Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

visceril posted:

Why would you drink anything besides a bourbon or a scotch? Serious question

because vodka is nice? until grain ethanol and rain water becomes socially acceptable i'll drink the closest to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Mandrake, have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water? Vodka, that's what they drink, isn't it? Never water?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

ReindeerF posted:

Putting ketchup on anything after puberty is a bad sign. Of course in much of Asia ketchup is an ingredient and not a condiment, so this place is hosed.

It'd be fine if store ketchup wasn't so loving sweet

Like my 3 least favorite food things are ketchup, miracle whip and baked beans
What do those things have in common? Soooooooo much loving sugar it's gross and why America is fat

E: soviet fighter planes used pure ethanol as hydraulic fluid for its low freezing point, and yes they used to drink that poo poo all the time

rscott fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 31, 2014

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I generally agree on sugar. Now, imagine everything you just named and double or triple the sugar and you have Southeast Asia.

My wife bought some locally produced salsa a while back and the top three ingredients in order of volume were:

1) Tomatoes

2) Ketchup

3) Sugar

That sums up the Southeast Asian understanding of ketchup right there. Like they amp up the sugar in ketchup to start with and then they put it into other stuff that already has tomatoes and shitloads of sugar. It's amazing. You haven't lived until you've seen someone cover a pizza in lovely sweet ketchup out of a bottle.

To top it off, ketchup made for local consumption is made from papaya, while in The Philippines and elsewhere banana is a common base ingredient, which is why at fast food outlets you'll see "Ketchup" and "American Ketchup" in different containers, heh.

:iiam:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is why the correct condiment is some form of vinegar. Malt or Wuss-ta-shah.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The banana stuff is awesome on fries, I've never seen it called "ketchup" though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

guess whose water boiler is apparently broken/switched off? *throws up shivering thumbs* this guy

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Joementum posted:

This is why the correct condiment is some form of vinegar. Malt or Wuss-ta-shah.
I like that this is as far as you guys got.

It's like over here when they talk about how great lot chong is, which is basically a bowl of some shaved ice with some red beans and corn and some weird jelly or fruit thrown in. I'm like, "Man, wait until you see ICE CREAM! It's like ice and ingredients, but a couple hundred years into the future. You're going to love it."

That's what I feel like when people go on about the vinegar as a condiment. "Holy poo poo, wait until you see what we've done with it in the last two centuries - what happens next will shock you!"

Though I will allow that vinegar is the perfect thing with specific foods.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bob James posted:

:siren: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

Some governments within these United States have stupid laws that won't allow you to buy alcohol on election day. Buy now before it's too late. If you hurry you can stock up on miniatures to hand out to trick-or-treaters.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

calvados is the best drink for fall and also all the other seasons

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yeah watch some of Tyson's early fights (you can probably watch 10 of them in about 20 minutes)

And all 3 of the Ward/Gatti fights

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Freighter air travel? Huh.

Oh sorry "Freightair"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Goddamn Halloween ruins the loving internet.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Soak some crushed red pepper in vinegar.

Goes great with all kinds of meat.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Soak some crushed red pepper in vinegar.

Goes great with all kinds of meat.

This sounds delicious.

How do you all like your pickles? Dill, half-sours, briney as gently caress? What do you like to season your pickles with? What do you pickle besides cucumbers? Please explain to me why you would ruin a watermelon by pickling it my relatives have had no success in getting me to even try it because the idea of it is so crazy to me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh, like, whatever is in the store?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Ketchup is good on french fries and a little on a burger that's already loaded with bacon lettuce tomato cheese onions mushrooms beef mayo pickles and mustard.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

visceril posted:

This sounds delicious.

How do you all like your pickles? Dill, half-sours, briney as gently caress? What do you like to season your pickles with? What do you pickle besides cucumbers? Please explain to me why you would ruin a watermelon by pickling it my relatives have had no success in getting me to even try it because the idea of it is so crazy to me

Regular ol dill right out of the jar and into my face. By hand if possible.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

visceril posted:

I don't care for pickled cucumbers at all. Pickled carrots are alright, I'm pretty certain umeboshi count as pickles and I love those, pickled eggs definitely have their place, and you can't go wrong with pickled herring. Not sure those last two count but whatever.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

visceril posted:

This sounds delicious.

Sweet pickles are an abomination. Any other pickle is pretty good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anyone eat those giant gas store pickles that come in the bag?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReindeerF posted:

That's what I feel like when people go on about the vinegar as a condiment. "Holy poo poo, wait until you see what we've done with it in the last two centuries - what happens next will shock you!"

We'll get there. America only discovered aioli a few years ago.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like vinegar but the only thing I really put it on is batter fried fish. Not catfish tho.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
zoux is there a single thing you like in life beyond your lovely loving retard state?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pretty sure he likes posting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just said I like vinegar

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
not being able to say "gently caress this gay earth" has really robbed something from our ability to express our emotions

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

not being able to say "gently caress this gay earth" has really robbed something from our ability to express our emotions

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Badger of Basra posted:

gay men can be really awful. dunno if it's worse than people in general or not but as a gay man i feel like it is.

i think there's something to be said about homosexual ultra-masculinity's role in the nazi party, but i think it's more to do with anti-female than pro-deviancy or whatever that the common holders of this view have i guess?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The meanest gay people I've met haven't been ultra-masculine.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i think there's something to be said about homosexual ultra-masculinity's role in the nazi party

Oh, I didn't know Scott Lively, candidate for Governor of Massachusetts, was a goon.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
i like my pickles as sour and garlicky as possible, as polish god intended

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait since when is n4i a mod here

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
IK roulette

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zoux posted:

Wait since when is n4i a mod here

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOy1EoX5T0k

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh boy can we get shim in here to post some of the most execrable and embarrassing racist rants I've ever seen

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Anyone eat those giant gas store pickles that come in the bag?

the pickles are ok pickles but who ever wants to eat two pound pickles at a time? i knew a guy in high school who ate one of those before football practice and one after football practice, every day

he died in iraq

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Popular Thug Drink posted:

the pickles are ok pickles but who ever wants to eat two pound pickles at a time? i knew a guy in high school who ate one of those before football practice and one after football practice, every day

he died in iraq
Did he kill himself after ISIS banned pickles?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's your Silicon Valley thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZyQ9g2WTy8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I click on this thread once every couple weeks (it moves super fast) and this is the third time in a row ketchup has been the subject of nearly half the posts on the latest page. I have no idea what to make of this. :psyduck:

• Locked thread