Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Kytrarewn posted:

RK5 on normal mode was, I think, the biggest challenge that I have had so far in the game. I'm about to fight the endboss of TVHM (as claptrap, fwiw) and there hasn't been any boss even nearly as frustrating and wipey.

The difficulty curve in general is all kinds of hosed, though. Shoot the obvious boss at 41, then immediately your next quest is surrounded by swarms of impossible level 47 trash.

RK5 is pretty trivial if you have a good corrosive weapon. His health bar is red, but he's hugely vulnerable to corrosive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Halloween event today/tomorrow. http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/29/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-halloween-event-coming-up/page/1/

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I just hung out in the elevator. I'm not sure why you'd step outside when you've got a perfect little cubby with cover on all sides, including a ceiling.

Speaking of uneven quest difficulty, I picked up the quest to find Pickle's sister in TVHM last night and holy poo poo did it kick my rear end. It was marked as being my level but every enemy was like 5 levels higher. They took next to no damage, resisted every single cryo proc (not ideal when my character is based around meleeing/exploding frozen enemies), and each could kill me in about 2 hits with zero hope of taking anything down in time during FFYL. Only ended up beating it by clumping them all up, spamming my overpowered legendary grenades, then running away to buy more.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
They should do a raid boss version of RK5.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Vargs posted:

spamming my overpowered legendary grenades, then running away to buy more.

Yes, I just came across a level 37 Homing Storm Front, this has been my strategy lately.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Skandranon posted:

RK5 is pretty trivial if you have a good corrosive weapon. His health bar is red, but he's hugely vulnerable to corrosive.

He's super easy (on normal) if you have even a remotely decent weapon.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Is there a Underground Loot Railroad on the 360 like there was for BL2? I have a legendary SMG I would love to dupe for goons, but the player population seems... small. Also, anyone on the 360 who does gun editing, I have raw legendary materials for the Striker shotty and the IFV smg ready for level fuckery.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Speaking of Halloween events, the Halloween headhunter pack is 66% off on Steam!

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

NuttO posted:

When you clear TVHM, everything scales to 50, plus Belly drops the Striker, a legendary weapon. It's not a great shotgun, but having a bunch of them means more blood for the grinder god. They also drop moonstones and there's a few chests in the area you can farm as well.

Oh, what if I'm not 50 when I clear TVHM?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Based on the pacing of the game, you will be. If not, you'll be pretty close. I haven't finished a game on TVHM yet but I ended playthrough 1 at level 27 so logically I'd be almost to 50 by the end of the second one, if they really did fix the game's level pacing this time around that is.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Either way, if you clear TVHM without hitting 50, you'll surely be able to handle everything scaled to 50.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

What is the best way to play with goons?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

CJacobs posted:

Based on the pacing of the game, you will be. If not, you'll be pretty close. I haven't finished a game on TVHM yet but I ended playthrough 1 at level 27 so logically I'd be almost to 50 by the end of the second one, if they really did fix the game's level pacing this time around that is.

I was 3 bars short of 50 when I finished the main quest in TVHM. Took a wander round Vorago Solitude and was 50 pretty soon. You can't do the Guardian Hunter quest ttil 50 because the mission weapon it gives you is level 50. :v:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Genocyber posted:

He's super easy (on normal) if you have even a remotely decent weapon.

This, ton't be like me and get to RK5 with a bunch of projectile weapons and lasers. Find something corrosive and hitscan-y.

Michaellaneous posted:

What is the best way to play with goons?

I'd say steam chat but it usually only has a handful of people. I guess the best way is to make goon friends or ask here.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

CJacobs posted:

Pacing for tvhm is a bit off, I had to grind a few times to not have the next story quest as impossible. But I was deliberately skipping sidequests to get them after they were leveled to 50.

Good place to level 47+ is in tychos ribs. You have that one side area with like 7 chests and the secret area with several enemies and another set of chests.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My friend is looking around for good Nisha builds but isn't really seeing much. I haven't played as her at all so I dunno what to suggest. Any goon recommendations for what's good to take with Nisha? She likes using sniper rifles a lot. :shobon:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Kaubocks posted:

My friend is looking around for good Nisha builds but isn't really seeing much. I haven't played as her at all so I dunno what to suggest. Any goon recommendations for what's good to take with Nisha? She likes using sniper rifles a lot. :shobon:

It's not hard to build a good Nisha, but here's what I did for building around snipers (and vladof pistols :v:). I went down the right tree first before going down the middle one. I grabbed the last skill in the middle tree just because I figure, why not? I mostly just grabbed every skill I could that would increase the sheer amount of damage I could put out above most else.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Awesome, thanks!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How do people skip skills like that? I've seen it in BL2 as well, but every time I've played you have to fill out the whole tree. Do you have to use an editor?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

How do people skip skills like that? I've seen it in BL2 as well, but every time I've played you have to fill out the whole tree. Do you have to use an editor?

You have to spend 5 points per tier. So for example, you put 5 points into the any of the skills on a tree, and it unlocks the next row, and so on until the bottom. You don't have to actually put points into the next tier down to unlock the one after. In Borderlands 2 it was 5 points for all of the rows until the capstone, but Pre-Sequel changes it so that you only have to put in one point to unlock the row past the middle one.

The reason this is possible:

is because, cumulatively, there are enough points in the tree further up:

to unlock the bottom row without having any points in the one above it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 31, 2014

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
http://thepresequel.com/Nisha/4141014100510000000000000000000000

I found the left hand tree to be very good for leveling, as it doesn't depend so much on it's capstone. Each of the middle skills increases the number of Order stacks you can have, which primarily give you a ton of health regen options. This is primarily an aerial combat/melee tree, where the more damage you are taking, the more you'll regenerate. The capstone skill also allows you to one-shot most enemies when at full Order stacks. Very good if you like a mix of melee & shooting.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Man, I feel like Claptrap is really going to come into his own in TVHM. The middle tree, while great for co-op, makes you a tanking MACHINE. Even playing solo I'm running around with 800 - 1000 more health than a guy 6 levels higher than me and everything I do triggers health regen for me. Combined with an Adaptive shield and a Juggernaut OZ kit, things get my shield down, but I can't remember the last time I went into FFYL.

Sure, the action skill is useless 50% of the time, but at least it's fun and has worked as a handy 'emergency 100% health' button often enough.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

NuttO posted:

When you clear TVHM, everything scales to 50, plus Belly drops the Striker, a legendary weapon. It's not a great shotgun, but having a bunch of them means more blood for the grinder god. They also drop moonstones and there's a few chests in the area you can farm as well.

The Striker was great for an anarchy Gaige because it's got way tighter of a spread than a normal shotgun, but anarchy Gaige isn't in this game so... yeah.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja

Vargs posted:

I just hung out in the elevator. I'm not sure why you'd step outside when you've got a perfect little cubby with cover on all sides, including a ceiling.

I wiped like 15 times before realizing I could just hang out in the elevator, and pop up to buy health when I was low. After that, the fight was ridiculously easy, and he drops a poo poo ton of loot.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
I had a lot of trouble with that fight as a melee Athena (without capstone skill, also no corrosive weapon). Couldn't do enough damage to RK5 and was just fighting the mobs over and over. Died 4 times, came back with a Phalanx build and corrosive shotgun, and killed him in less than a minute.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Jusupov posted:

Pacing for tvhm is a bit off, I had to grind a few times to not have the next story quest as impossible. But I was deliberately skipping sidequests to get them after they were leveled to 50.

Good place to level 47+ is in tychos ribs. You have that one side area with like 7 chests and the secret area with several enemies and another set of chests.

I killed the Sentinel at 46, made getting the last 4 levels much easier from those quests that were now scaled up.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I went into RK5 as THVM Wilhelm with a corrosive laser and killed him before all the dialogue had finished.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Started up TPS tonight and I realized all the money drops are giant candies with vault symbols on them. :3:

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
So besides money candy and pumpkin barrels, what else is part of the halloween event?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Solartide posted:

So besides money candy and pumpkin barrels, what else is part of the halloween event?

Undeadlift and his special drop. Took me two tries to have it drop.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Took me eight. I was bored to tears by the time I got it. Code for if you can't be bothered farming it yourself;
code:
BLOZ(igAAAAACwgADLIE9DDMYNMEigCUB5v+/Aqz//x+wAPBMgGlBNQLm)

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Is this part of a quest I can pick up somewhere?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Deadlift has been reskinned and renamed Undeadlift for the weekend. Just go back to his place and kill him again.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Solartide posted:

Pumpkin Skavs!

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Took me eight. I was bored to tears by the time I got it. Code for if you can't be bothered farming it yourself;
code:
BLOZ(igAAAAACwgADLIE9DDMYNMEigCUB5v+/Aqz//x+wAPBMgGlBNQLm)

I got 2 in 2 kills on him. We are talking about the shotgun that shoots pumpkins right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dear Gearbox, thank you for not making the opening video autoplay if you leave the game hanging on the title screen this time around, it is much appreciated because in Borderlands 2 it became unskippable forever when that happened. Thanks. Sincerely, CJacobs

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Skandranon posted:

I got 2 in 2 kills on him. We are talking about the shotgun that shoots pumpkins right?

Yeah, it took forever for it to drop for me, might be because I just used the first character to hand which is still on their first playthrough. No idea if TVHM makes it drop more often.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Yeah, it took forever for it to drop for me, might be because I just used the first character to hand which is still on their first playthrough. No idea if TVHM makes it drop more often.

Mine were both on TVHM. That probably makes more sense... the weapon would be a crappy level 4 item on normal mode, yeah?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Dear Gearbox, thank you for not making the opening video autoplay if you leave the game hanging on the title screen this time around, it is much appreciated because in Borderlands 2 it became unskippable forever when that happened. Thanks. Sincerely, CJacobs
I can't see where you comin' from...♪

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just started seeing cryo guns pop up as I was quitting the game last night. Is cryo considered an element? Can I use Athena's skills to increase my freeze chance by a bajillion? I want to roleplay as Mr. Freeze and make terrible ice puns.

• Locked thread