Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Everyones heard by now that theres apparently a Solomon sex tape circulating right?

Also I have a mate who works at twitter and one of the contestants keeps calling them asking to be verified, I dont want to post who incase it turns out its because they win so here it is in spoiler form that del boy oval office James Hill, what a twat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

Everyones heard by now that theres apparently a Solomon sex tape circulating right?

I think you mean forums user Paperhouse

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
I listened to audio only for 80% of this episode. It was simply too unbearable to watch. The "comedy" part of dreadful. You'd have to be on some heavy medication for it to be funny. What the gently caress were they thinking? The fat daddy bollocks, on the other hand, was just sad. Sad, sad, sad. Not funny, not cringe-worthy, not painful, just sad...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Big Taff Man posted:

Also I have a mate who works at twitter and one of the contestants keeps calling them asking to be verified, I dont want to post who incase it turns out its because they win so here it is in spoiler form that del boy oval office James Hill, what a twat

Of loving course it was them.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

I think you mean forums user Paperhouse

well duh. Admittedly its a solo tape and the last 20 minutes is him crying

EvilRic
May 18, 2007

come have a nice cup of tea!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Is it difficult to get verified, do twitter keep turning them down so they ring back and try again?

I couldn't find their twitter as it stands, do you think they're not posting to it until they can post from a verified account?

Also the most awkward scene of anything so far was when Sarah was on You're Fired and started questioning one of the panel about their dating experience and clearly making them very uncomfortable. Dara did an amazing job of deflecting that one quickly.

EvilRic fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 30, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

EvilRic posted:

Is it difficult to get verified, do twitter keep turning them down so they ring back and try again?

I couldn't find their twitter as it stands, do you think they're not posting to it until they can post from a verified account?

The person is the first result of you search for them

You get verified if you're considered a public figure and have multiple people trying to pretend to be you from what my mate told me when he refused to get The Big Taff Man verified

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The editing in this series is weird as hell. I watched it with three other people, and all four of us genuinely didn't recognize Pamela as a contestant at all, which is bizarre after week one. Then the camera finds her every 5 seconds for a go-to reaction shot of something, all episode.

Maybe she does something next week that's of some importance and needed us to know who she is. :iiam:

Is "That's not my [arbitrarily defined and highly specific] area" a bingo space already? Because god drat are they leaning on it hard this season as an excuse.

Some great ones this season:

"Yes, I produce videos, but I don't upload them"

"Nuren I thought you would be good at selling because your business is as a market stall owner, and this was selling off a market stall"
"Yes but that's in Peterborough, this is in London"

There's a couple more that slip my mind.

EvilRic
May 18, 2007

come have a nice cup of tea!

The Big Taff Man posted:

The person is the first result of you search for them

You get verified if you're considered a public figure and have multiple people trying to pretend to be you from what my mate told me when he refused to get The Big Taff Man verified

Ah ok I see why that's ridiculous then unless they do win. It's hardly enough of a claim to fame otherwise.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khablam posted:

There's a couple more that slip my mind.

How could you forget "It's not high-end super luxe fashion"

Wingon
May 7, 2007

LETS GO DRINK DRUNK
I just watched the episode and I am so very sad that Steven got fired. He was the best. The worst part about it is that I now have to find someone new to support and that means learning someone's name.

I thought both the videos were rubbish. Luckily Solomon decided to go for the highest profile youtuber to work with. It might have been childish prop comedy, but at least it was better than a lot of fit people calling someone fat. Very inspiring weight loss program.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

eating only apples posted:

You know all those women have been stewing over Sarah's short-skirts-and-lipstick comments for weeks.

I'm actually a bit gutted that more didn't come out of that. A proper argument in the boardroom with snide comments from Karen would have been glorious. Instead it was just a throwaway remark.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I feel like Sarah deserved to be ripped into a lot more before she was fired, but at least she's gone.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
The problem with the show's format is the most incompetent people are usually the most entertaining.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

rear end cobra posted:

Sarah Dales will win The Apprentice Season 10

rip

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
Steven came across as really strange on YF. I got the impression he was actually a reasonable person who was just acting mental for the cameras. Maybe wanted some kind of telly career idk

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

XMNN posted:

Steve is at least entertaining, Ella Jade is just irritating.

I'm hoping they don't spunk the opportunity for a triple firing up the wall with a bunch of double firings though, and this is a pretty good line-up for it.

e:nooooooooooo, stevennnn
Irritating and a half!
He had to tell her she was fired 3 times. Therefore he made the right decision.
Steven is, or was entertaining but as a Canadian I cringed that he was in any way representative of this country :canada:
And his nursing home business plan didn't seem well thought out or something that would add to Lord Sugar's wealth.

And that Fat Daddy concept was truly horrible.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

XMNN posted:

The problem with the show's format is the most incompetent people are usually the most entertaining.

Counterpoint: the most entertaining people are on the other side of the boardroom table.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

gorki posted:

Steven came across as really strange on YF. I got the impression he was actually a reasonable person who was just acting mental for the cameras. Maybe wanted some kind of telly career idk

It's pretty much a given that these people are goaded by the producers and encouraged to do things they wouldn't otherwise do for the sake of "good TV." Plus they're just average people so they are nervous and self-conscious in front of the cameras but trying to appear confident in spite of that. Mix that with some good ol' editing out their decent moments and they look like nutters.

They're all probably much more reasonable people than we've been led to believe.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Well Steven went way over the top. But maybe he might be a bit more humble than the cameras show.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sure editing can achieve a lot, and if you try to be objective you can see the show runners essentially create the narrative completely in editing, but if you point a camera at someone doing a pitch and they're all over the place, that's a pretty reasonable representation of what happened.

Unless the room was on fire or something and they just cut around it, then there's not much explanation as to why Apprentice candidates feel a pitch is 5% facts you cribbed in the car, 5% buzzwords you can remember from CISCO adverts, and 90% yelling. make that 100% yelling as candidates always strive to give 110%.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

Unless the room was on fire or something and they just cut around it, then there's not much explanation as to why Apprentice candidates feel a pitch is 5% facts you cribbed in the car, 5% buzzwords you can remember from CISCO adverts, and 90% yelling. make that 100% yelling as candidates always strive to give 110%.

The reason being that they aren't very good at business or business related things. They're picked because they aren't at all talented. It's not really their fault.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Been away and not had chance to catch up. Anyone sum up last week for me in a sentence before tonight?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Devol_Tettran posted:

Been away and not had chance to catch up. Anyone sum up last week for me in a sentence before tonight?

"I am shouting at my television" and then a triple firing

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Devol_Tettran posted:

The recap that will be on shortly won't express the amount of cringe the episode was full of.

Also, a TRIPLE PLAY!

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Eyup, I missed last week too, heard three people got the chop but the names meant nothing to me. So many contestants this year, I have no idea who is who right now.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Triple? Nice.

So the 'five extra candidates' is about nul now anyway...

Robnoxious posted:

The recap that will be on shortly won't express the amount of cringe the episode was full of.

Or the Goonrage.

Wingon
May 7, 2007

LETS GO DRINK DRUNK
I'm here for this one! Still sad about Steven going, but I'll be fine in time.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

I'm so glad that Sarah got fired, gently caress her so much for the high heels and makeup comments.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Dr Scoofles posted:

I'm so glad that Sarah got fired, gently caress her so much for the high heels and makeup comments.

Still makes me mad, and all the other candidates had obviously been stewing over it too.

:siren: Lord Sugar's laid on some top retailers!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Nick is cool as gently caress

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

So I didn't watch the whole episode last week, but I assume that given that Stephen was fired that they had a sad piano version of the Apprentice theme playing over the credits?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Digging Nick's central american generalissimo shades.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
"at least one"

I guess we're getting another mutiple firing then

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I dont believe Daniel plays chess

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Great chess players may think up to three moves ahead! :byodood:

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
My pub quiz company experience makes me ideal for running a tour company

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
So, long-haul variation on the London tour task then.

Zzzzzz.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Daniel is gonna gently caress this up, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I can't remember ever going on a coach tour, but is £99 reasonable??

• Locked thread