Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

What the gently caress 'eye monster', it's a beholder you unwashed savage.

I do believe this may be one of those cases where they have to call it something else because somehow 'beholder' isn't generic yet. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

It's only a beholder if it's made by Wizards of the Coast.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Reaper version is a Gauth rather than a beholder anyway. it's not big enough nor does it have enough eyestalks to be a beholder.
:goonsay:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath Complete!
My first 15mm guys. More fun than I thought they'd be.

Jake Williamson

Jonny Ringo

Jesse James

The whole gang

No extra stuff done this month but at least I finished the oath. Without this push, these cowboys would not get painted.

edited to include username!

jodai fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 28, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

The Cav, there were three left over that I didn't want to cram onto a base, so I made them into command point tokens/counters.

The Line Infantry.

Finally, the light infantry/skirmishers. including an attempt at 6mm scale Poppys for the journal.

For anyone who doesn't know, the Poppy is the Royal British Legion remembrance symbol here in the UK. Really these should be WWI Tommys, but I worked with what I had.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 26, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

For legal reasons it is certainly not a Beholder
https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/eye/latest/77043

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the pink-suited puppet on my shaman, for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Also, I realized a lot of my models have been front-only shots for a few months. Here's one to prove I paint both sides:

The camera is merciless in showing how rough my primer job was, but my yellows and oranges came out dope so who cares

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Under 15 posted:

Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the pink-suited puppet on my shaman, for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Also, I realized a lot of my models have been front-only shots for a few months. Here's one to prove I paint both sides:

The camera is merciless in showing how rough my primer job was, but my yellows and oranges came out dope so who cares

Every time man. Every loving time. Love it.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE! :catdrugs:

The gang

The Speculo killer got a tattoo to blend in better with the human society she's infiltrating (For the Jurnal). Also you can see how poorly my airbrush atomizes paint in this shot! I'd really like a better one..

I also am claiming Parts List with this fella:

And Double the Fun since I did them both.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Tarik Mansuri

Hassassin Barid

Fusiliers

Hexas Sniper

Croc Man

And my Journal Entry:

This Owlbear is a Shriner. You can tell by his fez, and his tiny car.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath complete!

Sorry for the poor phone camera pictures, I seem to have lost my normal one. I'm claiming the journal for the conspicuous American Red Cross logo on the kneepad.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

Claiming jurnal for the pink glow of the horse's eye as well as the runes on the sword.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath complete!

Claiming Jurnal for the Pink Stuff in his syringe

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Deanut Pancer posted:

Oath complete!

Claiming Jurnal for the Pink Stuff in his syringe

Look at that fantastic loving blood splatter.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath complete!
also Themed Group

Fear the pumpkin head!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal is the pink shoulder armour.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am going to have to declare OATH FAILED yet again. I didn't wash my Reaper Bones mini and it rejected his paint in some spots, and I don't have time to fix it.

Better luck next month, I suppose. :smith:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:vomarine: October oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming:
Monthly theme: Breast Cancer, pink "eye beast".

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Great stuff coming in :)

I'm going to have to delay getting the November Inquisitor's Journal to you guys this weekend, I'm out of town at a work event and won't be able to post anything. If you've been partaking in the Oath Thread the last couple of years though, you'll be aware that November is Movember, and that means painting, sculpting or adding hair in some fashion to your model, so you get the idea!

I'll post the official Inquisitor's Journal tomorrow night if I have the energy too, otherwise look for it Sunday (which is the day we travel back) or Monday (I have that day off because we'll be getting in very very late).

Also, I need to compile the September completed Oaths for everyone to check, I've been very busy this month and I'm very sorry about that! It's not the fault of the Judges or anyone else in any way that the Judgements haven't been done yet, just a lot of stuff happening lately!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

goddamn bonesium mold lines

The Jurnal is, obviously, the pink quartz formation on this dude's back.

I'd also like to toot my own horn and point out two charitable events/organizations I've donated to this month, in the spirit of giving or some crap like that: The Riverview Center of Iowa & Illinois, which fights domestic violence, sexual assault, bullying and other issues; and last weekend's 24-hour videogaming marathon for Extra-Life.org, sponsoring fellow goons who hate cancer! See get it their team name is Goons Hate Cancer and their donations go to children's hospitals and

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Wendigo, 3 Ice Gamin, Ice Golem, Rasputina

A themed group of the Cult of the December. The snow of the gamin and golem bodies is textured up with GW textures, and the ice is NMM, only a month late. :toot:

Also, don't buy Vallejo foam snow, it's useless. I'll have to grab some nice PVA and bicarb for some good snow effects on the bases.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

ForkBanger posted:

Also, don't buy Vallejo foam snow, it's useless. I'll have to grab some nice PVA and bicarb for some good snow effects on the bases.

Are you talking about the Snow & Foam in the little dropper bottle? Yeah, that stuff...has problems. I swear by Woodland Scenics Soft Flake Snow, myself. It holds together nicely and you get an imperial shitte-tonne of the stuff in the container.

Between ForkBanger and Under 15, I'm really loving all the cell-shaded-looking minis folks are posting lately. Big blocks o' bright color and dark cartoony panel lines. Great stuff, guys!

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

For the Journal and in celebration of National Bat Week I went with Bat Conservation International, converting the goblin riding the bat and putting the logo/colors on the model.

Vermintide fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 1, 2014

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal
Pink BCA symbol in the Covenant's book.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Oath Complete!

At first, I was going to go ahead and just paint something pink, but then it occured to me that I paint half my stuff pink, anyway. So, as my cause, I selected literacy! And built the following little scene:

There's probably something in the Warhammer cannon that says that Orcs and Goblins can't read, but I don't care!

Here are some work in progress shots:

I would like to claim: Journal and Fly your Flag!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Well gently caress me.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
:vomarine: Oath Complete! :vomarine:

Claiming jurnal for the goblin's pink bandana. Also here is a parts list.

Vallejo
gory red
bloody red
orange fire
cayman green
camouflage green
dead flesh
white
glaze medium
thinner medium

Citadel
snakebite leather
adeptus battlegrey
bubonic brown

Reaper
dirty bone
graveyard bone

woodlands scenics snow
gale force 9 winter grass

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:spooky:Oath Complete!:spooky:

Journal entry: This Chovar Psychic is turning pink.

Mechanithralls, a themed group

Skarre

Sea Witch

Thagrosh

Typhon

Beast Mistress

Brun Cragback and Lug

Herne and Jonne

Optifex

Nyan Nyan

Herald of Vulcanis

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

First up is my theme for the month, the icebucket challenge gnoblars!

The town of Wurtbad had nearly had enough of the Ogre mercenaries. Wine stocks were running low, several flocks of geese had disappeared, and the gnoblars were sporting an incredible number of of feather fetishes. Not to mention the smell of nearly a hundred ogres and their hanger-ons camped outside the ramparts. The council dithered on how to get payment for the missing supplies and how to get the Ogres to be on their way south towards Talabecland. The local priest of Sigmar demanded that the mercenary company give back to the community, not to mention keep the gnoblars from sneaking off into town to try and rob anything shiny from the temple.

Smigg and his fellow lackeys were tasked with giving back to the community. That, or become the next meal for the Tyrant. Pulling several buckets from the latrine ditch they used to sneak into the town proper, the greenskins began to look for a way to 'donate' back to the people of Wurtbad. Yes, the set of stairs by the small alley behind the stables would be a great place to set up...

Next are the space hulk genestealers.

Lastly my 4x6 gaming table is DONE!

Texture! Color! Hooray!

I am claiming backstory and diorama for this month. It was fun to try something a little different. Also, the diorama was themed for a bloodicebucket challenge. The bucket about to be dumped on the hapless victim is full of blood, as I helped organize a blood drive at my workplace for my local chapter of The Red Cross!

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Oath Complete!

This was an interesting experience to fail upwards at converting Revell plastic model kits into Ork vehicles. I like to think that this one went better than the El Camino Trukk project, so that's good. Revell models, by the way, have insanely weird warping on a lot of the fiddly plastic bits. I'll have to post a picture of an unused ground crew figure from this kit...

Wouldn't be a fighter without a few kill insignia on the side.

That's one half of the drum magazine off an Aegis quad gun, I kinda wish they had kept the same "belt fed 20mm rounds" motif going down the drum that they used in the feeder part above. Air pirate flag, maybe?

For this month's theme, I'm WAAAGH!ing for the Cure!

The two weapon options are magnetized, so you can swap between Dakkajet and Boom Bomba.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I rushed like mad to complete this in-between sudden unplanned Halloween parties; Australia doesn't do Halloween, dammit, so I wasn't prepared to miss out on my painting time.

The Freikorps Librarian has been collecting strange things from the wastelands, hence the shell and eyeball.

For the Jurnal we have:

A daffodil, for Daffodil Day raising money for cancer research; a red diamond for Red Kite for young people with cancer; a poppy for Remembrance Day; a teapot so the Freikorps can join in Australia's Biggest Morning Tea raising money for cancer research; a pink ribbon for Breast Cancer research; a white ribbon for White Ribbon Day against domestic violence; a butterfly for Beyond Blue for depression and mental health!

and, it has a working hinge!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Welp, OATH FAILED.

Even though it's almost done. My life basically imploded this month. I lack the motivation to paint, and I have to work early in the morning.

Great stuff this month, though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oath Failed too. I knew I was pushing it oathing with only a week without weekends to go. gently caress.

I have three days off next month before I start my new job, so hopefully I should be able to get something done next month.

Unfortunately I already have too many colours on this month's models to re-oath them. Is saving the whales still a thing?

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Holy crap is this last second, but Oath Complete!

With the monthly theme being for Autism awareness, hence the giant puzzle piece diorama

edit: changed img to a closeup

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 1, 2014

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
Oath Complete

Claiming Themed Group but nothing else for this month~

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:supaburn: OATH COMPLETE :supaburn:

Claiming Journal with this one - lots of people joke about the spergs and autists who make mini gaming unbearable at times, which isn't really fair on those who really are Autistic, so I painted my plague guy like the Autism Spectrum Australia logo, will donate when I can. Gun slightly obscures the pain on his body.

Claiming Themed Group

This Goblin is engaging in a favourite Marauder past time, hunting using his Mawbeasts to herd a plague monster into the blades of his stuntbot, and is claiming Strike a pose

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete!!

Child's play is my charity!
Themed group!

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Oath Complete!

I got the painting done but not the basing. Came home way later tonight than I anticipated, drat procrastination.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath complete

EDIT: Sorry for the rubbish pictures, bit of a rush job. If it's ok, I edited on my name later below.

Charity Jurnal is on the Chaos Lord. We've had two campaigns running in the UK this month, Stoptober to encourage people off the fags, and Octsober to stop them drinking. His lordship is helping the Imperial Guard to kick their vices by holing and trampling their barrels of beer, and slicing off their miserable heads mid-puff (again, rubbish picture, but the decapitated guardsman on the base is smoking).

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
OATH COMPLETE
Cutting it real close, I've had these guys painted for over a week now but haven't had time to take photos. No journal unfortunately :(

• Locked thread