Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The turtle showed up for Gai to do a double jump off of a while back when he beat up Kisame.

It was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think all of Tsunade's slugs are just Katsuyu. Which is weird, since we've seen a ton of toads and snakes.

They are all varying sizes of her depending on the chakra spent to summon her. Multiple times when running low on chakra she exclaims variations of "this is as large of katsuyu as i could get?".

Also, that turtle was so pissed at guy it was awesome

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It's almost as though this story isn't particularly well thought our or planned ahead.

Uh, this movie is 15 years in the making

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Crunkjuice posted:

They are all varying sizes of her depending on the chakra spent to summon her. Multiple times when running low on chakra she exclaims variations of "this is as large of katsuyu as i could get?".

Also, that turtle was so pissed at guy it was awesome

The fact that Katsuyu is just one, giant organism and every summon is just variations on how much of her you can call up makes Tsunade's summon animal at least a million percent more interesting and fleshed out than any save the Frogs. So naturally, Kishi doesn't give them any focus or screentime at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slug summon is the best summon and the fact that Sakura can also use it just makes how pointless Kishi made her that much more disappointing.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

What is the leaf village going to do when they run out of space on that mountain to carve faces into?

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

slev posted:

What is the leaf village going to do when they run out of space on that mountain to carve faces into?

Earth Jutsu: Summon new mountain

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

slev posted:

Treat it like Mt. Rushmore and pretend they always intended to only have the first 6 Hokages there.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

slev posted:

Well if this poo poo had a fun and cool ending Naruto would carve it into the moon with his anger.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Naruto's character design loving sucks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

His face looks inflated.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I haven't read this poo poo in literally 6 months, is it actually going to end on a satisfying note

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

I haven't read this poo poo in literally 6 months, is it actually going to end on a satisfying note

The short answer is no. The long answer is go look at the last couple pages for dismembered blood hearts, usura-tonkachi.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Take a wild guess.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The happy times are few and far between.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

If the last chapter is any indication Naruto and Sasuke may be about to die from blood loss. So the answer is hopefully, I guess.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one in anime dies from blood loss.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

Didn't Roy Fokker die from that on Macross?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Danzo was never officially Hokage, though, was he? I think he was just acting Hokage for a short while.

He was like Hokage-elect.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

He rigged the elections with his eyejutsu, so he doesn't get his face carved in the Ninja-Mount Rushmore.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Didn't Roy Fokker die from that on Macross?

I think Aries (Focker's gf in Macross Zero) died from internal bleeding. Does that count (it's some form of blood loss, right?)?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lolin' at naruto's big dumb head. has he always had a big dumb head i have never actually watched the anime

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
What if Kishi only wanted the series to be done so that the excellent Spring Time Of Youth Author could take over?

Someone need's to photoshop Madara, Obito, demon rabbit lady whatherface and Aizen into this now.

SirDrone fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 31, 2014

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
How fucknig old is everyone anyway I thought everyone was like 14-17ish at the oldest with Naruto being the oldest since he was a fuckup and failed out twice

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
I think the last 3 years of real time have taken place during Naruto's 18th birthday? Not sure about this

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Triple Elation posted:

I think the last 3 years of real time have taken place during Naruto's 18th birthday? Not sure about this

Oh god because if any major part of the plot did not somehow center around Ninja loving Jesus and his superimportant infallable aura of greatness and world peace.......

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Triple Elation posted:

17th.

edit: I'm not sure

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Since Kakashi is Hokage, it means that even after this near-apocalyptic war people thought 'Nah, let's stick to the old ways, no need to unite or anything'. There is literally Ninja Jesus living next door, and the world's as lovely as it ever was.

By the way, do ninjas have retirement funds and unions?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

PiedPiper posted:

even after this near-apocalyptic war people thought 'Nah, let's stick to the old ways, no need to unite or anything'.

Imagine there's no countries
it isn't hard to do

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

How fucknig old is everyone anyway I thought everyone was like 14-17ish at the oldest with Naruto being the oldest since he was a fuckup and failed out twice

Naruto's failing makes absolutely no sense because while we've been told that he failed multiple times he's also the same age as everyone else. So I guess he somehow passed the entrance requirement a year or more before all the other kids, including the two genius eye hackers, or repeatedly failed the exit exam which is open to any student to take and is administered at set times in the year. But then if there's a way to either enter ninja elementary early or leave early then it once again makes no sense that he was classmates with Sasuke who would have been chomping at the bit to become a ninja, avenge his clan, and then rebuild it.

Entry tests and exit test that can be taken at any time by ninja kids does explain both Itachi and Kakashi being full ninjas before they were 10. Of course then you've got team Kakashi who were clearly all the same age and were formed after graduation with the same character make-up of Team 7. Maybe ninja school was both started earlier for kids and ended earlier back in the day, and anyone mentioning how young Itachi and Kakashi were when they graduated falls flat on it's face in universe, like bragging about graduation High School at 18.

PiedPiper posted:

Since Kakashi is Hokage, it means that even after this near-apocalyptic war people thought 'Nah, let's stick to the old ways, no need to unite or anything'. There is literally Ninja Jesus living next door, and the world's as lovely as it ever was.

By the way, do ninjas have retirement funds and unions?

Jesus never ruled an Earthy kingdom. It's his followers who would go on to become kings and presidents and dictators and poo poo. The world is united in it's belief in friendship and ramen, the Kages are just there acting as district managers in this new world of Ninja Orange and Believing It.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 31, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can attempt the test whenever there is a test, and Naruto just decided to attempt the test a few times before anyone else. Why who the gently caress knows, but yeah.

Also, Kakashi was a child during a war, the requirements were probably lessened, especially due to his parentage. He was just a special talent. Kakashi graduated from the academy at 5 chunnin at age 6 and created the Chidori at like age 10.

Itachi was 7 at graduation, and 10 when he became a Chunnin. And Led ANBU at like 13.

It's probably just more that anyone who showed any sort of talent and skill at a young age got promoted especially during Kakashi's childhood since they were at War, and Itachi grew up while the war was winding down or almost over.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

Gyges posted:

Jesus never ruled an Earthy kingdom. It's his followers who would go on to become kings and presidents and dictators and poo poo. The world is united in it's belief in friendship and ramen, the Kages are just there acting as district managers in this new world of Ninja Orange and Believing It.

But then, of course, the peace eventually crumbles as the world splits into factions at bitter war over one, simple, driving question: What is It?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gyges posted:

Naruto's failing makes absolutely no sense because while we've been told that he failed multiple times he's also the same age as everyone else. So I guess he somehow passed the entrance requirement a year or more before all the other kids, including the two genius eye hackers, or repeatedly failed the exit exam which is open to any student to take and is administered at set times in the year. But then if there's a way to either enter ninja elementary early or leave early then it once again makes no sense that he was classmates with Sasuke who would have been chomping at the bit to become a ninja, avenge his clan, and then rebuild it.

Entry tests and exit test that can be taken at any time by ninja kids does explain both Itachi and Kakashi being full ninjas before they were 10. Of course then you've got team Kakashi who were clearly all the same age and were formed after graduation with the same character make-up of Team 7. Maybe ninja school was both started earlier for kids and ended earlier back in the day, and anyone mentioning how young Itachi and Kakashi were when they graduated falls flat on it's face in universe, like bragging about graduation High School at 18.

I suspect the Third Hokage probably threw him into ninja elementary at a young age either because he thought he'd be good at it or to keep him the gently caress out of trouble.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Caros posted:

I suspect the Third Hokage probably threw him into ninja elementary at a young age either because he thought he'd be good at it or to keep him the gently caress out of trouble.

Also, because unlike the other students, Naruto never had family to train/raise him.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Beef Waifu posted:

Fisher Tiger. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Flashback, doesn't count.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="437059690"]
Fisher Tiger. :colbert:

His mighty heart broke from his own prejudice. The bloodloss was simply his sad epiphany. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I wonder if Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 will end with this fight, or the villain from The Last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I imagine half of UNS4 is using The Last character
models and poo poo like that. They basically made revolution so they had the assets for the end of the Shippuden stuff ready.

• Locked thread