Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Next week

God I hope she kills a bitch.

You can tell it's going to be a short loving fight because the preview was so short. They usually build them up a bit more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yay for Aisling, Magana has been one of the worst personalities on the show so far so seeing her TKO'd was great.

I like coming here and having my thoughts confirmed about that weird hammer fist girl punch you see a lot of in wshh fights, who's not a nice person (screaming at the girl in the ice bath meanly) and it being a bad stand up but not game changing

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Hoping for a Scottish-Irish final.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

That would be cool but I'm guessing Penne taps her out in the next round. Daly's grappling did not look very good IMO.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

willie_dee posted:

I like coming here and having my thoughts confirmed about that weird hammer fist girl punch you see a lot of in wshh fights, who's not a nice person (screaming at the girl in the ice bath meanly) and it being a bad stand up but not game changing

Yelling at Heather is a national service, dude.
You are just a puzzle wrapped in an enigma, aren't you.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Snowman_McK posted:

Yelling at Heather is a national service, dude.
You are just a puzzle wrapped in an enigma, aren't you.

She was horrible about it though, its ok to not like someone, but there is no need to be mean and horrible.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I'm kinda bummed Rose's opponent is the Aussie cus I'd like to see them both advance (also I think its pretty losable for Rose)

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Thug Rose has the pizzazz though so she'll stick around even if she loses a bit, kinda like her fella.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Boy would it suck for Rose's career to mirror Pat's.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Boy would it suck for Rose's career to mirror Pat's.

She won't be fighting 250 lb dudes though, so she shouldn't get knocked out like he did. Are there a lot of KOs (not TKOs where they're just getting punched a lot) in lady's fights? I don't remember too many at 125-135 in the men's fights either.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So happy for Ais same person as on the show.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Most of the top fighters are grapplers at the moment, so until good strikers emerge you're gonna see awful MMA striking.

Irene Aldana recently did a cool KO of Peggy Morgan though at the last Invicta.

Also Michelle Waterson had a Pride-esque squash match of an elderly Japanese lady in that main event and her striking looked good against an immobile target.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
TKOs are not all that rare, straight KOs are and mostly happen off high kicks when they do.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Something I just realized today: The guy Conor McGregor knocked out in Dublin, Diego Brandao, was Heather Clark's ex-husband.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

willie_dee posted:

She was horrible about it though, its ok to not like someone, but there is no need to be mean and horrible.

Heather came across as someone who wouldn't understand it any other way. She was like a child, endlessly offering excuses. Maybe it was editing, but literally every time someone reprimanded her or made a suggestion, she had an excuse.
Gil: Let's work on your back escapes.
Heather: I had a broken arm.
Gil: Okaaay, let's work back escapes.

After a point, it's pointless trying to have an adult discussion with someone like that.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Aisling Daly may in fact be Keith Jardine's long lost sister. Everything about her is absolutely hilarious.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I missed this episode except for the fight, did anything interesting happen? They seem like they're hyping the fight between Rose and the surprisingly old Alex Chambers, but I'm already looking forward to Rose vs. Calderwood, cuz drat, that match.

1st AD posted:

Irene Aldana recently did a cool KO of Peggy Morgan though at the last Invicta.

Peggy took an rear end-whooping in that match but she got subbed I thought

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I don't remember the finish but Morgan got dropped like twice in that fight, either way it was cool seeing her get Struve'd

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how can i watch past episodes of this season?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

iTunes or Amazon, $2 an episode.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

1st AD posted:

I don't remember the finish but Morgan got dropped like twice in that fight, either way it was cool seeing her get Struve'd

Peggy lost via RNC but it was set up by Aldana's hands. I remember being impressed by the striking of her teammate Alexa Grasso in the fight before that too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

Something I just realized today: The guy Conor McGregor knocked out in Dublin, Diego Brandao, was Heather Clark's ex-husband.

Hahahaha this explains so much

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I like to think that it was Diego who broke up with Heather.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Diego probably just forgot that he was married.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I guess I am alone in having wanted Magana to win. Her story she tells during that episode is really depressing and good for her even though she is a bitch but drat she made it through some tough times. I was hoping she would make it into the UFC and win fights, welp.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Do the defeated fighters really continue to live in the fighter house and go to the fights? Wouldn't they be downers to be around?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

As it turns out Sean Shelby and Joe Silva are in fact good at their jobs and mostly ranked the fighters correctly.

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

Dead Snoopy posted:

Do the defeated fighters really continue to live in the fighter house and go to the fights? Wouldn't they be downers to be around?

Unless you hold everyone in quarantine (I think on Top Chef you get to go live in a secondary house when you get booted) it sort of gives away the results of the competition if you send people home when they lose.

They can still train full time if they do want to improve, and they also get free food and alcohol, so that generally turns into a frat house environment of drunks partying all night which annoys the fighters who still have to fight. The women seem to be more in control in that respect, though.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
drain the pool...have female kumites

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dead Snoopy posted:

Yeah but then when someone goes down with an injury (e.g. Justine Kish) there's someone around who's still in fight shape who they can put right in.

In the earlier seasons people did get kicked out of the house after losing, but I think around Season 3 or so they realized it was useful to have the other fighters around in case of injury.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

colonel_korn posted:

Yeah but then when someone goes down with an injury (e.g. Justine Kish) there's someone around who's still in fight shape who they can put right in.

In the earlier seasons people did get kicked out of the house after losing, but I think around Season 3 or so they realized it was useful to have the other fighters around in case of injury.

If I recall, there was a "loser house" in the early seasons that gave fighters a little more freedom, but they were still hanging around for injury replacement purposes (Like when Nate Quarry suffered a kneesplosion)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Meowbot posted:

I guess I am alone in having wanted Magana to win. Her story she tells during that episode is really depressing and good for her even though she is a bitch but drat she made it through some tough times. I was hoping she would make it into the UFC and win fights, welp.

She reeked of "listen to my story omg listen to my story omg listen to my story". That type of personality really bugs the poo poo out of me. I mean I get that they probably asked her to talk about it a lot, but her attitude about it was grating to me.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Meowbot posted:

Every fighter on the season is fighting on the finale except Kish who is still recovering from her injury. And I expect they'll all get at the very least one more fight after that. More likely they'll all be fighting in the UFC for a while unless they go on 3+ losing streaks.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grem posted:

She reeked of "listen to my story omg listen to my story omg listen to my story". That type of personality really bugs the poo poo out of me. I mean I get that they probably asked her to talk about it a lot, but her attitude about it was grating to me.

To be fair, the producers were likely saying, "Tell your story, tell your story."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I have no animosity towards Magaņa but it is really funny seeing her get stopped by a woman whose best technique was an overhand hammer fist.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

Heather came across as someone who wouldn't understand it any other way. She was like a child, endlessly offering excuses. Maybe it was editing, but literally every time someone reprimanded her or made a suggestion, she had an excuse.
Gil: Let's work on your back escapes.
Heather: I had a broken arm.
Gil: Okaaay, let's work back escapes.

After a point, it's pointless trying to have an adult discussion with someone like that.

It's reality TV, it will be the editing.

They want to train the fighters every day, way more than you would normally train the day before a fight if you had a decent camp, so its no surprise some of the smarter fighters are trying to preserve energy instead of giving the producers stock footage for use to fill in the gaps in between fights.

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 31, 2014

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I would prefer to see Rose win but I am a little interested in what would happen if Team Pettis sweeps the first round. I stopped watching regularly after the Bisping/Mayhem season, has a coach ever not won a single fight before?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I would prefer to see Rose win but I am a little interested in what would happen if Team Pettis sweeps the first round. I stopped watching regularly after the Bisping/Mayhem season, has a coach ever not won a single fight before?

I don't think so, no. Even Rampage's completely dysfunctional team of garbagemen managed to pick up one first round win on TUF 10 (RIP Big Baby :( )

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Thug Roses' role in the show so far as awkward sounding board for everyone elses poo poo is hilarious.

I was 50/50 on the stand-up, nothing was happening but it was a position that was probably about to result in them breaking apart anyway with a decent chance they both end up standing anyway. Aisling watching UFC Dublin should've been a longer part of the show and I completely misunderstood Patty O's post-fight speech until this ep and it totally gave me the feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I love the format this season with the seeding, I hope they do this again.

Is Pettis just a better judge of talent, a better coach or something else? 6-0 is impressive as hell to me.

• Locked thread