Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Hazdoc posted:

Well, he's also funny as gently caress

You're out of your god drat mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Xolve, I was there and I ganked Destiny with you. You actually missed with your Tornado but tanked station guns long enough for my catalyst to kill Destiny.

I had no action taken against my account, and I did it twice.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Who is this Destiny guy?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Finally dropped the cash for a username change for truth in advertising. Happy Halloween!

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Dalael posted:

Who is this Destiny guy?

A toxic StarCraft 2 streamer who has bounced between several different games, and started up an EVE corp at some point. "Nanashi no Geemu" I think it was.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Xolve, I was there and I ganked Destiny with you. You actually missed with your Tornado but tanked station guns long enough for my catalyst to kill Destiny.

I had no action taken against my account, and I did it twice.

Not when I killed him with Xolve, when I later killed him with Torpedo Tammy.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Moddington posted:

A toxic StarCraft 2 streamer who has bounced between several different games, and started up an EVE corp at some point. "Nanashi no Geemu" I think it was.

Seriously? I used to watch him play SC2 a few years back. He was pretty good. I didn't know he now played EVE.

So whats his EVE story? you guys scammed him or something?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

Its a little complicated. He started streaming and was pretty vocal about how bad the game was. He got invited into Amok. so that we could show him the ropes and teach him out to do stuff properly. He got given a high SP character and then buggered off to create his own corp with a bunch of random people, because apparently he knew better. People routinely ganked and dunked his fleet and as far as I know, still do.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Dalael posted:

Nothing so drastic. Pretty quickly formed a corp with his swarm of viewers, and kind of just hangs out in the nullsec grr goons crowd.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

autism chariot posted:

Its a little complicated. He started streaming and was pretty vocal about how bad the game was. He got invited into Amok. so that we could show him the ropes and teach him out to do stuff properly. He got given a high SP character and then buggered off to create his own corp with a bunch of random people, because apparently he knew better. People routinely ganked and dunked his fleet and as far as I know, still do.

Well, if he couldn't be bothered to show some loyalty for those who taught him, then his fleets deserve to be dunked. I am not surprised however. Being a professional gamer/streamer, he needs to be the center of attention. He can't really do that well unless he's got his own corps/pubbies following him.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

autism chariot posted:

Why hasn't he been suicide ganked until he has nothing left in the bank already?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SugarAddict posted:

Why hasn't he been suicide ganked until he has nothing left in the bank already?

Because people give him stuff for nothing (or at least they did) and nobody is worth camping 24/7 to bankrupt.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

You're out of your god drat mind

Confirm.

SugarAddict posted:

He gets a lot of isk from older EVE players who watched him stream in the past, and refer PLEX from people who start playing after watching his stream. While he can be very lovely, he did get a few people into EVE from what I've seen.
Also, Nanashi no Geemu doesn't live in highsec, last I remembered they were living in lowsec near Syndicate. Of course, they've probably moved since the last time I saw them.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

They moved to catch to be up Hero's rear end after syndicate nearly killed them off.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

autism chariot posted:

His corp formed an alliance and are now slumming it in Catch with HERO, though I'm not sure they're actually part of HERO and just went to be bros or whatever. He has a pretty big hateboner for PL too, though that could be because Bob FromMarketing (not THAT BobFromMarketing, different guy) called out his bet for $150 or w/e on Reddit and proved why his math on an Augoror was wrong only to have Destiny welch on it.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

His corp formed an alliance and are now slumming it in Catch with HERO, though I'm not sure they're actually part of HERO and just went to be bros or whatever. He has a pretty big hateboner for PL too, though that could be because Bob FromMarketing (not THAT BobFromMarketing, different guy) called out his bet for $150 or w/e on Reddit and proved why his math on an Augoror was wrong only to have Destiny welch on it.

All I know is a page of this thread dedicated to him is far more than he will ever deserve. He's just another pubbie with a swarm of other pubbies following him around (or at least he did).

The item in question was an Estamel's Invuln, and I don't think he understood exactly how much that particular hardener is worth before he started his oratory about how T1 Logi was just as strong as T2 Logi (which were both ruining PvP).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 1, 2014

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Which BobfromMarketing is the bad BobfromMarketing again? I'm in the same corp as them and I don't know.

Renzyal
Aug 4, 2013
The one without a space.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What'd he do? I must be out of the loop.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=121652

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

YouTuber posted:

What'd he do? I must be out of the loop.

TLDR: He was a pedo.

Slightly longer version: While BFM was playing Eve, he was maintaining a creepy long-distance relationship with a teenage girl in Iceland. At the time, this girl had reached the age of consent in Iceland, but was firmly below the age of consent in BFM's home country. Pictures of a risque nature were sent. You can see where this leads. Let's avoid going into any more detail.

I've actually argued that the "Good BFM" should petition CCP for a name change, given the circumstances.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

TLDR: He was a pedo.

Slightly longer version: While BFM was playing Eve, he was maintaining a creepy long-distance relationship with a teenage girl in Iceland. At the time, this girl had reached the age of consent in Iceland, but was firmly below the age of consent in BFM's home country. Pictures of a risque nature were sent. You can see where this leads. Let's avoid going into any more detail.

I've actually argued that the "Good BFM" should petition CCP for a name change, given the circumstances.

Speaking as someone living in a country where the age of consent is 15 or sometimes lower depending on the circumstances. I suppose I'll have to jot down this whole matter as an "American thing" together with other things like deep fried snickers bars and the unironic wearing of cowboy boots.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ullerrm posted:

No way, petition CCP to change the other guy's name

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Also, FYI, last time this came up, the Archeage thread got gassed over it, so.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Zephyrine posted:

Speaking as someone living in a country where the age of consent is 15 or sometimes lower depending on the circumstances. I suppose I'll have to jot down this whole matter as an "American thing" together with other things like deep fried snickers bars and the unironic wearing of cowboy boots.

First, I am 72 and on so many medications that no woman, man or child could turn me on so I have no monkey in this circus.

But if people are going to act like hysterical housewives over the BFM thing at least get some facts right.

Assuming what has been posted so far is correct and this girl was 14-15 and lived in Iceland:

1. This makes him at worst a hebephile not a pedophile. It is a not insignificant difference as this is a lesser mental aberration. If she was 15 she may, depending on development have passed out of hebephile range and this would be no aberration at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

2. In America, for example, we incorrectly use the word pedophile for a man having sex with a 17 year old girl. Psychologists know that study after study (brain imaging, etc)show that men of all ages find females most attractive around age 16. But we have decided to protect these girls just as we have decided to protect many things by law. So that man with the 17 year old is breaking the law, but is not mentally aberrant.

3. The age of consent in Iceland is, indeed 15. So this BFM person was either legal or one year below legal and either non-aberrant or barely a hebephile.

So, in my opinion, BFM was a jerk back then and may be a jerk now, I don't know. Kicking him out was fine. But those of you acting like he was a baby-raper-murderer and SCT can never be forgiven for even giving him the benefit of the doubt for a few days are being ridiculously over-righteous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Please stop trying to get this thread gassed. I realise that you're actually doing it as an act of mercy, but some of us like this stupid game (even though it's terrible).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

autism chariot posted:

Please stop trying to get this thread gassed. I realise that you're actually doing it as an act of mercy, but some of us like this stupid game (even though it's terrible).

It's fine narciss is just quoting tokaii

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Narciss posted:

First, I am 72 and on so many medications that no woman, man or child could turn me on so I have no monkey in this circus.

But if people are going to act like hysterical housewives over the BFM thing at least get some facts right.

Assuming what has been posted so far is correct and this girl was 14-15 and lived in Iceland:

1. This makes him at worst a hebephile not a pedophile. It is a not insignificant difference as this is a lesser mental aberration. If she was 15 she may, depending on development have passed out of hebephile range and this would be no aberration at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

2. In America, for example, we incorrectly use the word pedophile for a man having sex with a 17 year old girl. Psychologists know that study after study (brain imaging, etc)show that men of all ages find females most attractive around age 16. But we have decided to protect these girls just as we have decided to protect many things by law. So that man with the 17 year old is breaking the law, but is not mentally aberrant.

3. The age of consent in Iceland is, indeed 15. So this BFM person was either legal or one year below legal and either non-aberrant or barely a hebephile.

So, in my opinion, BFM was a jerk back then and may be a jerk now, I don't know. Kicking him out was fine. But those of you acting like he was a baby-raper-murderer and SCT can never be forgiven for even giving him the benefit of the doubt for a few days are being ridiculously over-righteous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

In Germany, this is all irrelevant anyway since the "Age of Consent" means jack poo poo. German law concentrates on protecting the less experienced part of a relationship far past the "official" age of consent. Since German law would protect both a 16 year-old girl and a 16 year-old boy from sexual predation, this is far more relevant to me then some nonsense about "protecting girls". As if male minors don't even exist in your world, this is silly and stupid.

I just hope at this point you just copied+pasted this poo poo from somewhere else, because this would embarrass everyone who actually knows anything about Europe. If a German judge ever heard someone trying to defend himself/herself with this poo poo, he would assume they're just sexual predators trying to hide behind fancy words, and rightly so.

This post was brought to you by someone who heard idiots spout "The age of consent in Germany is just 13 14 15 16 I'm pretty sure it is lower then in the USA, but I don't actually know because I never bothered to look farther then the first Wikipedia-entry I could find!" one time to many.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

It's fine narciss is just quoting tokaii

Oh come on just as I was finished typing this. Well, now you have to suffer reading this, which is only fair since I suffered reading Narciss' post.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
You wrote out a bunch of stuff about a hypothetical if he was german and not american, you get what you deserve.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Now we all have to suffer for it, too.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Hey guys I'm here for the BFM pedo discussion.

My personal opinion is that BFM is a pedo.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry, but I've read to much in the various TV-Tropes threads and there was a disturbing amount of "Germany has an age of consent of 13" over time. Disturbing and frustrating for me, since it's only true in the most literal way, which leads directly into prison and/or a mental health clinic. Which I think those pedophiles didn't really grasp.

I just couldn't take it anymore. So back to Eve now: Apparently CCP plans to do something about standings, to make it less painful to repair bad standings. Which I hope they do soon, because I still want to do the Amarr Epic Arc, but repairing my Amarr standing was so painful I'm still stuck at the last 10-20 missions to finally get Ministry of Internal Order to 5.0 and start the arc. The sad part is I did my best to do my repairing in the most AFK-manner possible to avoid burning out and I still burned out. I'm dreading now to go back because I want to this arc really bad before disappearing into W-Space forever.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I heard noises about a tags for sec program for the various factions which might be what you're talking about. Sounds like a decent idea to me.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Libluini posted:

I'm sorry, but I've read to much in the various TV-Tropes threads and there was a disturbing amount of "Germany has an age of consent of 13" over time. Disturbing and frustrating for me, since it's only true in the most literal way, which leads directly into prison and/or a mental health clinic. Which I think those pedophiles didn't really grasp.

Who the gently caress cares, that wasn't at all relevant, why did you bring it up, please do not answer me

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Does the newbies@goonfleet.com address have a spam filter? If so, there is a good chance my email got stuck in there, because I first remembered after sending it that Google doesn't really like small self-hosted email servers all that much. :saddowns: The email address had my username in it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Leo Showers posted:

Violachair.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Leo Showers posted:

Who cares?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

What is the law in your country? If she's old enough to bleed, she's old enough to breed?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Dalael posted:

What is the law in your country? If she's old enough to bleed, she's old enough to breed?

If there's grass on the field, you play ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

autism chariot posted:

I heard noises about a tags for sec program for the various factions which might be what you're talking about. Sounds like a decent idea to me.

Yeah, that's been bouncing around in CSM minutes for a year or so. I haven't seen any official sign from CCP though.

Also, went on a small syndicate roam last night to confirm: even with its recent improvements, the Raptor is still rear end. The tracking on it is simply too poor -- I ganked a stiletto at one point, and even with it scrammed and webbed, it was able to mitigate some fire if I orbited at 1km. :v:

• Locked thread