Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
DERP. Not the GDT.

PantsFreeZone fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

chunkles posted:

I had a very cursory look at the defensive ones, but they seemed to still be very dependent on team defense.

Well, I think individual defense is mostly dependent on the role you have on a team as well, so I think that you'll never untangle those. Even offense is dependent on team.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jesus Christ at least sign someone to a 10-day or something. It's not like it's hard to plug someone into the Scott Brooks offense.

They can't. A certain number of players have to miss so many games before they can apply for a waiver to sign a 16th player.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
I dunno if this has been posted before, but here's Nardwuar the Human Serviette interviewing Metta World Peace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IhEWhKrFAI

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Terry Glenn posted:

They can't. A certain number of players have to miss so many games before they can apply for a waiver to sign a 16th player.

You know how people rag on the Thunder organization for being cheap during what you might call """THE WINDOW""" for a championship? What if the window is gone and the team is never healthy again... :ohdear:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol, that 8-man lineup just dominated Denver in the first half apparently.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol, that 8-man lineup just dominated Denver in the first half apparently.

I've had that game on in the background while I stream the Mavs and Denver just looks loving awful. Gallinari is rusty and they're asking Faried to do way too much offensively.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I've had that game on in the background while I stream the Mavs and Denver just looks loving awful. Gallinari is rusty and they're asking Faried to do way too much offensively.

Asking Faried to do anything on offense is asking too much.

Also Peep This

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
did the announcers know who wale was this time

e: that was the raptors guys, my bad

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

hitze posted:

Asking Faried to do anything on offense is asking too much.

He can catch comets and put them in the bucket. His oop was pretty sick.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Thanks everyone who answered my question

Rick posted:

Based on Suns v Lakers it doesn't feel like the guards are really working together, but their individual games are strong enough that it doesn't matter.

It's interesting that you say that, because the sportvu analysis column on nba.com had some stuff about how the Suns offense succeeded without much passing.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/10/16/measuring-ball-and-player-movement/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Andre Drummond has been in foul trouble all three games so far this year and just not really looking that great, this is supposed to be his year with SVG coaching him up :ohdear:

Also the Pistons are 0-3 and ran an 8 man rotation tonight. Its nice to not have to see any more Joel Anthony but give us some token Gigi Datome topknot please Stan.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Timberwolves have a neverending stream of wings who can airball 3s

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

John Wall has got a double double in all the games he's played this season (3) :cool:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
So far it seems like PantsFreeZone is right about everything he was saying

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Every time I see Isaiah Thomas play, I think to myself what the gently caress were the Kings thinking

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kendrick Perkins has dropped 17 points off the bench in 20 minutes of playtime after being taken out of the starting lineup.

#FreeKendrick

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

pylb posted:

He's played in 40 wins over the last 3 seasons.

48 wins without LBJ. 12 wins a year. :eyepop:

Terry Glenn posted:

I don't necessarily think 50 wins even gets you in the playoffs this season, but I also expect OKC to win more than 73% of their games with KD and Russ back. I also wouldn't be surprised if Durant and/or Westbrook were ready earlier in their recovery timetable but who knows.

If there are 9+ teams in the west that end up with 50+ wins that's going to be pretty funny.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Do you guys think Jacques Vaughan is in danger of getting fired if Orlando doesnt get some wins or is he still at tanking team coach protection status?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Kendrick Perkins has dropped 17 points off the bench in 20 minutes of playtime after being taken out of the starting lineup.

#FreeKendrick

Scott Brooks smiles and nods knowingly

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

#FreeKendrick

No

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

Every time I see Isaiah Thomas play, I think to myself what the gently caress were the Kings thinking

Especially replacing him with Collison. I think it was pretty obvious that short-phobia exists in Sacramento.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Pistons are really bad y'all

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There were some pretty good moments from the Wolves/Bulls game tonight. I made an imgur album to store the .gifs I've been making if anyone wants to check them out.

http://imgur.com/a/R2cHv

They're sorta big so I don't want to just link them, not sure how much is too much for a non-gdt/gif thread.

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
Well there's definitely been rumors that Boogie and Thomas didn't like each other, and if your franchise guy doesn't get along with someone then I guess it makes sense to ditch him. Really it makes more sense to find a system or a way to get your best players to like each other, but thats probably a lot to ask from a historically pretty poorly run organization like the Kings

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What rumors??? Boogie and IT22 were BFF

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

What rumors??? Boogie and IT22 were BFF

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/qa-isaiah-thomas-on-the-suns-u-dub-love-and-sweating-out-the-draft/

Zach Lowe posted:

Whenever someone leaves a team under semi-controversial circumstances, the people left on that team the next preseason sometimes come out with those passive-aggressive comments about how things are really looking up. I’m sure you’ve seen the comments from DeMarcus Cousins and others, about how the ball isn’t “sticking” any more, and things like that. Do you hear that stuff? Do you care?

Isaiah Thomas posted:

It definitely is a jab at me. I see it, and I use it as motivation. I don’t think too much of it, because I definitely wasn’t the problem there. But I do see the shots thrown at me. I wish the people throwing the shots would say my name, but they don’t want to. I just go about my business and worry about what I’ve got to do with the Phoenix Suns.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

What's up tho John Wall
https://vine.co/v/OOJ0qUQvZra

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder how much the Bulls contributed to the Keep Tony Brothers Refereeing Fund.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

IT leaves > someone asks if the ball moves better > it does, because Collison replaced a shoot-first PG > now IT is hurt because Cuz admitted it.

I get that nobody paid attention to the Kings because nobody has any reason to, but IT leaving the team is because they gave him an assbutt offer, not because Boogie gave them an ultimatum.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Bashez posted:

He can catch comets and put them in the bucket. His oop was pretty sick.

I don't care if the Nuggets lose as long as I get to see McGee smash 4 blocks per game.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

WYA posted:

Do you guys think Jacques Vaughan is in danger of getting fired if Orlando doesnt get some wins or is he still at tanking team coach protection status?

I don't think he's particularly great or anything but there's no point in firing him. They're not supposed to be winning

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

IT leaves > someone asks if the ball moves better > it does, because Collison replaced a shoot-first PG > now IT is hurt because Cuz admitted it.

I get that nobody paid attention to the Kings because nobody has any reason to, but IT leaving the team is because they gave him an assbutt offer, not because Boogie gave them an ultimatum.

Thomas averages more assists per game then Collison and is generally a better passer, as well as being generally better then Collison at just about everything else. In that article Thomas and Lowe both agree that if Boogie explicitly wanted Thomas back then the franchise would have gotten him back. I'm not saying it's true Boogie didn't get along with IT but it seems like a reasonable thing to believe.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can someone explain to me how Ballstreams is still hosted? Like there is no similar service that is pirating MLB or NHL for cash. Does the NBA have a useless legal dept?

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

It's hosted in the Netherlands where there are apparently little to no copyright laws so it seems the NBA can't do anything about it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

zapplez posted:

Can someone explain to me how Ballstreams is still hosted? Like there is no similar service that is pirating MLB or NHL for cash. Does the NBA have a useless legal dept?

Ballstreams does the exact same thing for NHL.
http://www6.hockeystreams.com/

MLB is a buttload of games and probably not worth hunting down some Pirates vs Reds game in June, I am guessing NBA and NHL have a better World-Wide appeal too.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Hawks won tonight! It was all due to two things:

1) Al Horford is really good
2) Grand Hustla Homie

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Who the gently caress is Rich Paul?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jeremy Lin is not that good. But he'll probably be an All-Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

cus kobe

• Locked thread