Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
On Turn four or five, with lethal on board next turn and no creatures on field, the jeskai heroic combo player goes off infinite with a top decked springleaf drum. This deck is sweet. A very fun deck to watch, probably the worst thing to lose to in this kind of format.

Deofuta fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
all right ascendancy combo just won from an empty board, time for me to kick green to the curb

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Can I just say I love this Jeskai Heroic Combo insanity.

From Doomwake Giant wipe to win in no time.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
:pcgaming: Jeskai Heroic Combo Deck! :pcgaming:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 2, 2014

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Did I miss something or did Bradley Yoo not play a brain maggot there that could have hit the retraction helix?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
e;fb, but Jeskai Heroic Combo just had an amazing win off of an empty board and topdecked the perfect card.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So allowing his opponent to Scry really did lose him the game...

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking. And he also untapped his helix'd guy for him at the end game.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Jeskai Ascendancy :cripes:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

not actually. He drew the drum off of the loot trigger, then had one more draw from the dragon mantle.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A big flaming stink posted:

not actually. He drew the drum off of the loot trigger, then had one more draw from the dragon mantle.

If Ivan scry'd away a land he did lose off it though.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Chorocojo posted:

40 alternate DRAGONIFIED arts at the prerelease

This is the coolest poo poo.

Also, I guess I'm buying a play set of ascendancies because this just seems like too much fun.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

If Ivan scry'd away a land he did lose off it though.

....no, I mean he was going to draw the drum even if there was an extra land.

if you're saying that just being a card deeper the entire game helped him out then yes obviously

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is this the first black sort-of wrath since Damnation (5 cmc is close enough).

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Rinkles posted:

life's finale, black sun's zenith are sort of wraths as well

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

They got 6 cmc last block.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Extinguish All Hope and the Mutilate reprint as well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What a morbid card

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Just a thought: this dragon tribal stuff is going to feel really odd until we get to DTK and see some standard playable dragons that aren't red.

Of course, I realize that the dragon tribal aspect may not see actual play, but I would be happy if it did. :shobon:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Boxman posted:

Just a thought: this dragon tribal stuff is going to feel really odd until we get to DTK and see some standard playable dragons that aren't red.

Of course, I realize that the dragon tribal aspect may not see actual play, but I would be happy if it did. :shobon:

Why wouldn't Fate get its own Dragons?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Finally Wizards has the opportunity to right reprint Nalathni Dragon, as well as returning Banding to Standard! You know what to do, WotC.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm wondering if some kind of Jund midrange thing is possible. Ramp into Stormbreath, use the wrath to blow up everything other than Stormbreath.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

He won his follow up game, at least.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Is there any sort of deck tech link to this ascendancy deck yet? Hard to watch the stream on my phone.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/jeskai_heroic_combo_deck_tech_.html for what I assume is a similar list, although this specific guy isn't 8-1 with the deck.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Boco_T posted:

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/jeskai_heroic_combo_deck_tech_.html for what I assume is a similar list, although this specific guy isn't 8-1 with the deck.

This is within two cards of the list in the Top 8.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Froghammer posted:

I'm wondering if some kind of Jund midrange thing is possible. Ramp into Stormbreath, use the wrath to blow up everything other than Stormbreath.

I'd be surprised if Stormbreath is the only good dragon around after Fate Reforged comes out. But you can do this now with just Sarkhan or Zurgo and End Hostilities. There's just too much non-white removal around for it to really be a dominant strategy.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Crux of Fate is yet another flavor home run for Wizards. What a great card. :allears:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Angry Grimace posted:

I'd be surprised if Stormbreath is the only good dragon around after Fate Reforged comes out. But you can do this now with just Sarkhan or Zurgo and End Hostilities. There's just too much non-white removal around for it to really be a dominant strategy.

Playing stormbreath as a wincon and having a potential 5 mana duneblast is pretty good and will probably happen a few times. I would consider replacing my end hostilities with those in mardu control. If we get a playable dragon other than ol' stormie I could try Grixis dragon control maybe, hell yes

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I've missed out on a PTQ Top 8 to drawing extra cards, I've hosed up mulligans and gone down to four in the must win match to make Day 2 of a GP, have had to call a Judge and hang my head in shame when a game winning Burning Wish resolved and I counted 17 cards in my sideboard.

Magic has left me butthurt and salty plenty of times but you have to learn to shrug it off, laugh at yourself, crack jokes. No one likes the guy who loses to something and spends all of dinner after the event whining or makes a face and says "I quit" because they messed something up. Don't be that guy.

Agree. I went to a super IQ (modern) with delver today. 47 players. I ended up at 39th...of 39 remaining players. I lost to the guy who lost all his matches. I had a bye in the final round. If you were worse than me, you dropped! That was my joke. I stuck it out because gently caress it, I came to play cards, I chose to play that deck instead of something I was more familiar with and probably better off running. I got a consolation prize for sticking it out though, one of those neat mox playmats. 2 of the guys I went with place,d one ended up 3rd and one 15th, the other 2 friends went 3-3, we had a good day out. Just shrug it off. Someone does have to lose, and it isn't always going to be the worst player in the room.

Seriously, in the last match I played, I had 25 loving cards in my GY not 1 treasure cruise to be seen. I needed 6 points of dmg to win that game. Had I seen a cruise at any point I feel I'd have won. Still, cool playmat :)

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Boxman posted:

I am going to take a shot in the dark and guess that Dragons of Tarkir has "Dragon tribal" as one of its things

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I dunno. I just don't see it. Now, Ouphe tribal, that's something I could see happening. Maybe more jellyfish.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
buy every crucible of fire for a quarter each; watch them become a crucial 4-of in the full block meta

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Zorak posted:

I am going to take a shot in the dark and guess that Dragons of Tarkir has "Dragon tribal" as one of its things

Hey, it's always possible we'll just get CMC Matters instead.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Dragonspeaker Shaman reprint coming y'all. :unsmith:

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Dragonstorm in standard, the scale be damned!

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

"Dragonshifted"

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Also I know it's unlikely but I hope Sarkhan pulls a Fry and kills his own ancestor/becomes his own ancestor.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ungulateman posted:

Crux of Fate is yet another flavor home run for Wizards. What a great card. :allears:

Everything except the dragons gets killed, third set is dragons only :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I don't know about you guys, but considering Magic's history, I'm going to be personally amazed if this doesn't end up with Tarkir becoming a shittier place because dragons are assholes.

• Locked thread