Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

McGann posted:

I've managed to never see Time or Mark, though I guess I'll have to fix that if Big Finish is putting out Rani stories

Noooooooooooope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

McGann posted:

Hell, let's just use the jury-rig version from The Doctor's Wife, I think the velvet rope look is pretty rad.

Though, that Rani control room is pretty awesome too (I've managed to never see Time or Mark, though I guess I'll have to fix that if Big Finish is putting out Rani stories).

Just read someone's quick summary. Unless you are going to literally watch all of Doctor Who, they are pretty much the definition of skippable. Like both are probably in the top 10 worst stories.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mark is a fantastically stupid episode of Doctor Who.

Depending how invested you are in the Master just being an rear end in a top hat, you could have so much fun with that story that you won't even realize how titanically dumb it's being until a tree starts groping some one!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Mark, while dumb as hell, I find actually watchable. Time though is a pure strain abortion of a story.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The first two episodes of Time and the Rani are pretty ridiculous fun, but the last two feel like unnecessary padding. I can't resist the exploding purple trap sphere or Mel doing a judo throw on McCoy. Also the Mel-Doctor reunion scene is actually pretty well done!

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

I've watched Dimensions in Time (twice!), does that equal out to better or worse than Time?

The second time was to attempt to figure out what the gently caress I'd just watched - followed by 15 minutes on the internet trying to figure out how exactly it managed to be made into a special.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Wasn't Dimensions supposed to be something else entirely? My memory might be failing me, but I wanna say I read somewhere their original plan fell through and thus we got that...thing.

e: I suppose you could say that about the entirety of Doctor Who.

HD DAD fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 31, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

McGann posted:

I've watched Dimensions in Time (twice!), does that equal out to better or worse than Time?

The second time was to attempt to figure out what the gently caress I'd just watched - followed by 15 minutes on the internet trying to figure out how exactly it managed to be made into a special.

Worse, I think, Dimensions in Time is actually unbearable, which is pretty amazing, considering how many people they were able to get together.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

HD DAD posted:

Wasn't Dimensions supposed to be something else entirely? My memory might be failing me, but I wanna say I read somewhere their original plan fell through and thus we got that...thing.

e: I suppose you could say that about the entirety of Doctor Who.

I think they knocked around a few plans for a brief reunion special before settling on that thing as something they could do quick and easy.

And speaking of bad Doctor Who, I just found out that Hulu has Dr. Who and the Daleks up for streaming. Sure they compressed The Daleks down to an hour and a half and Peter Cushing is... okay, I guess, but that film is awful. Sadly(?), they don't have the other Dalek movie available for streaming.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Android Blues posted:

The first two episodes of Time and the Rani are pretty ridiculous fun, but the last two feel like unnecessary padding. I can't resist the exploding purple trap sphere or Mel doing a judo throw on McCoy. Also the Mel-Doctor reunion scene is actually pretty well done!

Honestly, Time is appalling. It's up there with The Twin Dilemma for me as serials that I had to force myself to watch. As a kid, Time is the first serial I can properly remember watching all of (I have hazy recollections of bits of Revelation and of bloody Terror of the sodding Vervoids), and I've no idea why I ended up watching any more.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Random Stranger posted:

And speaking of bad Doctor Who, I just found out that Hulu has Dr. Who and the Daleks up for streaming. Sure they compressed The Daleks down to an hour and a half and Peter Cushing is... okay, I guess, but that film is awful. Sadly(?), they don't have the other Dalek movie available for streaming.

Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150 AD (with Bernard Cribbins!) is actually the first thing I saw which was even tangentially related to Doctor Who.

I quite enjoy that Cushing himself purportedly came up with an explanation that the movies were nightmares the Celestial Toymaker was using to torment the First Doctor.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Forktoss posted:

platinum users get more at something awful dot com

I love that doofy movie trailer voice Briggsy puts on when he says that, with the big reverb and everything. Never ceases to make me smile.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Forktoss posted:

platinum users get more at something awful dot com

This whole sequence gave me the warm and fuzzies.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

We were all just excited about Nick Cave being the new Master. :shobon:

I would greatly enjoy this episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RBA Starblade posted:

I would greatly enjoy this episode.

Plus the Target novelization by Terrance Dicks: Doctor Who and the Bad Seeds.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Really the walls are the worst part of 11's first TARDIS especially near the door. I like the actual controls and the glass floor(though not as much as Rory). Seriously, is that insulation by the door there? Just looks cheap.

The windshield washer fluid tank on the controls is hilarious every time.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

RodShaft posted:

Really the walls are the worst part of 11's first TARDIS especially near the door. I like the actual controls and the glass floor(though not as much as Rory). Seriously, is that insulation by the door there? Just looks cheap.

The windshield washer fluid tank on the controls is hilarious every time.

Even a Tardis gets drafts, space is real cold.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

mind the walrus in the Toxx thread...capitalizing Melody was a bit too far.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So I'm getting married tomorrow. What advice does the thread have for me?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CobiWann posted:

Don't get it wrong!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

CobiWann posted:

It's funny. I thought if you could hear me I could hang on somehow. Silly me. Silly old BSam. When you wake up you'll have a mom and dad. And you won't even remember me. Well. You'll remember me a little. I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? 'Cause it was, you know. It was the best. The daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well I borrowed it. I was always going to take it back. Oh that box. Cobi, you'll dream about that box. It'll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Woulda had. Never... had. In your dreams they'll still be there. BSam and CobiWann. And the days that never came. The cracks are closing. But they can't close properly 'til I'm on the other side. I don't belong here anymore. I think I'll skip the rest of the rewind. I hate repeats. Live well. Love Rory. Bye bye, Wann.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

CobiWann posted:

Be super nice to your photographer. Source: I do wedding photography.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

CobiWann posted:

That imaginary friend you used to have? He'll be coming back. It'll probably be awkward.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
this is the best version of the theme song

also the big finish audio releases are very good and everyone should listen to them. especially the colin baker ones.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sean Pertwee's Halloween costume.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

CobiWann posted:

Make sure she wasn't bred and raised to kill you!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I'm actually crying a little.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Oh, he's cosplaying as 12, how clever! :v:

Fil5000 posted:

Honestly, Time is appalling. It's up there with The Twin Dilemma for me as serials that I had to force myself to watch. As a kid, Time is the first serial I can properly remember watching all of (I have hazy recollections of bits of Revelation and of bloody Terror of the sodding Vervoids), and I've no idea why I ended up watching any more.

My first entire remembered watch, the one that got me hooked on the show was...Timelash(! Most people depart...with a scream!).

So yeah, same.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Or, B: That constant joke about Clara being the real Doctor is true: to throw everyone off his trail, he regenerated into a spunky young woman, hid in the early 21st century, and started traveling with Eleven.
There's a negative chance of this happening.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Have a wonderful day and congratulations! That's my advice!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That's it, Sean, give in to your destiny. :getin:

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

CobiWann posted:

Practice your hands up wiggle dance

http://youtu.be/d8T0y-j70Rk

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

CobiWann posted:

Instead of having a ceremony, just make the entire audience watch the new episode on a projector. The marriage is sealed the second it becomes clear exactly how bad the Missy reveal will be.

This is an ancient and time-honored tradition going back to all our ancestors.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CobiWann posted:

You're not funny, so don't try to be. You're going to be showing your kids photos of your wedding in 20 years, the last thing you want to do is explain why you pointed a glowing pen at the priest.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Irish Joe posted:

You're not funny, so don't try to be. You're going to be showing your kids photos of your wedding in 20 years, the last thing you want to do is explain why you pointed a glowing pen at the priest.

Counterpoint: when showing your kids photos of your wedding, you can have stupid stories like that("it was from a tv show" *eye roll* "and Mom still married you?"), or you can just have, "here we are all lined up again. Here we are lined up in a different order"

My opinion is do both.

(I mean this during photos/reception, not during the ceremony. Don't screw around with that)

Also, congratulations.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 1, 2014

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CobiWann posted:

"If you ever travel back in time, don't step on anything, because even the tiniest change can alter the future in ways you can't imagine."

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

RodShaft posted:

Counterpoint: when showing your kids photos of your wedding, you can have stupid stories like that("it was from a tv show" *eye roll* "and Mom still married you?"), or you can just have, "here we are all lined up again. Here we are lined up in a different order"

My opinion is do both.

(I mean this during photos/reception, not during the ceremony. Don't screw around with that)

Also, congratulations.

Advice that won't matter because A) I've never been married and B) you won't read this before it happens anyway!:

Gotta agree with Rod, except I say go all out and do whatever for the ceremony too (as long as the soon-to-be-wife agrees, of course - it's really HER day, if it's like any other wedding I've been to). Having been to tons of weddings and been in a fair few, they're so loving boring for everyone in attendance - and doubly so for anyone you force to watch the video/show pictures to.

That's the honest truth, it's like vacation photos that don't include people (or really, vacation photos in general) - everyone looks/watches because they feel obligated.

So do whatever makes you happy and gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

(caveat: I don't give a rat's rear end about the religious implications of marriage, so if that's a big deal to you then obviously you should follow whatever example your particular denomination/sect agrees with)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CobiWann posted:

Rrrun for your life!

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

The laws of sanity are mine, and they will obey me!
Just under 25 minutes...:woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Crazy Man posted:

Just under 25 minutes...:woop:

I really like this timeslot, it suits me perfectly... but goddamn this dancing show is so awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Moffatfest 2K14 is starting :toot:

The Nethersphere gathers :black101:

• Locked thread