Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
If I have to choose two murdering options from a) cool weapons, b) nukes, c) smugness, then unfortunately cool weapons have to go. Thanks. I've been pumping Mag first and Agi and Luck (roughly equally) second, and I just picked up the first skill that recovers MP in the field, so I'm basically ceaselessly Bufu'ing everything in sight like a Disney princess. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I built my MC into a physical bruiser + party heal and Zio for utility.

Four digit crits are so satisfying.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
99% of the game I was fine with a Magical build, but I had a hell of a hard time with one of the DLC bosses (Sanat), enough that if I could do the game again I would definitely focus more on Dexerity just to avoid the hassle that was that fight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am eternally stuck on the last DLC boss (Masakados) because not only is that boss fight timed, he does ridiculous amounts of damage and I can't find a way to fight him that isn't based on luck.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If I recall correctly, you can get through that fight with a chance to take no damage at all if you cover your demon's weaknesses with Repel and try to have your MC always smirked via Archangel's Law. Then you just use Refrigerate and Kannuki-Throw with the corresponding Pierces and he goes down really fast.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It's mid-December in Persona 3 and now that I've maxed out the Star and Tower links, the only social link the game will allow me to raise is the Gourmet King. Irritating.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
On the other hand, wishing at the shrine instead of hanging out with him just got me two million yen. I didn't realize that could happen.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://tcrf.net/Persona_Q:_Shadow_of_the_Labyrinth

Apparently Persona Q beta things are coming out already. The beta character textures make it look like they wanted to do a little less cartoony look. Nothing is spoiled on the page.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dehry posted:

Apparently Persona Q beta things are coming out already. The beta character textures make it look like they wanted to do a little less cartoony look. Nothing is spoiled on the page.

quote:

Temporary icons for Ryotaro Dojima and Tohru Adachi from Persona 4. They don't appear at all in this game.

This is the worst news.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
It was all worth it for Aigis dancing.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

It's mid-December in Persona 3 and now that I've maxed out the Star and Tower links, the only social link the game will allow me to raise is the Gourmet King. Irritating.

His entire SL didn't improve at all from day 1 to the ending. I ended up clearing everyone's SL on different replays because I wanted to know what happened. I'm not saying P3 isn't fun but some of the SL were just :bravo2:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

People give a lot of reasons for why the female main character is better in Persona 3, but honestly the best thing about choosing her is that there is no Gourmet King s-link.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
What even happens in that link? I wonder if anyone actually likes the Gourmet King. I thought everyone could all get together and hate Ken, but apparently he has a few fans, so maybe the Gourmet King is the same...

laplace posted:

It was all worth it for Aigis dancing.

I hate Aigis and even I think it was worth it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gourmet King is a dumb huge jerk, but the hatred he inspires in people is admirable.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dehry posted:

I am so excited for this game, but am sad to see that the adults will not be in the game. I feel like Akihiko and Dojima, for instance, could have funny scenes of non-emoting at each other.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Momomo posted:

I thought everyone could all get together and hate Ken, but apparently he has a few fans, so maybe the Gourmet King is the same...

I don't recall if the Gourmet King's final persona was worth it or not.

I'm just confused why game developers thought it is a good idea to add a SL where you can't be just friends with a grade schooler. I liked P4's ability to become friends w/everyone account of no one is good enough for the MC v:v:v

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think it's Sandalphon, and he doesn't have anything special in the way of abilities. Might be necessary for a fusion.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

I am so excited for this game, but am sad to see that the adults will not be in the game. I feel like Akihiko and Dojima, for instance, could have funny scenes of non-emoting at each other.

That would require Adachi and Dojima to know about persona/shadows. That would be an interesting plot point to work out, especially considering the story.

They took the teams at their peak, just before their world comes crashing down. That line of thinking would get Ikutsuki and Strega involved as well. They gotta save that for Persona Q2: The Quest for More Money.( Featuring Yu Narukami's friendly nemesis Sho Minazuki.)

Speaking of Persona, Memories of You finally came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKyf_7J6sA

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Momomo posted:

I hate Aigis and even I think it was worth it.

I don't remember Aigis dancing. Is that from Persona Q?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dehry posted:

That would require Adachi to know about persona/shadows.

About that...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dojima would know if Yu'd just stick the hand into the tv do it do it do it

Terper fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 4, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think by the end of everything, Dojima was somewhat aware that the kids were doing some craaaazy poo poo.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Butt Ghost posted:

I think by the end of everything, Dojima was somewhat aware that the kids were doing some craaaazy poo poo.

Don't you flat out explain everything to him at the end very end of the game? And he's like "gently caress it, whatever"?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Don't you flat out explain everything to him at the end very end of the game? And he's like "gently caress it, whatever"?

Nope.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

He pretty much says that in Arena 2, but in Persona 4 you can tell him everything and he thinks you're lying.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, if my nephew told me he was jumping into a TV set to fight the personifications of humanity's dark side I'd assume he was just tripping balls. And while Dojima doesn't believe you when you flat out tell him, he does know that you're the only ones who can get Nanako back to him after she's kidnapped

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dehry posted:

He pretty much says that in Arena 2, but in Persona 4 you can tell him everything and he thinks you're lying.

It's still kind of baffling how that there's no point in the interrogation you can't just walk up to the TV right there in the room and stick your hand in.

Like, if they gave an option to try it but Dojima cuts you off and go, 'don't mess around, ugh, I'm going outside for a smoke', that's one thing, but that it's not even an option.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That was one of my major complaints about P4. Just like, in June, the first time he gets all suspicious, just walk over and stick your hand and or head into the tv and be like "YO CHECK THIS OUT YA OLD DRUNKO" and then he would be owned and also become a party member.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

In the Euro version of SMT4, Diana has had her many nipples airbrushed out. Looks really freaky.

e: grabbed a pic off Miiverse

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 4, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what about mara! is he okay!?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Future hazy, please ask again

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Sodium Chloride posted:

In the Euro version of SMT4, Diana has had her many nipples airbrushed out. Looks really freaky.

Hasn't that always been the case for Diana? I remember the same thing happening in IMAGINE.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

Still looks as bad. Just tons of testicles hanging off her now. They should have changed the color or something.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

i'm sure he'll be fine, even the censors can't beat off that magnificent schlong.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Mara is in the game, and the guy who summons him/her to fight you makes a dick innuendo when he does it.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Hasn't that always been the case for Diana? I remember the same thing happening in IMAGINE.

She had the nipples in her debut in Japanese Soul Hackers. All of her appearances after that were nipple-free IIRC, regardless of version.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Genpei Turtle posted:

She had the nipples in her debut in Japanese Soul Hackers. All of her appearances after that were nipple-free IIRC, regardless of version.

Guess I made a fuss about nothing then. Checked Strange Journey and there are no nipples there either.

Since the Euro rating is lower I expected something to change (plus something to justify the delay).

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Don Gato posted:

To be fair, if my nephew told me he was jumping into a TV set to fight the personifications of humanity's dark side I'd assume he was just tripping balls. And while Dojima doesn't believe you when you flat out tell him, he does know that you're the only ones who can get Nanako back to him after she's kidnapped

It's been awhile and I haven't cleared P4:G but I think this is correct what happens when you confront your uncle about it.

For some reason many adults or older people don't trust in teens in JRPGs :v:

So it goes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

You explain it to him in like November or so and he doesn't believe you. Of course, there was a TV right behind you that you could have proven your claim with. You just don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If I was stuck in an interrogation room with one of the scariest people in town, I wouldn't want to move either.