Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The one combo muspelheims taught me how to mash the shoot guns button and abuse bullet climax. Also apparently spamming punch with the bow continuously doesn't count as a combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I beat all the one combo Muspelheims on my first try even as I was waiting for it to give me the failure screen. The dodge offsets were inside me all along. :kiddo:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I've been able to beat all the one combo Muspelheims at the moment but i'm pretty sure i'm not doing dodge offset properly.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

notZaar posted:

The one combo muspelheims taught me how to mash the shoot guns button

oh you poor thing

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've honestly never had problems with keeping combos up without dodge offset. It seems to be really forgiving and as long as you can hit the enemy with a few bullets it'll keep the timer going.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Platinum Games has the best employees. https://twitter.com/PG_kuroda/status/528149338292121600

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's not Moth Within, get that poo poo outta here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I don't think I've ever Dodge Offset once, never hindered me any. So long as you never drop the combo you still have a decent chance of getting Plat score for most battles.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

I don't think I've ever Dodge Offset once, never hindered me any. So long as you never drop the combo you still have a decent chance of getting Plat score for most battles.

When you play the game correctly you'll be doing it without even realizing the fact.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is it possible to be doing dodge offset and still be terrible?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Is it possible to be doing dodge offset and still be terrible?

Yeah just go play 3 star tag climax for a bit.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm kind of wondering how exactly Rodin could possibly be bad in Tag Climax having just finished chapter 10: I was pretty much just along for the ride there, dude was a goddamn machine. It was just sort of a blur of blood and wicked weaves and when I came to I had a platinum medal (got tagged twice somehow).

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I can do dodge offsets fine, I just always forget to continue the string after the dodge. The only times that I manage to do a wicked weave after one is on accident :(

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I can do dodge offsets fine, I just always forget to continue the string after the dodge. The only times that I manage to do a wicked weave after one is on accident :(

Best way to learn it is just to deliberately stick the dodges plus the followup in. So think "I'm going to do punch, dodge offset kick, punch." and after a while you'll be doing it as part of your normal flow. Then once you get used to the feeling of doing it you will begin to stick it into your normal play!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ManlyGrunting posted:

I'm kind of wondering how exactly Rodin could possibly be bad in Tag Climax having just finished chapter 10: I was pretty much just along for the ride there, dude was a goddamn machine. It was just sort of a blur of blood and wicked weaves and when I came to I had a platinum medal (got tagged twice somehow).

Basically imagine a character with no mobility. Just like none, not even a dodge. In exchange all he gets is a very-slightly-easier to activate Moons effect. He's got amazing defense but that's it and lacking mobility or witch time absolutely cornholes him, especially since Tag Climax is co-op and your partner is gonna step all over your combo score.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Playing bayonetta 1 on the xbox one. finished it on normal ages ago, and am currently halfway on hard. I'm currently playing with the parry accessory and the 'make enemies enraged' accessory. I'm doing ok. What are the best accessories for just, getting through the game on hard? the parry one and pulley's butterfly maybe?

Also, what is the best weapon setup? I have sword/bazooka and durga/ice skates. Is there something preferable?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

redreader posted:

Playing bayonetta 1 on the xbox one. finished it on normal ages ago, and am currently halfway on hard. I'm currently playing with the parry accessory and the 'make enemies enraged' accessory. I'm doing ok. What are the best accessories for just, getting through the game on hard? the parry one and pulley's butterfly maybe?

Also, what is the best weapon setup? I have sword/bazooka and durga/ice skates. Is there something preferable?

Shuraba is so much better than all the weapons in Bayo 1 it's kind of tragic. I go with Shuraba/Kilgore for my primary set and dual Durga for my secondary. No, it's not so I can abuse the glitch get that camera out of my face

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like the parry accessory and Eternal Testimony as general use accessories. What weapon you use depends on your preference. I like playing through with double Scarborough Fair and double Durga with situational weapon swaps for bosses/alfheims.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you put on the Zelda costume you get parry for free so you can play around with other accessory setups. I haven't messed around with it too much but it's got potential for some unbalanced fun.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there different witch trials for every difficulty?

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are there different witch trials for every difficulty?

1st/2nd/3rd Climax Witch Trials are the same, Infinite Climax changes the enemies for the witch trials but the objective is always the same regardless of difficulty.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

charismaslover posted:

1st/2nd/3rd Climax Witch Trials are the same, Infinite Climax changes the enemies for the witch trials but the objective is always the same regardless of difficulty.

I thought the Witch Trial difficulties were locked like they were in the first game? That was my impression of it when I played through, at least.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

charismaslover posted:

I think you're thinking of the muspelheims. The witch trials are the extra chapters unlocked after beating the game, and I'm pretty sure they only have one difficulty level.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

yoshesque posted:

I thought the Witch Trial difficulties were locked like they were in the first game? That was my impression of it when I played through, at least.

Peewi posted:

I think you're thinking of the muspelheims. The witch trials are the extra chapters unlocked after beating the game, and I'm pretty sure they only have one difficulty level.

Yeah, I was thinking of Muspelheims for some reason and got mixed up. Witch trials do only have one difficulty level.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think that was precisely where I left off in MGR, because I was playing a Gamefly copy and wanted to get something else in my queue. It was one of those over the top, ultra-satisfying boss fights that Bayonetta 2 is chock full of.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

enojy posted:

I think that was precisely where I left off in MGR, because I was playing a Gamefly copy and wanted to get something else in my queue. It was one of those over the top, ultra-satisfying boss fights that Bayonetta 2 is chock full of.

That is literally in the first five minutes of the game.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If you haven't tried it Kafka and Chain Chomp complement each other pretty well. You aren't gonna break the score bank but I'm finally having fun with Kafka because of it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

You have seen NOTHING. That is just setting the tone.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

enojy posted:

Please go buy Revengeance for real because you literally haven't seen anything yet.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ImpAtom posted:

That is literally in the first five minutes of the game.

Oh crap. I was at least a few hours in, at some boss fight that took place down the side of a building as it was being destroyed.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

enojy posted:

Oh crap. I was at least a few hours in, at some boss fight that took place down the side of a building as it was being destroyed.

Haha, naw brother, you exactly just started.

Your face when you see the rest. It'll be glorious.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Whoever suggested putting Chainsaws on your feet is a genius. I've been having good success in Tag climax. There was one person who stood out. It looked like they were trying to abuse Rosa's umbran armor or whatever it's called If it worked out for them, they would demolish my score, but the ended up dieing a bunch so I was able to make up the difference on most levels.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

If you haven't tried it Kafka and Chain Chomp complement each other pretty well. You aren't gonna break the score bank but I'm finally having fun with Kafka because of it

Actually you are going to break the score bank with Kafka + Chain Chomp. PPPP+K(hold) shoots out 3 explosives chomps that give tons of points. Even more if the chomp is big or you activate umbran climax.

I can definitely win in tag climax a lot of the time with Kafka + CC.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Am I missing something re: the achievement for freezing 40 enemies? I've played chapters 1 to 4 and have been freezing everything that would let me, but it still hasn't unlocked it. Is there some other condition at play besides just freezing 40 enemies?

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Fedule posted:

Am I missing something re: the achievement for freezing 40 enemies? I've played chapters 1 to 4 and have been freezing everything that would let me, but it still hasn't unlocked it. Is there some other condition at play besides just freezing 40 enemies?

I read that it's supposed to be 40 enemy types, not 40 enemies total. Which I have to say is accurate because of how many I've frozen. Oh and you can freeze bosses to, so now I need to replay all the bosses freezing them and hopefully I'll unlock it.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Man, first I had a blast with 4 swords.

And now I've got 4 whips AND 4 chainsaws. The weapons in Bayonetta 2 are so good.

The only thing I wish for is that there was a super nice unlock after beating the hardest difficulty in Bayonetta 1 and 2 that'd allow you to
use all the weapons across both games.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Sonel posted:

I read that it's supposed to be 40 enemy types, not 40 enemies total. Which I have to say is accurate because of how many I've frozen. Oh and you can freeze bosses to, so now I need to replay all the bosses freezing them and hopefully I'll unlock it.

Ha ha good one. That was a funny joke that you told.

:shepface:

TyrantGuardian
Jan 26, 2011

Sonel posted:

Oh crap, that explains a lot. Only missing four achievements now, but something tells me the last one will be hard as hell. You need to kill Rodin, right?

What about the "touch Bayonetta in 10 cutscenes" one? Just tap her at any moment on the gamepad screen? There's no feedback when you do so I've been unsure about it.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Fedule posted:

Ha ha good one. That was a funny joke that you told.

:shepface:
Tell me about it, I played through the entire 1st climax freezing enemies but not any of the bosses. Also I think I need to go do all the mini bosses in the depths as well :negative:.

TyrantGuardian posted:

Oh crap, that explains a lot. Only missing four achievements now, but something tells me the last one will be hard as hell. You need to kill Rodin, right?

What about the "touch Bayonetta in 10 cutscenes" one? Just tap her at any moment on the gamepad screen? There's no feedback when you do so I've been unsure about it.
I just tapped her on the gamepad screen. You could try going into the shop tapping her, then leaving the shop and tap her. I don't know if that will work though but it would be quick to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I just ran into an odd bug in Chapter 8, Verse 3. One of the demons did their teleport attack but never reappeared. I could just walk onto the platform and do the boss fight, then after I got the thingy in the portal, Verse 3 happened again when I came back out of it. Weird.

• Locked thread