Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Broguts posted:

maybe the people I play are just worse than me and I'm not good.

hint: it's probably this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I stand there, Ryu's blood dripping from my hands. "Don't do it," I beg the bloody warrior. He looks at me with a look of determination. From a stage's length away, he shuffles weakly backward and forward--trying to convince me that he's not going to jump. But we both know the truth in our hearts of battle. "It's going to work this time," he grunts through the blood and the pain, just like Batman would... In a smooth, powerful motion, he tenses his muscular karate gi and hurls himself into the air like a beautiful, steroid pumping swan.

With a weary sigh of greatness, I knock him out of the air for the last time. I smile to myself, blowing on my fingernails. Is this what it's like to be the best?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Boy look at all these words.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My greatest foe - two paragraphs.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Broguts posted:

maybe the people I play are just worse than me and I'm not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlfFXkds3xs

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Roguelike posted:

I stand there, Ryu's blood dripping from my hands. "Don't do it," I beg the bloody warrior. He looks at me with a look of determination. From a stage's length away, he shuffles weakly backward and forward--trying to convince me that he's not going to jump. But we both know the truth in our hearts of battle. "It's going to work this time," he grunts through the blood and the pain, just like Batman would... In a smooth, powerful motion, he tenses his muscular karate gi and hurls himself into the air like a beautiful, steroid pumping swan.

With a weary sigh of greatness, I knock him out of the air for the last time. I smile to myself, blowing on my fingernails. Is this what it's like to be the best?

I enjoyed this without irony.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Sarchasm posted:

I enjoyed this without irony.

Seconded. Learning to just do basic AA on demand is like a cheat code for +1000PP in Street Fighter.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Shockeh posted:

Seconded. Learning to just do basic AA on demand is like a cheat code for +1000PP in Street Fighter.

My biggest challenge is neutral AA jump as Vega. Gotta get so used to that.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
No English translation yet, but here's the next round of omega mode reveals:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2014/10/31_7950.html

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Satorr posted:

Google translate makes it sounds like Balrog has a ultra 2-lite as a normal command grab now, and Vega is getting turned into some airdasher-esque flying rushdown rear end in a top hat,

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pomp posted:

Google translate makes it sounds like Balrog has a ultra 2-lite as a normal command grab now, and Vega is getting turned into some airdasher-esque flying rushdown rear end in a top hat,

It looks like Vega is getting Ioris insane crossup kick

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Pomp posted:

Sounds like a return to their super turbo incarnations

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

Satorr posted:

Will do a quick and dirty translation for only Boxer's part because he's my boy:

Gigaton Blow:

An incredibly powerful EX move activated via an additional input following an EX Dash Straight. The move itself consumes 3 EX bars, meaning this ultimate weapon requires all 4 bars to use.

The timing for this move makes hit-confirming impossible, so it might take a little of practice to get used to.

This command grab is called the "Horn Breaker", a special-move version of Balrog's "Dirty Bull" that has him stubbornly aiming for the opponent's head. Deals large amounts of stun.

Balrog has gained additional offensive options at both long and close-range, making him a more offensive character overall.

Ayano's inspiration might have been something along the lines of "A Raging Bull with Larger Horns", I suppose.

I guess I'll do a quick summary for the other characters, too:

Claw: Two new moves, Rose Song and Crimson Crucify. Rose Song is a divekick that can be done out of the Flying Barcelona Attack, meaning Claw now has a third option in addition to his grab and claw. Crimson Crucify takes the place of his old EX Rolling Crystal Flash. Takes 2 bars to use, unleashing a devastating high-damage combo attack on your opponent.

Sagat: Tiger Raid is a powerful kicking combination with a flashy finish that takes 2 bars to use and closely resembles how it was in the Alpha series. Can connect from his medium kick, so if you've got the meter to burn you might want to aim for this. Sagat has more target combos and feints now, and can now move more freely on his feet than ever before.

Dictator: Psycho Crusher Omega and Psycho Sabre. EX Psycho Crusher now takes 2 bars to execute and deals a powerful uppercut to his opponent, using Psycho Power to make them explode. He then poses like a boss. Psycho Sabre is the overhead attack (fierce and EX only) that Dictator players have always wanted. Use Double Knee Press to put your enemy on the defensive and then open them up using the Psycho Sabre!

Akuma: Shura-rengoku is an additional Shun-goku-satsu that can be activated out of Akuma's teleport for 2 EX bars. Other moves, such as his demon flip, have been altered or added to in many ways, so Akuma mains will immediately know what's different when try him out for themselves.

Gouken: Fudoushin (whoever translates this will get to have all sorts of fun thinking up flashy names. STEADFAST QUAKE!!) is a new move with short reach but fast start-up that will open up new combo possibilities for Gouken. EX Hadouken now has three variations depending on which combinations of buttons you activate it with.

Seth: EX Sonic Boom now hovers in place for a moment before flying towards the opponent, making it possible for Seth to follow the boom and apply pressure. He has also been given a Chariot Tackle (gently caress yeah). Seth has always had a wide variety of moves, and we've done slight modifications to each one in order to make them easier to use.

The Timely Howard fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 31, 2014

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
They should just make Omega Seth a 100% Urien port complete with unblockables.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Omega Mode is in some ways annoying because it totally could've been Capcom's version of the MKX stance way before the game comes out with a little balancing on damage.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

That Gouken fireball is how it should have worked in the first place.

And the Dhalsim changes aren't enough to make him good even in the base game.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I genuinely wanted Gouken to have had a Void version of Demon, for purely pimp purposes.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I think Omega's going to be pretty poo poo.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I think Omega's going to be pretty poo poo.
I think it will be fun to play, especially with my friends who do not play anywhere near as much Street Fighter as I do!

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

cams posted:

I think it will be fun to play, especially with my friends who do not play anywhere near as much Street Fighter as I do!

And there you go, its pretty much impossible to play Street Fighter with more casual gamers, or gamers who dedicate themselves to other genres. Even if you gimmick yourself you can't help but win.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I used to have LAN parties every other week when I lived in student rooms a while ago, and it was impossible to play anything other than co-op type games. I played SSF4 once when everyone was was waiting for gears of war to get setup and no-one else bothered after a couple wins. Played UT2004 instagib for one match on bloxeh, no-one bothered again after one match. I'm not even very good in UT, but people hate losing. Played a friend in Tekken 6, and he turned the console off after 5 minutes because I kept sweeping him, as he kept rolling backwards after a knockdown.

It was fun playing AoE2 and games like that in 4 vs 4, but it's impossible to play fighting / FPS games against people you know, unless everyone is complete garbage and has no interest in learning the games.

It might be fun playing Omega against these people, until one guy figures out an easy gimmick that no-one can be bothered to learn, and then everyone else drops it immediately to go back to League of Legends.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Divekick seems to fill the role of "casual FG" really well, until someone actually gets good at it then it's terrifying and somewhat of a turn-off.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I used to have LAN parties every other week when I lived in student rooms a while ago, and it was impossible to play anything other than co-op type games. I played SSF4 once when everyone was was waiting for gears of war to get setup and no-one else bothered after a couple wins. Played UT2004 instagib for one match on bloxeh, no-one bothered again after one match. I'm not even very good in UT, but people hate losing. Played a friend in Tekken 6, and he turned the console off after 5 minutes because I kept sweeping him, as he kept rolling backwards after a knockdown.

It was fun playing AoE2 and games like that in 4 vs 4, but it's impossible to play fighting / FPS games against people you know, unless everyone is complete garbage and has no interest in learning the games.

It might be fun playing Omega against these people, until one guy figures out an easy gimmick that no-one can be bothered to learn, and then everyone else drops it immediately to go back to League of Legends.

Yeah it really sucks, like the only video games I really have interest in are Fighting Games (Including Smash Brothers) and single player experiences like RPGS or platformers. I'll "play" FPS with people if there is nothing else to do but its mostly so Im just not the dick saying no to everything.

If I want a co-op game, or social game, I'd rather play a board game.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

apple posted:

Divekick seems to fill the role of "casual FG" really well, until someone actually gets good at it then it's terrifying and somewhat of a turn-off.

Try Nidhogg?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Madmarker posted:

Yeah it really sucks, like the only video games I really have interest in are Fighting Games (Including Smash Brothers)

:can:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

I'm not debating where it falls, hence my placing it in parentheses, some consider it a fighting game, some don't, either way it scratches a similar itch for me, dominating an opponent with skill, hence my lumping it there.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
What I find disappointing is that there's a lot of opportunities to bring back old lost moves from older games but they're totally not doing it.

Like...

*Ryu's donkey kick and Denjin Hadouken from 3s
*Dictator's fireballs from the Alpha games and his big fuckoff psycho crusher from alpha 3
*A whole ton of Chun-Li's poo poo, like her moveset changes entirely in like every game. Her upkicks, 3s b+HP, etc
*A fuckton of supers that were just in the Alpha games like Cammy going all Maximum Spider
*A fuckton of poo poo that was just in the EX games

Basically the coolest poo poo capcom could do is bring back the system direction \ dip switches feature. Imagine how fun it would be if you're just loving around and could toggle:
*faster walk speed
*3s parries
*alpha 2 custom combos
*cancel normals \ specials into ultras
*marvel \ darkstalkers chain combos
*rolls on wakeup
*alpha counters
*other stupid poo poo

Like it would be awesome to just be like "Okay, just for funsies I want my SF4 to play more like ST, or 3s, or Alpha or CvS2 or what the gently caress ever..."

like that would be so cool and I would just loving throw my money at capcom to give me that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a free gimmick mode, you goons.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

apple posted:

QFT

brought it to a group of local fighting game players and ran out of people willing to play pretty quickly

apple
May 18, 2003

Yun seemed lacking in ways to set up his command grab so someone found a way to set up a blockstring into unmashable command grab with the non-EX version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGy0PD05cw

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

What I find disappointing is that there's a lot of opportunities to bring back old lost moves from older games but they're totally not doing it.

Like...

*Ryu's donkey kick and Denjin Hadouken from 3s
*Dictator's fireballs from the Alpha games and his big fuckoff psycho crusher from alpha 3
*A whole ton of Chun-Li's poo poo, like her moveset changes entirely in like every game. Her upkicks, 3s b+HP, etc
*A fuckton of supers that were just in the Alpha games like Cammy going all Maximum Spider
*A fuckton of poo poo that was just in the EX games

Basically the coolest poo poo capcom could do is bring back the system direction \ dip switches feature. Imagine how fun it would be if you're just loving around and could toggle:
*faster walk speed
*3s parries
*alpha 2 custom combos
*cancel normals \ specials into ultras
*marvel \ darkstalkers chain combos
*rolls on wakeup
*alpha counters
*other stupid poo poo

Like it would be awesome to just be like "Okay, just for funsies I want my SF4 to play more like ST, or 3s, or Alpha or CvS2 or what the gently caress ever..."

like that would be so cool and I would just loving throw my money at capcom to give me that

every move they brought back is using existing animations. A lot of those just won't work because of that. And Gouken has the donkey kick and Denjin already.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

MrJacobs posted:

every move they brought back is using existing animations. A lot of those just won't work because of that. And Gouken has the donkey kick and Denjin already.

A hollow shell of Denjin that works completely differently from the 3s Denjin which was fun and had strategic uses. I dislike 3s but man that game did supers right.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

a!n posted:

A hollow shell of Denjin that works completely differently from the 3s Denjin which was fun and had strategic uses. I dislike 3s but man that game did supers right.

SF3 had parries, which is the only thing that made unblockable Denjin not a giant OP piece of poo poo. Though it does suck that charging the move is basically useless in 4, even if they had the spin the stick to charge faster mechanic from 3.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

MrJacobs posted:

yeah I forgot capcom doesn't actually like spending money on games and ultra was budget as hell, I mean all the new content was either ripped from SFxT or a cammy re-skin

that said, Ryu has his donkey kick in SFxT and the animations for Chun's upkicks and back+fierce are already in the game and like... maybe you could just use bison's fierce animation for his fireball or something.

but seriously the option to play SF4 in ST or 3s mode would be rad as gently caress

yes, I realize I could just play ST or 3s but I already do that, just sayin' it would be cool

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

MrJacobs posted:

SF3 had parries, which is the only thing that made unblockable Denjin not a giant OP piece of poo poo. Though it does suck that charging the move is basically useless in 4, even if they had the spin the stick to charge faster mechanic from 3.

Denjin deals half of its stun on block, which would be great if there actually were any setups where you could force them to block it. But there aren't, so the move remains in magical old man wonderland where Gouken actually has and lands mixups.

apple
May 18, 2003

MrJacobs posted:

Any proper Denjin setup will be extremely difficult to parry. It's not practical to expect a Evo Moment 37 every time you fall victim to it, and the best defense was honestly to never allow yourself to be put in that situation in the first place. Thankfully Ryu was still mid tier at best and his best poke was actually EX fireball, yet you're stuck holding on to meter to use Denjin which balanced it out.

Gouken's Denjin is completely different and way less interesting than 3S Ryu Denjin. Maybe Denjin could have been a single hit unblockable fireball that can be focus'd, that would have been cool (but still a little too crazy for SF4-world, whatever :shrug: )

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I still have like zero interest in Omega Mode and I am not sure why they're doing it. Sure they say its to be casual and all, but eh. Then just play endless with some friends.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

apple posted:

Yun seemed lacking in ways to set up his command grab so someone found a way to set up a blockstring into unmashable command grab with the non-EX version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGy0PD05cw

This is good but I'm laughing at the "doing 2 cr.lk into it beats people trying to hold up after blocking" part, as if low short combos into command grab or you can somehow hitconfirm one low short and not do the command grab if they get hit.

apple
May 18, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

This is good but I'm laughing at the "doing 2 cr.lk into it beats people trying to hold up after blocking" part, as if low short combos into command grab or you can somehow hitconfirm one low short and not do the command grab if they get hit.

Yeah his logic's full of holes. If you always do 2 chained hits before going for the grab, they'll just start holding up after the 2nd hit. Your 3rd chained hit needs to be cr.LK followed by st.LK if anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I was confused as well, because in the input display he isn't actually holding up (which would make the command grab whiff anyway).

• Locked thread