouse and then with my Xbox controller when the K+M didn't work worth a poo poo. Sorry, but the controls are just plain rear end-tastic, especially going into it expecting something similar to Dead Space after hearing the two games constantly being compared to one another.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Resident Evil 4 also features tank controls that are so good, people don't even realize that they are tank controls.

This is patently false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Really the two major differences between the tank controls (and just control in general) in Resident Evil 4 vs. the earlier Resident Evils is that in Resident Evil 4 you can freely look around and aim, and the camera is soft-locked behind you instead of in fixed positions.

I kinda wonder if Code Veronica would've been better received if it controlled like Resident Evil 4 with a third-person over the shoulder camera.

Doctor Bishop posted:

This is patently false.

And this is just your opinion. :v: