Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Just watched a few repeats of what happened to Hansen. The first incident looks like a clear red card on the striker tbh. First he hit a defender in the face, which you could argue is an accident but certainly a freekick at least. Then he lunges in studs first to a ball he can never reach when he knowns the keepers head is allready down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Seltzer posted:

How's the Bob Bradley Stabaek project going? I thought he was gonna use this as a stepping stone, but apparently he might just end up in Toronto.

Unless you win titles, I don't see how a Norway gig is gonna be a stepping stone to anything. gently caress knows why he took the Stabæk job. They were a team doomed to relegation(by any and all pundits, anyway) that seem to end up mid- to top half of the table. So in that sense it's going quite well, but he's not gonna get much attention from the big european leagues(beyond what he earned due to his history prior to Stabæk).

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Oh by the way, Molde won the title last night.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It wasn't even a contest, it's been such a boring season except for the relegation battle.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Not having high hopes of it being any better next year, unfortunately. Godset aren't the same post-Deila and Rosenborg will still be a mess. Odd may well be up there next year but I don't see them challenging for the title. Hell, Fagermo might even be in RBK by then.

Vålerenga to sell Kjartanson for a billion and buy the title?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
He might leave in January, but I doubt it. I think he'll leave next August.

Brann seems to be going down though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Lurgy posted:

Unless you win titles, I don't see how a Norway gig is gonna be a stepping stone to anything. gently caress knows why he took the Stabæk job. They were a team doomed to relegation(by any and all pundits, anyway) that seem to end up mid- to top half of the table. So in that sense it's going quite well, but he's not gonna get much attention from the big european leagues(beyond what he earned due to his history prior to Stabæk).

I don't know poo poo about managing, but I was told he was planning to use the Stabaek job as a stepping stone into bigger things in Europe. I mean turning a relegation candidate into a mid to upper table team is pretty impressive, but like you said I don't know how much people put currency into that, especially since he did it in the Tippeligaen. Anyways, I keep tabs on him because I always liked him as a coach and I think he was unfairly judged a couple times (people thought him playing his son was nepotism when he was one of our best players, he nearly got Egypt a WC qualification but was sacked when he didn't, keep in mind this was all during the revolution which hosed things up massively). Also I ran into him at a pizza place once and he was cool.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Bradley has done well with Stabæk this year but I wouldn't put too much weight into just one season. In Norway consistency is everything. Everyone can finish 2nd the year after a garbage season, and vice versa. Very few manage to follow a very good season with another one, and most are happy with mediocrity.

Last night made me question my interest in football again. Brede Moes goal was one of the best I've seen in years though, and the thought of us sending Brann down is almost too much to handle. Please Rosenborg let us buy Moe in the winter. A permanent transfer is already in place for Daniel Berntsen afaik.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We really really needed Moe in the spring, and as a result we bought a replacement in Eyjolfsson, so now it would make a lot of sense to let Moe stay in Bodø.. which of course is no guarantee that they'll actually do so.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
This weekend should develop into Martin Ødegaard-watch. It has already begun. Appearantly som large newspapers (Spiegel, El Mundo, L'Equipe) have touted Ødegaard as "the best talent this decade". Norwegian media explodes.

I for one can't wait until we have some proper football again.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Spiegel actually said century, not decade :v:

E: If he doesnt get to play I will murder my balls

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

TheRat posted:

Spiegel actually said century, not decade :v:

E: If he doesnt get to play I will murder my balls

So what about that murdering?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Consider them dead.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Tor-Kristian Karlsen has stated he might be interested in the available job as director of sports at Rosenborg. That might be the most important signing for many a year for us. Please don't screw this up, Koteng.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Lurgy posted:

Tor-Kristian Karlsen has stated he might be interested in the available job as director of sports at Rosenborg. That might be the most important signing for many a year for us. Please don't screw this up, Koteng.

That would be a great signing for you. Will he replace Hoftun?

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Although nothing official has been announced for next years plans, I don't think it's very likely that Hoftun will get that job back. They'll just have a fan rebellion on their hands if that happens. My guess is he's cutting his losses and going into coaching again. Ingebrigtsen like him, so if Bruttern gets the main gig Hoftun will likely be his sidekick.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Finally the fun starts up again! One whole weekend of football fun.

Tonight:
Brann - Sarpsborg 08

Tomorrow:
Start - Aalesund
Molde - Haugesund

Sunday:
Strømsgodset - Lillestrøm
Odd - Bodø/Glimt
Sandnes Ulf - Sogndal
Stabæk - Viking
Rosenborg - Vålerenga

My hopes: Sarpsborg will win against Brann, Godset will win against Lillestrøm, Sogndal takes three points and of course 2-0 to Vålerenga.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Man, I can't wait for next season, we may actually end up top of the table!

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
gently caress this, they had one player that we needed watch out for in the match, yet he gets the two chances the needs to score :suicide:

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Oh, for gently caress'S sake!

We're getting really good at pissing away a lead this season.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
:getin:

Quite the rollercoaster-ride for us. Starting to like this Malec guy, and Helland is ace.

truls
Jan 6, 2003

can this thread please by tippeligaen + brann next season? i dont want to leave yooooooooooou

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

truls posted:

can this thread please by tippeligaen + brann next season? i dont want to leave yooooooooooou

euroboy kept posting about that weird yellow team from the north pole, so I dont see why you cant post about the independant state of Bergen.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

loving hell Brann are terrible. We're staying up at least, but we're going right down if can't get proper replacements for Sane and Badou.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

euroboy posted:

loving hell Brann are terrible. We're staying up at least, but we're going right down if can't get proper replacements for Sane and Badou.

I'd like to thank Bodø for your generosity and compassion for the weak and poor. You gave us many free chances tonight, even though we didn't deserve them. Only fair that we kicked the ball into the stands every time.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Oh my... Brann-Sogndal next Sunday is gonna be a must-watch match. It's gonna get UGLY in a damned hurry. Can't wait!

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
gently caress yes, finally 3 points after that string of losses. Convincing win too :getin:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Hooray, we got third place! With the team doing so well now I guess it's a safe bet that Bruttern will get the job for next year. I was kind of hoping we'd get an outsider for once, but worst case scenario is we get to pick another new manager in a year or so!

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

And actually it turns out Ibba is quite good??

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Are Sandnes Ulf relegated yet? Or does Chiqui have some more time before he returns to Cartago in shame (again).

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Two matches left to play and they're three points off the playoff spot, which is the best they can hope for. Not very likely, but they're not relegated just yet!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

euroboy posted:

And actually it turns out Ibba is quite good??

Haha, no.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Tippeligaen 2015 will kick off on the 6th of.. April! Maybe we'll get a season without snow-footy(who am I kidding, Tromsø are back).

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
In actual news, it seems the whole Jim Solbakken being the norwegian Jorge Mendez seems to be getting some attention these days. I suspect hes got enough good friends that nothing will come of it, but still some interesting stuff. eagerly awaiting the latest issue of Josimar to arrive!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I've been following this case alot and it seems like the norwegian sports journos doesn't take any criticism because "they didn't think something wrong was going on". Knut Espen Svegaarden from Dagbladet goes a long way to say that "since he [Solbakken] have generated so much money to Norwegian clubs he shouldn't be accused of anything".

New round on Sunday! Hopefully Sogndal takes the three points against Brann.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

azathosk posted:

New round on Sunday! Hopefully Sogndal takes the three points against Brann.

Sogndal is used to be in the relegation battle most seasons, not the case for Brann usually. Might give Sogndal a mental advantage perhaps?

Sandnes Ulf might also make it if Sogndal-Brann ends in a draw and they win. That would leave Ulf and Brann with 24 and Sogndal with 25 before the last round. Would make for an interesting last round to say the least.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I guess Brann might be feeling the pressure more, and if they don't start off well(or Sogndal scores first) the home fans might add to that. Still, I feel like Brann will probably beat Sogndal at home. Sogndal play Stabæk at home in the last match however, while Brann play Haugesund away, and I'd rate Sogndals chances better there. Tense stuff!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Autumn 2014 is Cool and Good IMO, unlike autumn 2013, which was bad, and poo poo.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Well, 3 points and a convincing win in our last match at home for the season :getin:

5th place as well, miles better than expected before this season. Shame Molde did not beat Strømsgodset, we could have had a shot at 4th, but I can live with 5th place (and above Vålerenga as a nice bonus :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

A bit hard to understand how we stayed up, we've been garbage most of the season. Today was horrible, surely it can't get any worse against Viking next week. I can't wait for it all to end, I've had enough.

• Locked thread