Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, I voted in that a few weeks back. Voted for Gundam Spiegel, even though I realize it'll probably never make it in. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It'd be cool to see the 00Q, such a badass suit and didn't get nearly enough screentime in the movie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

It'd be cool to see the 00Q, such a badass suit and didn't get nearly enough screentime in the movie.

Whoever wins this will probably gets ~30 seconds of screentime and be blown up by an Acguy, to be fair.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh I see, the poll started on October 8th. The Destiny probably got all of its votes before the OP revealed it.

Incidentally you can vote daily.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Whoever wins this will probably gets ~30 seconds of screentime and be blown up by an Acguy, to be fair.

hey better than nothing :shobon:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder how the dynamics of gunpla building are going to play out. So far the only character thats shown any inclinations of building new things is Fumina. Yuuma seems to preoccupied in tuning his machine to the limit and Sekai...well he's Sekai. Maybe Yuuma will get the drive when he gets his rear end owned again by the kitbash hell gundam.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 29, 2014

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
...Phoenix Gundam? Sisquiede? I can't say I was expecting those choices. :psyduck:

Hahahaa and the Deep Striker. Yeah that's showing up as a blink-and-you'll-miss-it suit or the animators might start rioting.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I like how one of the powers of Ral's Gouf is apparently to completely change the field being played on

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Three people for a mobile armor? gently caress, so much for the best mobile armor...

Not Gundam but it would rule in BF Try anyway :colbert:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pyroi posted:

Deserts are like oceans.

Only made of sand. And with less water.

You laugh, but Gundam AGE.

Also, I'm really glad to see the ExS on that list.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

...Phoenix Gundam? Sisquiede? I can't say I was expecting those choices. :psyduck:

Hahahaa and the Deep Striker. Yeah that's showing up as a blink-and-you'll-miss-it suit or the animators might start rioting.
Yeah, if they actually animate Deep Striker, I'll be genuinely shocked because that thing is just as bulky than the goddamn Orchis. Seriously, look at this thing:

Then again, Woundwort (and its variants) has its own crazy design quirks that'd make animating it...interesting, to say the least.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Let's face it, even if the Deep Striker ever got animated, it's not like the design is really made for complex movement. It's basically a bunch of cannons with rockets strapped to it. They can get away with the bare minimum.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It'd be a model on display. :v:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Man, I really do not like any of the S Gundam designs. They're all incredibly overdesigned and overdetailed, like those people who add ten billion "WARNING" and serial number decals on every plate of their Gunpla's armor. The EX-S also looks like it's about to fall over at any given point.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I voted for Imperial Rig Shokew. :(

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Kanos posted:

Man, I really do not like any of the S Gundam designs. They're all incredibly overdesigned and overdetailed, like those people who add ten billion "WARNING" and serial number decals on every plate of their Gunpla's armor. The EX-S also looks like it's about to fall over at any given point.

Have you met my friend Hajime Katoki? He was responsible for the Sentinel side-story in the late 80's. He is now one of Bandai's go-to guys for Gundam (and other franchises) designs and redesigns, and has his own signature toy and model kit lines.

Blame him.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Katoki's stuff is pretty much made to look pretty on a shelf, not actually move.

Don't be knocking his redesigns though, those usually end up pretty neat.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts
Having new episodes as an early part of my Wednesday's is really brightening the middle of my week up.

I don't like that the show made it seem like there's a MG Quin Mantha kit though. Not that this is in any way important, but do you assume that that's supposed to be a sign that New Mao is such a talented builder he kitbashed this MG quality build? Or, seeing as how Gunpla is so popular in this universe, can we assume that the MG line is much larger there?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I am glad Katoki learned a bit of restraint in the 90s, since Sentinel took everything that was goofy about ZZ's designs and turned them up to 11.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mecha Gojira posted:

Have you met my friend Hajime Katoki? He was responsible for the Sentinel side-story in the late 80's. He is now one of Bandai's go-to guys for Gundam (and other franchises) designs and redesigns, and has his own signature toy and model kit lines.

Blame him.

TNG posted:

I am glad Katoki learned a bit of restraint in the 90s, since Sentinel took everything that was goofy about ZZ's designs and turned them up to 11.

This. Katoki has a certain style but that style does not necessarily equate to "Gundam that fell into a giant pile of trash at a junk heap" like the EX-S and Deep Striker. He has plenty of clean designs that don't look like that.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

Huh. I like the S Gundam, but the other designs — the Ex-S, the Deep Striker, and all of that — are too... Katoki.

Voted for the Xi. Animated Hathaway's Flash suit represent!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it's great Blue Destiny got a chance to make an appearance.:allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Shinjobi posted:

I think it's great Blue Destiny got a chance to make an appearance.:allears:

Both BD units showed up in the first season, animated even. 02 tried to punch 01 but got clocked instead because the 02 was using 1/100th arms. If I was home I'd post a gif of it I have.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Both BD units showed up in the first season, animated even. 02 tried to punch 01 but got clocked instead because the 02 was using 1/100th arms. If I was home I'd post a gif of it I have.

More BD. Always more. I don't know why I love the thing, might have something to do with how much I love the Gouf, but the Blue Destiny rules.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'd rather see more of the Efreet Custom behind it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

dragon enthusiast posted:

I like how one of the powers of Ral's Gouf is apparently to completely change the field being played on

I think that was just because it was a training match.

Chewbacca posted:

Or, seeing as how Gunpla is so popular in this universe, can we assume that the MG line is much larger there?

Most likely this. Those lucky bastards probably also got more G Gundam MGs than we got.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Chewbacca posted:

I don't like that the show made it seem like there's a MG Quin Mantha kit though. Not that this is in any way important, but do you assume that that's supposed to be a sign that New Mao is such a talented builder he kitbashed this MG quality build? Or, seeing as how Gunpla is so popular in this universe, can we assume that the MG line is much larger there?
Yeah, that's gotta be, like, a 1/60 scale, right?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It's the upcoming unannounced RE 1/100 Quin Mantha.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Remember: The Quin Mantha is the same size as the Psyco Gundam.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

Mecha Gojira posted:

Remember: The Quin Mantha is the same size as the Psyco Gundam.

I mean yeah, it looked in the show like it was just a 1/144 but Sekai clearly states its a 1/100 Master Grade.

Presumably it was easy to produce since they already had a frame from the Master Grade Kshatriya to use. :jerkbag: It's perfectly reasonable to feel jealousy for a fictional teenager's access to imaginary plastic models of robots, right?

Chewbacca fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 30, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Shinjobi posted:

More BD. Always more. I don't know why I love the thing, might have something to do with how much I love the Gouf, but the Blue Destiny rules.

Well, here is your Blue Destiny Punch Out!! featuring 1/100th Gorilla Arms. :v:

And as usual, I got the BD unit numbers mixed up. Can never remember which is which.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I liked how Fumina and Sekai took Sakai's words to heart without getting defensive or even "man, what an rear end in a top hat". They just took in what he had said and sought to improve themselves. That never quite happens in reality but I'm thankful it happened.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly the only mecha thing I can think of that's actually crewed rather than being one or a two person team is one of the robots from obscure Capcom 3D fighting game Tech Romancer/Kikaioh.

The Gunbuster. :colbert:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Amphibious mobile suits are the most sensual and powerful type of all the gunpla, the future of mechanized plastic warfare rests on their noble and strong shoulders. Other robots pale in comparison and I can't wait to see what contrived excuse they come up with for how it could ever be possible for a Kapool to lose to anything, because of how inherently insane that concept is.

This is pretty definitely an emptyquote.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Dai-Guard. You can even pretend it just has a fancy V-Fin if you squint hard enough. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly the only mecha thing I can think of that's actually crewed rather than being one or a two person team is one of the robots from obscure Capcom 3D fighting game Tech Romancer/Kikaioh.

Wise Duck didn't even need no pansy-rear end jump like other robots, it just shot the gently caress out of them :clint:. It's actually based on the Monster Destroid from Macross/Robotech, incidentally. Though that isn't really saying much, considering all the game's playable fighters were homages to one giant robot or another.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

I liked how Fumina and Sekai took Sakai's words to heart without getting defensive or even "man, what an rear end in a top hat". They just took in what he had said and sought to improve themselves. That never quite happens in reality but I'm thankful it happened.

Yeah, I was really surprised. Like, they didn't even notice how rude he was being or anything. Just "this man has taught me a great lesson!"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

John Carstairs posted:

Dai-Guard. You can even pretend it just has a fancy V-Fin if you squint hard enough. :v:

Dai-Guard, for being a comedic show in which the giant robot fighting is largely the B-Plot, probably has one of the more realistic 3-person setups I've seen. One person to actually focus on moving the robot around, one person to focus on radar/intel/navigation details, and one person for machine diagnostics/engineering fuckery.

Schneider Heim posted:

Yeah I laughed pretty hard at this, because Mao 2.0 has this whole entitled I HOPE I TAUGHT YOU THAT YOU GUYS AIN'T WORTH poo poo stinger line and all Fumina and Sekai can think of is "huh, that gives me an idea on how I can get better! Thanks, random dude!"

Monathin fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 30, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Monathin posted:

Yeah I laughed pretty hard at this, because Mao 2.0 has this whole entitled I HOPE I TAUGHT YOU THAT YOU GUYS AIN'T WORTH poo poo stinger line and all Fumina and Sekai can think of is "huh, that gives me an idea on how I can get better! Thanks, random dude!"

Further cementing that Sekai and Fumina are the best, and that Yuuma is a trashbaby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
According to /m/'s analysis the Destiny Gundam is detailed enough to see that whoever built the thing had next to no idea what the gently caress s/he was doing.

That just gets me more excited to see it in action.

• Locked thread