Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I played the Bayonetta 2 demo and it was fun but not something I could see myself spending a lot of time playing. How much different is the full game? Also does the confusion factor ever go away? I was mostly mashing buttons and couldnt really tell what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

axleblaze posted:

The other problem is that I suspect Nintendo passed on it because they don't really like locking content like Skylanders is based around and they're reluctance to exploit the aspect of these things that make them so desirable, while admirable, won't really make them sell.

Yeah Nintendo doesn't really do small dlc like that. I doubt it's out of any sense of honor, it's probably a reluctance to put resources into something that isn't a sure thing. The dlc they do put out tends to be full expansion pack type stuff, which is awesome for the consumer and probably has a higher "attach rate" than microtransactions.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I didn't enjoy that Joust trailer. Also the name "Sportsball" just reminds me of people that make fun of sports, and I don't really jive with those people.

3.5/10

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

zfleeman posted:

I didn't enjoy that Joust trailer. Also the name "Sportsball" just reminds me of people that make fun of sports, and I don't really jive with those people.

3.5/10

Cityname Sportsteam ftmfw

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Yeah it reminds me of people who call football "handegg"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
It reminds me of Dean Cain's magnum opus, Future Sport.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Keystoned posted:

I played the Bayonetta 2 demo and it was fun but not something I could see myself spending a lot of time playing. How much different is the full game? Also does the confusion factor ever go away? I was mostly mashing buttons and couldnt really tell what was going on.

You definitely get a better hang on things as you play it more of course. In the full game you get more weapons to use, combos you can buy, etc, if that sounds appealing to you it's a worthwhile investment but if you play the demo a few more times and just aren't feeling it you might just want to rent it and not buy it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oddium posted:

Yeah it reminds me of people who call football "handegg"

It's to differentiate it from actual football though

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Suspicious Cook posted:

It reminds me of Dean Cain's magnum opus, Future Sport.

We need a Thunderball video game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15m_i6QPAXE

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

axleblaze posted:

Why is Nintendo being so tight lipped about what Amiibos will do outside of Smash? Like why even announce that the things will work in HW and then not actually mention what they'll do? I am curious but I find what they do in Smash to be pretty uninteresting at best and I'm certainly not going to get one because it might do something interesting?

I'm going to say that it has alot to do with them avoiding the perception that portions of games are locked away unless you buy $15 figures. Having on-disc content locked until it is activated by DLC gets enough poo poo (and rightfully so). I think they'd rather have everyone think of it as bonus content.

Nintendo also has a pretty bad rap for releasing stupid peripherals so it is probably better to not overpromise their usefulness, though it does appear to be a pretty big part of their business strategy if they are releasing a re-tooled 3DS with NFC.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Iwata has commented on region-locking again except, for the first time ever (I think), he actually conceded that it may be a good idea to "unlock" Nintendo's hardware at some point in the future.

Additionally, thankfully, the Pikmin shorts will be available on the Wii U as well as the 3DS. Source.

Miyamoto's comments on the Wii U's consistency of games release also may be worth a read.

Hidden among all this translation (if you see the NeoGAF source) is also Miyamoto mentioning a hypothetical next Pikmin game. I need it.

e:

CatsPajamas posted:

Probably start with Yoshi for free because of the multi-game compatibility and also 'cuz Yoshi's the best.
I always knew you were one of taste.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 1, 2014

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm gonna get the Link and Mario and maybe Yoshi Amiibos because they're useful in the most games. And then I'm gonna get the Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede Amiibos for the heck of it, and then probably any one-off ones they make as well.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Another cool thing Amiibo could do would be discounts on the eshop. For example, if you have a Samus figure, all the Metroid games available will be a few dollars cheaper. Obviously people won't go buy the figure just to get the discount, it would simply be another little bonus that owning a figure gives you.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't have a Wii U, but I now own copies of Zombie U, Nintendo Land, and News Super Mario Bros U. Just thought I'd share that.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

Exioce posted:

I don't have a Wii U, but I now own copies of Zombie U, Nintendo Land, and News Super Mario Bros U. Just thought I'd share that.

Hey man, you should get a Wii U.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

zfleeman posted:

Hey man, you should get a Wii U.

No official Smash bundle, no sale! :colbert:

I have never actually played a Smash title in my life, I've just allowed myself to be consumed by the hype

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

Exioce posted:

I have never actually played a Smash title in my life, I've just allowed myself to be consumed by the hype

you're going to be in for quite a delight

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Exioce posted:

You should get Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8.

(And then get a WiiU).

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Exioce posted:

Or you could buy a refurb and then Smash separately and save $40.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In case anyone else has been waiting for a Rayman Legends price drop, just grabbed it for $21 on Amazon Prime. It had been listed at $33 or $34 until today.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
What's the cheapest Wonderful 101 has been? I finally played the demo and I really dig it's currently ~$24 on Amazon.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Wildtortilla posted:

What's the cheapest Wonderful 101 has been? I finally played the demo and I really dig it's currently ~$24 on Amazon.

Buy it at $24

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Also, everyone should get Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. It's another one of the VC games I missed the first time around (along with Mega Man X). Just beat it tonight and it's so good.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Does anyone know when the Mario Kart DLC drops. The only release date I can find is November.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Perry Normal posted:

Does anyone know when the Mario Kart DLC drops. The only release date I can find is November.

That's the only release date we have. Nintendo does release dates the way they do clear amiibo information.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When you see the list of games Amiibo supports, it seems like functionality will be very similar across titles. A trainable AI friend or enemy. That would work great in Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart, and Mario Party. When you can't get your friends over in Nintendo's multiplayer centric games, you can play with your plastic pal.

That doesn't extend well to Kirby's Rainbow Curse, Yoshi's Wooly World or Captain Toad though unless those have modes we're not yet aware of(I think Kirby/Yoshi both at least have co-op).

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Keystoned posted:

It would probably be more engaging and fun to you if you knew how to play the game instead of mashing random buttons.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

They had it as something like 11/3 before on the store, but now it reads "late November". I'd expect them to have it out by Thanksgiving, but you can never be sure.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I hope they have enough sense to have it drop a reasonable time before Smash.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just hope that they do not do the MK8 DLC and the Twilight Princess pack for Hyrule Warriors on the same day.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

13/f/cali posted:

I just hope that they do not do the MK8 DLC and the Twilight Princess pack for Hyrule Warriors on the same day.

Oh my god, that stuff and Smash are all coming out at the same time, aren't they :stare:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

13/f/cali posted:

The next Hyrule Warriors update isn't until December, I think.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

November, there's none in December, then some again January/February

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supposedly it's November, then January, then February. December is the month that's skipped.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fair enough, I haven't looked at the schedule since they posted it, pretty much.

While I'm here, did anyone pick up Stealth Inc. 2?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

greatn posted:

When you see the list of games Amiibo supports, it seems like functionality will be very similar across titles. A trainable AI friend or enemy. That would work great in Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart, and Mario Party. When you can't get your friends over in Nintendo's multiplayer centric games, you can play with your plastic pal.

That doesn't extend well to Kirby's Rainbow Curse, Yoshi's Wooly World or Captain Toad though unless those have modes we're not yet aware of(I think Kirby/Yoshi both at least have co-op).

Yoshi's Woolly World does have co-op, and Captain Toad might have co-op levels (it seems that after the first boss you save Toadette and can switch between her and Captain Toad)

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah I've been playing Stealth Inc 2, I'll quickly go through my thoughts
It's a solid metroidvania type game where you're a clone trying to escape the facility and free as many other clones as possible. You earn new gadgets after completing several puzzle/challenge rooms which act as tutorials and also have leaderboards, these rooms do a good job teaching you all the ways you can use each gadget and they get pretty challenging.
The gameplay feels pretty tight, they clearly define the stealth mechanics. There's no real combat as far as I've gotten, lots of platforming, puzzles, and stealthy stealthing... There's also co-op but I haven't tried it
Graphics are crisp and clean, your little clone guy is smoothly animated, 60fps and I haven't seen it fluctuate. I quite like the music and it really fits the tone of the game, sound effects are great too.

Also there's a fully featured level editor and you can upload/download/rate custom levels

I'm a few hours in and I say it's a pretty cool game

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 2, 2014

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Keystoned posted:

You are probably going to go into fugue states while playing this game, but there are general combos and moves you can learn: Punck/Kick/Punch does a Wicked Weave really fast, lock on lets you do stinger and high time like in devil may cry, holding the button does different stuff depending on the weapon, that kind of stuff. Half the fun is just sort of toying around with stuff and seeing what works for you, and there's a lot of poo poo in the game: the exploration is pretty rewarding and surprisingly sneaky sometimes.

If you have ever played and enjoyed an action game in your life you owe it to yourself to play this game because it is the best in the genre, hands down (though this may be coloured by the lack of newbie-unfriendly design that was really present in the original). And the full version is pretty different, the prologue is really hectic and nuts on purpose. The rest of the game lets you sort of settle into a good level of skill, the difficulty curve is pretty fair all around.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fair enough, I haven't looked at the schedule since they posted it, pretty much.

While I'm here, did anyone pick up Stealth Inc. 2?
I fully intend to get it, but would like to burn through a few more games before I buy more. Curve's a great developer and deserves support, so I'm really hoping Stealth Inc. 2 does well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Regy Rusty posted:

Supposedly it's November

November 21st is gonna be a big day. They announced pre-loading for Smash's Wii U release, so hopefully that means they have more poo poo they haven't talked about. The Animal Crossing Plaza App is getting wiped at the end of 2014, and something like an Amiibo plaza would kill, so they'd be fools not to do it. Hopefully the DDP is popular enough that they'll replace it with another loyalty plan, like Iwata announced last year.

• Locked thread