Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
open sesame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Well, Harley Quinn's cast of characters just got weirder. Meet Edgar Fullerton Yeung.

Harley Quinn Annual #1

CapnAndy posted:

Yes, I wonder whose son Ed Fu Yeung could possibly be.

Cassa posted:

That just seems like a string of random monkey cheese with no hope of payoff.

Random Stranger posted:

Sadly, I know about 80% of it is actually from the comics. My brain should not be used to store this kind of information.

Cangelosi posted:

How can an egg have children?

HOW CAN AN EGG HAVE CHILDREN?

ImpAtom posted:

He was fertilized, duh.

Alternate ending:

Gavok posted:

By having sex with a chicken.

Now which one came first? That I can't answer.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

TheQuietWilds posted:

boom boom boom posted:

The vast majority of men have a penis and the vast majority of women have a vagina. Like, 99 percent. It's totally reasonable to assume that a person you meet on the street is gonna have junk that matches their gender signifiers.

Someone once posted:

Statistically, everybody has one ball and one labia.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Labium :goonsay:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ShufflerZero posted:

Pride & Prejudice and the relative importance of Keira Knightley's neck vs a tree

Mr. Flunchy posted:

That tree has an excellent agent.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

*lena dunham has her period and violently soils herself during a job interview then falls to the floor weeping as blood and poo poo stain the carpet*

girls fans: haha wow this is great finally a show about the real things that happen to real women

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FYAD's annual thread about CC's NaNoWriMo thread is the best stuff on the forums:

James Hardon posted:

cool this guy posted an unironic version of a post i made in last year's thread

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I'm going to write a story about a young boy living in Crimea during the late 19th century. His mother is dead and his father is distant. Every day he grubs for potatoes, breaking apart the ice with his bare hands before he digs through the freezing ground. Each potato must last his family a week. One day, the Tsar's men arrive in the town and begin to break down doors. They are looking for somebody. It will never be clear who. Just another empty year; devoid of warmth, love or answers.

Nah jokes I'm writing about werewolves WITH A TWIST.

James Hardon posted:

Whew. 35,000 words as of last night. i'm finally at the point i've been building up to in this schmorgasbord of plot contrivances, shoehorns and hackneyed dialogue. up until now the story has been a deliberately-paced character study of a czechoslovakian medical student dealing with the consequences of the soviet union's 1968 takeover on his family and personal life.

but gently caress that: poo poo's about to get real with mutafucken FAST ZOMBIES up in this bitch now

And for some classics from last year's thread (maybe another previous thread? Idr), some site that collects good-rear end posts has animal drums's parodies of goon NaNoWriMo projects:
http://www.tehposts.com/fiction/dirk-knifesteel.html

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
a couple were from the 2012 thread and the rest were made specifically for this front page article http://www.somethingawful.com/news/dirk-knifesteel-fyad/

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I wish I could be the man who came up with the name Alaester Blade-Sniper.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Grandmother of Five posted:

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the PYF Pet Peeve thread, but whatever. Has anyone noticed that everyone and their mothers have begun to considering themselves experts on every drug available after Breaking Bad? I'm noticing the phrase "its like X on crack" a lot and from people who I'm certain have never smoked it once. Some of my favourites includes

Ground coffee is like regular coffee on crack - No, actually, it is like ground coffee

Chokolate milk is like milk on crack - No, actually, it is like chocolate milk

Saints Row is like GTA on crack - Apt, actually, and I agree, but the person who said this' favorite GTA was something other than San Andreas, which is what was stupid in the conversation we had.

Bhuddism ia like Hinduism on crack - It is not. They are identical in every meaningful way except for Hinduism being a majority religion and as such in a better position to opress the minority. Bhuddism has the exact same mechanics that justifies a rigid caste system, it is simply not held by a majority or elite who has the practical means of doing so and Bhuddism somehow being better than Hinduism is some A grade level western hipster bullshit.

Grape juice is like orange juice on crack - I can appreciate the sentiment, but I am getting tired of hearing it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Full Battle Rattle posted:

As defenseless woman murder simulators go I reckon it would be tough to come up with a package more complete than MGS4.

Yeah they're totally defenseless as they fly around in giant Hawk armors shooting Napalm at you

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I felt a lot of compassion for these helpless virtual women in prime physical condition as they donned cutting edge combat suits to fight an old man dying of super cancer

Sigma-X posted:

A woman shouldn't need to wear a robot wolf armed with a railgun to feel safe walking around abandoned nuclear weapon facilities late at night

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

SgtScruffy posted:

This mask. So I can go as this tonight:

Why do you guys keep posting pictures of Mitt Romney? Was he the go to costume for the year?

The original

SgtScruffy posted:

This mask. So I can go as this tonight:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

CharmingMadman posted:

I just got COD: Ghosts for PS3, Because I keep up with the times and poo poo. Anyone need a bullet sponge on their team?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

For those of you who are not video game nerds, the most recent CoD game came out yesterday.

Also Ghosts sucked.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Guy posting about Call of Duty: Ghosts in what appears to be the Call Of Duty: Ghosts thread, good poo poo.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1stGear posted:

For those of you who are not video game nerds, the most recent CoD game came out yesterday.

Also Ghosts sucked.

What made it suck worse than the earlier titles?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Probably nothing really, but the people playing them have aged and played very similar iterations of the same franchise year after year to have finally outgrown it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The thing that stood out to me was that most of the maps were too big.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can't believe a goon bought an FPS game smh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Phlegmish posted:

Guy posting about Call of Duty: Ghosts in what appears to be the Call Of Duty: Ghosts thread, good poo poo.
No, see, he said something self-deprecating about it.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

FYAD's annual thread about CC's NaNoWriMo thread is the best stuff on the forums:

And for some classics from last year's thread (maybe another previous thread? Idr), some site that collects good-rear end posts has animal drums's parodies of goon NaNoWriMo projects:
http://www.tehposts.com/fiction/dirk-knifesteel.html
Where's the one that ends with "gonna do it hard...cyber-hard"

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

There should be a word for when a joke has zero entertainment value because nobody gets it, and once it has been :thejoke: explained it somehow becomes even less funny

anyways

fanged wang posted:

christian bale in the american psycho movie was really rich and attractive which made his I AM JUST THE HUMAN FACE OF AN EMPTY VOID I WANT TO PLAY IN YOUR BLOOD poo poo tolerable to viewers. when those same kinds of words come out of overgrown fat kids it's just the internet

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

loquacius posted:

It comes up every thread: thin privilege is not being owned constantly by small children

e: Also that kid's health poem sounds like I just challenged Gollum to a riddling contest and he thinks I'm a tubbo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gently caress techies.

Baracula posted:

is that the line for the guillotine?

Doflamingo posted:

guillotine? is that the new app everyone's been talking about??

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Nah it would be guillrtine or maybe guillotn

Baracula posted:

decapitatr

Wowbagger2004 posted:

There it is.

Wowbagger2004 posted:

I will invest 500 million USD where do I sign

Pebergehund posted:

It really cuts out the middle man

Doflamingo posted:

ISIS hates it!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Post your favorite Ghosts quote

Mutation posted:

Well, the first couple of hours on the new COD multiplayer left me thinking it was loving fun as all hell. Which is a better than the one Ghosts left me with: "Oh god why."

Now I'm excited to see what three years will do to a Treyarch game. Their stuff is so schlocky and b-movie that its endearing.

HUMAN FISH posted:

What was wrong with Ghosts?

SoulChicken posted:

Often what is wrong with Ghosts is that they were killed in a violent way and the killer has eluded retribution, leaving them in a kind of purgatory between corporeal and non corporeal worlds. Could also be because of things left undone or the ghost itself did something unjust or violent. This can lead to malevolent ghosts which can get really scary. Normally identifying what is wrong with a specific ghost means that fixing that problem can lead to them escaping to the afterlife. Not all malevolent ghosts are actually evil, just frustrated and misunderstood.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

misguided rage posted:

Where's the one that ends with "gonna do it hard...cyber-hard"
That was Zybourne Clock fanfiction:

Ingwit posted:

Johnny Fiveaces powered down the magnabike with a not quite unhearble hum and checked his chronometer. “drat.” he hissed threw his clinched teeth which were surrounded by the stubble of five days where in he had not shaven himself at all. It was almost chromodawn at Clashpoint. Alreddy the sun was sitting Walliston’s Hill ah blaze like so much molten meddle or a coin, gyreating in the air, tossed there by the uncaring hand of an imaginary god that doesn’t exist, borne from the interior minds of the hobbled masses. The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange. drat, he, Johnny, thought. We thought we were opening a new beginning with our mad dreams of time travail but ironically the only time now is the time of which we’re out of. It’s almost humorous. Yeah, I could almost laugh, if I hadn’t cried that part of me away when my parents were maccasared by Dr. Malaprop and the government sanctioned murderers of “CAPITAL”.

He lit a Nicosheen brand swaggerette and took a dip drag, sinking farther into his inferior horologue. He thought of Nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-ham being tongued by one of Malaprop’s slamhounds. When he got back to City5, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. “That’s right doll” he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going to do it cyber hard.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Zybourne Clock is still the funniest thing these forums ever have, and ever will, produce.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

[LITERALLY JIGGLING]
[JIGGLING INTENSIFIES]

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Syd Midnight posted:

Zybourne Clock is still the funniest thing these forums ever have, and ever will, produce.
I went to watch the game trailer, and found out some guys filmed a live action 10 minute bit and it's hilaribad. Johnny parries Vandermaus's sword with his beer mug. Dirk McLauren gives the speech. Perfect.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Nov 4, 2014

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

No. 6 posted:

Make a Viking Five-Aces

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

this scares me a lot

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

like one loose wire or some dumb thing and the track is painted red.

syscall girl posted:

last time i saw that pic someone mentioned that every 4th train or so has a brush down there to keep the tracks clean but idk if there's any truth to that i'm not a full time train sperg

Nintendo Kid posted:

this isn't true, that's not how you keep tracks clean.

wesley snypes posted:

how DO u keep tracks clean

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Context: Murder rate per 100000 inhabitants

kalstrams posted:

Is manslaughter a sport in Greenland? :psyduck:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That'd be suicide.

:megadeath:

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The Valuum posted:

People play dungeons and dragons in prison! I actually almost wanted to start playing, until I took a closer look at the prison dnd crew...100% sex crimes. There was one guy that tried to get a non-sex crime DnD game going but there wasn't enough people.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ChocNitty posted:

Since Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise is free, it's worth checking out, if only just as a curiosity. I joined someones garden online for some co-op. I saw she had these cute and boring pet names for her pinatas, so I renamed all of them after serial killers and evil dictators. I don't think she liked that since she kicked me out of her garden. Then her mom messaged me saying she was going to report me to Microsoft. I told her to buy her daughter a Wii U for christmas. I joined another players garden and renamed his pinata's after STD's, but he didn't seem to mind.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drat, ChocNitty totally owned that little girl. :hfive:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
He's basically unstoppable

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

He's basically unstoppable

Goons acting like Cyber Badasses is always good fun:

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I saw a woman crying when I was at at a public place and I asked her what was wrong. She was apparently upset because her kid had just stolen a CD from Walmart and had been arrested. I pulled out my laptop, connected to the wifi, illegally downloaded some music in front of her and walked away laughing.

I guess this is what a computer janitor thinks "cool" looks like.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

This type of anecdote is making me think I'm in the TVTropes thread

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

greatn posted:

He's a method actor, his doctor advised him to not get cancer and die. Stupid Bale doesn't even know Steve Jobs would never listen to a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

That was pretty obviously a joke post though?

• Locked thread