Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

But it was so funny when <politicians are bad>, haha! I laughed so hard at <Danae hates everybody>!! That lazy <Maine accent> loves lasagna so much!!

Uh Oh, Mondays again!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

But it was so funny when <politicians are bad>, haha! I laughed so hard at <Danae hates everybody>!! That lazy <Maine accent> loves lasagna so much!!

Haha Wiley :) good one Wiley Wiley :ughh: Cute :3: :rolleyes: Wiley Wiley Wiley ok I laughed Wiley

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It is pretty funny watching bankers suffer in eternal damnation, though, you have to admit.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

What? Brooke must've been drunk.

Panel 1: Edna asks Amos a simple conversational question. Amos replies in a way that sounds polite but makes no sense whatsoever.
Panels 2 and 3: Edna's expression reveals that she is now very annoyed by Amos's monkeycheese randomness.
Panel 4: Amos revels in having been an annoying little poo poo.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Ugh.
I love how everyone comments on various aspects of the theater when all we can see is a rainbow-colored unfurnished room.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Ugh.

So, that theater is going to be the next thing T.J. burns down, then?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
I hope TJ buys that theater, fixes it up, starts renting it out and then it has to shut down and all his assets are repossessed when the insurance company sues him for fraud.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

So, that theater is going to be the next thing T.J. burns down, then?

It's the only way he can get Brad's attention these days.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia
'

Clever costume, I like it.

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

BUT A VOLVO S60 IS A loving CAR

This better be an edit. :mad:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dewgy posted:

BUT A VOLVO S60 IS A loving CAR

This better be an edit. :mad:

I don't think so. All those clues were totally irrelevant and red herrings. Half the comic is basically wasted space.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kavak posted:

I don't think so. All those clues were totally irrelevant and red herrings. Half the comic is basically wasted space.

I just don't understand what the hell leads logically to suspect number 7. Was the whole goal of the puzzle "which question should they ask" or were we genuinely supposed to know who did it?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Manuel Calavera posted:

Will you call when you get there?

:hfive:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The question is what other question do they ask. It just so happens that it's number 7 who is guilty.

I feel like we've seen this before, but with the "I don't own a car" person being guilty for the same reason.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Yeah, that one was posted before. I remember it.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (November 3, 1956)

Peanuts: Year One (September 17-19, 1951)

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

Jesus, Wiley, get off it. My banker was extremely nice, and helpful throughout the life of my mortgage -- which I just paid off in September. The interest rate was excellent. The bank sent me a gift basket with a congratulation card signed by the personnel. Ya know.. they're allowed to make a little money too.

Come now. He's just following his sincere Christian beliefs. Usury sends you to hell, and that's that, so you're not allowed "to make a little money" too. Take it up with God if you don't like it.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, that one was posted before. I remember it.

Another of my edits. Wanamingo is drawing from the same place now where I was pulling from in September. You'll probably see a few more familiar comics for the same reason, too.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Bleeker: I used to get Halloween candy from Santa every year.

Pickles: Hasn't Facebook replaced those things?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

gently caress this stupid loving strip. Why introduce new characters only to have them not show up for this stupid "party"? How is this even a party when there's nothing going on? In what way is this a better investment than a food truck?

F Minus

Mary Worth

Yes. Add your name to the list and begin your morbid vigil, awaiting someone's death so that you might take their place.

Rex Morgan MD

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

Val cannot bear to see any living thing suffer, which is why he kills quickly and efficiently.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Didn't we just have a strip about how none of the kids liked the candy they gave out because it was all health nut stuff? The continuity in this strip is awful.

On the Fastrack

Dude, that's every comment section, community, forum, and Facebook post thread ever.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Careful with that slippery slope. A lot of people think all organized religions are cults.

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

Oh. Well. Let Max figure it out. What mouse worth his salt can't navigate a sewer? Then just go the opposite way because this is Max we're talking about here.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Good doggy!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Midnight Moth posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Careful with that slippery slope. A lot of people think all organized religions are cults.

"Once you start following the Doobie Brothers on tour, there's no way out til you hit rock bottom!"

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

Oh. Well. Let Max figure it out. What mouse worth his salt can't navigate a sewer? Then just go the opposite way because this is Max we're talking about here.

Cats aren't that cooperative.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

As annoying as Mary Worth is, I appreciate panel 4. The composition focuses on a character's feet and lower legs while still having the dialog have some context. (Unlike some others who do lazy "just feet" shots all the drat time.)

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Didn't we just have a strip about how none of the kids liked the candy they gave out because it was all health nut stuff? The continuity in this strip is awful.

Continuity doesn't ever seem to be high on Kelly's list.

In my neighborhood, we used to have a pair of awesome teens who'd come around during the day after Halloween, while most of us were out in our yards putting away our displays. They'd offer to help take down tombstones etc. in exchange for taking unwanted leftover candy off your hands. They made out like bandits.

Random thought: I haven't seen anybody trick or treating for UNICEF in a long time. Is that no longer a thing in the US?

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

TofuDiva posted:

In my neighborhood, we used to have a pair of awesome teens who'd come around during the day after Halloween, while most of us were out in our yards putting away our displays. They'd offer to help take down tombstones etc. in exchange for taking unwanted leftover candy off your hands. They made out like bandits.

Random thought: I haven't seen anybody trick or treating for UNICEF in a long time. Is that no longer a thing in the US?

We had one UNICEF trick-or-treater last night so it's still around.

Also I hope those two teens went on to start a successful business because that idea was ingenious.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

Heathcliff

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set learns a valuable lesson about manners.

Working Daze hasn't updated yet. You're welcome.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze hasn't updated yet.
An early Christmas present! Santa got my letter.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Eh, there are assholes in all lines of work, not just banking and lawyering, and not all of the people working in those two fields are assholes per Wiley's blanket statement. I guess I happened to get good bank. Whatever.

See, now this is pretty good.

Surprise Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

It's Gam Gamweed Gam today.

Zits

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Yes. Add your name to the list and begin your morbid vigil, awaiting someone's death so that you might take their place.

Now, there's no need to be so morbid. Somebody might just get so old and decrepit that they need to be moved to a facility that offers full-time nursing care. Or they might just run out of money and have to move to a less expensive old-folks home with fewer amenities where they will be given the opportunity to sit in a room all day with some facility-assigned roommate and together they will wait to die.

Oh my god what have we been doing to our old people I don't want to get old.

:smith:

TofuDiva posted:

Where are those kids when you need them? I don't have any Halloween junk to take down, but I bought way too much candy. We only had like three groups of trick-or-treaters on Halloween night.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

:stonk::hf::black101:

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic
Sunday Phantom got huge today!

Big Ben Bolt is having framing issues.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (November 3, 1956)

Funky Winkerbean

Classic Popeye Sunday, in which the world conspires against Geezil's charity. (c. 1940)

Pogo: Ted Forth's not the only one who has to deal with the runoff. (November 3, 1968)

First-Gen Blondie (c. 1943)

Out Our Way (December 23-24, 1925)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

No it isn't. It is never good. At best it can sometimes be banal, but it is never good, and one of the most consistently unfunny comics.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set learns a valuable lesson about manners.

I've spent the better part of a year trying to figure out what Dinette Set reminds me of, and I finally realized it's like the comic strip equivalent of Andrea Joyce Heimer paintings:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Eh, there are assholes in all lines of work, not just banking and lawyering, and not all of the people working in those two fields are assholes per Wiley's blanket statement. I guess I happened to get good bank. Whatever.

Nah, Non Sequitur is actually garbage all the time. Sometimes you say one is pretty good and I make the mistake of reading it, only to be reminded that nope, it's still terrible. Not even interestingly terrible, at that, just bland garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year One (September 17-19, 1951)

• Locked thread