Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Got both tickets (broken windshield and speeding) dismissed in court today. I'd been stressing out about how I was going to pay the fines, now I don't have to. Feels good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

bolind posted:

By the way, isn't it the time of year for AI:SS?
I'm in, hell yes.

alternate.eago posted:

I wish I could send longer snaps. Then you could enjoy me raging at the DC traffic.
Scatman snap was pretty good this morning.

Had some downtime this morning so shopped insurance for the old cars. Have had the M3 through Hagerty since I got it, looks like Grundy will insure it and the 320i (with 5k higher value on M3) for 1/3 the price.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Bajaha posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy :ohdearsass:

Do i get double santas this year?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Preoptopus posted:

So just got back from wrenching on a buddies car. We were grabbing parts from his parts car he had sitting in a garage since an accident this winter. Every rusty surface on this loving thing was covered in small dark black droplet like growths that when popped had a oil like residue. What the gently caress did I just touch/breath? Some crazy reaction from a leaking battery or something? Or an alien symbiote slowing manifesting itself.

John dies at the end, all over again.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

bolind posted:

By the way, isn't it the time of year for AI:SS?

oh gently caress yes

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
On the one hand, I feel like I'd make a terrible santa - on the other, I kind of want in. hmmmm.

Speaking of, where has sock been? Haven't seen him around lately. I know wife/kids/work is busy, but at least make an appearance man, you've got an SS to run! :godwin:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 223 days!)

ssjonizuka posted:

Speaking of, where has sock been? Haven't seen him around lately.

His driveway and garage were declared a superfund site and he was evacuated.

E: Yesterday was half-warm. Today is all-cold. Still considering taking the wiper arms off derFerd and painting them because they look like rear end (much like the rest of the drat thing).

E2: Looking for a manual hatch on CL again, because I don't have enough problems. :shepicide:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 30, 2014

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I've just PM'ed with him and he said he'll start up AI:SS after Halloween!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Viggen posted:

E2: Looking for a manual hatch on CL again, because I don't have enough problems. :shepicide:

Not a manual, but goddamn, this thing has been for sale since I purchased my Mini 9 months ago: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4721970544.html

You need this, hell.. I need this.. :shepicide:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

some texas redneck posted:

Downside is the dress code at the Neighborhood Market stores is slightly stricter, in that I can only wear khakis (regular WalMarts allow black or khaki, and almost every pair of pants I own is black), and my shirt HAS to be a dark green collared shirt (a shirt that's been surprisingly hard to find for a decent price - I lucked out and found one priced at $21.99 at Kohl's the other day, and it rang up as $4.99.. but it was the last medium they had). No hoodies allowed, and I own only one regular jacket (regular stores allow hoodies as well as jackets).

You have to buy your own work clothes as a store employee?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

You have to buy your own work clothes as a store employee?

There was a big hub bub over this recently, WM changed their dress code and it's causing a ton of strife.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

keykey posted:

Not a manual, but goddamn, this thing has been for sale since I purchased my Mini 9 months ago: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4721970544.html

You need this, hell.. I need this.. :shepicide:

Ya sunnabitch. I wonder if they'll take an Explorer in trade. I've never been a fan of wagons. They have their use, but I just don't like them. Also, I've fixed/flipped a couple of "breeders'" cars. They're the most disgusting. Always.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 30, 2014

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Well I got an offer for that job I interviewed for almost 2 weeks ago...but its not looking nearly as appealing as I thought it would be.

no pay bump, move to a nonunion job, and still on first shift.

I was potentially looking at a 15-20k salary bump between the new job and 2nd shift pay differential but this seriously sucks because I really want to escape this current job but i'm not sure this is the right way to go.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Viggen posted:

Ya sunnabitch. I wonder if they'll take an Explorer in trade. I've never been a fan of wagons. They have their use, but I just don't like them. Also, I've fixed/flipped a couple of "breeders'" cars. They're the most disgusting. Always.

That rear drivers side seat definitely has kid that spilled poo poo in a car seat written all over it.. Probably juice that sat in the sun all day. Another thing that always pissed me off when I was detailing or looking at cars at auction was the tell tale sign that a female used way too much hand lotion that left the drivers door handle faded white and breaks down the coating on a steering wheel.

BraveUlysses posted:

Are there any pro's at all?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

Well I got an offer for that job I interviewed for almost 2 weeks ago...but its not looking nearly as appealing as I thought it would be.

I was potentially looking at a 15-20k salary bump between the new job and 2nd shift pay differential but this seriously sucks because I really want to escape this current job but i'm not sure this is the right way to go.

Depending on how bad you want out of your current job, take the offer and work your way up to the shift/salary you want. Or play hardball and tell them you want 2nd shift, or at the least get them to guarantee they will move you to 2nd after a probational period or something.

They probably want to see how you do before giving you what you want.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

keykey posted:

That rear drivers side seat definitely has kid that spilled poo poo in a car seat written all over it.. Probably juice that sat in the sun all day. Another thing that always pissed me off when I was detailing or looking at cars at auction was the tell tale sign that a female used way too much hand lotion that left the drivers door handle faded white and breaks down the coating on a steering wheel.

Yeah, well, on the NG900 I fixed up a couple years ago, it was filled with various bits of spongebob styled candy, petrified McDonalds fries, various bits of sugary-cereal used as snacks, juice/soda spills- and that wasn't even the gross stuff. Needless to say I was happier working on the B204 than I was cleaning the interior. Never remove the seats. Never. It will not end well. :barf:

Almost every used SAAB that I've owned has had enough lotion wear to take the imprinting off of the signals on the stalks. This is at a 70:30 percentage of male:female (Architects seem to love their "lotion" :stonklol:).

keykey posted:

Are there any pro's at all?

Different job.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

bolind posted:

I've just PM'ed with him and he said he'll start up AI:SS after Halloween!

Not sure if I should go in on this. I'm already doing my traditional GWS one...

You guys like candy and alcohol, right? :D

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Not sure if I should go in on this. I'm already doing my traditional GWS one...

You guys like candy and alcohol, right? :D

Aren't some AI goons big on Fireball? I think someone's figured out why: http://gawker.com/fireball-whiskey-recalled-in-europe-over-antifreeze-ing-1652252992

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Just chiming in that I hate Ohio and I hate not having a fun car to drive anymore.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Last night I found out that the Miata has been off a tooth as long as we've owned it.

When I did the timing belt in July, I locked the cams in place since the car ran just fine. I had to replace the water pump last week (again) due to the new gasket failing, but didn't lock the cams as it was disassembled in a fit of rage.

One I got it all back together it ran like crap, I figured I was a tooth off or something... Well last night I realign all the marks and count the teeth again and the mechanical timing is right on!

Ignition timing is almost 20 degrees retarded, reset base timing, reset idle, and bam! Runs like a brand new car! This would probably explain why it pings in the hot summer months with the AC on!

I'll probably miss it when I sell it.
/sarcasm

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

blk posted:

Aren't some AI goons big on Fireball? I think someone's figured out why: http://gawker.com/fireball-whiskey-recalled-in-europe-over-antifreeze-ing-1652252992

Pfft. Its propylene glycol, as seen in quite a bit of fast foods. Now if it was ethylene glycol, there'd be a reason to get panties in a wad.

E: Must. Resist. Urge. To. Watch. Forensic Files.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Viggen posted:

Pfft. Its propylene glycol, as seen in quite a bit of fast foods. Now if it was ethylene glycol, there'd be a reason to get panties in a wad.

E: Must. Resist. Urge. To. Watch. Forensic Files.

Agreed. The people running around spewing about ANTIFREEZE IN FIREBALL!!!!! are either misinformed and should shut the gently caress up till they have learned what they're talking about, or have an agenda. Or are ridiculous new age hippie types who haven't got a loving clue what they're on about and probably also are self diagnosed gluten allergics.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I've been waiting all year for AISS. Didn't meet the postcount requirement for last year's. I have an awesome thing to give away.

bend
Dec 31, 2012
So Im an idiot, a very lucky idiot. I realised yesterday that when they built the house I'm in now, the process of flattening the hill side and all that poo poo opened up the pay layer. In all my loving around prospecting I didn't sample the backyard, and yesterday I was doing a bit of clean up work prior to the move and discovered that 10 feet from the back door there's a patch where I can easily pan 1-3 gram a day. I've got a pan on the desk with about 2 gram in it and that's just the larger stuff.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Yeah, AI:SS soon. I started it a touch early last year.

Also need to check my logs from last year as there was one naughty goon who never sent his poo poo.

Also been busy with music poo poo since it usually doesn't involve leaving the house (thus still "watching" the kids).

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I have awesome poo poo to send for aiss this year. Bring it the gently caress ON. :quagmire:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Tommychu posted:

I've been waiting all year for AISS. Didn't meet the postcount requirement for last year's. I have an awesome thing to give away.

What were the postcount requirements? Do I need to start spamming pictures of my Volvo?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

CornHolio posted:

What were the postcount requirements? Do I need to start spamming pictures of my Volvo?

It's all at my discretion anyways, so it doesn't really 100% matter. Mind you,
I've been out of the car scene here for so long I'll actually have to check profiles this year

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CornHolio posted:

Am I terrible for hoping you never meet somebody so we can continue to read trolling exploits such as this?

I'm on that track, because the only thing I'm better at than trolling Tinder is ruining relationships. :v:

Sometimes I think about all of the time I spend on Tinder, and get sad because I could have spent that time working on a hobby and I'd probably be really good at it by now.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

I'm on that track, because the only thing I'm better at than trolling Tinder is ruining relationships. :v:

Sometimes I think about all of the time I spend on Tinder, and get sad because I could have spent that time working on a hobby and I'd probably be really good at it by now.

Trolling Tinder is a hobby though!

Not being in a relationship provides more time for working on cars, and you don't have to clear a new purchase with anybody but yourself! :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I could start posting scruff fails if you fuckers wanted to see gay trolling.

E:(scruff is one of several gay versions of tindr..or a hookup app or whatever you'd like to group it as)

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 30, 2014

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

kastein posted:

Agreed. The people running around spewing about ANTIFREEZE IN FIREBALL!!!!! are either misinformed and should shut the gently caress up till they have learned what they're talking about, or have an agenda. Or are ridiculous new age hippie types who haven't got a loving clue what they're on about and probably also are self diagnosed gluten allergics.

It's probably the same group that got mad about having yoga mats in their bread or w/e it was a few months ago.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
i have plenty of free time just no motivation to do anything with it because i don't know how to give a poo poo about myself

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Alighieri posted:

It's probably the same group that got mad about having yoga mats in their bread or w/e it was a few months ago.

To be fair it was subway and their food is pretty lovely, regardless of what kind of stupid fillers they put in the bread.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Alighieri posted:

It's all the idiots who would fall for the dihydrogen monoxide ban prank, basically. So yes.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

quote:

Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
Contributes to soil erosion.
Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

:v::v::v::v::v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

rscott posted:

i have plenty of free time just no motivation to do anything with it because i don't know how to give a poo poo about myself

Well, not a lot of free time, but definitely enough to get more done than I do. I just can't find the will to care about things when I can't afford to do them the right way.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 30, 2014

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

I could start posting scruff fails if you fuckers wanted to see gay trolling.

E:(scruff is one of several gay versions of tindr..or a hookup app or whatever you'd like to group it as)

These are the funniest drat things I ever seen and I get so excited when I see you post a new one.

Also I am so tired about this stupid bitch in northern maine who probably doesnt have ebola but if it broke out it would really be no loss to lose all the cousin fuckin' idiots up there. I am surprised, with all of this I didn't realize we had so many ebola experts in this state :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Heres a common one.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

kastein posted:

It's all the idiots who would fall for the dihydrogen monoxide ban prank, basically. So yes.

Needs more Bonsai Kittens.

e: Bonsai Kittens on a HFCS antifreeze drip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Slow is Fast posted:

Also I am so tired about this stupid bitch in northern maine who probably doesnt have ebola but if it broke out it would really be no loss to lose all the cousin fuckin' idiots up there. I am surprised, with all of this I didn't realize we had so many ebola experts in this state :v:

I'm listening to these news stories and thinking, haven't they always been saying that the only people at much risk for ebola in the US are doctors & nurses who are in contact with patients? And then this nurse comes back from hanging out in Ebola Central, where she was taking care of ebola patients, and complains when told that maybe she shouldn't go back to her regular hospital practice just yet? Somebody correct me if I've misunderstood the situation.

• Locked thread