Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've been meaning to get in on this, but have been slow. You guys are hauling butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Hardon was poking around the Butcherblock docks and spied a neat "easter egg".

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

shirunei posted:

my waifu, only the finest of port wenches

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Hesh Ballantine posted:

EL talkin bout havin no rogues made my loot-pussy get all wet

Oh really? Who wants to get me an epic I actually like that class :V

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Rogues are great, there are actually plenty on the server but few ever keep them as a main. I switched from main monk to rogue a year ago and haven't looked back since(even with tstaff monk) but having a sow sword on my rogue has a part to play in loving it, no sow pots or asking everrrr. But with the influx of new players lately, rogue epic MQ's skyrocketed from 25k to 50k easy. So a lot of people are farming these pieces and full epic MQ's to sell. Personally I have 6 books from hate ready to go, and im working on parchments only have 2 sets for renux. Kedge/Ishva robes are regularly supplied almost daily by the dark elves we kill so I have a line of characters on that front ready to MQ for quills. Annoying part is doing general since it takes a group at least, generally a war tank for discs if doing it with minimum players.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Pwnz0r posted:

Rogues are great, there are actually plenty on the server but few ever keep them as a main. I switched from main monk to rogue a year ago and haven't looked back since(even with tstaff monk) but having a sow sword on my rogue has a part to play in loving it, no sow pots or asking everrrr. But with the influx of new players lately, rogue epic MQ's skyrocketed from 25k to 50k easy. So a lot of people are farming these pieces and full epic MQ's to sell. Personally I have 6 books from hate ready to go, and im working on parchments only have 2 sets for renux. Kedge/Ishva robes are regularly supplied almost daily by the dark elves we kill so I have a line of characters on that front ready to MQ for quills. Annoying part is doing general since it takes a group at least, generally a war tank for discs if doing it with minimum players.

Jesus 6 books? I know you're in it for the money, but maybe you could hook me up with one? Been trying to get mine for like three weeks now. My first p99 character, so I'm not sitting on 25k to buy an MQ with.

Cosmos
Jan 8, 2006

All that is or was or ever will be
I have a 51 almost 52 Necro on blue if anyone wants to duo or group some time. Name is Gaxx. Currently unguilded so I'm a bit lonely!

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Cosmos posted:

I have a 51 almost 52 Necro on blue if anyone wants to duo or group some time. Name is Gaxx. Currently unguilded so I'm a bit lonely!

If you want to join a nice chill guild who isn't full of crazy shitheads, the guild I am in is pretty great. We only have one other main necro so you'd be loot vacuuming so much. Check out Indignation, or message me ingame on Hecata.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Karjia posted:

If you want to join a nice chill guild who isn't full of crazy shitheads, the guild I am in is pretty great. We only have one other main necro so you'd be loot vacuuming so much. Check out Indignation, or message me ingame on Hecata.

Indignation seems like a pretty good one. There's a cleric in there, Healzall, who's buffed up my monk in Cabilis quite a few times and generally seems like a really nice guy.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
:frogsiren: Red raiding tonight, 6pm CST :frogsiren:

Get ahold of me on Yevea if you want in, 46+ PLEASE DOWNLOAD TEAMSPEAK 3 SO I DON'T NEED TO RELAY STUFF THANKS http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Regarding our discussion on Eternal Light, and the direction of goons that reach 46+ with interest to see endgame dungeons, raids, and content at large..

Eternal Light has officially opened recruitment to SLAMDUNKATRON members. Yevea will be an officer in EL, so I will be able to invite any goon interested in joining up. All they ask is anyone joining is 46+, and has intention to do endgame content within the guild. They run daily HS / Seb groups, pvp groups, and assist with epics whenever people need it. Us joining will allow us to fill groups with classes we need, and make sure there are always options available for goons that want to see endgame EQ.

No one is required to join, or stay in EL. If you want to join up for a raid, detag, and join into SLAMDUNKATRON at any point, feel free. SLAMDUNKATRON will always exist as a social / leveling / goon guild for us. Ideally the situation would be our 46+, if interested in doing endgame, stay in EL, but the option and flexibility is there. I will always be able to invite you into either as required.

Eternal Light is soon to START running loot with a DKP system. Key word, start. As of now they do loot by /random 100. There is zero DKP accumulated, making this a perfect time for us to join and begin raiding. We won't be suffering a 200+ point deficit with zero chance to get loot, but instead we'll be setting that curve with them as founding members of the DKP system.

Majority of EL members are newer to endgame EQ, there will be learning curves to get over, and we will be learning the fights together. We aren't joining into Holocaust for several reasons, but one of which is we aren't interested in being part of a 60 person zerg hitting raid targets that take maybe 20-30. EL focuses on, and tries to keep their roster to a stable 30 people, without zerging targets.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 1, 2014

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
Yev I had to dip, I'm coming down with a cold and the raid is now starting too late for me. If you can, grab a Book of Souls to MQ for me, I think you can just camp out/camp in and loot one after the rogues or something. If you can't no big deal.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Yev I had to dip, I'm coming down with a cold and the raid is now starting too late for me. If you can, grab a Book of Souls to MQ for me, I think you can just camp out/camp in and loot one after the rogues or something. If you can't no big deal.

Yeah I'll give it a shot. We're about to start another breakin attempt.

Attempt was a success. I picked you up a book. LOT of cleric poo poo dropped, a Lute from Maestro dropped, something for warrior epic, and some other stuff. I got 40% xp in 54, :toot:

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 2, 2014

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah I'll give it a shot. We're about to start another breakin attempt.

Attempt was a success. I picked you up a book. LOT of cleric poo poo dropped, a Lute from Maestro dropped, something for warrior epic, and some other stuff. I got 40% xp in 54, :toot:

YUSS. I have some work to do this morning but let's kite Renux this afternoon, if you're free.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Does this server have any problems with foreigners trying to connect? Too many servers simply don't allow a connection from Uruguay for some odd reason.

Also, I'm mostly interested in reliving my old glory-days of EQ. I want to play a necromancer, very much solo from low levels up. Is this possible with the rules on this server or have necromancers been nerfed at all?

edit: Assuming Erudite necromancers begin in Paineel this should be fun for me.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

pepito sanchez posted:

Does this server have any problems with foreigners trying to connect? Too many servers simply don't allow a connection from Uruguay for some odd reason.

Also, I'm mostly interested in reliving my old glory-days of EQ. I want to play a necromancer, very much solo from low levels up. Is this possible with the rules on this server or have necromancers been nerfed at all?

edit: Assuming Erudite necromancers begin in Paineel this should be fun for me.
If your referring to about +/- 10h ago, that was about 30m of zone crashes followed by a double server restart. Alas, no repop. You should not have issues as server has a good amount of foreigners, but there may be some funky routing to server from there.

Although Erudite Necros can be a thing I believe, as there is paineel, can I strongly urge you to consider and Iksar. At 51 you will have net positive regen with call of bones. The innate on them is sooooo good.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Obviously Erudite necromancers are not the best choice for high-level, and Iksars are, but it's for nostalgic reasons. The most fun experience I've ever had in any game was starting in paineel, and having the most weird adventure as a newbie running through hostile qeynos sewers just to get into the continent.

I might go Iksar this time. Just to do something else.

And no I wasn't referring to any server crash. I haven't even made an account yet. I'm just wondering if it's worth making one in the first place. Necromancer is really the only thing I'm interested in playing, and a nerfed necromancer isn't something I want to play at all.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

shirunei posted:

idgi

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

pepito sanchez posted:

and a nerfed necromancer isn't something I want to play at all.

The only real nerf to necros is that lifetap resists are not really what they should be (almost unresistable) due to a number of issues with spergy raid guilds and 32k hp mobs being the only raid targets for 4 years. Otherwise, necros work just fine and are still the very versatile class they were back in 1999-2000. They aren't too exciting to play in a raid, but they're handy in a group and are great soloers, especially when there's undead around to charm.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
That kind of sucks. Lifetap was always the not-very-mana-efficient but unresistable spell for damage and HP. Is it the same deal with lifetap DoTs?

I was always pretty proud of being a very good necromancer. I soloed some very badass stuff, and in groups I sometimes even played a healer, believe it or not. I simply like playing the most challenging class in a not-so-challenging game.

I was eyeing Bard just now, and I remember the more skilled ones being extremely powerful. I might just go with that for shits and giggles, or just as a secondary character. Shaman would be more interesting for me if I were automatically level 60. I used to duo with a shaman on my necromancer and just kill dragons in velious for fun and the challenge. But the grind for a shaman must be boring, like a cleric.

edit: Truth, my necromancer was never very exciting in raids, but raids were never really a focus for me, except for getting my epic and better gear. Honestly I have no idea what class would have THAT much fun at a raid except monks, who constantly pull and work on aggro.

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 2, 2014

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
nevermind

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 2, 2014

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Okay, wow. This isn't easy. I forgot all of the hotkeys, and my UI is really hosed on my new computer. The text is blurry and nearly unreadable. I have no idea how to even configure things.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

pepito sanchez posted:

Okay, wow. This isn't easy. I forgot all of the hotkeys, and my UI is really hosed on my new computer. The text is blurry and nearly unreadable. I have no idea how to even configure things.

I have seen people with crisp text in high resolution but for me in order to have crisp text I have to play in windowed mode with a lower resolution. I haven't really bothered to find out how to fix it though as I am fine playing windowed mode.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Yes, but how to configure resolution or anything? Google turns up nothing. The Project1999 guide shows nothing. I'm searching through my EQ folder and can't remember where it all is. The Options doesn't configure the resolution at all for me while in-game.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
In the options window under the display tab you should be able to select the resolution by clicking video modes button.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
Yeah found it. Now my PC crashed from overheating. Guess it's time to clean out the old fan cooler. Not used to playing any 3D games anymore.

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
So is it still cool to talk about blue? I would consider my lvl 15 shaman to be below the standard of "undergeared" but still the game is fun. Is there a group of goons I can tag along with? Name in game is Idge

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

JohnnyDangerously posted:

So is it still cool to talk about blue? I would consider my lvl 15 shaman to be below the standard of "undergeared" but still the game is fun. Is there a group of goons I can tag along with? Name in game is Idge

I added you as a friend. My monk is level 13, name is Durrka. Would definitely like to partner with a shaman from time to time!

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
How is blue these days? It's been a long time since I played but I probably have access to my accounts still. Mid 50's shaman and a bunch of random characters in most level ranges. I'd like to get back to raiding if I came back, but that was a cluster gently caress when I left. Also down for leveling and helping new peeps.

Edit: Yup, still got access to my accounts. Only my shaman has any gear though.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 3, 2014

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Blue goes great! Been raiding with IB again after restarting (coming back from P99 classic IB) at the end of last year. We've been doing news updates that remind me somewhat of the old Legacy of Steel pages! Although we're not posting quite so many hate tells as of yet, there are sure some good chat screens that have managed to surface.

http://inglouriousbasterds.org/ If you're interested in some more serious business raiding, and competent with your class, app today! If you're not down for raiding...just read the news for the :roflolmao: and :suspense:

Video Game Aspie
Dec 29, 2011

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 9 years!)

Haven't played on p1999 since.... well, probably since before Kunark came out. My old characters have a horrible mishmash of gear and I don't remember what I was even doing with any of them (39 enc, 19 cleric, 17 mage)

With that said, I was thinking of starting a fresh wizard, with the goal of endgame raiding. I know absolutely nobody on the server anymore and I'm essentially broke (I have probably about 50pp total between my other 3 characters). Is a Wizard still viable these days/wanted for raiding? I've leveled up way too many characters since EQ first came out 15 years ago, so I'm just looking to blast to the endgame as fast as possible with a relatively gear-independant, soloable character that is also desirable raid DPS. I'm well aware that Clerics can pick and choose any guild they want, but I'm a terrible cleric and also don't have the money or means to gear one out. Wizard is also the ONLY class I've never played past the mid twenties throughout my EQ career, so I figured now would be a good time to do so if it's not going to be a gigantic headache.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Wizards are super desired for raids (and also for PVP on Red), so you're good on that front. On the other hand, you will struggle to find groups from the mid-levels onward as people become pickier about your garbage tier sustained DPS and wary of a playstyle that lends itself to long AFKs. Luckily, it's not too many levels after this happens before you can quad (which is boring but just as fast as a decent group + you can do something else fun like watch TV/play other games while you med). Eventually, on Blue, you can do the fastest XP available from 56-60 in Chardok AE groups and eventually farm your spot out for PL cash - all while wearing garbage tier gear. If you do end up rolling a wiz on blue, hit me up when you hit 20/24 and I'll give you all the non-poo poo research spells for free - I've got stacks and stacks of runes banked on my wizard for such occasions.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
I think I'm sticking to Bard. It's pretty fun even at low levels so far. I'm just playing very casually, though. Can't be a no-lifer like in my high-school days.

edit: Also seems they have crazy solo abilities at mid/higher levels with the proper amount of skill, something which I was looking for.

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 4, 2014

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled

Santheb posted:

I added you as a friend. My monk is level 13, name is Durrka. Would definitely like to partner with a shaman from time to time!

Woohoo! I'm camped in Kurns.

Video Game Aspie
Dec 29, 2011

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 9 years!)

I got a level 3 wizzy, Drstrange, over at the EC tunnel. I forgot how horrible it is to try and level up to 4 with no meditate whatsoever. Feel free to add me if you wanna group up or whatever, all I need to do now is get the tiny amount of platinum transferred off of my Enchanter so I can use it for some spells.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I'll try and jump on my Shaman tonight in EC and can buff and provide a little start up cash for anyone new. Maybe do some slight power leveling to help me get back in the swing of things. Been 2.5 years since I played last, wow, doesn't seem like that long. Unfortunately I'm guessing I gave all my stuff away except for the gear I'm wearing on two characters, which is a bummer because it was probably in the 30k range. Oh well, I really need to try playing this game for progression instead of loot for a change! Hopefully it will change how I play the game.

Trying to decide if I'm going to continue leveling my shaman or work on a new character. Probably both.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

JohnnyDangerously posted:

Woohoo! I'm camped in Kurns.

Me too! I've just been soloing the skeletons there, pretty easy experience since I can handle the blues with 50% HP but a shaman partner would be fantastic.

My hours are a little weird though, usually in the late PM and way early AM EST.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
It's been so long I forget where I should be leveling! Any suggestions for both a 53 Barb Shaman, and a 25 halfling Druid?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Dustoph posted:

It's been so long I forget where I should be leveling! Any suggestions for both a 53 Barb Shaman, and a 25 halfling Druid?
If you have your epic, you can do HS Entrance solo really easily and fly up in levels. IF not, well, lots of spots to group: HS, Sebilis (disco + chef/bar both great xp camps, crypt/emp for loot and slower xp). Can do COM as well, but again...don't know many SHM 50+ without epic.

gepgepgep fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 5, 2014

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

gepgepgep posted:

If you have your epic, you can do HS Entrance solo really easily and fly up in levels. IF not, well, lots of spots to group in HS. Can do COM as well, but again...don't know many SHM 50+ without epic.

Yeah, I don't have the epic unfortunately. I remember soloing in CoM prior to quiting, but I remember that being very dangerous and dying too much. I'll have to check on HS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Dustoph posted:

Yeah, I don't have the epic unfortunately. I remember soloing in CoM prior to quiting, but I remember that being very dangerous and dying too much. I'll have to check on HS.

HS is more dangerous than COM, so if com mobs were a problem, that might not be a better alternative.

• Locked thread