Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I always forget the subtitle for WMXV is "The Rag'n' Climax"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Not sure why they have Cena Vs Booker T for Wrestlemania 22.

WWE have since said it was just a bad poster campaign for that show: http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/10-worst-ppv-posters/page-8

They did a number of posters, but none were good.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Wazzu posted:

WWE have since said it was just a bad poster campaign for that show: http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/10-worst-ppv-posters/page-8

They did a number of posters, but none were good.

IIRC every poster that year, or at least half of that year, was done in a very "minimalistic" style with just an action shot, logo and one of the dudes' names in a simple font somewhere. It's not the worst idea for monthly pay-per-views but for a 'Mania it really doesn't age well.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What was Wrestlemania XI's design supposed to be? I mean nothing says Wrestlemania like a glowing purple cosmic blob, but still.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

sticklefifer posted:

What was Wrestlemania XI's design supposed to be? I mean nothing says Wrestlemania like a glowing purple cosmic blob, but still.
I assumed it was supposed to be Undertaker rising out of a grave, symbolically or otherwise (it kind of looks like a round tombstone in the background) and I know they had done a number of Undertaker COMES BACK feuds in the early/mid 1990s. However the build up for WMXI was that IRS stole his urn in the name of The [Original Dibiase] Corporation and Undertaker had to fight King Kong Bundy with a baseball referee keeping it fair. The year before at the Royal Rumble was the whole "Undertaker is stuck in a casket and buried alive but then takes over the Titantron to say he's unkillable and rises to heaven. He missed Wrestlemania X, and considering they did long term WM to WM booking back then maybe Wrestlemania XI was meant to be his triumphant return but when he came back early to feud with Kamala or whatever, and they went with Lawrence Taylor/Bam Bam Bigelow as their main event, someone just went "ehhh, purple blobs are still pretty sweet."

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I know its not a picture, but I'd love to work for a company that pays a guy just to wander around headquarters scaring people:
http://www.wwe.com/videos/boogeyman-scares-employees-at-wwe-headquarters-26755968

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Sum Mors posted:

I know its not a picture, but I'd love to work for a company that pays a guy just to wander around headquarters scaring people:
http://www.wwe.com/videos/boogeyman-scares-employees-at-wwe-headquarters-26755968

I want to believe Vince did this all on his own. Like, he just disappeared for two hours and when he came back he had all this footage.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Beginning of tonight's Raw, I just happened to pause on this:

:o :o

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Sum Mors posted:

He was terrible in the ring, but Boogey looks like he has so much fun that I can't dislike the guy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sticklefifer posted:

Beginning of tonight's Raw, I just happened to pause on this:

:o :o

even HHH isn't buying this poo poo anymore.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The latest chapter of the webcomic Battlepug

Yep.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Boy, you think you know them....

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's nice for them. I like them

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So he finally let him on his show, Haven. All he had to do was ask on tv.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Sorry for the potential derail, but is Haven any good?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ratedargh posted:

its about on par with a mid-level USA show. a few notches below psyche a little big better than white collar

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

John Cena posted:

its about on par with a mid-level USA show. a few notches below psyche a little big better than white collar

Which is weird, cause it's on Syfy.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Roman Reigns has apparently reformed The Shield with Jeff Gerstmann and Danny O'Dwyer.

...or has Roman Reigns joined RUN GFB? Hmm.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Ratedargh posted:

it's about as good as you could expect a syfy channel original series to be, which is not really good but sometimes watchable

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Delsaber posted:

Roman Reigns has apparently reformed The Shield with Jeff Gerstmann and Danny O'Dwyer.

Dan Ryckert must have been so jealous

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Alastor_the_Stylish fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 29, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Delsaber posted:

Got a video link for this? Doesn't seem to be the latest Lobby.

Also, Jeff is a manager, not a fighter. The New Shield is clearly going to be Doctor Tracksuit and Colon Dee Stroyer.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Another WWE Superstars panel dump! A bit more from 8 and a couple from 9.

This guy is really bad at drawing Cody Rhodes.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
This loving comic is impossibly bad

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Delsaber posted:

I want to take that BOS armor

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Delsaber posted:

What shirt is he wearing there? It almost looks like an Undertaker one, almost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Memento posted:

it's a roman reigns shirt

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Memento posted:

that's his new logo

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

CM Punk helping out D-Bry with his telekinetic powers. Also staring at his butt.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel like whoever is drawing that comic is drawing that badly in a effort to be fired or something. Someone can't legitimately be drawing that and is happy with the end product.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sum Mors posted:

CM Punk helping out D-Bry with his telekinetic powers. Also staring at his butt.

I'm pretty sure that's a direct and totally out of place copy of a Punk promo shot.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Congratulations, San Francisco Giants. My dad can sleep a happy man tonight. Now please give Daniel Bryan his catchphrase back.

http://instagram.com/p/uwvUoRyVCc/?modal=true

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

animeluva1 posted:

Congratulations, San Francisco Giants. My dad can sleep a happy man tonight. Now please give Daniel Bryan his catchphrase back.

http://instagram.com/p/uwvUoRyVCc/?modal=true

not to be a buzzkill but his muscle loss is super noticeable :(

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

nothing a quick cycle won't fix

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Hornswoggle's face...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a direct and totally out of place copy of a Punk promo shot.

Those 6-pack abs sure aren't.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

oatgan posted:

that's his new logo

So you're saying Roman Reigns is the new Undertaker?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

oldpainless posted:

I feel like whoever is drawing that comic is drawing that badly in a effort to be fired or something. Someone can't legitimately be drawing that and is happy with the end product.

From what I understand, Papercutz pays their artists really badly. Like $20 per page or something in that ballpark.

I've looked the guy up on GIS and his stuff is still pretty bad when he puts forth the effort, but not nearly on WWE Superstars' level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rhonne posted:

So you're saying Roman Reigns is the new Undertaker?

Undefeated at Wrestlemania baybay!