Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
as much as I like the cascadia flag please wait a few decades to put it up for a vote because if you do it anytime soon dipshits are going to make the 12 flag official and i'll have to self-immolate in embarrassment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

When cascadia is real there won't be flags, just skulls and trinkets hanging from spears.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Best Friends posted:

When cascadia is real there won't be flags, just skulls and trinkets hanging from spears.
I want to to live in a rainy Conan the Barbarian land.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Javid posted:

Some gold in the county election packet:

The name "biome" and occupation in organic food gave me some preconceived notions of what that wall of text was gonna be about and then the dude proceeds to go 90 degrees from anywhere I thought he would.

I don't really know how much you can do on the Ashland City Council to stop Zionism. I hope this guy discovers a place where his views can be more productive---GBS.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

FRINGE posted:

I want to to live in a rainy Conan the Barbarian land.

Move to Forks.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

mod sassinator posted:

Move to Forks.

He said Conan the barbarian land, not sparkle-vampire land.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
Move to Forks, go Conan on them. :black101:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
There was a blog post from a woman inspired to move there sight-unseen by Twilight. She said it wasn't even a few weeks before her kids were beat up and robbed of their iPods and Twilight lied. You shouldn't move there; it's awful.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I was working at the Sol Duc Hot Springs resort, halfway between Forks and Port Angeles, one summer right during the worst of the Twilight craze. You wouldn't believe how many disappointed tourists washed up in our resort after they couldn't stand to stay in Forks for as long as planned.

EDIT: why did I write Sequim there, that's not correct

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 31, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Forks is awesome if by Forks you mean the surrounding wilderness areas. The town itself is as depressing as you might expect from a dying timber town using Twilight-mania as a sort of Schiavo-esque life support system.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Ditocoaf posted:

I was working at the Sol Duc Hot Springs resort, halfway between Sequim and Port Angeles, one summer right during the worst of the Twilight craze. You wouldn't believe how many disappointed tourists washed up in our resort after they couldn't stand to stay in Forks for as long as planned.

Yeah it's really bizarre / hilarious that of all the towns they picked Forks for the Twilight setting. Should have picked North Bend, Cle Elum, Winthrop, or hell even Aberdeen. Forks is just terrible.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Forks is awesome if by Forks you mean the surrounding wilderness areas. The town itself is as depressing as you might expect from a dying timber town using Twilight-mania as a sort of Schiavo-esque life support system.

Yeah, in it's defense, this is what I keep hearing, too. It's supposed to be a great spot for
if you just need a place to sleep while checking out the Olympic Peninsula, which is covered
with temperate rainforest:

EDIT:

mod sassinator posted:

Yeah it's really bizarre / hilarious that of all the towns they picked Forks for the Twilight setting. Should have picked North Bend, Cle Elum, Winthrop, or hell even Aberdeen. Forks is just terrible.

I think it's supposed to be the rainiest town or city in the US or something like that.

EDIT #2:
There's a page explaining it in the Google Books preview of the author's biography. She googled for the wettest place in the US and then figured it was rainy, remote and spooky in the right lighting so she went with it. Forks is thus beleaguered by rainfall in two ways now. Poor, Forks.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 31, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mod sassinator posted:

Oh come on, Aberdeen is by far the most depressing place in WA State, worse than Forks by a mile.

Proof:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I just pity the poor kids that got dragged to Forks because their mom liked a book.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Javid posted:

I just pity the poor kids that got dragged to Forks because their mom liked a book.

I'm sure they'll find a nice Renesmee or Edward to imprint on and settle down with.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Internet Webguy posted:

I'm sure they'll find a nice Renesmee or Edward to imprint on and settle down with.

I recognize that these are words in english, but I'm completely unable to parse this.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
Possible ebola case in Oregon: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/31/oregon-woman-ebola_n_6085150.html

Here we goooooooooooooooooooo

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Welp. :suicide:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
If there's one thing Clackamas County never expected from the Crime Train, it's Ebola.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

vaccines did it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I really want to meet the dumbasses that are voting yes on both 594 and 591. I really don't want both of them to pass.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

I really want to meet the dumbasses that are voting yes on both 594 and 591. I really don't want both of them to pass.

What legally happens when two mutually-exclusive/contradictory initiatives are both simultaneously passed, anyway?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Whatever it is, I bet it's hilarious. Wish I voted yes on both.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Idran posted:

What legally happens when two mutually-exclusive/contradictory initiatives are both simultaneously passed, anyway?

Thunderdome.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Thunderdome in the King Dome :rock:
Wait they blew that up, gently caress :(

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Idran posted:

Some people say that whichever gets the most votes is the one that counts, some people say there'll be a lawsuit and the courts will decide.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
Whichever one's lower on the ballot counts as being passed second and overrides the other.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
There's a bear they wake up and put the bills in front of. Whichever one it touches first is the chosen one. It's the Cascadia way.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I think the no background checks one contains language that nullifies whichever initiative of the two receives the lesser amount of votes if both pass but I could be remembering another state's gun law clusterfuck. Have fun with that.

It's kind of depressing how many of the races I can vote on are functionally uncontested.

Sheriff: Incumbent is retiring at the end of this term, only one person running opposed and is expected to win
City council: two people running for three seats
Soil & water district: two unopposed seats, a third with no candidates at all
County clerk: Incumbent running unopposed
Circuit court judge: Incumbent running unopposed

Also the incumbent mayor and lone challenger have zero online presence and other than generic "vote for ___" signs have made little effort for publicity. Parks & Rec gave me some unrealistic ideas of how much of a poo poo people give about small town political races :|

Javid fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 1, 2014

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I'm hoping it's an order of operations deal. 591 goes into effect 1st, 594 goes into effect a few seconds later and overrides 591.

I know it doesn't work that way, but it's fun to pretend.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Has Washington ever had two initiatives like this pass, where if both enacted they'd cancel each other out?

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
It hasn't happened before because it's silly. It'll go to the supreme court and they'll pick the one that got more votes.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Schrödinger's gun law, in which a background check both happens and does not happen.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Compromise: they still run the background check but it doesn't matter if they find anything.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Javid posted:

I think the no background checks one contains language that nullifies whichever initiative of the two receives the lesser amount of votes if both pass but I could be remembering another state's gun law clusterfuck. Have fun with that.

It's kind of depressing how many of the races I can vote on are functionally uncontested.

Sheriff: Incumbent is retiring at the end of this term, only one person running opposed and is expected to win
City council: two people running for three seats
Soil & water district: two unopposed seats, a third with no candidates at all
County clerk: Incumbent running unopposed
Circuit court judge: Incumbent running unopposed

Also the incumbent mayor and lone challenger have zero online presence and other than generic "vote for ___" signs have made little effort for publicity. Parks & Rec gave me some unrealistic ideas of how much of a poo poo people give about small town political races :|

Wait, if something has no candidates, does that mean that in the next election, effectively anyone could run and win a job by default? Or is this a non-paid sort of thing?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm guessing "position 4, soil and water district board" isn't worth the effort.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In other news, Mars Hill disbanded.

:hawksin:

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Check to see if any of those positions are paid.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Mike-o posted:

Thunderdome in the King Dome :rock:
Wait they blew that up, gently caress :(

so you're telling me we're beyond kingdome??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/01/oregon-legal-weed_n_6084208.html

Oregonians, do your part Tuesday to legalize weed so I can occasionally drive down and pay lower prices than the CF of regulations and supply issues in Washington.

(I will however quickly drive back up to Seattle for fear I have to stop for gas and have someone pump it for me)

• Locked thread