Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

3 picks at a time and the 24 hour clock for three more doesn't start until you pick them (which is super dumb)

That's what I thought. I'm running into a glitch where the clock doesn't restart until I claim a prize, so trying to hold cards is useless right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I really like myLeague mode. Having a league filled with loads of prime Hall of Fame players is a ton of fun.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Spacebump posted:

I really like myLeague mode. Having a league filled with loads of prime Hall of Fame players is a ton of fun.

Does it take a long time to set that up?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Duggler posted:

Does it take a long time to set that up?

Not really, just make sure you set it to multiple seasons. Maybe around 5-10 minutes. You will probably end up getting rid of some franchises and having multiple Lakers and Celtics teams.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Millen Buckaroo posted:

That's what I thought. I'm running into a glitch where the clock doesn't restart until I claim a prize, so trying to hold cards is useless right now.

are you holding 3 cards or 6?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I'm gonna try to setup my league to be completely homegrown teams at the start. Should be a fun experiment.

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

are you holding 3 cards or 6?

None right now. From what I can tell, there is a glitch where if you have claimed a player or enhancement prize it does something to screw up how the clock works. Apparently there is a a patch in the works to fix this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hilarious things happen when you mix teams from across eras. One of the Knicks teams in MyLeague is coached by Fisher and signed Fisher out from under the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. Phil Jackson went to the modern Bulls during his free agency.

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
Anyone tried playing PC version online from Australia? I've seen calls from a bunch of people calling for an Asia server but it seems like a long shot.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I tried mypark once and it was awful for me as an aussie

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
I'm getting a crash to desktop in the dunk contest. It seems like there's a certain dunk that if it gets attempted kills the game for whatever reason. From my limited experimentation, it's the Whirling Dervish, but it seems like there might be some other dunks that just make the game eat a dick for no reason.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Emery posted:

I'm getting a crash to desktop in the dunk contest. It seems like there's a certain dunk that if it gets attempted kills the game for whatever reason. From my limited experimentation, it's the Whirling Dervish, but it seems like there might be some other dunks that just make the game eat a dick for no reason.

There should be a crash report in %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K15\

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
{77e6d4a}
a7dc6e730009ce8a
84c05e40000a1137
84c05e400008340f
84c05e400009431d
84c05e4000053057
84c05e40000934de
d6520a
e2c3f8
d77f6f
d771cd
d76afb
d82605
d87c6b
d84efb
d68690
4ab716
4abd8c
43df43
f2e3ef
6ae69f02000016ad
84c05e4000054409

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Emery posted:

Chaos dunk? :D

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I have no idea why but everytime the game crashes there is never a crash report in the appdata/roaming/2ksports/nba2k15 folder.

I just had the game crash immediately after one of those coaching lessons with the slides and stuff. The two things he talked about were patient offense and crashing the defensive glass. As soon as he was done talking it just went straight to desktop.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

All star team up is both the most hilarious and frustrating mode in the game. And one of the only modes you can play online with friends in the same room.

I'm hoping for more modes in future 2Ks that allow you to be just one player/position . It'd be great for myleague if you wanted to be an already established nba star. I prefer it to controlling a whole team.

Faxanadu fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 29, 2014

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

Faxanadu posted:

I'm hoping for more modes in future 2Ks that allow you to be just one player/position . It'd be great for myleague if you wanted to be an already established nba star. I prefer it to controlling a whole team.

In some gameplay modes (exhibition games, myGM I think, not sure about others?) if you go to "Controller Settings" in the Options menu, there should be a thing called "Preferred Position" where you can select a specific person/position, i.e. if you're the Cavs and you choose SF, you'll only control Lebron. Whenever Lebron gets subbed out, you just take control of whoever comes in to replace him. Though I don't remember how this handles, for example, if Lebron gets subbed back in at PF - but it could be worth checking out.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I haven't read through much of the thread outside of the OP, so if these questions have been asked, just let me know where they are answered!

I haven't played an NBA game since NBA 2K11, and I feel like going through a season on my ps4. Should I get 2K14 for around $20 or should I just buy 2K15 for $60? I'm not too concerned about the most up-to-date rosters or anything.

The stuff I am most interested in are going through franchise mode, either with the Mavericks in-game roster or doing a fantasy draft (if those are in either game). Do either of the games offer fantasy team draft for a franchise? Also, I saw someone mention on this page that they have a bunch of Hall of Famers in their game. Would I be able to intiate a fantasy draft involving legends as well (in either game)?

I'm open to paying the extra $40 for the newest game if it adds alot and has more depth. But if the games are pretty similar, then I'm not worried about updated rosters or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

I haven't read through much of the thread outside of the OP, so if these questions have been asked, just let me know where they are answered!

I haven't played an NBA game since NBA 2K11, and I feel like going through a season on my ps4. Should I get 2K14 for around $20 or should I just buy 2K15 for $60? I'm not too concerned about the most up-to-date rosters or anything.

The stuff I am most interested in are going through franchise mode, either with the Mavericks in-game roster or doing a fantasy draft (if those are in either game). Do either of the games offer fantasy team draft for a franchise? Also, I saw someone mention on this page that they have a bunch of Hall of Famers in their game. Would I be able to intiate a fantasy draft involving legends as well (in either game)?

I'm open to paying the extra $40 for the newest game if it adds alot and has more depth. But if the games are pretty similar, then I'm not worried about updated rosters or anything.

Hey Havoc. I don't own the game but the answers should be yes and yes on 15. Adding legends to the roster FA pool using the roster control settings should allow you to have them in a fantasy draft. Both games have the fantasy draft option but i'm not sure of the old timers option. That may only be for 15. I'll be picking up 15 in the next few days and 14 was pretty darn good. I think you'll like it. More realistic than madden.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

2k15 for PS3 appears to be more or less identical to 2k14. Cool

E: I mean I guess I understand that all of the resources and effort is going to be put towards the next gen consoles and it probably should be but drat

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 30, 2014

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel bad Jimmy Butler came and recruited me and now he's on the bench when I signed. Also feel bad Doc Rivers replaced Thibs after he just won coach of the year and the NBA title. I think one day I'm going to find the PR lady and my high school coach getting it on in the tunnel after a game.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Declan MacManus posted:

2k15 for PS3 appears to be more or less identical to 2k14. Cool

E: I mean I guess I understand that all of the resources and effort is going to be put towards the next gen consoles and it probably should be but drat

Did they add anything to replace LeBron Mode, or is it just a straight roster update?

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

the wildest turkey posted:

In some gameplay modes (exhibition games, myGM I think, not sure about others?) if you go to "Controller Settings" in the Options menu, there should be a thing called "Preferred Position" where you can select a specific person/position, i.e. if you're the Cavs and you choose SF, you'll only control Lebron. Whenever Lebron gets subbed out, you just take control of whoever comes in to replace him. Though I don't remember how this handles, for example, if Lebron gets subbed back in at PF - but it could be worth checking out.

Oh yeah! I saw that option before. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Havoc904 posted:

2k15 is far superior than 2k14 on ps4. The presentation is much better and myLeague seems to be the mode you want to play, which isn't present in 2k14.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I impulse bought $10 worth of VC to buy the throwback MyTeam packs. That was enough to get three packs and got Victor Claver, Adreian Payne, and Tim Hardaway Jr, whom I already had. Serves me right.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Strawberry Panda posted:

2k15 is far superior than 2k14 on ps4. The presentation is much better and myLeague seems to be the mode you want to play, which isn't present in 2k14.

thompson posted:

Hey Havoc. I don't own the game but the answers should be yes and yes on 15. Adding legends to the roster FA pool using the roster control settings should allow you to have them in a fantasy draft. Both games have the fantasy draft option but i'm not sure of the old timers option. That may only be for 15. I'll be picking up 15 in the next few days and 14 was pretty darn good. I think you'll like it. More realistic than madden.

Thanks! Both of these posts and some reading on google convinced me it was worth it to spend the extra money. I will go see if there is a goon league in progress to join. I am going to be complete crap for a long time, but hey, at least I can get in some online experience without a bunch of online cheese play.

Thompson, let me know if you want to play some games online after you pick up the game. I'm pretty excited to see how the league will play out with a fantasy draft involving all of those legend players I saw listed.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

Thanks! Both of these posts and some reading on google convinced me it was worth it to spend the extra money. I will go see if there is a goon league in progress to join. I am going to be complete crap for a long time, but hey, at least I can get in some online experience without a bunch of online cheese play.

Thompson, let me know if you want to play some games online after you pick up the game. I'm pretty excited to see how the league will play out with a fantasy draft involving all of those legend players I saw listed.

For sure. I just ordered the game and should have it Saturday from Amazon. I'm pretty decent due to the fact that I also play a lot of basketball and I think the realness of this game allows that to help with my play, especially once you learn post moves and such. It's really fun and I think you made a good choice in ordering the new one.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.
So I made a 3/4 court shot in MyPark. I shot from the opposite free throw line on accident, I mean to pass and hit X like a big dumbo, but made it. Just dropping in to say "lol 2k". I was playing with hopterque and Frank Eufemia and we all died laughing. We won the game too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It was glorious.

I wish the parks weren't segregated on PC though, it sure was a pain to find a way to be able to play in my populated euroscum park with them.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

MC2552John posted:

So I made a 3/4 court shot in MyPark. I shot from the opposite free throw line on accident, I mean to pass and hit X like a big dumbo, but made it. Just dropping in to say "lol 2k". I was playing with hopterque and Frank Eufemia and we all died laughing. We won the game too.

unlike the full court shot you threw up earlier today

we need more goons in the park. Rivet City motherfuckers

add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/trillberg

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
So I just dominated in the rising stars game on the all star weekend, and then smashed the cpu in the 3 point comp :D The rising star game was a little annoying, because Jabari Parker must have missed about 5 or 6 open threes that I got the ball to him for. Finding it really hard to get my first double double with 6 minute quarters, come close a few times but no dice.

And yea I'm also in rivet city.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/UnrealSt3v3/

Oh, and I just had another game against the clippers, and CP3 must have been injured or they traded him away because the clippers didnt go for a single alley-oop this time, and nate robinson was starting for them.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I love the MyPlayer mode. They just handed me the keys to the Knicks franchise as a 69 overall PG.

lmao - Tho, I don't think Melo ever misses, so my assist totals are gonna be through the roof.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

I love the MyPlayer mode. They just handed me the keys to the Knicks franchise as a 69 overall PG.

lmao - Tho, I don't think Melo ever misses, so my assist totals are gonna be through the roof.

What does that mean? You get to control who the team trades for?

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Holyshoot posted:

What does that mean? You get to control who the team trades for?

Nah I think he's just referring to the fact that he's the starting PG now.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Faxanadu posted:

AND THEY PUT ME IN A PRESS CONFERENCE WITH THE NEW COACH

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Faxanadu posted:

Weak. I need a good rebounder for the suns who can score decently.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Has anyone gotten the big 3 tweet thing to work? Where you tweet to a player or two and ask them to start a dynasty with you.

EEdit gently caress you loving cheating portland trailblazers playing lillard for loving 47 mins. Go gently caress yourself.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 2, 2014

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Has anyone gotten the big 3 tweet thing to work? Where you tweet to a player or two and ask them to start a dynasty with you.

EEdit gently caress you loving cheating portland trailblazers playing lillard for loving 47 mins. Go gently caress yourself.

I tweeted Joakim Noah because I needed someone who isn't Julius Randle down low and he agreed if I could make the trade happen somehow, but I have no idea how to talk to the GM or coach to try to get a trade going.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Emery posted:

I tweeted Joakim Noah because I needed someone who isn't Julius Randle down low and he agreed if I could make the trade happen somehow, but I have no idea how to talk to the GM or coach to try to get a trade going.

I also didn't realize you can get VC by clicking on your agent's tweets for sponsorship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Looks like kobe just had a game like my dude and still couldn't pull off a win. I had a triple double and still lost to the blazers for my last regular season game.

• Locked thread