Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

blugu64 posted:

Can't remember if I asked this before, but is there a way to change/mute the whooshing sounds in iMessage?
........turn your phone on vibrate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

blugu64 posted:

Can't remember if I asked this before, but is there a way to change/mute the whooshing sounds in iMessage?

Does it not use the same sound as sent mail? Have you tried turning that sound off in Settings>Sound?

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

I've been saying "of course" for the past x many years since I've literally never had a scratch on my phone, but somehow life finds a way for some people.

My wife put a huge gash in her 3G's screen with her engagement ring. Hasn't had problem since but diamonds will scratch it.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Dbhjed posted:

My wife put a huge gash in her 3G's screen with her engagement ring. Hasn't had problem since but diamonds will scratch it.

Is this some kind of joke post?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Man I can't wait until Apple adds SD cards and removable batteries to the iPhone. Then we can finally merge with the Android thread.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
Never mind. Wrong thread

Dbhjed fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 1, 2014

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

the kawaiiest posted:

Man I can't wait until Apple adds SD cards and removable batteries to the iPhone. Then we can finally merge with the Android thread.

Selane posted:

Is this some kind of joke post?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Dbhjed posted:

We need to know whether a pocketknife, a penny, or a fingernail can scratch it.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

XyrlocShammypants posted:

16gb models are for older people who don't give a poo poo about games or big apps and just want an expensive phone. The market is huge.

Here's what 16gb looks like to a Gen Y or Gen X'er: |About this big|

Here's what it looks like to a boomer: |So big that I am running out of ideas of what text to put in these brackets so I will just ramble for a little while until I run out of room in the line|

I probably could have been fine with "just" a 16G as I don't really care about carrying around my music library/movies on the phone and don't have 300 apps and games. They should have offered a 32G version at that price though.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Anyone know of any good grocery list apps?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Notes.

No really. The most important feature for me is that you can edit it on both your phone and computer. It also allows free-form input.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Since I got a six I've been using the yahoo weather widget I don't need minimal on a screen this big.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Grocery IQ. You can scan in UPCs to put something on your list.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

We just use OurGroceries - free and simple enough.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Kaizoku posted:

Supposedly telling her/him, "That's not funny," after a comment like that will fix the behavior, but I don't remember where I heard it.

If only that worked in this thread...

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Whoooooooaaaaaaa when did this get added back in?

Also works for artists btw.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

IUG posted:

Grocery IQ. You can scan in UPCs to put something on your list.

Agreed. It also syncs between phones so you can have multiple people add and remove from the same list.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Will the op please just put a grocery app in the op. Jesus loving Christ.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

rear end Catchcum posted:

Will the op please just put a grocery app in the op. Jesus loving Christ.

And something that updates the current offerings of weather widgets and a detailed breakdown between plastic, glass, or no screen protectors.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'm going to blank the op and tell everyone to get a OnePlus One

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

carry on then posted:

I'm going to blank the op and tell everyone to get a OnePlus One

That does look like a nice phone. If any phone could seduce me away, it would be that one.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

flosofl posted:

That does look like a nice phone. If any phone could seduce me away, it would be that one.

Follow your dreams

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/30/irl-oneplus-one/

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There is nothing elegant about a bamboo backed phone.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

People too obsessed with SD cards. gently caress SD cards..

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

XyrlocShammypants posted:

People too obsessed with SD cards. gently caress SD cards..

Naw, I'm with them. The ability to quickly add ringtones, music, files, whatever, to the phone without plugging in and going through a lengthy sync process on shittily optimized windows software would be swell to have.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

What's frustrating is how the industry has glommed onto microSD as the one and true format. Ideally my phone would also accept compactflash, full-size SD, and a USB port for jump drives at minimum. There's no downside to including more options to meet more people's needs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The freaking biting sarcasm everyone knows and loves!! God Bless the Something Awful Forums.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

You seem angry. Is everything okay?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I want a phone with a CD-ROM drive.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Schpyder posted:

Whoooooooaaaaaaa when did this get added back in?

Also works for artists btw.

Doesn't work for U2. :lol:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

withak posted:

I want a phone with a CD-ROM drive.

I really need an app to help me move Apps to a CD-ROM drive, then to the cloud, then back to a micro-SD card because sometimes a power user has to power use his apps.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Devil Tesla posted:

Doesn't work for U2. :lol:

Because you haven't actually downloaded their album onto your device.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone know of any good grocery apps or weather widgets?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I need a grocery app that can recommend screen protectors.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bummey posted:

Naw, I'm with them. The ability to quickly add ringtones, music, files, whatever, to the phone without plugging in and going through a lengthy sync process on shittily optimized windows software would be swell to have.

Instead of plugging your phone into your computer (or your phone into power if you have wi-fi sync) you plug a card into your computer then into your phone. Plus you suddenly get all the joys of the file system. Not happening bucko.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone know of any grocery apps that play EDM?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Anyone know of any grocery apps that play EDM?

Canucks tonight but I don't think they do groceries.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Touch ID on my brand new 6+ stopped working, even after a reboot and deleting the one fingerprint I registered. The sensor has simply stopped registering my finger – any ideas on how I can get this thing working again?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

terre packet posted:

Touch ID on my brand new 6+ stopped working, even after a reboot and deleting the one fingerprint I registered. The sensor has simply stopped registering my finger – any ideas on how I can get this thing working again?

Bend your finger a lil bit.

Just kidding. Take it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Bend your finger a lil bit.

Just kidding. Take it in.

God drat it. Alright. 😕