Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

triplexpac posted:

Are these tables any good?

I really disliked the Walking Dead one. Seemed to easy to lose the ball down the side drain, but I only have an hour into it, so maybe I just need better reactions when the ball goes near it. Am curious if Dr. Strange is good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Ardennes posted:

I hope Dark Souls 1 or 2 goes on sale. I may be the only person in the universe that hasn't played them, but I finally mentally cracked. I mean there is horror in it right.. the man's inhumanity against man type.

There was a price error like a week ago and DS1 went for something ridiculous like $.20 I think. Some guy posted a screenshot of his inventory full of Dark Souls, too. Maybe someone still has a copy.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rage McDougal posted:

What makes NecroVision so good? (or at least, good for that price?)

You play as George W Bush, a confused warlock in zombie World War I. You get special point for pulling off ridiculous combos like kicking people in the nuts until they die. Also you fight a giant robot spider and go to hell and fight mole people.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Rage McDougal posted:

Take the best elements from Bulletstorm and Painkiller, set it in the trenches of WW1, then crank it up to 11.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Awesome! posted:

is it really that bad? :(

Like a lot of Doublefine games, it would probably work better as an animated movie or something.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I realized we just talked about how terrible MMO's are but The Secret World looks like it ticks all the boxes I look for in a game and I hear the quests are actually good. Yay? Nay?

Orv
May 4, 2011

al-azad posted:

I realized we just talked about how terrible MMO's are but The Secret World looks like it ticks all the boxes I look for in a game and I hear the quests are actually good. Yay? Nay?

The quests and dungeons are exceptional, nothing else is even okay.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

lordfrikk posted:

There was a price error like a week ago and DS1 went for something ridiculous like $.20 I think. Some guy posted a screenshot of his inventory full of Dark Souls, too. Maybe someone still has a copy.

Yeah, I guess here is to hoping? The ironic thing is that I have watch GB play most of it already, but if anything it looks like a game that needs to be played. Maybe comparable to Cod 4 in that it more or less launched a sub-genre? Demon's Souls was first obviously, but Dark Souls is what cemented to a much larger audience.

Also, Lords of the Fallen to me at least looks like a very "Darksiders" take on the genre, but who wants to play Darksiders before a real Zelda game?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
@SEGA: @RoboitoAM Valkyria supports 720p / 1080p, as well as higher resolutions depending on your max monitor resolution. 60FPS supported as well.
Shared via TweetCaster

Get Valkyria Chronicles, it's a good game and will probably get a good port.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I really enjoyed Darksiders. I thought it was a perfectly fine zelda-like.

al-azad posted:

40% of the quests can be pretty cool, but literally everything else is subpar videogaming, e.g., pretty good for high- to mid-functioning autists who enjoy MMOs.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Awesome! posted:

is it really that bad? :(
The RPG part is extremely primitive. Looks pretty stylish though.

Steam's dropped me a coupon worded like this
"50% OFF Adult Swim games For owning a Dejobaan game"
Sounds like adding insult to injury.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Orv posted:

The quests and dungeons are exceptional, nothing else is even okay.

Hey, the lore is cool too >:~(

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

al-azad posted:

Right now, until Nov 2, you are much better off spending the money on Star Wars The Old Republic. With the exp boost you can run solely story missions which are pretty great.

I bought The Secret World, didn't really get into it, in addition there's no other way to buy the extra "issues" other then buying them through the game at full price.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Is Space Pirates and Zombies good? Kinda looks like Escape Velocity (which may never make it to Steam, thanks Ambrosia) and that interests me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Zeether posted:

Is Space Pirates and Zombies good? Kinda looks like Escape Velocity (which may never make it to Steam, thanks Ambrosia) and that interests me.

People will probably complain its on the repetitive side, but I got 47 hours out of it and liked it. I found it charming and fun, though it's a got a bit of a grind and difficulty curve.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It's not a full Halloween sale but all of the Cipher Prime games are 60% off right now http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Cipher%20Prime%20Studios (Auditorium, Splice, Fractal, Intake)

e: oh it IS part of the Halloween sale. i'm out of the Steam loop :downs:

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 30, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Zeether posted:

It's fun until you get bored which may happen in 2 hours or 80. There should be a demo which gives you a taste of its systems.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Honestly not really seeing anything that jumps out at me overmuch. Any must grabs this sale?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
So... The Gods will be Watching is 50%, I know this game has gotten plenty of flak, but is it redeemable if you go in knowing its faults? I heard they added a mode that avoided some of the "randomness" that was driving people insane. It seems to have a interesting premise but a lot of people think it is garbage at the same time.

Also, has anyone tried "Dream"? Worth it?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Rage McDougal posted:

The first half is a lot of fun. Decent visuals and tons of action in a mix of trenches, bunkers, forts, etc.

The second half replaces your array of WWI weapons with something like two, maaaaaybe 3 new weapons and you never see or use anything else for the next four hours except when you pilot a mech. Also all the environments are the same variation of dark underground hell ruin.

I thought it was a ton of fun when I first got it but after they took my weapons away I kept waiting for it to get better and it never did.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hmm... Was hoping to pick up a copy of Civilization 5 for my wife. Looks like I will have to wait for a few weeks/months.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Ardennes posted:

So... The Gods will be Watching is 50%, I know this game has gotten plenty of flak, but is it redeemable if you go in knowing its faults? I heard they added a mode that avoided some of the "randomness" that was driving people insane. It seems to have a interesting premise but a lot of people think it is garbage at the same time.

It really seems like the kind of game where having high expectations left some people feeling resentful, and it's going to be in a Humble eventually so

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ardennes posted:

Also, has anyone tried "Dream"? Worth it?

It's literally "Trial and error: The game" where the "Trial" is banging things together randomly until it works out.

Edit: Gods will be watching, that is.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Arnold of Soissons posted:

It really seems like the kind of game where having high expectations left some people feeling resentful, and it's going to be in a Humble eventually so

No-one on Earth is resentful towards Gods Will Be Watching because of expectations, they're resentful because it wasn't an adventure game so much as an object lesson in bad adventure game design. Over and over and over again.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Valkyria Chronicles is up for Steam pre-order. It's only $19.99 and it's 10% off on greenmangaming and there is 20% coupon.

Everybody should get this game as its one of the best SRPGs made and one of the best PS3 exclusives.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

What the gently caress, the Steam page says it'll require 25 gigs?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's all that antialiasing.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Zeether posted:

It's fun as hell, if you enjoy the basic concept of travelling space while collecting money, weapons and ship blueprints. It also completely switches up gameplay in the middle, which surprised the gently caress out of me (in a good way) the first time I got there.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's a Japanese rpg so 90% of that is likely cutscenes.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Japanese devs don't understand how to compress files.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Orv posted:

No-one on Earth is resentful towards Gods Will Be Watching because of expectations, they're resentful because it wasn't an adventure game so much as an object lesson in bad adventure game design. Over and over and over again.

It seems like a game that would be easier to find enjoyment in, if one had paid little and had low expectations

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Ddraig posted:

It's a Japanese rpg so 90% of that is likely cutscenes.

There are some cutscenes, but it has dual voices so a lot bigger reqs for sound files. It's a great game and 25gb shouldn't stop you.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Manatee Cannon posted:

25 gigs of anime about humble not-Germany fighting evil Reds and Blues.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

oblomov posted:

Everybody should get this game as its one of the best SRPGs made and one of the best PS3 exclusives.

As someone who didn't like Valkyria Chronicles much at all, I've been meaning to ask those who did -- did you guys use the smoke bombs regularly? I thought the game was slow and dull early on, but then when they give you the smoke bombs for the tank, they seemed to be pretty much rewarding you for skipping as much as possible (since you get ranked on how fast you beat a mission). From then on I started planning out how fast I could bolt for the flag and bypass everything.

It created a weird situation where it seemed like you were only making things harder on yourself to not use them, but if you did use them you were skipping most of the mission they presumably wanted you to do. :confused:

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Yeah, mission grading kind of sucked as it rewarded quick rush. However you could always replay missions.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

25 gigs of anime about humble not-Germany fighting evil Reds and Blues.

considering one of the bad guys looks like this

its way more accurate to say you're fighting evil german/soviets while the other big faction is the dutch/english

Erebus posted:

As someone who didn't like Valkyria Chronicles much at all, I've been meaning to ask those who did -- did you guys use the smoke bombs regularly? I thought the game was slow and dull early on, but then when they give you the smoke bombs for the tank, they seemed to be pretty much rewarding you for skipping as much as possible (since you get ranked on how fast you beat a mission). From then on I started planning out how fast I could bolt for the flag and bypass everything.

It created a weird situation where it seemed like you were only making things harder on yourself to not use them, but if you did use them you were skipping most of the mission they presumably wanted you to do. :confused:

it's actually way faster to never use the tank at all and only use scouts.

SnarkIncarnate
Sep 13, 2013

OMG. I'm like, literally... dead.

Silly Halloween gifts sent.
I return to my sad little life a little poorer, but a lot happier.
Enjoy random goons!

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Resident Evil 4 is just listed as Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 but isn't there a HD remake? Or is that the HD remake and it's just not very clear?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, what exactly is bad about Evil Within? I'm hearing good stuff about it like it's an improved RE4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Xeras posted:

Resident Evil 4 is just listed as Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 but isn't there a HD remake? Or is that the HD remake and it's just not very clear?

It is the HD version.

• Locked thread