Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I hope he freaks out when he sees he earned PvP points and realizes the implications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I hope he freaks out when he sees he earned PvP points and realizes the implications.

Yeah, that there can only be one :getin:

All told that wasn't a bad battle. Not totally worth the wait, but I liked it enough :)

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Pitfall traps are always funny. :allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Did he actually kill those dudes or just blow a hole in their summoning circle?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Noum was so adorable when she got praised. She is my favorite character of the series. I love that murderous little earth spirit. :allears:

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Did he actually kill those dudes or just blow a hole in their summoning circle?

If you look at page 23 the spot where those guys were on the golem is a giant gaping hole. So unless they appear on the next chapter they dead.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Gamer's mind passive makes him not really care about killing dudes, as it turns out. He still has a long way to go to reach Re:Monster levels of psychopathy, though.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Power-ups through eating your foes is pretty loving cool though.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, one of his central powers is basically being a sociopath when it's convenient. He could skin dudes alive while they scream and cry and then make a coat out of their severed faces, and the only thing that would happen is he'd go "Man, it's pretty weird that I'm fine with this....but those are some *really* good stat bonuses.".

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah, one of his central powers is basically being a sociopath when it's convenient. He could skin dudes alive while they scream and cry and then make a coat out of their severed faces, and the only thing that would happen is he'd go "Man, it's pretty weird that I'm fine with this....but those are some *really* good stat bonuses.".

I don't know about that; he still thought the ogre panties were gross, despite them having great stats.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know about that; he still thought the ogre panties were gross, despite them having great stats.

Sure, but he'd have exactly that level of reaction to skinning people alive for crafting mats. Not horror, not an existential crisis. Just a minor little twitch and he'd get on with his life. That's what it means to have the mindset of a video game character. You do what you have to do and you move on.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

It's the same for real-life gamers. A shocking pink set of armor with great stats? nope, looks too gay. Killing a few million innocent people, wow, this is so cool!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Fashion Souls is always a priority.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

Sure, but he'd have exactly that level of reaction to skinning people alive for crafting mats. Not horror, not an existential crisis. Just a minor little twitch and he'd get on with his life. That's what it means to have the mindset of a video game character. You do what you have to do and you move on.
He got pretty grossed out when zombie flesh dropped, and didn't even pick it up.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
He's a sociopath except when comedy demands otherwise.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

trucutru posted:

It's the same for real-life gamers. A shocking pink set of armor with great stats? nope, looks too gay. Killing a few million innocent people, wow, this is so cool!

Remember, no Russian.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Kgummy posted:

He got pretty grossed out when zombie flesh dropped, and didn't even pick it up.

Yes, but he didn't go holy poo poo I am fighting monsters and I could die, what the hell is all this, my life is an inescapable hellscape of torment and horror. He went "ew" and moved on. It's all basically a joke to him.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
The way I see his Gamer Mind ability, it makes him treat real life much like a videogame. Think about it. Would you equip your video game character with ogre panties? Probably not. But you would kill anything that gets in your way because that's how games work.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Uh, why would I not wear ogre panties in a video game?

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

I don't know about you guys but I always equipped my dudes with the most flamboyant armor I could find. There's nothing like gunning down dudes while wearing hot pink body armor. :c00l:

Glad things are moving along, and seeing Noum so pleased is just so adorable. :3: I think Jee-Han hasn't processed what he's done just yet. And it was a kill-or-be-killed situation, I imagine that would go a long way toward eliminating empathy.

I wonder if the golem's fall into the pit crushed the mages on its' chest.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
If he got put into Dead Rising he'd have been crossdressing three chapters in.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Power-ups through eating your foes is pretty loving cool though.

Not just foes, literally anything except ghosts. Re:Monster guy has at least 3x the abilities of Jee-han based on the current translation, probably much more than that actually. That's on top of whatever base stat gains he gets when he eats something.

Guy's come a long way from killing horned rabbits.

It is a rad ability though, I can't recall seeing anything quite like it in a story before. The closest thing would probably be "Absorb and remember the special abilities of others after you see them or experience them," but that's much more limited then "Eat anything, get some of its powers."

Imagine the power he'd get if he hate Jee-han...

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Slime posted:

Would you equip your video game character with ogre panties?

Final Fantasy XIV is a fun MMORPG.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I wonder why they changed it back to "Noum" from "Gnome"? It makes so much more sense as "Gnome"!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ActionZero posted:

Final Fantasy XIV is a fun MMORPG.

Well okay all the cool people will dress in a ridiculous outfit for the fun of it, but Jee Han is obviously one of those serious people who plays games in a serious manner.

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder why they changed it back to "Noum" from "Gnome"? It makes so much more sense as "Gnome"!

Incompetence.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

DrSunshine posted:

MangaJoy and MangaCow use different translations. The later is the competent one that use Gnome, but they don't update as often sometimes.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Slime posted:

Incompetence.

Meh.

I actually kinda like "Noum" because it makes me feel that it's a name rather than a generic title. And she deserves a name, dammit.

I'm still waiting for Noum to stab/crush/blend into red mist the controller wizards. All with a :D on her face.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Mangacow's gotten all caught up now, and has a new chapter.

Looting time! Also time to team up.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh come on! No deaths from that!? What a cop-out.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I didn't expect it right away, but I like how he was taking other people's items like it's a normal thing to do :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SSNeoman posted:

Oh come on! No deaths from that!? What a cop-out.

There was no special cutscene so they just fainted

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So they are following the shonen no death methodology. I'm fine with that. Also looting and gnome being gnome. :3:

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

BurningDance posted:

I didn't expect it right away, but I like how he was taking other people's items like it's a normal thing to do :allears:

Would've been disappointed if he didn't loot anything really. It'd be pretty good if he uses all the wands at once and one shots the golem

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well I mean he was kind of confused why they weren't dead until he saw the charms, so he was totally ready to kill them. Which is itself a pretty big shift from the norm. Go go Mind of the Gamer!

Also I love how his contribution to the fight so far has mostly just been hiding underground and regenerating MP.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
I'm waiting for someone to question why he's taking all of their stuff. "I'm the PC, you're the mobs"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

I'm waiting for someone to question why he's taking all of their stuff. "I'm the PC, you're the mobs"

They are total assholes, I'd probably take their poo poo too.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
I just love that the cultists are staring at Jee-han in mute disbelief as he steals their clothes like it's the most natural thing in the world.

The only way this could be improved on is if he tries to sell the stuff on Abyss Auction later.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Should've checked the masks for any auxiliary mana/magic buffs, though.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Evil Thing posted:

The only way this could be improved on is if he tries to sell the stuff on Abyss Auction later.

You know, they sell stolen people on the abyss auction i don't think anyone would blink at stolen stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Nahxela posted:

Should've checked the masks for any auxiliary mana/magic buffs, though.

Would have had to illustrate the faces. A normal PC would have stripped off every piece of clothing right down to the indestructible ogre skin underwear and the copper wiring out of their houses, but drawing a dozen identical masks is easier than drawing a dozen different faces.