Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Freaquency posted:

It kills me that the playerbase for this game is so adverse to change that a "classic" playlist has to be included.

Can't wait for the entire player base to make camp on the classic playlist and ignore the fun new features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

That's an interesting mechanic.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

That's an interesting mechanic.

I don't really get it.
You hit someone once, then you need to hit them again to actually do damage?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Well, that would be stupid if so. Montage-bait.

But I'm taking "explodes" literally. Ranged short radius traps.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

So you get your C4, but you have to use a sniper rifle to use it :negative:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mymla posted:

I don't really get it.
You hit someone once, then you need to hit them again to actually do damage?

Think of it this way: it's C4 fired from a rifle.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Aphrodite posted:

Think of it this way: it's C4 fired from a rifle.

I just preordered five more copies.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I haven't played a CoD since blops and I legitimately liked Titanfall and wanted it to succeed and I bought this game out out suicide pact loyalty with a buddy of mine and now I'm getting hyped for this game and what is wrong with me. :smith:

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

dreffen posted:

I haven't played a CoD since blops and I legitimately liked Titanfall and wanted it to succeed and I bought this game out out suicide pact loyalty with a buddy of mine and now I'm getting hyped for this game and what is wrong with me. :smith:

Don't get too down buddy. I thought I'd skip AW after Ghosts was just completely unfun for me, but everything I've seen so far looks fun.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I skipped Ghosts, looks like I picked the right game to skip :getin:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I skipped Ghosts, looks like I picked the right game to skip :getin:

This basically. Also a lot of the guns do something "special" like the one that prints rounds on top of regular attachments etc. Very cool.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

There is a robot volleyball covered in knives that comes back to you when you call it. 11/10 game of the year.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Theres a death laser

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
So the Aerial Recon Drone sounds like they brought back the Recon Drone from MW3 but instead of being twice the cost of a UAV, the base model is slightly cheaper. :getin:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Also, laser shotgun. If that thing sucks I'm gong to be really sad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nighthand posted:

Isn't this basically what Fusion rifles are in Destiny?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I got notification my game shipped. Maybe they'll gently caress up and deliver it tomorrow.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Isn't this basically what Fusion rifles are in Destiny?

No, (most) Fusion Rifles in Destiny have way longer range then shotguns.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
True enough.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

anuj posted:

Don't get too down buddy. I thought I'd skip AW after Ghosts was just completely unfun for me, but everything I've seen so far looks fun.

It does! Hopefully it won't be total poo poo or something I don't know. I want more Titanfall pace and movement in modern FPSes. Because that's probably the closest we'll ever get to arena shooters today.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

:sparkles:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Two Day Zero patches? Next gen is here.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Nighthand posted:

"Pump action directed energy weapon"

why the hell would it need to be pump action :psyduck:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shnakepup posted:

It uses static electricity. :v:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Theres a death laser

Nighthand posted:

There is a robot volleyball covered in knives that comes back to you when you call it. 11/10 game of the year.

I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase now...

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2kw0o6/for_those_of_you_who_are_going_on_a_marathon/

legit_muffins posted:

We know that Monster, Mt. Dew and all that stuff gives you energy, but only for a bit then we just go and get more. What I have found works best for me is to start off with either and energy drink/coffee then keep a big rear end thing of water next to me. The more water you drink, the better and more alert you will feel. Try to stay away from junk food if you can help it, go for some healthy snacks/fruit. Lastly, aim about every hour or so to knock out some pushups/situps in between matches, it only takes a few seconds and you will be doing great things for your body AND ranking up fast. Just my two cents, but thought I could share them. Any other tips people may have feel free to add them!

KronicZG posted:

Redbull and adderall should keep me going for the following 24 hours.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shnakepup posted:

Intimidation.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Feenix posted:

I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase now...

Review preview? :munch:

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Oh lordy, I bought the 99$ version for both PS4 AND PC last night? What was I thinking?! :negative:

Also, apparently people have managed to get into the character account information through a hack on the 360 version and unlock everything already.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

BabelFish posted:

Oh lordy, I bought the 99$ version for both PS4 AND PC last night? What was I thinking?! :negative:

Also, apparently people have managed to get into the character account information through a hack on the 360 version and unlock everything already.

A lot of people are stupid and dumb in this thread. You are the king of stupid and dumb. Here is your crown of doritos you big dumb idiot.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Knifegrab posted:

A lot of people are stupid and dumb in this thread. You are the king of stupid and dumb. Here is your crown of doritos you big dumb idiot.

I'll only accept if the scepter is a Mountain Dew can duct-taped to a broom handle.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

I'd rather have the second guy watching my back while I cap points.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BabelFish posted:

:laffo:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Freaquency posted:

So you get your C4, but you have to use a sniper rifle to use it :negative:

GOTY

Quickscope C4 Montages

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

univbee posted:

It uses static electricity. :v:

Same technology that gives us these bad boys:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

BabelFish posted:

Call of Duty:Advanced Warfare-I bought the 99$ version for both PS4 and PC and all I got was this Doritos gun.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BabelFish posted:

Did you intentionally buy both or just forget you had one and then bought the other before realizing?

Either way ahahahaha, although I laugh knowing there's a very real risk I might do something similarly dumb.

Has anyone said gently caress the police and given their opinions on the game based on their street date-violating copy?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Watching a Live from Playstation stream. Looks fun. I have a question though, as I got on board this "Silly-Train" late. Did they ever confirm PS4 performance? 60fps? 1080p? Campaign? Multi?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Feenix posted:

Watching a Live from Playstation stream. Looks fun. I have a question though, as I got on board this "Silly-Train" late. Did they ever confirm PS4 performance? 60fps? 1080p? Campaign? Multi?

I think it's 1080p60 for everything on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

univbee posted:

Did you intentionally buy both or just forget you had one and then bought the other before realizing?
I was browsing steam and went "oh, people are going to want to play that at the next LAN" without remembering someone had convinced me to get it on PS4. Ahh well, my friends are pretty evenly split on platforms anyway.

Feenix posted:

Nothing official but: http://charlieintel.com/2014/10/30/advanced-warfare-ps4-appears-native-1080p-based-early-copies/

• Locked thread