Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The World is not a Joestar power stand, it is a mirror of Jotaro's. The thing with Hermit Purple has already been debunked as that being Jonathan's body's stand.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

So I just finished part 3 and I don't understand why jotaro is able move during the world's time stop or how he can stop time himself.

Eleventh Hour Power, this is a shonen manga, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

The World is not a Joestar power stand, it is a mirror of Jotaro's. The thing with Hermit Purple has already been debunked as that being Jonathan's body's stand.

Araki, as cool as he and his writing is, has enough holes in their writing and official explanations that it's alright for people to disregard things like that when it doesn't make as much sense.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

WickedHate posted:

Araki, as cool as he and his writing is, has enough holes in their writing and official explanations that it's alright for people to disregard things like that when it doesn't make as much sense.

Holy poo poo, did you seriously just type this up? Are you a real person?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

WickedHate posted:

is this what they call fanon

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have this friend who started watching Phantom Blood and absolutely hated it.

So I convinced him to skip to Battle Tendency and I believe his reaction was "Holy poo poo, this new Jojo is gangsta as gently caress".

Basically, what I'm saying is that Battle Tendency is awesome and everyone should watch it again.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

Enjoying fiction must be pretty hard when you take everything published and every single thing creators say to be the one holy truth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Araki's writing has enough holes for me to say that Crazy Diamond's ability was actually flight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I cannot believe someone is using Death of the Author for JoJo. Like... it is the most incomprehensible thing to me.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

Araki's writing has enough holes for me to say that Crazy Diamond's ability was actually flight.

Are you sure it's not magnetism.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have this friend who started watching Phantom Blood and absolutely hated it.

So I convinced him to skip to Battle Tendency and I believe his reaction was "Holy poo poo, this new Jojo is gangsta as gently caress".

Basically, what I'm saying is that Battle Tendency is awesome and everyone should watch it again.

The first two minutes of Part 2 really felt like David Productions was saying "Oh my god we are so sorry you had to watch all that".

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

I cannot believe someone is using Death of the Author for JoJo. Like... it is the most incomprehensible thing to me.

Much as I agree, somewhere in your heart you know Josuke traveled through time to save himself as a baby, somehow.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Much as I agree, somewhere in your heart you know Josuke traveled through time to save himself as a baby, somehow.

I could not believe that never came up again!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It must have been the work of Made in Heaven an enemy Stand.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke has what Axl from GG does.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Beef Waifu posted:

Eleventh Hour Power, this is a shonen manga, after all.

you just used a tvtropes word in casual conversation

Beef Waifu posted:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

phantom blood is good btw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

What are you talking about?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

darealkooky posted:

trap sprung

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eleventh+hour+superpower

behold my exciting adventure into knowledge

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this incredibly gay derail must be the work of an enemy stand!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I'm literally an enemy stand

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

this incredibly gay derail must be the work of an enemy stand!

This is the power of my stand, 「Midnight Train」

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is a good page.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

darealkooky posted:

To be fair, as bad as the actual site is, a lot of their tropes can be convenient to use and do actually fit things. The time stop is an eleventh hour superpower.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

WickedHate posted:

To be fair, as bad as the actual site is, a lot of their tropes can be convenient to use and do actually fit things. The time stop is an eleventh hour superpower.

Beef Waifu posted:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

This is a good page.

There have been 29500 posts made by Beef Waifu, an average of 20.08 posts per day, since registering on Oct 22, 2010.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is the time stop really such bullshit when the gang is like "oh man dios stand is pretty similar to jotaros" multiple times and especially in the ova where the revealation jotaro isn't part of some retarded mindgame with magnet watches but instead an instinctual reaction to a life threatening situation?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

There have been 29500 posts made by Beef Waifu, an average of 20.08 posts per day, since registering on Oct 22, 2010.

:agreed:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

darealkooky posted:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

is the time stop really such bullshit when the gang is like "oh man dios stand is pretty similar to jotaros" multiple times and especially in the ova where the revealation jotaro isn't part of some retarded mindgame with magnet watches but instead an instinctual reaction to a life threatening situation?

It's less bullshit than Star Finger at least.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

ChaosArgate posted:

It's less bullshit than Star Finger at least.

It's not bullshit at all. Remember Zoom Punch?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

motherfucker you don't loving dump on kavinsky

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

MelvinBison posted:

It's not bullshit at all. Remember Zoom Punch?

Didn't he use Zoom Punch because the Ripple breathing allowed him to unlock his joints and not feel pain? That... still strikes me as a really bad idea, but it's at least an explanation as opposed to Star Finger.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

the real hosed up thing is how silver chariot doesn't take his armor off constantly

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

darealkooky posted:

the real hosed up thing is how silver chariot doesn't take his armor off constantly

chariot keeps the armor on to pretend it's buff too like all the other punchman stands.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Momomo posted:

Didn't he use Zoom Punch because the Ripple breathing allowed him to unlock his joints and not feel pain? That... still strikes me as a really bad idea, but it's at least an explanation as opposed to Star Finger.

Yeah Araki at least tried to explain Zoom Punch. Star Finger was literally just a one-use solution to a problem and is never brought up again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Well, some Stands would be able to get around it. Emperor, for instance.

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah Araki at least tried to explain Zoom Punch. Star Finger was literally just a one-use solution to a problem and is never brought up again.

Two uses. Dark Blue Moon and Strength, though they were back to back.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, some Stands would be able to get around it. Emperor, for instance.

literally every fight polnareff ends up in after that has "if he hits me I'm dead, but oh no I'm not fast enough to escape" as the entire crux of the drama

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

darealkooky posted:

literally every fight polnareff ends up in after that has "if he hits me I'm dead, but oh no I'm not fast enough to escape" as the entire crux of the drama

Also Polnareff trying to find a nice place to go to the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I can't wait until the show resumes so we can see more of Jotaro, Kayoin, Joespeh, Polnareff, Avdol and Iggy. I can't wait until the encounter with Oingo and Boingo, also for the encounter with the first D'Arby brother and for Iggy to fight Petshop!! I'm excited because Jojo is a fun show!

• Locked thread