Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I do what's called official stats. Basically I am the guy telling the dudes in the truck what information they need to put in their graphics and depending on the crew, calling the game for stuff like down and distance and then any specialty stats (I am notorious for having historical stat poo poo on hand because i am huge dweeb.)

Here's a picture of my seats for gameday -- this was for Oklahoma:

I do *mostly* college basketball and football, but am expanding into Hockey and Baseball with Root Sports and usually worm my way into working a Steelers game a year.

High five TFF goons who work at football games.

Unfortunately this means I have first row seats to Virginia Tech's offense this year :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
ncaa week 10 gdt: ~Optics~

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

ncaa week 10 gdt: ~Optics~

:(

I like it

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'd make a thread but I'm on my phone and the game would be over by the time I finished typing.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Most places I've been do not let anyone on the playing surface who don't have a field pass of some sort and you have to go pass security to do it.

Yep, although if you're coming with a team you usually skip the security part.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frinkahedron posted:

Unfortunately this means I have first row seats to Virginia Tech's offense this year :(

You were super excited about that a mere two months ago.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
If FSU loses tonight will we get a photo of a depressed Jimbo eating pizza by himself?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spintzel posted:

If FSU loses tonight will we get a photo of a depressed Jimbo eating pizza by himself?

depends on the vigilance of Papa John's employees

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Here's a bunch of math and stuff
http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/2014/10/conference-bias-in-college-football/

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Louisville has some cool unis

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
The dream is REAL

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

In lieu of a goddamn GDT:

gently caress FSU HELL YEAH

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Get used to the idea of getting burned by No. 9 if you plan to play Bama in the playoffs, FSU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Errrggg

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Welp Louisville you hosed it up, rip

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Whew

Now our lovely ol

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Safety, please. Please.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Everyone is rooting for Bobby Petrino, good job FSU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

When I did the Steelers games I usually do "specialty stats" where I track something really specific -- like two years ago (i think) I tracked like Ben's throws to Heath Miller and someone else and the results, and then tracked what the Steelers offensive production was when Ray Lewis was on the field versus off the field.

How many people do they have working these? I guess I'd always sort of assumed that someone just did, like, all the passing stats and they were able to generate the "Ben threw to Miller" stat on the fly from a computer.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Auburn's new fight song loving rules.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/all-time-best-college-fight-songs-1307

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677500 GDT up.

Half-assed to hell, which I blame you losers for.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Thoguh posted:

You were super excited about that a mere two months ago.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I still think its a blast, but drat I wish I had more touchdowns to photograph is all.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

So PSU safety Ryan Keiser is in the ICU because of a bowel injury (:stare:) that is apparently related to a rib fracture. My question, uh, is...how? Because it sounds like one of those horrible injuries like a ruptured testicle. I'm no doctor but I thought the ribs were kinda far from the bowels.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

So PSU safety Ryan Keiser is in the ICU because of a bowel injury (:stare:) that is apparently related to a rib fracture. My question, uh, is...how? Because it sounds like one of those horrible injuries like a ruptured testicle. I'm no doctor but I thought the ribs were kinda far from the bowels.

Some pain meds cause severe constipation, so it could be something like on pain meds, not keeping hydrated enough and eating stuff to make your bowels move easier, get impacted.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
It's going to be great gloating over Ben when either Bama or Arkansas inexplicably knock State's collective dick into the dirt.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sash! posted:

The Transverse colon seems to go right along the edge of the ribcage. I guess it's possible that a cracked rib could damage it - or that an impact that damaged the rib could damage the large intestine as well.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Stunt Rock posted:

It's going to be great gloating over Ben when either Bama or Arkansas inexplicably knock State's collective dick into the dirt.

Remember that time you lost to an LSU team that State dominated? Yeah, me too. Good times.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

archangelwar posted:

Remember that time you lost to an LSU team that State dominated? Yeah, me too. Good times.

Did you turn the game off during the 3rd quarter

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Raku posted:

Did you turn the game off during the 3rd quarter

Oh no Les Miles pulled some garbage time magic, yet still failed. Totally identical to the Ole Miss game!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Deteriorata posted:

The Transverse colon seems to go right along the edge of the ribcage. I guess it's possible that a cracked rib could damage it - or that an impact that damaged the rib could damage the large intestine as well.

It would likely have to be where the transverse meets the ascending or descending colon. In order for his rib to pierce the bowel though he would also have to have a diaphragm injury as well, although I suppose it could be minor enough to be subclinical.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I always find it amusing when teams have an unusually good year and their fans pull a complete 360 from quiet, sad and pitiable to insufferable douches just as bad as the fans of teams that are good on a more regular basis. Not pointing any fingers here.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

You fuckers just wait until Northwestern goes to the Rose Bowl

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

JT Jag posted:

I always find it amusing when teams have an unusually good year and their fans pull a complete 360 from quiet, sad and pitiable to insufferable douches just as bad as the fans of teams that are good on a more regular basis. Not pointing any fingers here.

Hey I have always been a loud, pitiable douche. Let me have this one thing. ONE THING

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

archangelwar posted:

Hey I have always been a loud, pitiable douche. Let me have this one thing. ONE THING
Whoa man I wasn't pointing any fingers but if you think that way about yourself

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ACoolT5 posted:

So I made a mistake and looked at the al.com comments over Tim Cook coming out today (but really, I thought it was common knowledge). The only fun part is the segment of really conservative Auburn fans who had no idea.

EDIT: I realize Bama fans would not have reacted any differently.

Late, but: Roll Pride.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JT Jag posted:

If Texas Tech is ever really, really good, you better bet that I'll be as insufferable as possible.

So basically, I'll be sad and pitiable for the rest of my life.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

kayakyakr posted:

If Texas Tech is ever really, really good, you better bet that I'll be as insufferable as possible.

So basically, I'll be sad and pitiable for the rest of my life.

Never should have let Craig James fire Mike Leach

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Here's the thing: I want to see FSU lose, too, but I don't want 3 SEC teams in the loving playoffs and that's what is gonna happen if FSU goes down.

Relax and let Bama or MSU sort them out in January and it will be glorious.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Glad I made it back in time to catch the end of another signature dominant FSU victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

JT Jag posted:

ima be that guy for a half a second here, but pulling a complete 360 would mean they stay quiet, sad, and pitiable. 180 man, 180.

• Locked thread