Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Master Twig posted:

The shooting attack has armorbane against open topped vehicles and vehicles that have taken at least one hull point. But it's only strength 3. It has 6 close combat attacks that are 2+ poisoned and is equipped with lash whips? Of course it's only WS3. It's strength and toughness 6. 5 wounds. 4+ armor, but also has shrouded.

I6 helps it in combat. It is a pretty legit threat to infantry at range and monsters in combat. Though it is no biovores, carnifex, or mawlock. It doesn't look like any of the new beasts get access to biomorphs. I would gladly give this guy fleet. Shrouded + gargoyles = 3+ cover save.

I don't get the hate for the Dimachaeron. The thing is getting 8-10 WS8 attacks on the charge with either S7 or insta-death on a 4+ to wound. It's toughness is decent with a good chance of fnp in close combat. The leaping isn't as useful, but it does give his impact hits strikedown, and I think people underestimate how good fleet actually is.
A dimachaeron with 12" movement would be stupid good.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

LordAba posted:

I6 helps it in combat. It is a pretty legit threat to infantry at range and monsters in combat. Though it is no biovores, carnifex, or mawlock. It doesn't look like any of the new beasts get access to biomorphs. I would gladly give this guy fleet. Shrouded + gargoyles = 3+ cover save.

I don't get the hate for the Dimachaeron. The thing is getting 8-10 WS8 attacks on the charge with either S7 or insta-death on a 4+ to wound. It's toughness is decent with a good chance of fnp in close combat. The leaping isn't as useful, but it does give his impact hits strikedown, and I think people underestimate how good fleet actually is.
A dimachaeron with 12" movement would be stupid good.

I think we all accept its a beast in CC, problem is that its the size of a knight, so you cant exactly hide it. Its probably just going to get shot to death before it gets there.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hencoe posted:

I think we all accept its a beast in CC, problem is that its the size of a knight, so you cant exactly hide it. Its probably just going to get shot to death before it gets there.

This. Imperial Knights are only 70 points more than a Dima and move faster, have solid shooting and are a lot tougher to kill, both at range and in melee. Being able to move 12" is huge with Knights. The Dima has a great statline but getting into melee to make use of it is hard, since it moves as slow as a Carnifex and it's FNP only kicks in after the first round of combat (maybe) which doesn't help it at all for the 3 turns it spends trying to get there. Imp Knights have no issue getting into combat if they want to thanks to their directional invuln, 6HP, ignoring almost all of the damage chart and AV13 front armour (and sides? I can't remember) along with the 12" move.

For something as bug as a Knight that is meant to be a giant Lictor, it just isn't very agile. Forgeworld are known to do really cool, crazy bug poo poo for other factions (Riptide that can evac itself out of combat and dive in from reserves again next turn, for example) so I don't get how the Dima is so mediocre.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

HiveCommander posted:

Yeah, and it led to a strange time paradox where all the now-leaderless Orks he took with him had no idea what they were doing in the first place.
I liked the old, silly fluff like that. Is there still stuff like it in the new Ork codex?

There's some fluff about a tribe of Snakebites that are seeding planets with some fast-spawning strain of Tyranid so they can always have a proper fight. Does that count?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

There's some fluff about a tribe of Snakebites that are seeding planets with some fast-spawning strain of Tyranid so they can always have a proper fight. Does that count?
Close enough!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hencoe posted:

It's the size of a trygon and shorter than a harpy. Build some taller terrain?

Not to mention how easy it is to give something a 3+ cover save in the army.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 2, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Does anyone know of a bitz store that has Eldar Falcon or Dark Eldar Venom clear canopies in stock? I need at least two due to loss and breakage, but I can't find them anywhere

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
This is a game of space orks and elf pirates.

There is no need to justify anything, let alone resurrecting characters comic book style.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

NTRabbit posted:

Does anyone know of a bitz store that has Eldar Falcon or Dark Eldar Venom clear canopies in stock? I need at least two due to loss and breakage, but I can't find them anywhere

Man, I searched high and low for those and ended up having to beg them off other goons. Also, those aren't interchangeable parts. The DE canopies are a little flatter and wider all around.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Are Salamander chapter tactics sigfnificantly better or worse than the semi-default Ultramarines ones? Just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be screwing myself over by making a Salamanders successor chapter.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Two down, three to go. Saving the more trickier ones for later. Need to figure out where to get a banner pole and a pin vice for the Banner bearer.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

PeterWeller posted:

Also, those aren't interchangeable parts. The DE canopies are a little flatter and wider all around.

Well that sucks even more. I may actually have to buy another real falcon chassis vehicle, at great expense, and ask support to replace the missing parts that won't come with it.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

An Angry Bug posted:

Are Salamander chapter tactics sigfnificantly better or worse than the semi-default Ultramarines ones? Just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be screwing myself over by making a Salamanders successor chapter.

Sally tactics are perfectly fine. They aren't the go-to like they were in the 5th edition book, but you're not going to gimp yourself by taking them. Master-crafted combi-weapons on sarges are pretty baller (as is a thunder hammer on a bike master). Of course, you can just take Vulkan and get MC meltas for free, which makes Sternguard pretty horrifying.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

(as is a thunder hammer on a bike master)

I don't know why but suddenly I got this mental image of Salamanders playing Polo with Thunder Hammers.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Cooked Auto posted:

I don't know why but suddenly I got this mental image of Salamanders playing Polo with Thunder Hammers.

Instead of Horses they use armored motorcycles.
Instead of Mallets they use powered warhammers
Instead of a Ball they use a Ork Skull... or a Traitors Skull... or a Xenos Skull...

Otherwise just like Polo, makes for a lovely afternoon!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Fairly sure they'd need something tougher than a skull as the ball if they wanted to play polo with thunder hammers.
:goonsay:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Fairly sure they'd need something tougher than a skull as the ball if they wanted to play polo with thunder hammers.

Wouldn't be too difficult to put a force field in there.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Don't thunderhammers use a power source? Couldn't you just turn them off or disconnect them?

What am I saying? This is 40k. Of course you can't.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_33_388&products_id=5948

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

thespaceinvader posted:

the sacred mechano-polo tourney uses the helmet casque of an Iron Warrior severed from its owner's neck in the dying days of the Horus Heresy. Among the first quests of a Salamanders successor chapter is a grand hunt for a new traitor helmet with which to play the sacred game.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Unfortunately they're out of stock, and have been for a while

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

What an rear end pain. Do Vypers and Falcons share the same cockpit glass? If so...

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

NTRabbit posted:

If you search on ebay for canopy bits you can find a few, though some are pricier than others. 2 on sale for $16 that I found.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was chased out of the store by funk, a gamers tale.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I cannot go into my preferred FLGS on Friday night, due to the funk of the Magic crowd.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I feel like a bad dad. I took my kids in to buy a Sanctus reach storm claw boxed set.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Wait, isn't that out of print? Where'd you find it?

Slimnoid posted:

Sally tactics are perfectly fine. They aren't the go-to like they were in the 5th edition book, but you're not going to gimp yourself by taking them. Master-crafted combi-weapons on sarges are pretty baller (as is a thunder hammer on a bike master). Of course, you can just take Vulkan and get MC meltas for free, which makes Sternguard pretty horrifying.
Good to hear.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

An Angry Bug posted:

Wait, isn't that out of print? Where'd you find it?

Good to hear.

A local store. They still have a copy. Payed $115 plus tax so $130 total for it. Planning on selling all the space wolves and warboss. In fact if anyone is interested in only that stuff PM me. Keeping the other ork stuff and rule book.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

I feel like a bad dad. I took my kids in to buy a Sanctus reach storm claw boxed set.

For penance you should teach your kids the value of not smelling like BO and/or not ripping farts in the middle of the store.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
So I just sniped this auction on ebay. Prepare to face the green tide, Sulecrist! (When I'm done painting it all in 10 years)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Arven posted:

So I just sniped this auction on ebay. Prepare to face the green tide, Sulecrist! (When I'm done painting it all in 10 years)

Congrats! I put the initial shameful bid on it in the off chance nobody noticed.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Arven posted:

You've got yourself most of the really good metal character models. You're pretty much only missing the three best ones: Red Gobbo, the Prospector and the banna wava with an AK47 Shoota.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

NTRabbit posted:

Use Saran Wrap , I'm not making GBS threads you it actually looks good. The hardest part is stretching it over the canopy with out getting a wrinkle. Use a bigger piece then just a light touch with a hobby knife to cut away excess then paint.

I don't actually know how he puts it on maybe before the assemble? Not sure, but he uses it.

Try it , my friend uses this weird light green stuff for his canopies. So it's kind of see through but not, but tinted.

I have no idea how he keeps it from tearing.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 3, 2014

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

NTRabbit posted:

Unfortunately they're out of stock, and have been for a while

You're in Australia right? If you're cool with waiting until I get home and check, I'm pretty sure I have Falcon/ Venom (you want the closed or open one?) canopies.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Arven posted:

Jesus, nice get! Guess I should get my Thunderfire Cannon painted.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Is it just me or are Ork prices on Ebay always ridiculously cheap? I have to hunt to get good deals on my CSM, Daemons, Necrons.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Some days I see this poo poo and just want to give up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well black reach orks seems to be affordable but reality is they are so cheap point wise it's still expensive. I need more black reach boyz. 20 to be exact. And some copters.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Am I dumb or is the only reason you would take storm troopers over vets is to deep strike in a min unit with 2xplasma or Melta because I cant see any other use that vets dont do better and with objective scured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

Some days I see this poo poo and just want to give up.

That's awesome.

• Locked thread