Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Yes.

Also, gently caress everyone that saw Pallbearer and YOB. gently caress you.

I want to pretend I didn't see them. The venue was horrific and the sound for both bands was abysmal.

I walked out for most of Pallbearer's set because I was getting seriously sad at how bad it all was.

Hopefully they'll return one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
new today is the day? steve austin still at it... god bless that crazy fucker, although some of TITD albums are real stinkers

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
They're an acquired taste that's for sure. Pretty much everything after Kiss the Pig has kinda tread over the same ground though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New TITD is awesome. The actual doomy tracks on the new Melvins are awesome too.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Henchman of Santa posted:

New TITD is awesome. The actual doomy tracks on the new Melvins are awesome too.

Totally agree with all of this

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Pig Destroyer just put out a 2 song doom record called "Mass & Volume".
Here it is: http://pigdestroyer.bandcamp.com/

edit:
It's interesting...kind of gets long. I haven't paid attention to them in a while and I'm always interested in more technical death/grind bands focusing on slower stuff...I kind of expect a little more. Like some giant rear end riffs that stick with you.
I'm really liking a lot of this new Melvins.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 21, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's not very good. Natasha was a much better attempt.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I've whipped up a Roadburn 2015 spotify playlist:

http://open.spotify.com/user/idiotequedance/playlist/3SlAoWcmhHlai3uRdUckjP

It's collaborative, like the general playlist we already have, so if anyone is added to the bill, or I've added something from a different artist with the same name, feel free to tinker with it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
http://lesbian.bandcamp.com/

Digging this. Very proggy. I only heard of them because I'm going to see them with Year Of No Light next month. That's going to be an awesome show. YONL hasn't toured in the US before so I'm really stoked for that. :dance:

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Watching the new Ufomammut-DVD. So heavy and trippy, what a fantastic band.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Bonk posted:

http://lesbian.bandcamp.com/

Digging this. Very proggy. I only heard of them because I'm going to see them with Year Of No Light next month. That's going to be an awesome show. YONL hasn't toured in the US before so I'm really stoked for that. :dance:

yeah, good band. I've only heard Power Hor, which is a few years old. Gotta check out the new stuff.

Roark
Dec 1, 2009

A moderate man - a violently moderate man.
I think I'm a little late to the party, but I'm really digging the doomier stuff on the new Melvins.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Thou at Roadburn. Hnnnnnngh. I hope The Body get added as well!

Also: Casual reminder that Acid Bath are the poo poo.

Fermented Piss
May 17, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Pig Destroyer just put out a 2 song doom record called "Mass & Volume".
Here it is: http://pigdestroyer.bandcamp.com/

edit:
It's interesting...kind of gets long. I haven't paid attention to them in a while and I'm always interested in more technical death/grind bands focusing on slower stuff...I kind of expect a little more. Like some giant rear end riffs that stick with you.
I'm really liking a lot of this new Melvins.

This was first released in 2013.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I can't recommend them enough but 11PARANOIAS is a band everyone needs to listen to right now.

Saw them at Desertfest this year and they blew me away. I miss Ramesses so much and this is the closest I'll ever get to a new album.

New song is being streamed here: http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-10-22/premiere-11paranoias-lost-to-smoke

Also any Brits should come along to their show in Bristol next month supporting Dragged Into Sunlight!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
nnnnnnnnnng the new Inter Arma is so goddamn great.

It's on their Bandcamp now: http://interarma.bandcamp.com/track/the-cavern

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Bonk posted:

drat that was a good listen. I can tell I'll be playing this one a lot.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Bonk posted:

This is good. I found the vocals on sky burial really off putting, but I got a lot more into this.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
poo poo, I didn't realize the new Giant Squid album was out.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

I just listened to Satan Worshipping Doom for the first time. It's quite something.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Still B.A.E posted:

I just listened to Satan Worshipping Doom for the first time. It's quite something.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the live album from Roadburn. And then play it as loud as you loving can.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Still B.A.E posted:

The opening riff on Satan after the noise and black metal tremolo is my favourite riff EVER.

mekrob
Sep 4, 2003
Thanks for bringing up Bongripper. When I started playing them in Spotify, an ad for this show came up: http://www.observatoryoc.com/events/day-of-the-shred

Pretty nice lineup, almost missed it :sweatdrop:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The opening riff on Satan after the noise and black metal tremolo is my favourite riff EVER.

This is correct. The transition into the other more grindy riff after that is awesome too.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Still B.A.E posted:

I'd never heard of this until now and holy poo poo, does it rule. Thanks for bringing it up so I had something rad to listent to at work.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
smh at people who didn't realize the title of this thread was about that album.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My most important contribution to SA :')

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

BAH, I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO READ THE OP OR EVEN THE WHOLE TITLE OF A THREAD.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just caught Melvins tonight in Austin for the first time since Senile Animal tour. Great loving show. Opening band, The Butcherettes, were loving wild. Just absolute mayhem the entire time. Great stuff.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My most important contribution to SA :')
The music forum would truly not be the same without you.

I still remember the first time I listened to Satan Worshipping Doom, back in 2010. It hit me like a loving freight train. It's probably still my overall favourite stoner/doom album of this decade so far.

-----------

Speaking of old things though, we really could do with an updated OP! I feel I've been neglectful of it lately and there've been so many great albums in the past few years.

I'm also really keen to get an up-to-date list of doom bands with goons in them, some of the bands in the OP have broken up and many have formed since then. So if you're in a band or know of goons in a band, let us know. Also, we don't need any new graphics by any means but if someone wants to update what we have, that'd be pretty great. A new thread title would be a change too but I'm still a fan of our current one (though "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" was pretty great too).

In short, things that need updating:
-Essential albums
-Goon doom bands
-Linking albums/bands to bandcamp pages for easy listening

Things that probably don't need updating but would be nice:
-New Labels
-New merch stores
-Graphics
-Thread title

So post any of those things if you want and I'll put them together!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Stoner/Doom/Sludge: Doing Drugs and Hating Mankind

mother spacelord
Apr 25, 2007
Stoner/Doom/Sludge: ISIS Broke Up, Get Over It

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that's a bad title because it's not good advice

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywYTTX6rRqk

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Get the other Acid Bath album in the OP. Also Cough's Ritual Abuse, Bell Witch's Longing, and Dopelord's Black Arts, Riff Worship & Weed Cult.
For bands in general, Salem's Pot and Major Kong.

e: Alphabetizing the essential albums by band name would be nice for browsing purposes.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 31, 2014

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Half of Eyehategod's catalogue would make an awesome thread title, e.g.,

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: Inferior and Full of Anxiety
Stoner/Doom/Sludge: Robitussin and Rejection
Stoner/Doom/Sludge: Self Medication Blues
Stoner/Doom/Sludge: Take As Needed for Pain

The current one is more or less unbeatable for me though.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the only better title would be sons of kyuss

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'd be up for keeping the title ;)

A list of albums from 2013/14 would be essential though.

Roark
Dec 1, 2009

A moderate man - a violently moderate man.
I'd include a bit more traditional doom under the essential albums. Maybe Candlemass' "Epicus" and "Nightfall", and Saint Vitus' "Born Too Late"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
"Dopesmoker" is still the best stoner/doom album, so I'd go with something from that for the title. Maybe "The Chronicle Of The Sinsemillian."