Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Did they? No body.

He wasn't the best actor so I got the feeling he won't be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Like Doctor Who except you go through a dozen actors in a season instead of 50 years.

Have en episode start w/ Ras stepping on a dirty nail, slowly develop lock-jaw through the episode, die at the end from not eating, and then introduce the next Ras right before the credits roll.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I want to amend my previous statement to include Tom Baker as an actor who wouldn't disappoint me as Ra's al Ghul.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ras gets hit by a car in the middle of explaining his devious plan. Ninjas run in, drop ninja smoke and grab the dead body. Before Oliver can say "what the gently caress was that?" another Ras is back finishing where the first left off.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Any and all former leading Captains from Star Trek.

edit- actually any regular cast member from ST:TNG aside from maybe Gates McFadden would own as Ras.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Oded Fehr is Dr. Fate. :colbert:

This guy...this guy GETS it!

No particular role in mind but I kind of wish this show would pick up James Marsters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dead Snoopy posted:

This guy...this guy GETS it!

No particular role in mind but I kind of wish this show would pick up James Marsters.

Me too. He looks like total hell these days and could probably use the work.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

I want to amend my previous statement to include Tom Baker as an actor who wouldn't disappoint me as Ra's al Ghul.

I do not think the show could survive the scenery chewing with Tom Baker and Barrowman

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
We need Mark Sheppard on this show. The CW already has him! He's a regular on one of their other shows!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
All roads somehow lead back to Doctor Who.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

All roads somehow lead back to Doctor Who.

Psh, he was on genre shows before DW.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

thrawn527 posted:

Seriously though, is someone feeding Slade? That question about the prison in The Flash got me thinking.

They just toss him a wild animal. He fights it, tears off what he eats then his guards have the rest buried in New Jersey.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Psh, he was on genre shows before DW.

Yeah, but him, Barrowman, Marsters, and (obviously) Mr. T Baker all connect back to Who.

Oh, and hey, Ben Browder was on Arrow at one point, wasn't he?

EDIT: Oh, poo poo, good ol' Wally Steel, too!

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 31, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but him, Barrowman, Marsters, and (obviously) Mr. T Baker all connect back to Who.
James Marsters was on Doctor Who? When?

quote:

Yeah, he was Diggle's CO who ran the armored car assault team in season 1. He was on The List.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phylodox posted:

He was on Torchwood. We do not talk about Torchwood.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Some Numbers posted:

James Marsters was on Doctor Who? When?

Not Doctor Who but Torchwood, the spin-off (and anagram) of Doctor Who.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, Browder popped up and he just looked awful. Poor guy is not aging well since his knee injury.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Phylodox posted:

Not Doctor Who but Torchwood, the spin-off (and anagram) of Doctor Who.

That does not count.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

edit- actually any regular cast member from ST:TNG aside from maybe Gates McFadden would own as Ras.

On board the Avery Brooks as Ra's crazy train.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Phylodox posted:

Also Laurel's mom

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

I'd paid good money to see Captain Sisko reprise his Bond Villain parody role he played in DS9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 31, 2014

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Wil Wheaton as Ras.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

I'd paid good money to see Captain Sisko reprise his Bond Villain parody role he played in DS9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA

I'd pay good money just to see Avery Brooks on TV again.

While we're at it, we should find roles on the show for Nana Visitor, Claudia Black, and Jeff Coombs.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Wil Wheaton as Ras.

I had a similar idea. This would probably break the internet worse than trying to look up google in google.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

I'd agree Laurel/Katie Cassidy gets poo poo on a lot by goon watchers. But I'm more willing to attribute that to goons having that annoying fandom tendency to not understand how a story or plot works, or why shows or movies or books have them.

Laurel gets poo poo because the writers had no idea what to do with her character and then in comes her sister who's competent as the Canary and an equal to Ollie in every way. Katie Cassidy is a much better actress by far but Laurel was dead weight in a show that moves as fast as Arrow does.

bobkatt013 posted:

Hey the third season of Torchwood was pretty good.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Laurel gets poo poo because the writers had no idea what to do with her character and then in comes her sister who's competent as the Canary and an equal to Ollie in every way. Katie Cassidy is a much better actress by far but Laurel was dead weight in a show that moves as fast as Arrow does.

Yeah when Cassidy dropped lines like THE DARKNESS INSIDE OF ME i was literally in awe

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

As long as he is playing the Avery Brooks from The Captains and out crazing Shatner.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

As long as he is playing the Avery Brooks from The Captains and out crazing Shatner.

I knew I'd forgotten someone. What DC role can we give shatner? Although I think he'd fit in better over on Got Ham.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

I knew I'd forgotten someone. What DC role can we give shatner? Although I think he'd fit in better over on Got Ham.

Chunk

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The Lord Bude posted:

Guardian on Oa. He's banged enough funny coloured aliens.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

I feel like if you made some sort of comic bit-character like a J. Jonah Jameson for Arrow, Shatner could have fun with that or at least I'd enjoy him in that role.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

The Lord Bude posted:

Grodd.

Not just the voice, put him in the monkey suit.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Shatner has the perfect delivery for Grodd.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Some Numbers posted:

We need Mark Sheppard on this show. The CW already has him! He's a regular on one of their other shows!

We need to keep Mark Sheppard free so he can be the next Doctor

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hat tip to Xealot for a nuanced post about the fan reaction to Laurel. There's a pretty nasty sexist tinge to a lot of the rhetoric thrown against her. She's a problematic character because she's given the worst lines - seriously, who the gently caress wrote "the darkness inside me"? But a lot of the backlash against her crosses a line I'm not comfortable crossing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hat tip to Xealot for a nuanced post about the fan reaction to Laurel. There's a pretty nasty sexist tinge to a lot of the rhetoric thrown against her. She's a problematic character because she's given the worst lines - seriously, who the gently caress wrote "the darkness inside me"? But a lot of the backlash against her crosses a line I'm not comfortable crossing.

Blah blah blah it is two things unrelated but merged by internet hyperbole and lack of filter.

She WAS a lovely character. Given lovely stories and lovely lines. For more than a season. That is how people now her. It will take longer than two episodes to get people on board.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This is such a loving weird picture because seriously how old is her mom suppose to be

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/31/arrow-first-look-at-felicity-smoaks-mom/

Woah, Charlotte Ross is 46 , holy crap she must have access to a Lazarus pit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EBR is super young as well, like 23 I think.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

zoux posted:

EBR is super young as well, like 23 I think.

Yup. Charlotte Ross is twice her age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Felicity is the rare TV character that is the same age or older than the young female actress who plays her.

• Locked thread